Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Add Reply
> What's your imperfection?, Let it all out here and give tips of how you're dealing it
Rating 5 V
winxclub-joy
post Jan 13 2009, 3:19 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

nobody's perfect, so do I. So, what is our imperfections for ladies or gentlemen out there?

I have a small tummy, small chest, uneven body skin-tone (Thanks to my high school sports teacher, curse him), big nose covered with blackheads, acne problem and a T-zone skin. But now I'm happy with the results that my facial consultant gave me and my skin looks less worser now.

And now, I'm dealing with my small tummy again (Since I've been eating alot during holidays, and I just had a MacDonald McSpicy meal with my BFF, dear Bloomfan. All I'm going to do is home-exercise or jogging, so that I can at least lose a bit of weight to maintain my figure for a beach fiesta (Volleyball, what else? xD)

So, I've finished mine imperfections plus some so-called tips. So what's yours?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
Jahnavi
post Jan 13 2009, 3:35 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Hm... I'm pretty prone to blackheads and things like that... And I guess I'd call my glasses an "imperfection"...
But other than that, I'm pretty slim, and I'm okay with my height... So I'm pretty satisfied with how I look. ^^

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Winx4eva!
post Jan 13 2009, 3:38 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

*shurgs* my finger nails...I bit them...I am getting annoyed on the holiday thing.I put on weight.So I am walking my dog for the last week and swimming.Then it's the pimples...

--------------------

--- www.mishiiheart.blogspot.com ---
P-girl
post Jan 13 2009, 3:44 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

My imperfection is my pale skin. It isn't 'Pretty' pale, it's 'You look like dead warmed up'-pale, all the time. Together with my crooked teeth, dislike for the sun and hatred for garlic, in my younger years, some kids in my class actually believed I was a vampire.
Zhanneel
post Jan 13 2009, 3:59 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I think this topic is a great idea Joy =). Lets everyone share their problems and deal with them positively. And since most of us are internet friends and not real-life friends there's no worry that anyone will judge someone else.

Small tummy, yeah, not crazy about that either. So I make sure I exercise whenever I can. Lolz@Joy, I also probably had too many sweets during the holidays (namely pumpkin pie ^^).

My other two problems are things I just have to deal with no matter what. My biggest complaint is my height. Being fully grown at 5 feet (or 152.4 cm) kind of sucks. First and foremost, people take me to be younger than I really am. Then there's the problem of reaching stuff up high, hehe. How I get around this? I either ignore the people who treat me like I'm younger (since it really only matters what I think anyway, I shouldn't worry about them) or prove my age through speaking and acting mature. As for the physical problem of reaching stuff up high...well, that's why they invented counters and table tops, right? The world is my stepping stone, xD. My other "imperfection" is my nose. I used to hate it when I was younger. I thought it was too big for my face. Now I've come to like it because I think it makes my face unique. And I guess proportional to my face it really isn't that big, just seems that way to me.

@Winx4eva: I had the fingernail biting problem all the way until high school. I'm not exactly sure how I stopped, but I think a lot of it had to do with getting frustrated at myself. I think will power played a big role and it was definitely hard to overcome a habit I had been doing for years.

Anywho, thanks for letting me rant ^^.

(Ah, just saw P-girl's post: I hear you on the non-straight teeth problem. My family couldn't afford braces for me, so I just never smiled with my mouth open. Not exactly the most pleasant solution, but I've lived with it forever so I guess I'm used to it.)
mightymarty2
post Jan 13 2009, 7:01 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

i never have smiled with my mouth open, well dry skin and my back seems to get spots and then get better then get worse, also exam have left my arm in bad shape especially the left just above the center when i get stressed. Also i would say i am a bit over weight

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Bloom girl
post Jan 13 2009, 7:18 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Oh.., fortunately I don´t have problem with my weight (I´m very thin about... 36 or 37 kilos) and I also go to a gym and I learn dance there.
My problem is my height ! I ´m only 1,55 metres tall ! (I dont´t know how it is my height in feet)And this thing with my finger nails is another problem , too .My skin is full of spots , but now is cleaner and better.
@winxclub-joy: I have a small chest, too
Furtermore , I will put braces on my teeth !

That´s all ! Oh.. and I have brown hair, brown eyes , red lips , small nose...(things I like)

This post has been edited by Bloom girl: Feb 5 2009, 5:20 PM
dittadulla
post Jan 13 2009, 8:22 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Well... I just feel so nice the way I am... although I eat a little too much candy, my weight never really goes up. So I just keep staying slim xD and my height is great, 1,63 meters^^. I have like a tiny more than average big chest and thick and red hair in a pretty length. ^^.

On the other hand, I have a bad habit of pinching two tiny pimples in my face so it always turns deep red again =S but I can't find anything more wrong with myself... that I'm inhappy with that is...

--------------------
musaenchantixthe...
post Jan 13 2009, 9:48 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

well my imperfection is i guess is my two crooked finger (they got that way because of an accident)
i'm rather skinny for girls my age, i'm not over-weight but actually under weight. i lose a lot of pound during my surgeries. i'm trying to recover my weight.
my grandma also says i have a horrible sickly looking color tone. i'm pale for my type, but its because i hate the sun. i can't stand it, i just can't see in the sunlight. but my friends i'm ok.
but i'm really short for my age, even for a mexican. everyone thinks i'm a freshman, which is really annoying. but its also cause i don't wear makeup. i don't know why i don't like it, i want to wear it sometime but then i don't. can y'all help me with that. do you think makeup is ok for me to wear. i'm 17 years old, a junior in high school.

--------------------
Boo
post Jan 13 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

I like to always think positive and not dwell on the negatives, so sharing imperfections is just diving into a subject I'd rather forget about, but, I see how it could be a positive thing too; confronting your imperfections instead of ignoring them... so I may share.

My problem is, I'm 16 and am quite underweight (not going to be specific, but it's under 100 pounds.) But the fact of the matter is, I don't feel that thin. In fact, I look at myself and constantly think I'm fat, that I have a gut and such. I've been told by peers, friends, and family that I look thin, but I can't bring myself to believe them. I'm quite self conscious, you see.

(you can all just ignore the previous paragraph if you may. Just wanted to get that off of my chest.)

I wouldn't see being flat-chested as being a bad thing, in fact, it's probably better that way, since you won't receive unwanted attention as other girls may face as a teen (or older).

Fingernail biting... just wear a really nasty tasting nail polish: it works. icon_wink.gif

And braces: they hurt, and they aren't the prettiest things, but just think of the benefits instead of the drawbacks. Also, consider yourself lucky, as braces these days are quite expensive (dental care in general costs way too much).

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
musaenchantixthe...
post Jan 13 2009, 10:26 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

i agree with the flat-chested part. its not a bad thing, i rather have it the way i am. i don't want them any bigger. plus the pain....
don't worry that your flat-chested. they will grow at their pace. sound weird to say that but its true.

--------------------
winxclub-joy
post Jan 13 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Well, when I laugh or smile, I look seriously retarded. So looks like we're from the same society xP

I don't have problem with my height, since I'm taller than dear Strafi. But then I demand for more, maybe because in the past I used to be a shortie and the fear of being shorter than anyone else.

The chest part, I don't really mind as long as it grew a tiny bit, only a bit. I'm not asking for papaya size, *dangs*

blackheads, arrhx. I hate them, I've tried various of products to get rid of them, eve with doctor's advice but none of them work. Pimples, yeah =)

I don't have fingernails problems, even though I like to bit them, maybe that's the cause of natural xD

Big face, I'll be trying Bio-essence slimming cream if I can.

but, the part which I like to complain the most is my nose. Everyone in my father's bloodline family has big nose, and I'm the unlucky one. I just hate my nose, I remembered once that I got compared to Jackie Chan, I just hate it.

I was thinking of going nose surgery after 21, if I'm able to afford it. Nose, I HATE YOU! arrhx >.<

--------------------
AnnieBelle
post Jan 13 2009, 11:38 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Okay, let's see if the girl with a good self-image about herself can find something she doesn't like.

My teeth, I don't like those. {I have a horrendous overbite--dentist quit on trying to fix that...and I have an extra tooth somewhere above one of my front teeth.}

And maybe my weight...I'm...eh...160 pounds...or 72 kg(ish)...and while I'm tall for my age, that's still...overweight.
As in, there's a BMI portion of our semester-ly fitness tests in PE, I've never not failed one.

*Will not complain about her ...ahem...chest size, as it seems she's on the opposite end of the scale from some of the other girls on here...*

--------------------
winxclub-joy
post Jan 14 2009, 2:17 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

o.o

I just hate my nose, which is the part I dislike the most. Being a big nose society sucks =.="

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Jan 14 2009, 3:22 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Rofl, so a lot of us have stupid smiles. Good, I feel much better now ^^.

And sorry about the chest thing Annie. I suffer from your problem too. Not fun, especially when the extra weight gives me a back ache.

Anyone who is trying to lose weight: I would say it's a good goal (as long as you don't already fall under your weight limit for your age/height/body type), but if you do it make sure you do it in a healthy way--exercise combined with good eating habits (not no eating habit). It does work too, that's how I dropped a lot of weight.

Aww, just saw Joy's post. My nose isn't exactly cute and button-like either, but maybe you'll like it one day? I'm starting to think my nose makes my face unique, and I kind of think it makes me stand out in a good way.

Karime: do you personally not like makeup? (I can see why if you do. I hate it, yet I wear it because it's a social norm in the United States *gag*).
Jahnavi
post Jan 14 2009, 3:25 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Beat this!
After I got my braces off, my parents and family kept saying, "Oh wow, you've got such a nice smile now! You should smile more!" And I don't know whether I listened to their advice, or just began to do this naturally, lol, but whenever I laughed or grinned, I had this huge toothy smile... And my friends teased me about it! (@ Zhanneel: Remember the Orbit Gum commercial picture on Facebook?)
So now, I smile with my mouth shut. Not because of bad teeth, but because it's so annoying (and sometimes quite hurtful) when people laugh me if I smile with my mouth open! (Once, one of my "friends" told me, "Seriously, shut your mouth when you smile, I'm going to have nightmares." I laughed when he said that, but he just repeated it. He wasn't kidding.)

This post has been edited by Jahnavi: Jan 14 2009, 3:30 PM

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Zhanneel
post Jan 14 2009, 4:00 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Wow, never known anyone to have the polar opposite problem of wanting a nice smile. I think you just need practice, lol. My sister is actually getting braces right now too (and she's like 25 xP) so I'm guessing I'll have to help coach her on how big of a smile to do, otherwise she might overdo it too. (And yes, you did remind me of the Orbit gum commercials ^^).

My closed mouth smile is not what I'd prefer, but then again I'd rather not show my teeth until maybe one day I can afford the dental procedure. I don't mind keeping my mouth closed, but my smile isn't exactly "vivid" then. My relatives think I don't have fun because I never smile and whenever I take pictures they complain because I look like I'm frowning. But I really am trying to smile! =p
dittadulla
post Jan 14 2009, 7:02 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

Ooh, me has too much self-confident to put anything on mah beautiful smile~

[/brag]

Anyway, I have a pretty nice smile, even showing my teeth. And even though I have braces in lower teeth... but no one notices them when I smile, it just covers down xD Ooh, like many weeks after the school started again {braces = before school started again, after school ended the year before} or actually many many weeks after it started this year, a boy in my class {and this is a small class, everyone notices everyone} just noticed that I had braces. Just noticed, I repeat.

I forgot! :

I have really pale skin, really pale. And there is a tiny red spot under my eye that has been there for like forever and ever. My facial hair is also white. So if I'd want people to actually see my eye lashes, I'd have to wear mascara always. >.<.

And annoying: When in alot of sun, I have to put on alot of sun protection so that I won't burn. It's really annoying because my cousins are y'know using a low protection and they tan like crazy xD but I don't tan. Like many of you perhaps though.

--------------------
humbu111
post Jan 14 2009, 8:59 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

Lol Ditty had facial hair XD Just joking, I know what you mean...

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

dittadulla
post Jan 14 2009, 10:06 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

I mean eye-lashers, eyebrows, etc. xD

--------------------

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:33 AM