9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Add Reply
> The Secret World
Ranma
post Aug 7 2019, 6:04 AM
Post #81

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

I really do want to get back into it again. I just haven't had the time with work and the youtube channel. All my free time is spent editing. But me and Tenchi every other week are like "We need to hop back into the Secret World."

It really is one of our favorite games of all time. I really don't know why everyone hated the combat so much as opposed to WoW. I felt like it was no worse, and I enjoyed the more action oriented mechanics. Like being able to dodge attacks and things like that.

And The Secret World, by far, has the best questing system out of any other MMORPG period. I don't think it will be beat any time soon either. No MMO world has every made me so curious about exploring it than Secret World.

"What happens if I stay in this obviously haunted house for too long. OMG what's with all the hanging bodies when I pass through this bridge while dead." The succubus from the Hell dungeons is always a treat to be around just because of how hilarious she is. "I'm sorry, your princess is in another castle."

the dungeons themselves are always really fun to complete. It's one of the few MMO's where I actually have fun grinding a dungeon for gear because the boss fights are all really fun and unique.

It's really a shame that this game isn't more popular. It deserves to have a more thriving community.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Aug 7 2019, 8:17 AM
Post #82

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

If you do so and if you have Discord, you should stop by the official Discord server. Some of the nicest people on the fandom hang out there and are often very willing to help people out who haven't been around for a while and need a refresher.
Heck, even if you're not playing, it's a fun place to go to just have some fun, if sometimes silly, conversations.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Aug 7 2019, 8:20 AM
Ranma
post Aug 7 2019, 3:28 PM
Post #83

Cosmix Fairy

I'll have to check it out some time. I've actually been thinking of creating a discord for this place. It's just so much easier to keep in touch with a medium like discord because a lot of us are already on it every day.
I'm on it for my channel, and for when I game casually as well.
I even have the app for my phone.

--------------------
P-girl
post Aug 7 2019, 6:21 PM
Post #84

Cosmix Fairy

I'm on it quite regularly, oddly enough not with gaming. And due to... issues I have with social media, having the App might not be the best idea. (It's nothing big but I'm someone who can get antsy when she has unread messages on her phone.)
Ranma
post Aug 14 2019, 5:21 PM
Post #85

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, I hate having unread messages on my phone too.

--------------------
Ranma
post Aug 14 2019, 7:04 PM
Post #86

Cosmix Fairy

oh yeah, forgot to mention. If you've seen any of my recent videos could you let me know if you think the audio levels are okay. I've been experimenting with boosting my audio. Everywhere I've read says that when uploading to Youtube you should make the audio as loud as possible. But I dunno if it's coming out okay or not.

--------------------
P-girl
post Aug 15 2019, 6:05 AM
Post #87

Cosmix Fairy

I'm not experiencing any issues myself, so on my end, you don't have to worry about it.
Ranma
post Sep 5 2019, 9:59 AM
Post #88

Cosmix Fairy

Awesome!

BTW, back in 2017 Johnny Depp's studio said they were going to produce a TV series based on the Secret World. I wonder if they're still working on that or if they lost interest. If done right, that would be an awesome series to watch!

--------------------
P-girl
post Sep 5 2019, 9:08 PM
Post #89

Cosmix Fairy

It's probably in development hell at the moment.
It could be really cool. I admit I have my issues with live action from a non-live action medium but I'd be willing to give it a shot.
Ranma
post Sep 6 2019, 12:08 PM
Post #90

Cosmix Fairy

Just watched an entire play through of the Park the other day. Made me want to hop back in again. I wish I had the time to just sit down and play it.

--------------------
P-girl
post Sep 6 2019, 6:25 PM
Post #91

Cosmix Fairy

The Park is real good.
Have you heard about Draugen? It's from an Ex TSW player and it's also really good. (It has a similar playstyle to 'The Park'.)
Ranma
post Sep 7 2019, 3:28 PM
Post #92

Cosmix Fairy

I have not. I'll have to look it up!
I finally logged into Secret World Legends last night! It was good to be back, but it was so difficult getting into the new combat system. I had to change all the keys back to 1-6 instead of that left click, right click 1,2 stuff that they had.
Even then, I'm not used to the new abilities. They didn't havea chaos and sword starter so I went with chaos and fist weapon until I can get ahold of a sword. I usually play tank and that was my go to.
Though, I don't know if that's viable in the secret world legends anymore.
I miss my ability wheel XD

--------------------
P-girl
post Sep 7 2019, 4:50 PM
Post #93

Cosmix Fairy

Most builds are viable, especially in Single Player.
A lot of people say the new combat needs some getting used to. Me personally, it clicked right away. (It probably helped that I was in the Beta since, like, phase 1. Had a bit of a head start.)
Ranma
post Sep 7 2019, 7:05 PM
Post #94

Cosmix Fairy

It's mainly that my mindset is still stuck in the original Secret World XD
I like some of the changes. I just wish I still have my wheel. Having the passive abilities to increase or decrease threat was really useful. What do people use now?
I just got access to the Polaris dungeon, so I was hoping to jump into that soon. I love the dungeons in secret world. Very little trash mobs and going from boss to boss. Especially Polaris. Love the hide and seek fight XD

Also, I crashed 5 times. Is there a way to reduce that? I googled it and it seemed to be a problem that a lot of people had. I have a really good computer, so I don't know what I can do to reduce crashing. It doesn't seem to be a graphic setting thing.

--------------------
P-girl
post Sep 8 2019, 9:42 AM
Post #95

Cosmix Fairy

I've heard about that. It has to do with your NVidia drivers but that's about all I know... Sorry.
Ranma
post Sep 12 2019, 4:17 PM
Post #96

Cosmix Fairy

I updated my drivers and I've been crashing less. I still crash every now and then, but usually when I'm tabbed out to run mores code through a decoder. At least it's not in the middle of playing now XD

We just got done with the Dead Air quest the other day. The one early game that has you repairing the satellite, and then you get that mores code message.

Tenchi and I are determined to do every mission without cheating. So I spent an hour trying to figure out mores code. I wound up recording the audio and looked at the audio's spectrum analyzer. Was able to see little dots and lines. Typed them into a decoder and got the message "Drop Location" followed by 6 numbers. Looked up those coordinates on the map and BAM found out where to go. It's so rewarding when you don't cheat and figure this stuff out on your own!

Another favorite of mine was finding out "St. Jerome" translated the Bible to Latin. Joel figured out half the clue and pulled out his Bible to the right verse. But I was like "Nah, this guy translated the Bible to Latin, we probably need a Latin version."

And sure enough, after looking up that verse in the Latin version of the Bible; the first word of the verse that Tenchi looked up was the key to getting through the puzzle.

So. Much. Fun!

This post has been edited by Ranma: Sep 12 2019, 4:21 PM

--------------------
Ranma
post Sep 12 2019, 4:23 PM
Post #97

Cosmix Fairy

Also, how does buying Arum with marks of favor work? Because I keep getting caches but I don't have cache keys! lol.

And I'm bummed that I only get 10 dungeon keys a day. When I first read about them I though that it was a key needed at the end of the dungeon. I didn't realize it was a key needed at every boss. That's only 2 dungeons a day. It's like they don't want f2p people to play late game at all.

This post has been edited by Ranma: Sep 12 2019, 4:24 PM

--------------------
P-girl
post Sep 12 2019, 9:05 PM
Post #98

Cosmix Fairy

When you press 'H' you get several tabs, including your Mail and the Auction House. The middle one is the 'Aurum Exchange' which shows both the amount of Aurum-for-Marks and Marks-for-Aurum.

I admit I don't really run dungeons so that doesn't really bother me. I only really use my Scenario Keys (Since both Scenarios can be solo-ed) and those are actually a decent way to make sure I don't binge and play more of the game then I really want to. (Running three Scenarios a day is really enough for me.)

This post has been edited by P-girl: Sep 12 2019, 9:06 PM
Ranma
post Sep 13 2019, 7:08 AM
Post #99

Cosmix Fairy

Ah I see. I just got to level 20. I like the slider. I think that's a nice update to the old system.

--------------------
P-girl
post Sep 13 2019, 7:03 PM
Post #100

Cosmix Fairy

What slider are you talking about?

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 1:22 AM