Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Ipod toutch questions
wkw427
post Nov 16 2009, 1:02 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

I'm planning on getting an 8gb ipod touch (don't ask why), and I just need to know, how long would its battery life be?

Lets say, I leave it on all day connected to my home internet via wifi uploading things to youtube, how long would battery life last?
Could I keep it plugged in?
Can it upload other types of files to other sites? Like, .rars to megaupload?
Can it run p2p programs (like utorrent)? Or do I have to mod it to do that?
Do I NEED to use itunes to put music and video on it? Or can I just plug it in via usb and have my computer copy files to it like it is an external hard drive?

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
Jahnavi
post Nov 16 2009, 3:44 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I have a 16 GB iPod Touch, so I'm just answering out of experience...

Lets say, I leave it on all day connected to my home internet via wifi uploading things to youtube, how long would battery life last?

That depends on what you're doing; if you're specifically asking about uploading vids, I think it would last a good 10-12 hours unplugged (as long as it was completely charged when you started, of course).

Could I keep it plugged in?

Yup. Whether you use a dock, or keep it plugged in to your computer, it's fully functional while you're charging it.

Can it upload other types of files to other sites? Like, .rars to megaupload?

I know certain sites allow you to upload pictures from your Touch, but I don't know about other types of files, like music or videos...

Can it run p2p programs (like utorrent)? Or do I have to mod it to do that?

I really don't know. But I did Google it. Maybe something like *this* will help...?

Do I NEED to use itunes to put music and video on it? Or can I just plug it in via usb and have my computer copy files to it like it is an external hard drive?

I don't think you need iTunes; copying files straight to its main folder will probably work fine. (I think my friend does that, I could ask, if you really want...)

Hope I helped. ^^

This post has been edited by Jahnavi: Nov 16 2009, 3:45 PM

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
wkw427
post Nov 16 2009, 5:52 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Jah, could you try uploading a .rar of any size to megaupload.com?

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Boo
post Nov 17 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (wkw427 @ Nov 16 2009, 02:02 PM) *

Expanding on Jahnavi's answer, I'd personally highly recommend downloading iTunes. It's a free program and will making owning an iPod (of any kind) a smooth and enjoyable experience. That, and it backs everything up for you, (when you sync your iPod, it automatically downloads any purchases/applications you've downloaded onto the program for easy retrieval if anything were to happen.)

All that and, if I do say so, it's a really high-quality and nifty program. I honestly use it every time I use the computer. (But this is coming from a person who has used Apple's products all of her life. icon_mrgreen.gif)

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
Jahnavi
post Nov 17 2009, 4:16 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

All that and, if I do say so, it's a really high-quality and nifty program.

Two words, Boo: iTunes Visualizer. 8D

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Boo
post Nov 18 2009, 1:23 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Jahnavi @ Nov 17 2009, 04:16 PM) *
Two words, Boo: iTunes Visualizer. 8D

xD Precisely! Couldn't have said it better myself. icon_biggrin.gif

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
winxclubrox23
post Nov 18 2009, 3:41 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Ooh, I do enjoy my iTunes Visualizer.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 8:04 PM