3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Add Reply
> Why do you like Winx?, Well?
Another Morning
post Feb 19 2009, 3:58 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

So, there's a topic somewhere around here about how you first heard of/saw Winx. But what was it that made you keep watching?

I think for me, it's that first of all, I really like modern fantasy in general. And the idea of being thrust into a new world where there is magic and whatnot has always fascinated me. I also like that they branched out into some more uncommon powers (like music and technology).

Their personalities also drew me in. They were different, but they clicked, and each girl had something about them I could identify with.

At first, the art style was kind of jarring to me, and I couldn't decide if I liked it or not. But that now I'm used it it, I'm more fond of it. At least it's distinct.

To be honesty, Winx has always been sort of a guilty pleasure for me .___. I'm really not very "girly" at all, and most shows that have to do with teenagers make me want to barf. Not to mention the sometimes-hilarious 4kids script. But something about it just made me stick with it anyway.

How about you? O:

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page
Zhanneel
post Feb 19 2009, 5:16 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I think I'd have to agree with you on pretty much everything you just said. I don't have too many girly shows I get into, other than Winx. And yeah we all know it can be predictable and silly and probably made for kids much younger than us, but doesn't mean we're going to stop watching it xP.

It was the humor and theme of mixing the modern world with the magical world that first grabbed my attention. Then, I began to love watching the relationships grow between the characters. Call me corny, but I like to see friends acting like friends, sticking up for each other, laughing, yelling, fighting for what's right. I guess I never got that experience in high school since most of my friends were pretty fake as it was, and perhaps I'm vicariously living out my high school dreams through cartoon characters. Lol, sad I know. Whatever the reason, I love the idea of a tight-knit group of friends. It's a refreshing change to the common dysfunctional relationships I've noticed in many modern cartoons/shows.
P-girl
post Feb 19 2009, 8:56 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

For me, it's mainly the design; the way it's drawn, the worlds that are created... and even though they're not as developed as some other cartoons, most characters are extremely likeable in my opinion.

And hot bishies. So.... many.... hot bishies.....
wkw427
post Feb 19 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

QUOTE (P-girl @ Feb 19 2009, 03:56 AM) *
And hot bishies. So.... many.... hot bishies.....

Initial reason for me. Now I like the music and the story line, even though it has more holes then a dounut.

Also I wish I had magic and could blow things up.. .. .. yeah

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Tom273
post Feb 19 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Banned

I love the music and the plot is cool + everything about Winx club is cute ^^

--------------------

Thank you Jah-Jah for the awesome new forum set ^^

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself"
P-girl
post Feb 19 2009, 2:20 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (wkw427 @ Feb 19 2009, 01:31 PM) *
Initial reason for me. Now I like the music and the story line, even though it has more holes then a dounut.

Don't donuts only have one hole?
winxclub-joy
post Feb 19 2009, 3:03 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Outfits and character designs? Honesty, the stories didn't attract me much. When the first time I've begin to watch winx club, I just got attracted by their beautiful animations, Magic, outfits and character design (After some time I discovered that their animation aren't so good. And also really familiar that what I've imagined how my fantasy land are like since young. [i](I love magic, fairies and all those fictional creatures! And when I was still a naive girl, I believe their existence!)

And honesty, if I didn't went to their company site, I didn't know that Tommy and Oscar is part of Rainbow production! I was surprised as I soon begin to discovered that Straffi have different styles of drawings, unlike disney. (Disney have their own ways of drawings too, except their eyes which I've discovered are almost the same.)

--------------------
Jahnavi
post Feb 19 2009, 3:04 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Feb 19 2009, 07:50 PM) *
Don't donuts only have one hole?

Lol, I thought the phrase was: "...even though it has more holes than a donut factory."

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
P-girl
post Feb 19 2009, 3:08 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Ah, I see.... In Holland, we usually use Swiss Cheese to say something's holey. (And we once had an advertisement campaign about people who didn't have holes in their cheese, and punched their own. Off topic? A bit. Funny? One of them used a JACKHAMMER to get holes in his cheese.)
Jahnavi
post Feb 19 2009, 3:10 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Lol. ^^

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Tiny Dragon
post Feb 19 2009, 3:15 PM
Post #11

Mythix Fairy

Even though it has some issues the story is what draws me in. That and the characters. I am not a big fan of clothing, make up, or girlie things but I do love bright colours and damn the Winx Club is bright.

I have always been attracted to this kind of show. Fantasy, romance and action all rolled into one.

--------------------
Another Morning
post Feb 19 2009, 5:14 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

XD I agree with Zhan in that it's fun to just see a group of people be friends and genuinly care about each other. While dysfunction and self-centeredness may be funny sometimes, it seems like it's becoming the standard, and then it gets kind of annoying :/

I, too, had a weakness for the clothes x.x Especially their transformation outfits.

And P-girl...now I want to attack some cheese with a jackhammer. XD

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
winxclub-joy
post Feb 20 2009, 8:25 AM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

lolz

Romance and fantasy are always my type!!!! xD

--------------------
musaenchantixthe...
post Feb 20 2009, 9:10 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

the way they look, they are so pretty. and their outfits. plus they're fairies. winx club was my first "fairy tale" story. its the first i seen about fairies. they are the one who made me love fairies. and i love how they are about magic of friendship. plus they deal with real life problems that people go through.

--------------------
humbu111
post Feb 20 2009, 9:21 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

mightymarty2
post Feb 20 2009, 9:56 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

i don't know I just liked the hole lot as soon as I watched it. I do like the hole friends sticking up for each other . In school I never really had that

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
musaenchantixthe...
post Feb 21 2009, 11:28 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

aww... thats sad to hear. its ok marty. *hugz*
i understand you. i would stick up for a friend but that 'friend' didn't stick up for me. she thought her problems were bigger then mine. there's a lot of stuff she doesn't know about me and what i've been through.
its sad that she turn her back against me and just care about popularity.
why do girls care so much about popularity and why do they kill themselves over a guy. i can never get that. its a shame.

--------------------
wkw427
post Feb 21 2009, 11:37 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (mightymarty2 @ Feb 20 2009, 04:56 PM) *
i don't know I just liked the hole lot as soon as I watched it. I do like the hole friends sticking up for each other . In school I never really had that

Hole? You mean whole, right?

IO hope so..

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
humbu111
post Feb 21 2009, 11:40 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

P-girl
post Feb 21 2009, 11:48 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

Bishies, or Bishonen are men, drawn a certain way (With some feminine touches), which I find very hot. Winx examples are:

Ophir/Nabu

Avalon

Helia

Valtor
And of course, the penultimate example:

Season 2 Palladium.

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 2:34 AM