> Winx Club Season 8 Episode 3 Attack on the Core, Spoilers
mightymarty2
post Mar 8 2020, 8:33 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Hi

Please discuss the third episode of the new season. Warning spoilers process at your own risk

My thoughts on the episode

Spoiler!

No No No tring to set up Bloom and Sky tension is not what I want to see
Seriously though save a star and they seem to get zero credit at school, at least cancel the test for them
where does this fit timeline wise they are in school but have there reputation from previous seasons?
Aisha has the right idea dump your cloths in there and call it a day

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Go to the top of the page
Fortress Guy
post Apr 7 2020, 2:25 AM
Post #2

Harmonix Fairy

Group: Members

I agree with Marty, the forced tension between Bloom and Sky seemed shoehorned in and unnecessary. But At least it is a personal plot. Hey, at least the guys are in this season. But with that said, so many more fun options are open.

I think it is good to make them students again. Putting them under professors. The super-powered, unstoppable, universe saving Winx was in need of a bit of a humbling. So in that sense, having them get in trouble and having to bow the head to the school faculty is good. Especially if, as Marty pointed out, they carry with them the reputations of previous seasons. And since Baltor is back, they need their history.

I am a little tired of the young girls' fantasy of being a pop star intruding on the Winx format seemingly permanently now. Seasons 1-3 did not need it. At least the Fruity Music Bar of season 4 gave them a bit of an excuse.

I find Baltor being reduced to comedic scenes with Obscurum a little beneath his previously awesome scheming self. But it light of season 8 parameters, it is better than any villains outside of season 6's Selena.

PS - Layla must use magic to get the wrinkles out of her clothes.

--------------------

Fortress Guy's fortress of solitude.

Jem Huntik Korra season 1 Winx SE4 part II
mightymarty2
post Apr 7 2020, 5:11 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Its the problem with the season is there does not seem much consistency on this front both past seasons and how the Winx are treated in school. More apparent in later classes episode 20 springs to mind, for when you get there

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Zhanneel
post Apr 9 2020, 1:40 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Ahhh, yes, the school issue. The girls have saved the universe several times and have mastered countless types of magic and spells. So why the need for school exactly? (Because if the teachers are still more qualified than the Winx girls, then why don't the teachers save the universe? x_x) Or if anything, why don't they graduate to a higher learning college? Alfea is really for undergraduates. Clearly "the Winx" are in need of higher forms of learning, if the writers insist on pushing them as "school students". But that's just it, it's being forced simply for the sake of the kids watching, so they can relate to the girls going to school. Blah. And while I understand the need to keep them as students (for the target audience), can't they write realisitic situations for the girls, instead of just throwing them into the same classes with common fairy students who have never saved the world even once? Why not send them out as interns, somewhere, lol. At least give them harder classes! (I think I know what you mean Marty, episode 20 does ring a bell. It felt super unrealistic.)

@Fort: Humbling is good, ha.

I chalk this all up to more lazy writing. icon_smile.gif

And no. No no no no more Bloom and Sky tension. It's. Been. Done. To. Death. They've had waaaaay too many episodes dedicated to their ongoing nonsense. Just let it be. I'd rather watch Riven and Musa fight for an entire season than watch more Bloom and Sky misunderstandings.

Bloom: "Why isn't he texting me back? Am I not important?" *pout, sad face*
Sky: "Why isn't she texting me back? Am I not important?" *downtrodden, sad face*
Audience: ...*rewind to the scenes with Riven and Musa fighting* Ahh, much better.

B(V)altor and Obscurum. *head desk* Yes, the dynamic of their relationship is not realsitic, considering what kind of personality B(V)altor has. Obscurum is only here for kids' amusement. (I love how all 3 of us are 4Kids lovers at heart and use the old spellings still.)

The Cosmix song is surprisingly very catchy! I can only say how much I like it. :)

But the Rock Band Winx has been done to death, and I lose interest as soon as one of the girls mentions putting on a concert. Unless it's Musa or Stella, I don't want to see any of the Winx girls on stage ever again. I'm only suffering through the Rock Band scenes because the rest of Season 8 holds a lot more promise.

And now something soothing for your eyes:
SpiderBraids
post Apr 9 2020, 4:14 PM
Post #5

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ Apr 9 2020, 8:40 PM) *
(Because if the teachers are still more qualified than the Winx girls, then why don't the teachers save the universe? x_x)

I actually remember hearing Stella ask something like that, way back in S2 (looks up script at the Winx Fandom Wikia):
Spoiler!
Stella: Well, actually, it's just that if it's such a dangerous mission why not send the professors?
Winx: Hey!
Stella: What?
Faragonda: No, no, that's all right. Stella has raised a very good point. As professors, our job is to guide our students. And in case of an emergency, we have to be available to help everyone.

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Apr 13 2020, 3:20 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Awesome memory @SpiderBraids! cool.gif That does sound familiar, especially coming from feisty Stella.

Hmm, maybe I purposely forgot Faragonda's reasoning, because it's really weak rationalization. Faragonda's argument doesn't really fit the immensity of the situation that Stella is positing. If the universe really is in danger (and not just Alfea), isn't it better to send the strongest fighters to the forefront of the battle so they can say EVERYONE in the magical universe, and not Alfea and the students? wink.gif Of course, the writers had to address it at some point so that the Winx girls were not upstaged by the professors...but I can think of some better justification for the teachers staying behind.

This may just be my opinion, but here's how I think it should have gone:

Stella: Well, actually, it's just that if it's such a dangerous mission why not send the professors?

Faragonda: Girls, while we professors are very strong and experienced, we no longer have the bond [speaking about the Circle or Company of Light] like we once did years ago. That bond once gave us incredible power to take on great foes, no matter how difficult the mission. It is now up to you girls. You must reform the Company of Light through friendship by working together to build a strong, unbreakable bond. One that will give you limitless potential in your strength and abilities. I believe you are our future Winx.

...Heh, too dramatic? Well, however it could be said, I think Faragonda should have emphasized that the Winx as a unit and having a strong friendship are far stronger than the individualism of the professors, even if the Winx were not super experienced yet. At least the new Company of Light was addressed in the first movie. I only wish it was elaborated upon since that time. There's such great potential in exploring where the "Company of Light" story could go.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:22 PM