2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> Bloom & Techna - Gaining their Enchantix
fluidbender
post Aug 16 2009, 6:38 AM
Post #1

A True Fairy

Group: Members

Ok, here's something I realized. I know that Faragonda said that Bloom was the exception when it came to fairies and whatnot; however, Episode 13 of Season 3 - Point of No Return - Tecna earned her Enchantix on Tides - not by saving someone from her planet; of course, we don't know much about her planet or anything except I'm sure it's a technolicaly sound place I'm sure. Because on the 2nd or 3rd episode, Faragonda said they could only get their Enchantix by saving someone from THEIR planet right? So why was Tecna an exception on this? Bloom's case you can understand, but Tecna's planet still exists and whatnot, so...

--------------------

Banner & Icon by Ditty! ^_^ <33333 Thank yew!
Go to the top of the page
SuperChick
post Aug 16 2009, 6:40 AM
Post #2

Sirenix Fairy

yea i always wondered that maybe if the omega gate was opened tides would be destroyed and maybe also other planets

--------------------
thanks bloomgirl^^
[/img]
Jahnavi
post Aug 16 2009, 6:42 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Maybe it's left for the viewers to assume that by saving the population of an entire planet, Tecna sacrificed enough to earn her Enchantix...? That's what I always thought...

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Tiny Dragon
post Aug 16 2009, 6:54 AM
Post #4

Mythix Fairy

I think what the writers were going off of was that Tecna made the ultimate sacrifice when she closed the Omega gate. I always thought that sacrificing yourself was a greater deed then saving someone from your own planet. I know it doesn’t play into the rules of saving someone from your own planet but Bloom has shown that that isn’t always the case. There always seem to be exceptions to magic just like in the English language.

--------------------
fluidbender
post Aug 16 2009, 7:14 AM
Post #5

A True Fairy

No, it would've just destroyed Tides because of the opposite forces from the planet and dimension.

QUOTE (SuperChick @ Aug 16 2009, 02:40 AM) *
yea i always wondered that maybe if the omega gate was opened tides would be destroyed and maybe also other planets

--------------------

fluidbender
post Aug 16 2009, 7:20 AM
Post #6

A True Fairy

Hmm....perhaps I missed that, but I got the idea from Faragonda that if you made a sacrifice in trying to save someone from your planet that would get you your Enchantix; perhaps Faragonda should've reviewed the rules for Enchantix herself maybe ^^;;; I'm sure probably someone else may have done that same thing...hmm....

QUOTE (Tiny Dragon @ Aug 16 2009, 02:54 AM) *
I think what the writers were going off of was that Tecna made the ultimate sacrifice when she closed the Omega gate. I always thought that sacrificing yourself was a greater deed then saving someone from your own planet. I know it doesn’t play into the rules of saving someone from your own planet but Bloom has shown that that isn’t always the case. There always seem to be exceptions to magic just like in the English language.

--------------------

SuperChick
post Aug 16 2009, 7:21 AM
Post #7

Sirenix Fairy

yea as tiny dragon said maybe it was the "ultiment"sacrafice
P.S tecna had the est sacrafice

--------------------
thanks bloomgirl^^
[/img]
fullmoon
post Aug 16 2009, 7:37 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I think Tecna is just another exception because her sacrifice was the biggest. Probably it was just not mentioned.

--------------------

I am not WEIRDhopefullyI think

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
mightymarty2
post Aug 16 2009, 8:19 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

also how do you know no one was on holiday there from her realm and saving a planet is a big enough sacrife in most peoples book

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
fullmoon
post Aug 16 2009, 8:34 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (mightymarty2 @ Aug 16 2009, 01:19 AM) *
also how do you know no one was on holiday there from her realm and saving a planet is a big enough sacrife in most peoples book

Oh! That is a good point! Hmm..a vacation to tides...

--------------------

I am not WEIRDhopefullyI think

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
{§hani}
post Aug 16 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Sometimes i think the viewers are left to asume things on purpose. Like open ended knots and holes in the plot. But i must agree Tecna's sacrifice was huge and by far the best.

What were the other girsl sacrifices?
Bloom - She went to Pyros to find her 'inner dragon'
Flora - Saved her little sister Rose
Stella - saved her Father
Tecna - Closed the Gates of Omega
Musa - saved Athena? from the fire.
Layla - ???

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
mightymarty2
post Aug 16 2009, 11:17 AM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

layla was sacrificing her sight to save a mermaid (i think it was the mermaid queen)

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
P-girl
post Aug 16 2009, 11:20 AM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Layla got blinded by Valtor.
Layla needed this staff that worked on sunlight to get her sight back.
Mermaid queen has staff.
Mermaid queen was captured.
Winx free Mermaid Queen.
Mermaid Queen gets lethally injured during escape.
Sun is going down, staff can only be used once.
Layla goes 'Use it on the Queen!'
Queen is healed, Layla stays blind (At least until the sun comes up)
Sacrifice has been made. Bam. Enchantix.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Aug 16 2009, 11:20 AM
Jahnavi
post Aug 16 2009, 2:05 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE ({§hani™} @ Aug 16 2009, 04:30 PM) *
Musa - Saved Athena? from the fire.

Actually, Musa saved Galatea, Princess of Melody. (At least, that's her title in the RAI English version...)

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
P-girl
post Aug 16 2009, 2:06 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Could be worse. I once confused Galatea with Barbatea, the librarian.
winxclubrox23
post Aug 16 2009, 9:41 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I've always thought of it like this:

By closing the Omega portal, Tecna not only saved Tides, but the entire Magical Dimension. Had she not actually closed the portal, it would have eventually effected the entire dimension, which includes Tecna's planet. So in a way, she was saving her own planet, only in advance.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Boo
post Aug 16 2009, 10:58 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (winxclubrox23 @ Aug 16 2009, 09:41 PM) *
I've always thought of it like this:

By closing the Omega portal, Tecna not only saved Tides, but the entire Magical Dimension. Had she not actually closed the portal, it would have eventually effected the entire dimension, which includes Tecna's planet. So in a way, she was saving her own planet, only in advance.

Interesting theory...

I always found it unclear when it came to whether closing the portal would just save Tides, or if it would have affected the rest of the realms. I'd also assumed that it eventually would have affected other realms, but that was simply the impression I received (was this ever really delved into during the series?)

I agree with Jahnavi; since the sacrifice was so great, I would think it would make up for not saving someone from her realm. That, and like Marty says, we don't know if someone from her realm was in Tides or not. icon_mrgreen.gif

Something also on the subject:
As a note: I watch the 4kids version.
Was it just me, or when Tecna sacrificed herself, did Miss Farragonda seem... I don't know, a bit too unsympathetic? She seems to dote on Bloom, I know, and that was very clear with the whole Pyros plot... but it seemed while Tecna was gone (and when she was back), the headmistress didn't show much sympathy or pride towards her...
Like when she talked to the girls after the event occurred... to me, she didn't seem too shaken or upset (with the fact in mind that Tecna was one of her students...).
I mean... if Bloom was the one who had sacrificed herself... (I think you all know where I'm going with that.)
Maybe it's just me...

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
SuperChick
post Aug 17 2009, 1:39 AM
Post #18

Sirenix Fairy

QUOTE (Boo @ Aug 16 2009, 03:58 PM) *
Interesting theory...

I always found it unclear when it came to whether closing the portal would just save Tides, or if it would have affected the rest of the realms. I'd also assumed that it eventually would have affected other realms, but that was simply the impression I received (was this ever really delved into during the series?)

I agree with Jahnavi; since the sacrifice was so great, I would think it would make up for not saving someone from her realm. That, and like Marty says, we don't know if someone from her realm was in Tides or not. icon_mrgreen.gif

Something also on the subject:
As a note: I watch the 4kids version.
Was it just me, or when Tecna sacrificed herself, did Miss Farragonda seem... I don't know, a bit too unsympathetic? She seems to dote on Bloom, I know, and that was very clear with the whole Pyros plot... but it seemed while Tecna was gone (and when she was back), the headmistress didn't show much sympathy or pride towards her...
Like when she talked to the girls after the event occurred... to me, she didn't seem too shaken or upset (with the fact in mind that Tecna was one of her students...).
I mean... if Bloom was the one who had sacrificed herself... (I think you all know where I'm going with that.)
Maybe it's just me...

Boo i do agree about farigonda.... all she really cares about seems to be bloom BUT Tecna in my opinion had a WAY better sacrafice in Bloom Tecna did not only save people from her relm but the ENTIRE planet of Tides which Is a verry big sacrafice

--------------------
thanks bloomgirl^^
[/img]
fluidbender
post Aug 17 2009, 2:12 AM
Post #19

A True Fairy

Holy plotholes...I really never thought about how open ended some of the sequences in this season were until you guys brought it up, and the whole Ms. Faragonda emotion thing, she's never really shown any emotion about anything. She'll frown and turn her head, but that's about it. You know how leader types are; they try to stay as strong as possible so that everyone else around them can still rely on them. Not to mention you guys forget that Faragonda along with Griffith and Saladin fought with her parents in the Company of Light, so of course she'd have a bit more connection to Bloom than the other girls. None of them had their worlds destroyed before any of them came into knowledge of it.

Now to really think through it, the Enchantix storyline could easily be more confusing than any of the others now that those little plot stoppers have come up; with Charmix, Belivix and even their original series, nothing didn't seem to be as complicated it seemed. Everything with those storylines has been pretty straight through and easily understood; there weren't too many bumps in the road; however, then again, they didn't have a difficult requirement like Enchantix did.

--------------------

Another Morning
post Aug 17 2009, 3:20 AM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

I thought it was either like Marty said and there was a random family from Tecna's planet that was on Tides when it all happened, or that by closing the portal she saved more than just Tides. But, if that was the case, and you could get your Enchantix by association, then wouldn't all the girls have gotten it a lot earlier? I mean, every time they stopped Baltor and the Trix from doing succeeding at anything, they were saving the whole dimention including their home planets. So if that was the case for Tecna, wouldn't it have applied to the other girls, too?

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 6:02 PM