> Regal Academy, or Ever After High, Winx Club style
SpiderBraids
post Jun 24 2018, 3:56 PM
Post #41

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

Episode 13: A Day at Merlin Academy
Spoiler!
- Not!Gardenia, where Rose is packing her backpack for, well, see title. Clara hates Merlin Academy, while Rose is excited to learn about a new kind of magic, and besides it's just for one day. Dave enters to ask, and despite last season's finale, Clara comes up with the cover story that she's heading to "Merlin City, Ohio" LOL... "Your father can barely deal with Regal Academy, we are not giving him a witch school!" Nevertheless, he is suspicious of the pointy hat and the crystal balls that roll out of her backpack LOL, and he even finds his plastic broom in there (Clara: "Rose, no, you can't fly on a plastic broom like this" LOLx2) R: "Relax mom, surviving a day at a new school will be no problem smile.gif"
- Cut to Merlin Academy, where wizards and witches are chaotically casting spells at each other like a nonstop Hogwarts magical duel (lots of nice sight gags to be had), while Merlin casually reads his book and drinks his tea... We cut to outside, and there's definitely a bit of Hogwarts influence in the design, and there's even more dueling (Rose's pumpkin head manages to make a brief appearance)... as Team Rose shows up (plus pets and Pompoms) T: "Whoa, this place is crazy"
- The gang try to charge in, and the students decide to give them a respectable welcome the only way they know how: by blasting them with spells, one of which makes Astoria's hair go poof LOL (and thankfully not in the same way as Miss Magix icon_wink.gif) and another causes hands to spring out of the ground, grabbing Rose and the Pompoms (!) Astoria eventually uses her Tower Magic to create vines to pluck everyone out of harm's way... and toss them straight through Merlin's front door LOL.
- Merlin's granddaughter Merlina will be assisting him today, but anyway, Astoria has some bones to pick with Merlin about being "welcomed" by the students' attack and him drinking tea while this was going on... A bunch of students comes in and a purple-haired witch says they were just practicing, and Merlin suggests Rose could learn a lot from them... Rose brings out her crystal ball to see the future... and is startled by a cat appearing distorted through the ball and drops it on her foot LOL. Purple-haired witch: "Bet that she didn't foresee that" Merlin adds that while they're waiting for another team to show up, their pets can get to know each other... leading to some shenanigans between the students' cats and Team Rose's pets (and Pompoms)
- We learn that purple-hair witch is named Sandra, and Melvin ("The Parents' Day") is on her team (R: "Not forgetting him any time soon") Sandra is the granddaughter of the Evil Queen, which she says makes Hawk her cousin... H: "That makes us... nothing! Except enemies!" Astoria is flabbergasted that he's teaching the grandchildren of known villains. Merlin: "Sandra can hardly be blamed for what her grandmother did. The apple can fall far from the tree" Speaking of, Merlin tosses Hawk an apple and Hawk takes a bite before adding: "I'm so mad I can barely bring myself to eat this apple" T: "Well, at least Vicky and her team aren't here" But Team Vicky is here, HAH! As everyone heads to classes, we learn that Sandra already knows that Kira is the daughter of the Snow Queen, and more importantly, she and Melvin are going to help Team Vicky put the grandchildren of the 6 fairytale families out of commission and take over Fairy Tale Land themselves (OOH!) Looks like Merlin's little concept doesn't apply to Sandra
- Merlin decides to go over basics like Bug Magic... After an interlude in which a Pompom bowls another Pompom to keep a cat away from King, Joy volunteers for this, and proves very natural, making a smile.gif face out of bugs with her Frog Magic... M: "Are you sure you don't have a witch or wizard in your family tree?" A: "Joy is doing better than me in class. I must be dreaming!" LOL
- Sandra is up next, and she sees Travis laughing at her... so she uses her wand to throw an earthworm on to his hair, causing him to freak out LOL! Merlina tries her hand at making a spider into a giant spider... and ends up making it explode, sending her up into the air, and Rose saves her with a pumpkin kart HEH!
- Next up will be making and riding their own broomsticks... Astoria and Rose read a witch textbook, written in rhyme, to find the broomstick tree: "Walk away into the west, and find the tree that looks the best" They find the tree and Hawk tries to grab some branches... and winds up getting assaulted hard, because as with the Enchanted Forest, this is a living tree (yet Hawk and Lingling are amazed at this) Astoria reads more of the rhyme: "To get the broomstick at the end of your walk, ask the tree and have a talk" Joy offers to trade a jar of sparkle magic with some broomsticks, but the tree slaps it away: "I am magic already, thank you" (thankfully three Pompoms manage to catch it) T: "When the going gets tough, the beast gets going!" Travis tries charging at it and gets shot at with acorns LOL. Astoria asks the tree "Isn't there something we can give you for your branches?" and the tree bluntly makes it clear: "Nothing!"
- Sounds like Rose is giving up already, so she and LL are picnicking under the tree's shade, and even offer the tree some tea (reminding me of Eldora's first episode in Winx S6) Tree seems impressed that Rose would offer tea and hangout with it... though when Rose asks the tree: "How do you take your tea?" the response is "I don't because I'm a tree" (LOL) "But I'm still touched. No one ever comes 'round to have a talk with me"... And just like that, the tree gives Team Rose their sticks smile.gif
- Back to Merlin Ac, where Merlina is playing with earthworms (using her wand to make them crawl in a conga line formation LOL), and Sandra and Melvin are concerned about her ratting them out, so Sandra tells her to let her brother play with the worms... Outside, Team Rose is returning as Sandra intends to keep them occupied, and like Hawk, Sandra has a mirror self (though in her case it's more fitting) Mirror Sandra promises to wake up some huge sleeping friends...
- R: "No ambush this time!" LL: "There is always an ambush" In this case, from two dragon heads popping out of the ground (!) Rose has Joy pass her the sparkle magic jar from earlier, and a couple of Pompoms come in with a spoon... After a brief scene of Astoria fighting one of the heads with her hair and Travis easily being tossed aside, the Pompoms use the spoon to lob some sparkles at one head trying to attack Joy... and it petrifies the head and makes it explode. The other head is about to attack Travis when it gets dealt with similarly, but Travis being Travis, he still manages to end up under the petrified dragon's head (Look at LL laughing at Travis' misfortune LOL)
- Broomstick making class! Sandra hands out straw to the rest of Team Rose, before throwing a bale at Rose, knocking her over LOL. More importantly, Melvin switches out Merlin's box of earthworms with his box of worms, which is important because a magic earthworm is the other essential ingredient to complete the broom. Rose's broom talks and immediately recognizes her because it remembers that it was part of the tree. Ooookayyyy... Sandra mentions to Team Vicky that they've cursed every worm in class. V: "I did not sign up for this" LOL! Sandra puts the normal magic worms on her team's and Team Vicky's brooms...
- Joy is going "frog wild" over riding her newly-made broom smile.gif The final part of class involves flying up to the tallest tower to grab an amethyst. Melvin tells Merlin that grandma's has made a pot of witch's infusion, so he decides to leave with Merlina to take it ("It's even worse cold") Yeah, because leaving students unsupervised is such a great idea rolleyes.gif Anyways, Team Rose quickly finds out the jewel is being guarded by a giant spider, who fires spider goo at their brooms (to be fair, Melvin and Sandra also get hit at some point), and on top of that, Sandra flings poison apples at the team... There's plenty of wand usage from Team Rose as well; seems like they're going for a "quidditch" vibe here...
- This is when Melvin's worms come into play, as Team Rose's brooms start acting up: "Do you like wild rides, Rose?!" The brooms are out of control, and the tip of the handle is frayed to resemble a punkish hairstyle, even... A random student gets spider goo'd and ricochets around the school building with pinball noises (LOL!) As the chaos is going on, looks like Team Vicky is sitting out the actual broomriding as they lounge about and have some food LOL.
- Sandra uses a spell to trap Rose and Hawk, and Rose conjures up a pumpkin copter for some random student to fly into... Sandra keeps tossing apples at Hawk and taunting him to "Come and get em"... H: "You made apples into a weapon! You really are evil!" Travis tries to back Hawk up but gets tossed of his broom and gets saved by LL, and then Astoria hairgrabs two students off their brooms...
- Hawk flings his snow magic at Sandra, encasing her in an ice ball, but his broom starts flinging him around midquip causing him to knock the ice ball upwards, eventually shattering on the roof of the school. Merlina notices Rose's broom acting crazy... "Here we go... We're gonna be pancakes!" Rose's broom starts hurtling towards the ground (!!) R: "You don't wanna do this!" Broom: "Yes I do! I'm out of control crazy!" Rose mentions their little tea party... and that's enough to break the spell and stop her broom in her tracks (also, the "punk" frayed ends disappear as well) Ooookayyyy rolleyes.gif So anyways, the broom says "I owe you my life" and Rose responds: "That's what friends do...Speaking of, my friends need help. Come on!"
- The other brooms have also lost their frayed ends, as Hawk uses Snow Magic to slow down the spider, and Astoria goes in to hairgrab the amethyst from the tower... before just hovering there as the spider crawls back up to the tower into position to attack her (!) Thankfully, Merlina blasts the spider and adds that "My brother is totally going too far this time" Astoria has her go get grandpa...
- Rose pumpkin magics up a balloon, and rides in it along the others (bar Travis and LL, we'll get to them in a moment) Melvin still isn't done, as he summons a couple of bats holding a pin... who are quickly taken care of by Joy's Frog Ball, which also summons some dragonflies to pick up Travis and LL. Rose decides to give Melvin the coup de grace by having her broom slap him straight to the roof the school where he lands on top of Sandra. Sandra checks out her teammates' situation: they've been either hit by spider goo or otherwise de-broomed, and Merlin and Merlina show up... Merlina: "Melvin, your game isn't funny" Merlin: "I'm afraid you two are in quite a bit of trouble" Merlina suggests turning Melvin into a newt LOL
- After a bit of Team Rose celebrating, we head back to Merlin Ac, where he officially declares Team Rose winners... and they celebrate with their pets and Pompoms... Rose's celebration is somewhat out of line, much to Merlin's chagrin (look at Rose's reaction LOL) Back to Not!Gardenia, where Clara is pacing herself in the alley near the portal. Rose emerges with her broom, and when asked if Merlin Ac lived up to its bad reputation, answers "I think I made a clean sweep of it" HEH! Clara seems bemused at the talking broom, but hopes Rose has a good idea to keep it hidden from Dave... R: "Uhhh, sure" Broom: "I'll just tell him I'm a coat rack laugh.gif" LOL!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
SpiderBraids
post Aug 4 2018, 2:19 AM
Post #42

Bloomix Fairy

Ep 14: The Regal Parade

Spoiler!
- At RegAc, Team Rose (minus Rose) is brainstorming an idea for their float for the titular parade. Hawk has made a giant apple float (figures rolleyes.gif) and the Pompoms and Vidal run straight for the apple, which Hawk points out is fake (obviously) Cinderella comes in and tells them their float must teach something magical, and the one the audience likes best will get the best grade (insert Astoria worrying here) Rose comes in and shows off (well, guess) her giant shoe float... to the others' indifference (well, that was unexpected) A: "Rose, be serious for once" R: "Okay Astoria, show us what you got" Astoria reveals her library float: a pile of books and pillows that she calls the Knowledge Fountain LOL. Which is promptly scaled by a Pompom in mountain climber gear LOLx2... and its celebration knocks over some of the books and Astoria gets beaned and has to run around to catch them LOLx3. Astoria asks Travis: "You're an artist, any ideas?" His idea... use all of them, which looks about as bad it sounds. Lingling: "And what does this float teach?" T: "Modern art!" The apple and the shoe roll off the float and bean Travis LOL!
- Dragon arena, and Sir George is standing in front of a bunch of dragon eggs in nests for today's dragonology lesson. Everyone approaches the eggs minus Team Vicky, as George explains that the secret to egg hatching is to wait for the proper moment. George takes out his sword, recites the spell, and taps an egg and nothing happens (H: "That's the opposite of hatching" LOL) As George lets the students have a go with their wands, Kira tells her mom about the dragon eggs. SQ goes on her waffle about using the power of baby dragons to deal with the fairy tale families and adds "Plus they're so cute!" LOL. Kira already has a plan but SQ intends to have them take the eggs to the forest and hatch them and a friend of hers will claim the babies... Kira responds "Why can't we follow my plan for once? And stop playing the drama queen" SQ: "Pishposh, what's the Snow Queen without drama?" (cackles for a long time LOL)
- Rose hatches an egg, producing a pink baby dragon (not unlike her grandma's own dragon) T: "I wish I was the best at dragon hatching... or dragon anything" Next up is feeding because according to George, "A dragon's first meal is of the utmost importance" Rose tries to get Travis to feed him, and he says "Well, dragons do respect strength" He ends up getting blown in the face LOL, and Hawk takes the feed bowl... Travis tries to take it back and ends up spilling the food on the ground and conking Rose with the bowl LOL. Baby dragon eats the food off the ground as George comments: "She will react to anyone but Rose... poorly"
- Baby dragon lets out a magic breath, and after explaining that her magic breath hasn't stabilized yet, George has her try to collect it with her wand. Rose is successful at this and this means that their magic power is in sync.. J: "And is the sweetest thing ever" R: "I'll call you... Toffee" (all I can think of is this guy icon_confused.gif) George has her release the magic, and it turns into a pumpkin with dragon wings, which flies around a bit before conking George (as if he wasn't already senile enough icon_wink.gif)
- Fireworks and a duck marching band mark the start of the Regal Parade (yay!) Snow White and Cinderella are presenting the floats, starting with Leena and Gerald's aquarium float. Two spectators expect this to mean beautiful mermaids, and get a closer look... only to find that Finn is playing the mermaid LOL!
- Other entrants include: Alicia and the remaining half of Chad and Brad, plus Odette, Violet Ogre and Pinocchia... but anyways, here comes Team Rose with their dragon float, which Hawk calls a million apple idea. H: "Everything's perfect... except why is Sir George here?" R: "It was the only way he'd lend us the dragon eggs" And apparently it reminds him of fighting an evil marching band LOL. Time for Team Vicky to get their plan under way by hijacking Violet et al's garden-themed float...
- Team Vicky starts by pelting Team Rose's float with snowballs (they think SQ is attacking; don't they already know Kira has snowball powers herself?) before hooking a rope to the float and having Cyrus pedal away... turns out the pedals are also apparently attached to a flower-shaped fan, making this get really windy for Team Rose (sight gag of the pets being blown away while Bao is meditating LOL)
- On top of that, their float hits a rock, sending the dragon eggs flying, and everyone scrambles (huh, pun icon_wink.gif) to catch them (with Travis also having to handle LL as well) George: "You're getting it all wrong! Never fight villains with your hands full" Indeed, Vicky looks to seize this opportunity... and gets beaned with an apple? Turns out the Pompoms are tossing a pile of apples at Team Vicky LOL, but anyways, Vicky has Cyrus tow them to the forest before cutting them loose...
- Team Rose put the eggs back in their nests, but sneaky Vicky casts the egg hatching spell to hatch them into dragon babies, and Team Rose and the Pompoms have to chase them down. T: "Come on, they never stop" R: "They're just babies being babies Travis, how bad can it get?" Well, looks like SQ's old pal is on the scene, an old bearded dragon, and observing this, Kira condescendingly adds "Like she has friends" before presumably leaving with the rest of Team Vicky. Bearded dragon is also George's arch nemesis... and George is quick to bring on their epic rematch (his words), which turns out can hardly be called epic since he's just striking his sword against its leg LOL until it picks him up. Team Rose tries their magic, but "That makes me laugh" According to Astoria, old dragons are immune to nearly all magic, except maybe other dragon magic... as old dragon takes the newly hatched dragons: "There aren't enough evil dragons in the world anymore. I'll raise you to be nice and bad" Dragon takes the babies and George, and sets fire to the ground around Team Rose to stop them from following. R: "I should say something funny, but I'm pretty bummed" The best Joy can come up with: "Cute baby animals in danger makes me so mad!" (LOL, and sounding more like a Fluttershy line there)
- However, the Pompoms find Toffee still at the float and LL explains "She is bonded to you of course" One pumpkin transition later, they're riding their dragons in pursuit, wearing their dragon riding outfits, eventually finding a large fort of some sort on a mountain. Hawk decides to enter through a top window, and Rose has Travis follow Hawk while the rest distract the old dragon...
- George is locked up in a cage... and trying to recount to the old dragon the details of their last battle, like whether it involved a cheese wheel or a marching band (OD: "Well, just a tuba section maybe" LOL.) Astoria and Joy spell it out: "Sir George's dragon is an old coot..." "Just like Sir George" This gives Rose an idea... and next thing you know, the Team Rose girls show up in cleaners' outfits: "The Evil Lair Cleaning Service" LOL! (And you have to wonder how most of them can stuff all that long hair underneath their caps) Meanwhile, the boys are spying on the babies...
- Old dragon decides to have them dust off his collection of spiked flails, but then he spots Toffee (in a maid outfit LOL) and quickly figures out they're the heroes from before, so time for Team Rose to ditch the outfits and take out the wands (yay!) After being blown by a major gust of wind from the old dragon, Joy and Astoria end up landing on top of Hawk, while LL tries tossing Rose towards the old dragon and Rose gets caught easily (!)
- Travis suggests syncing with the dragon babies and Joy agrees that Rose's magic was "frogtastic" after that. Travis plays with some sort of stone dragon mask, then tosses it upwards and gets beaned by it LOL. This ends up prompting the orange dragon to sync with him, allowing him to fling Dragon Fury Magic at the old dragon, and Toffee gets blown out of its grasp before enhancing Rose's wand again...
- Travis finally knocks over the dragon and Rose magics up a biplane with her enhanced magic to fly away with Toffee (note the dragon tail on the plane icon_wink.gif) as the rest of Team Rose has bonded with their baby dragons, allowing them to use their magic to fight against the geezer (Hawk's Dragon Snow Magic takes on the form of an ice dragon not unlike the ones from the masquerade a few eps back) before Joy finishes him off by turning him into, well, guess icon_smile.gif J: "I always wanted to do that"
- Parade! And song, which given the references to dragon fire could probably be mistaken for a rejected Winx song icon_wink.gif Among the spectators to the parade: Humpty Dumpty, Puss in Boots and Scheherazade... After we see Vicky kick away the dragon-turned-frog, Cinderella finally announces Team Rose as winner... Snow White: "Baby dragons: what a magical spectacular idea" Cinderella also adds that Team Rose saved the day, but Rose points out that Travis actually saved the day... R: "Travis, you were actually the best at a dragon something!" T: "Of course!... Uh, best at what?" Travis being Travis, he gets beaned by a stone dragon head LOL!

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Aug 24 2018, 4:38 PM
Post #43

Bloomix Fairy

Episode 15: A Mermaid's Tale
Spoiler!
- We open with Rose swimming around the ocean as a mermaid... which turns out to be just a dream she was having, but then she wakes up in bed with a mermaid's tail ohmy.gif Her initial shock gives way to "That is so cool" and Gigi is like rolleyes.gif as Rose bounces on her bed... then she realizes that no legs means no shoes: "That's no dream at all! It's a nightmare!" Clara enters and decides that they need to get to RegAc without letting Dave see her tail... Luckily, there's Clara's Ballgown Magic to cover it up...
- After a hilarious interlude of Rose having to hop on her tail before eventually tripping out of the house (Dave: "I need stronger coffee" LOL) we get a nice long establishing swooping shot of RegAc, before heading inside for a really boring Cinderella lecture, if all that yawning is any indication. H: "A whole day of lectures..." J/T: "How boring" A: "How lovely" (Figures...) H: "I wish at least something interesting would happen" Enter the Pompoms with Mermaid!Rose (whose clothes have still changed into the usual RegAc uniform above the tail) Pompoms toss Rose right on to Hawk's lap, which is hilarious and awkward LOL. Vicky: "Things are getting interesting"
- The teachers' magic doesn't work on it, so Snow White asks Rose whether she was exposed to anything strange yesterday, leading to a few imagined bits of Rose doing things, animated like S2's paper cutout closing credits (one of those bits involves an exploding cake a la Winx 6x21) Since Rose insists she hasn't been exposed to anything, Cinderella says they'll need a Mermaid Magic expert... which makes Rose excited about meeting the Little Mermaid, and Cinderella assigns the class to look for her and ask her to restore Rose's legs... V: "Helping Rose? This is one assignment I'm going to enjoy failing"
- There's a brief scene at the portal of the three pigs trying to feed Hawk's dragon (with apples, natch icon_wink.gif) and being chased around (incidentally Hawk's dragon has a thing for hand mirrors as well...) While Cyrus is watching this, Vicky and Kira chat with the Snow Queen about dealing with Mermaid!Rose,... SQ points out that Rose will be out of her element in the ocean and Vicky says she's a dear friend of the Sea Witch, which really offends Kira, who suggests sending in one of her pet sea monsters just in case... and then they get buried under a pile of apples LOL.
- Beach, where Rose is getting some swimming lessons from the Pompoms (and is no longer wearing her uniform), and Lingling uses a sandcastle to explain the plan, which involves having Rose swim to the Coral Castle to find the Little Mermaid on her lonesome. But Rose wants them to come along: "This is my magical day, my one day as a mermaid. I want to spend it with all of you!" Astoria insists that they can't swim and LL insists they have to come, but that leaves the issue of how... Enter Travis in Regal Armor: "Got it covered Joy! Our Regal Armor is perfect in every situation!" Astoria hairgrabs him midjump (much to the Pompoms' disappointment): "Perfect in every situation... except swimming. It's too heavy, it would just hinder us" T: "Okay, fine"
- Abrupt jump cut to the rest of Team Rose in more appropriate outfits for swimming, while Rose conjures up a pumpkin submarine and has fob off the Pompoms from driving LOL (though they do still tag along) Underwater, while Rose is swimming, the others are awed by the scenery, and Travis is especially awed by a fish that leaves rainbow trails: "What a work of art... I wish I could get a closer look" J: "Well, why can't you?" Joy conjures up an underwater scuba helmet for Travis ("Just a little Frog Magic trick I know") then everyone else, leading into yet another song number which is thankfully brief, and ends with Travis (who else?) getting pinched by a lobster LOL.
- LL spots a mermaid trapped in thorny bushes, and no prizes for guessing what mermaid this is in particular. While Team Rose is busy rescuing the Little Mermaid, Kira uses her magic on the pumpkin sub engine... Travis eventually stomps the ground to free her, and Hawk tries asking her who did this... but it turns out she's lost her voice (R: "Just like in the story!" Yeah, and you probably wouldn't how things pan out for her...) LL points out she can't use her magic without her voice (a la Musa in 6x22) and Hawk adds: "She's a princess in trouble. We have to help" (though given the Little Mermaid's reaction, she doesn't seem enthusiastic about the help) Rose realizes this must be the work of the Sea Witch, and they decide to head to the Coral Castle, with Rose bringing LM along...
- Coral Castle, where the Sea Witch has captured many of the other students, and is in cahoots with Vicky and Cyrus, who make themselves scarce before Team Rose arrives... Astoria wonders why they haven't seen any other teams, and as the pumpkin sub arrives at the palace, they see the captured students, so they decide to go rescue them (with Hawk's usual "princesses in danger" excuse) and Rose lets the Pompoms drive... It's obviously a trap, as the Sea Witch fires beams from her oyster shells at the team, and it's pretty chaotic going... Hawk briefly puts the oysters' attack on ice (literally, he conjures up a block of ice to to block their shots)
- While LL and Rose go after the Sea Witch and Astoria and Joy are on rescue duty, Kira fakes being captured by vines to tricks Hawk into getting vined himself, because in his words: "I save all princesses in danger, because I'm a professional" Pretty weak way to get captured icon_confused.gif Joy turns into a frog and bites the vines trapping the other students (with Astoria personally escorting Odette in a nice bit of continuity)
- LL flings her fan magic at the sea witch and slams her against her throne; however she, Rose and Travis are all within unavoidable range of her oysters... but they're saved by the Pompoms ramming her with the sub LOL. R: "Go Pompoms! I didn't realize they were good drivers" Meanwhile, Vicky manages to sneak a hit on LL: "My plan is so good... I mean, evil"
- Rose pumpkin-torpedoes the oysters, but then Travis' attempt to retaliate against the attack on LL only results in his tornado running into the pumpkin sub (sounds like one of Pompoms retches as a result of all that spinning LOL) It ends up ramming the Sea Witch into a wall... releasing her voice back to LM... R: "Go us! icon_biggrin.gif"
- LM tells Team Rose that there's also a colossal sea monster (basically, a kraken like the one in Winx 3x06) Vicky and Cyrus "quickly" run away, and after a pumpkin torpedo strike doesn't faze it, it's chasing Team Rose... Astoria hairgrabs on to the sub, Travis is carrying a half-conscious LL, and Frog!Joy is in danger of being sucked by the kraken, so Rose grabs and hurls Frog!Joy right at Travis' kisser (literally) turning her back to normal...
- Kira's spell from earlier makes the sub's engine conk out, leading to more chaotic scrambling to avoid becoming kraken chow (especially with Rose having to carry Travis, LL and Joy) Eventually, the sub gets swatted out of the water, and everyone swims over to where the sub is... While the gang take stock of things, kraken shows up again (!) and LM uses her mermaid magic to restore Rose's legs (and Rose is now back in her RegAc uniform again)
- Hawk managed to temporarily ice one of the kraken's tentacles, but Rose says they need help, so Hawk takes out his hand mirror: "Leave it to me... I am Hawk Snowwhite" Jumpcut back to the RegAc portal, where Hawk's dragon has gorged herself on apples, and is lying on top of the pigs LOL. The hand mirror rings and vibrates cellphone style LOL, and the pig who picks it up hands it over to the dragon LOL. Dragon isn't willing to pick it up, but the pig tells her that Hawk and his friends are in trouble, and so she perks up and flies off... The pigs decide to celebrate being free with an apple snack... and the dragon just casually takes the apple away LOL.
- Dragon shows up and Hawk jumps right on it, and flies in to directly strike kraken in the center, but again it breaks the ice and ends up swatting both of them into the ocean, and Astoria has to bail him out with Tower Magic. LM has a rather long explanation that she can use her Mermaid Magic to make a magical current to drag the kraken to the bottom of the ocean. Joy tries distracting it with Frog Magic, but kraken is still moving too much for LM, and she gets swatted away as well, and kraken also scores another direct hit on the sub (Astoria says next one will sink them [!])
- Rose has an idea, and one imagines she's grateful that she has legs again, because she uses her glass slippers to run rings around the kraken, which makes it perfect for LM to try her spell again. I think I'm supposed to get the impression that Rose's running is assisting the current spel, and from the suddenness of the kraken's exit, it's hard to tell whether it's supposed to have been dragged down or blown up icon_confused.gif After a long pause to be sure kraken's done, team Rose (plus LM) celebrate, and Hawk's dragon pops out of the water: "Did I miss something?" H: "Well, you're just in time to give us a ride back to school" LOL
- Back at RegAc, Cinderella mentions the rescue of LM... Astoria: "Does that mean... extra credit?" Cinderella nods in agreement, and Hawk even throws in a mention of the rescue of princesses (and Finn, after the whale seems mildly offended at being left out) Kira indifferently says "Uh, I am saved... Yay." As a reward for her bravery, LM gives Rose a shell trumpet... One guess where it's going icon_wink.gif but first she decides to blow on it hard as LM explains that if Rose blows on it and she hears it she will come to Rose's aid ... LM: "Uh, you know what, forget it" As Rose thanks her, LM add: "It's a cool trumpet. It's yours because you're my friend" And we end on Rose cheering... Huh, so the show ends up not giving a care about how Rose got that mermaid tail in the first place rolleyes.gif

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Sep 23 2018, 12:34 PM
Post #44

Bloomix Fairy

Episode 16: The Sleepover
Spoiler!
- We spend the first minute or so of the episode on Gigi trying to wake Rose up (we see that Rose's alarm clock is pumpkin-themed HEH!) Gigi eventually uses a hand mirror to reflect the sunlight into Rose's face, and Rose is alarmed to see the time and packs Gigi and mirror into her bag... Pumpkin transition from Rose frantically running around her room asking "What am I gonna wear?" (Doesn't matter, it'll change to the RegAc uniform anyway icon_wink.gif) to a wide shot of RegAc, before showing Rose sprinting across the bridge thing (in her uniform, told ya so smile.gif) with Gigi hanging on to her hair and replete with racecar sound FX, knocking over the Pompoms on her way in...
- Cinderella announces that today, there will be two guest students. They're homeschooled but are interested in enrolling at RegAc. Travis thinks they'll be awkward and stuff, but the first of them, Ambrosia, is simply gorgeous, and all the boys (Hawk and Travis included) have an instant crush... Astoria: "Boys rolleyes.gif" (Hawk even holds up his mirror counterpart to see her) The second is her handsome twin brother Adonis... The girls have their own instant crushes, and rather predictably... Sean: "Girls rolleyes.gif" LOL!
Rose arrives and sees the seemingly stupified students, and accuses Ambrosia and Adonis of melting her friends' brains LOL. Cinderella: "Rose, stop it! They're not villains!" They turn out to be the grandchildren of Sleeping Beauty (insert Rose's usual "Best fairy tale ever" reaction here)... and the Pompoms attack them anyway, prompting Cinderella to put up a repelling field... After a quick gag with Mirror Hawk, Cinderella tells Team Rose to escort the Beauty twins through a full day at RegAc, and Rose is so giddy she hugs Ambrosia... and Rose adds an obviously important throwaway comment: "Your hair smells good" (we see Ambrosia wink as Rose says this)
- Pumpkin transition again to the dragon arena, where Rose shows off their mission dragons, and this is where Rose learns that the twins are homeschooled, since they don't get dragons to ride. Rose offers them an aerial tour of RegAc (in their normal uniforms) Ambrosia is riding with Rose: "I'll bet you go on rides like this with your boyfriend all the time" Rose: "...I don't have a boyfriend" (Seriously? rolleyes.gif) Ambrosia: "Hawk's not your boyfriend?" Rose seems unsure of herself as she insists they're just really close friends... Adonis is riding with Joy: "Wow... we're on a dragon?" Joy: "Uh, yeah. You just noticed that?" Adonis goes back to staring at his hand mirror LOL.
- Cafeteria! While Ambrosia asks where they should sit, a girl sees Adonis and Hawk and shoves her neighbors out of their chairs LOL. Hawk just shrugs, and Rose has the pets and the Pompons cover for them by having the Pompoms jump on the girl's dress (uh...) Outside, Ambrosia refers to the Pompoms as bizarre orange creatures, but to Rose they're her pumpkin cuties smile.gif Mirror Hawk decides to hijack Adonis' mirror... in exchange for talking to Ambrosia, and Adonis is quick to oblige him LOL. Cinderella comes in to announce dance class, so that's where we head next...
- Finn butts in on Gerald to dance with Ambrosia and swings her around so hard, it makes her dizzy, and something on her dress goes off like fireworks, making Finn fall asleep, and Gerald picks Ambrosia off the ground to dance with her... Hawk and Rose have an obvious pretend act going on for dancing with each other, and while it has its charm, Ambrosia sees right through it and cuts in to dance with Hawk, which to add insult to injury, frees Rose up to dance with Gerald... Hawk dancing with Ambrosia does not please Rose one bit, and she soon tosses Gerald aside right into Finn, knocking over a bunch of students like bowling pins LOL! Meanwhile, Adonis is too busy mirror-gazing to do any dancing (HEH!)
- The twins have had a great visit, so their grandma's arranged to have the students come to a party at their castle... right now LOL. Kira has an idea and wants to do it on their own, but Vicky insists on having her call the Snow Queen because "She'll be helping us achieve our common goal" OOH! So in the courtyard, Kira calls SQ and SQ derisively calls RegAc "Goodygoober Academy"... prompting Cyrus to ask "There's a Goodygoober Academy?" LOL. Anyways, seems like she's intrigued by the thought of a party at Sleeping Beauty's castle...
- Speaking of, that's where we're headed, and it seems like the students have been made to wait a couple hours. Team Rose comes in with trays of snacks, ready to run the party... and Sleeping Beauty and the twins finally show up in their PJs, because "Our parties are always sleepovers" Suddenly Finn gets struck by a blast of Sleep Magic, causing him to fall on top of Gerald LOL. It's the Evil Fairy from Sleeping Beauty... and SB's guest, which of course is explained as making amends for not being invited to the party held to celebrate her birth... SB's determined not to let the same befall her grandchildren, so now she invites her everywhere: "She's kind of part of the family... sadly"
- Evil Fairy has the kids split up into teams for a treasure hunt, while she goes to hide the treasure... which is the cue for Team Vicky to leave...Cyrus wonders why villains don't have sleepovers. V: "They do... They just don't invite you, Cyrus" C: "Wha??" Outside, here comes SQ riding Blizzard to meet up with Evil Fairy... and it turns out the treasure hunt is a ruse to trap everyone with Sleep Magic, which stuffs the windows and doors with pillows and mattresses LOL (SQ: "Mattresses... the ultimate barrier") And of course, since this is a sleepover, she'll put them all to sleep (her words, pretty much)
- Back inside, Astoria asks for Ambrosia's help: "You've got to help us win this. We need a good grade" Ambrosia: "Uh... Our treasure hunts aren't graded" Astoria: "Whaaat?!" LOL! Team Rose hears some thuds, and Travis thinks it might be a wereslug (and Joy licks her lips at the possibility of slugs LOL) The team ends up discovering they're trapped (R: "Trapped by mattresses?") before Team Vicky runs around and hits the twins and Joy with sleep potion (!) Team Vicky makes a quick retreat and we find out they're in cahoots with the Evil Fairy, Cyrus made the wereslug noises... and they're scary because they're terrible kissers (Evil Fairy: "Don't ask me how I know") Time for them to split up and make everyone go night night... (her words)
- The chandelier in the middle of the main foyer reminds me a bit of Solaria's Hall of the Universe in Winx 3x02... Astoria reveals that SB's magic can deal with Sleep Magic, so Hawk and Rose ask Astoria to stay behind while everyone else splits up to look for other victims (and SB) We spend the next minute on the others hauling in a bunch of victims to the foyer... and Travis gets picked off by Cyrus' bottle of potion while trying to drag Finn with Lingling (!)... and Cyrus decides to dispose of the rest of his bottle instead of taking his chances with LL LOL.
- Good news and bad news: Rose finds SB flanked by a dog guard, but as she's telling her about her twins being put to sleep, SB and the guard get hit smack in the back with Evil Fairy's Sleep Magic... Hawk uses his Mirror Shield to deflect the fairy's blasts, while Rose uses her glass slippers to rush SB to the foyer, but after Rose lies SB down, Hawk and Evil Fairy enter... Astoria tries using Tower Magic vines as a barricade, but the fairy simply zaps them (so between her and Flora, vines aren't such a useful power) LL fans her up against a wall (of mattresses, natch icon_wink.gif) and Rose takes her wand, before Hawk ices her up... This removes the mattress barriers, but Evil Fairy says: "Soon, you'll be joining me in one of these" SQ is here, and the disappearance of the mattresses has alerted her and Blizzard, so time for LL and Astoria to take on SQ while Hawk and Rose try to wake everyone... H: "Why you?" A: "You're kidding right?" Astoria has those bangles, of hers, that's why... "FIRE Bangles... SNOW Queen" H: "Hmm, good point"
- LL and Astoria take to the skies (with proper outfits this time) and LL brings out her Moonbow, which doesn't make much of an impact, since none of her shots at SQ and Blizzard are connecting (SQ even manages to get rid of the moonbeam barrage without issue)... and SQ also seems annoyed at Astoria's presence as well... Back to the foyer... H: "How are we supposed to wake them up from sleep magic?" R: "Duh, like in the fairy tale! A kiss!" Looks like Rose is doing it all wrong LOL, especially since her kiss goes on his cheek... H: "I figured it couldn't be that easy" Rose figures that it's true love's kiss... "and I don't love Adonis" Rose suggests Hawk try kissing Ambrosia, and gets the same "turn-over" LOL
- Brief interlude of Astoria trying to duck away from Blizzard's attacks, before returning to the foyer for Rose to ask why Hawk's kiss didn't work... and it's the same reason for Rose: He doesn't love Ambrosia (which seems ironic given that it's a popular brand of apple, at least where I live) But his mirror counterpart does (look at Mirror Hawk all giddy at realizing he's about to kiss her LOL), and so holding up his hand mirror to Ambrosia's face does the deed... and for Adonis, Rose swipes down MH before giving his face the mirror, because as Rose explains: "Adonis' true love is... himself" rolleyes.gif The twins then proceed to use True Love Magic to wake the others, and SB sees the Evil Fairy in the ice cube and promises to never invite her for anything ever again... to which she responds "Whatever" LOL. Back outside with Blizzard and SQ chasing LL and Astoria. A: "Does she seem... tougher to you now?" LL: "Yeah, but we normally have more help" The rest of Team Rose finally shows up, but the only one they need is the masked Travis conjuring up a storm (SQ: "You're going up my nose!") to make SQ retreat...
- Back inside now... Ambrosia apologizes for thinking Rose and Hawk were just friends, and Rose continues to insist that that's the case. Doesn't seem like Ambrosia's buying it, HEH. "Okay... well, now you're my friend... (Briefly looks at Hawk) But, I'm still a little jealous of you" Hawk comes in after Ambrosia leaves: "What's she jealous of?" Rose fumbles around for a bit before answering "My incredible ring" H: "Why is your face red?" R: "I... ate a whole bag of chili peppers" H: "Oh... Wait what?" LOL!! SB has heard of Rose's collection and brings her a sweet sleep teddy bear (there's a pumpkin on the overalls even) Rose calls it her one true love and kisses it... and promptly falls asleep LOL. SB explains that kissing it gives 8 hours of sweet dreams (so basically, Piff icon_wink.gif) "but if you need to wake her up, just have the bear kiss her" Gigi does this, waking Rose up with a jolt... SB: "Goodness, I might need to adjust the magic on that laugh.gif"

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Oct 8 2018, 3:35 PM
Post #45

Bloomix Fairy

Episode 17: Test of the Tower
Spoiler!
- We open at Rapunzel's castle, where Astoria wants to take the RegAc Advanced Placement exam, but granny tells her than no one has passed that exam since her mom... who happens to be there and tells her that it's "ancient history... I don't like to talk about it" Rapunzel says Astoria should focus on finding a prince, but Astoria says that'll just distract her from her goal of becoming headmistress, and bluntly adds "I'll never get married!" Granny has a bit of an "Oh, really?" expression going...
- Over to RegAc, where Rose and Travis are very late (and her Pompom army are causing a dust storm with their stampede, LOL) Hawk and Astoria join them... A: "If we're ever late for class again, I won't forgive any of you ever!" Gang runs past Sean, and the Pompoms soon jump him LOL. Travis runs into a wall, and Astoria hair drags him to avoid wasting time... After plowing through another gaggle of students, they finally arrive at class... only for the gang to find out from the dog guards at the classroom that Astoria is no longer enrolled ohmy.gif
- At Rapunzel's castle, Granny tells Astoria, "To become a real princess, you don't need magic or dragon riding" (Oh yeah? Try telling that to the fine folks at Ever After High...) "You will move to Rapunzel Tower, and wait for your prince!" Astoria is really teed off about this obviously, but she agrees to do it on one condition... that Granny will let her take the Advanced Placement exam next week: "If I pass, I'm off the tower and back to school. ... And you'll quit stressing me with this whole prince thing" At this point, Team Rose and Granny are all riding dragons (with Travis' and Hawk's dragons each carrying a stack of her books LOL) Granny gives a non-comittal sounding "Okay"
- Upon their arrival at the tower, we get an infodump on the tower. Long story short, it has magical defenses against princes (including a button for magicking stairs away), and the family dragon defends the tower and enforces the rules (which include no dragon riding) "If any prince sets foot on the top of the tower and rings the bell, he'll be Astoria's husband to be!" And on that note Granny hairslaps Hawk off his dragon LOL, though Astoria bounces him back up with her hair LOLx2
- While Team Vicky are riding their dragon and coming up with a scheme to deal with Astoria (which looks to involve a book), Team Rose are busy trying to find what helped Astoria's mom pass her exam. After an interlude of King accidentally running himself off the tower into the sea LOL, Rose thinks Astoria's mother was just really smart, to which Astoria replies: "Smarter than me?? No. This place is hiding a secret, and Vidal is going to find it"
- After a montage of the pets looking around the tower, we head to the Dragon Arena, where there's plenty of buzz about the whole Astoria in the tower thing... and check out Sean rocking some vivid blue armor icon_smile.gif The Pompoms randomly cake three of the students in the face, while Sean speculates she'd rather spend her time at the tower studying, but Rose (after stopping another cake-carrying Pompom with her boot) says "I'm sure she'll realize you're a true prince soon enough Sean" Prince Leaf ("Princely Competition") enters for a repeat appearance, saying he fell in love with Astoria during his recent visit to RegAc (much to Sean's chagrin) Granny Rapunzel tells Leaf "Youll have to give it your all if you want to reach the tower and ring the bell" Leaf: "I accept your challenge, future grandmother in law" Sean: "I don't like him. A true prince wouldn't marry someone he barely knows"
Vicky gives Leaf a copy of the Rapunzel rulebook (that suspiciously is a thing, hint-hint), and points out the whole flying prohibition only applies to flying on dragons... but also has him carry the book to show the family guardian dragon just in case... Vicky sings her little "I'm so evil, I'm so awesome" ditty, and the rest of her team join in icon_smile.gif
- Back at the tower, Astoria is (what else?) studying... Rose thinks she should let the rest of the team do something, but Astoria points out that mom and Granny are always busy with work, so she's used to studying on her own. Gigi and Bao play in a fountain, while a Pompom casually pushes King off the tower again LOL. Vidal finds a red button and pushes it to turn it into a magic blue book (you know that it's magic since it's floating HEH) Vidal opens the first page and a picture of a bag of dog biscuits appears LOL. Vidal gives the book to Astoria and a face magically appears on its cover. It explains that it has taught her mother and her grandmother and so on... but Astoria is sceptical since there's just blank pages. The book face reappears on her current page and explains: "Ask the right questions, and you'll receive all the answers you'll need" Sure enough, Astoria asks about family dragons, and a page of info appears next to the face. She asks about potion ingredients and the info page gets replaced (even though we see the page flip first) Book: "With my help, you'll learn better and faster" A: "Pinch me, I'm dreaming!" This leads into a (rather heavily accented) song number about learning with help from the book... and from her friends (That said, the plot then deals mainly with the prince issue from here on out)
- Pumpkin transition later, Joy spots some princes arriving at their island (the remaining surfer dude and Sean are among them), and Astoria has Rose do the honors... Two of the random princes pause while running across a bridge to say "Well, this will be a piece of cake"... and then the bridge disappears from under them LOL. We see Rose is really spamming the button hard... Surfer dude manages to get across another bridge... and gets pelted by a boulder LOLx2. Briefly cut back to Rose reading a paper and Joy asks "Who's on the button?" After some more running, a bunch of geysers appear and hit the princes, and we see that the Pompoms are spamming the button, causing the two randos to get bounced by a bridge before getting the diaappearing bridge trick again... and surfer dude gets clobbered by a boulder again ("A little help again?") LOL!
- Time for Team Vicky to show up with Leaf... and they're using Cyrus to distract the guardian dragon (Cyrus reads his "threat" off paper LOL) While Leaf is looking to make his move, surfer dude decides to use a log on a rock, with a boulder to catapult himself... and then Sean turns the log around so that surfer dude gets clobbered yet again, much to the two randos' amusement LOL ("I miss Brad")
- Sean spots Leaf, and decides to slingshot himself with a little Mask Magic (the backside of the sling is shaped like a Mardi Gras mask, so it fits) all the way to the top of the tower... where (surprise) Astoria is studying and asking her book what's the deal with princes marrying princesses in towers. Book: "Many reasons, but once in a great while, it's simply out of love" Astoria doesn't want to marry a prince just for winning a contest, but rather out of love (sound familiar?) Sean overhears this and is dismayed, but then Leaf shows up and Astoria tries to call him out for flying... Leaf holds up the rulebook pointing out now he only needs to ring the bell, so he heads to the bell, but Sean tells him to stop right there... Sean: "Before you barge in on a lady, you should consider her feelings first" (Good advice I'd love to see certain other blue-clad guys follow) Astoria seems impressed by his comment, as he covers Leaf with an eyemask LOL. Leaf manages to get the mask off, but then he faces the wrath of Rapunzel's guardian dragon... As Leaf is pointing out the loophole in the rulebook, it explodes the dragon out of the sky, which turns out to be the whole point of Team Vicky's little exercise (!) "Exploding book, works every time"
- Kira uses Crystal Magic to signal Blizzard (on his lonesome today without the Snow Queen) who's licking a popsicle at the time LOL. Astoria calls out Leaf for attacking Rapunzel's dragon, and Leaf is protesting his innocence when Blizzard comes in to freeze Leaf, before taking Astoria... Rainbow decides to do another King Kong riff by having Rose make three pumpkin biplanes for the Pompoms to fly (and in their pilot outfits, they REALLY look like the Minions) Rose jumps on one of the planes, and we see how tiny they are in relation to her (skateboard sized)... A: "Rose, what are you doing?" R: "Isn't this the coolest?... I mean, don't worry Astoria, I'll save you!"
- Blizzard takes out the planes one by one, while Rose tries a pumpkin missile and misses (also realizing she can't get a good shot without hitting Astoria) Eventually Rose falls off her plane, but Rose gets a fanning from Lingling before making a balloon to chase Blizzard (yes, she's chasing him with a balloon LOL) then ramming Astoria out of his clutches... Astoria hairslings herself to safety, before using her Tower Magic to catch Rose jumping out of her punctured balloon A: "Do I have to do all the rescuing around here?" LOL
- But Blizzard isn't done yet: He starts breathing ice all across the tower, as Travis and Hawk swoop in... and Travis' mask storm deals with Blizzard for the 2nd time in as many episodes (and 3rd overall; come up with other uses for it writers rolleyes.gif) We also get a brief shot of the pets hanging on for dear life during the storm LOL... and speaking of hanging on for dear life, so is Astoria (and not for long!) Lucky for her, Sean swoops in on his mostly-white dragon to catch her and bring her back to the top of the tower... where Rapunzel's dragon, now back in comission, immediately disqualifies Sean for rescuing her on dragon back, so no victory ding-a-ling for him (or anyone)
- RegAc, and Sean spots Astoria walking with her friends in the quad and talks to her about the incident at the tower. Astoria tells Sean "You were a real prince" which stuns Sean a bit... Their brief romantic moment ends with Sean hearing Rapunzel and immediately running off to hide behind a column... Rapunzel also has things to say to Astoria about the cancellation of the challenge... A: "Well, no prince made it to the top, but one made a lot of progress" Sean is pleased to (over)hear this smile.gif Granny: "You're going to ace the exam, aren't you?" A: "Was there ever any doubt?" (flashes a V at Granny)

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Oct 21 2018, 12:52 PM
Post #46

Bloomix Fairy

Episode 18: The Shapeshifting Witch

Spoiler!
- RegAc quad... Stop me if you've heard this one: Rose comes across Joy not being excited at a class she expects Joy to be excited about. In this case it's shapeshifting magic, and we see her repeatedly turning King to and from a "regular" frog. "Shapeshifting magic is all I can do, and I can only turn people into frogs" Joy talks up how her classmates already have frogtastic magic: "Tornadoes... Snow... Wind... Pumpkins..." (Awesome music gives way to comical horns) R: "Well... pumpkins are pretty cool" LOL! R: "You are so much more than just the girl who turns people into frogs" Random classmate: "Good morning Rose. Good morning, uh, girl who turns people into frogs" LOL! R: "You also collect slug snarfer slime" Joy is not amused...
- ...as we head indoors to Joy sad-eating a bowl of spiders LOL, and Rose is concerned about Joy. Snow White: "I'm sure you're all excited to learn about shapeshifting from a true expert like Merlin" This gets Astoria excited... until it turns out he is too busy, and instead the class will be taught by his assistant... an amulet-wearing owl named Sibil (!) Astoria does not appreciate the perceived downgrade: "Really, an owl for a teacher??" Sibil: "Professor of magic, dear, and Merlin's familiar" Sibil turns Astoria briefly into a monkey (pretty sure it's the same model of monkey that greeted Vicky at the end of 2x06)
- Sibil asks for volunteers for testing shapeshifting magic, and the Pompoms volunteer for the task (with obligatory bewilderment from Sibil) The students are to change them into piglets... Lingling's Pompom gets turned into, well, a cross between a Pompom and a piglet, while Hawk decides to use all his magic and ends up with a proper piglet in an icecube (H: "Uh... oops, too much magic")... while Vicky's Pompom keeps running away from her LOL! Sibil says that shapeshifting magic requires focus... R: "What happens if I get distracted?" Rose inadvertently casts her magic on her Pompom as she is asking this, and it turns into an elephant that promptly falls down on top of her... Sibil: "That" LOL Chaos is going on the classroom, with both proper piglets and Pompom piglets running around the class... A: "Uh, we should probably do something" Cinderella comes in to ask for Team Rose because they have an emergency...
- And that emergency is that Prof LeFrog has turned into, well, one guess icon_wink.gif A: "For your family, this is relatively normal actually" HEH! After returning from his journey he can't change back to normal, so... J: "Okay, time to do what I do best" This time, it doesn't work, and Cinderella asks if Joy knows her family's story (Team Vicky is overhearing this...) Joy explains the story of how her family was cursed by a sorcerer named Circe and turned back into normal with their magic wand, illustrated with closing credits-style paper cutouts. Cinderella explains that Calypso, Circe's niece, has empowered the curse, and she's an expert at turning people into pets and vice-versa. Rose decides to have the Pompoms and pets sit this one out...
- So anyways, Team Rose has to travel to some island to destroy Calypso's magic item (in their case, on dragon-back in Regal Armor) Over on the island, Team Vicky is chatting with the Snow Queen near a temple, and not surprisingly, Calypso is part of SQ's scheme. Kira seems indifferent to her mom's plan, but SQ says of Calypso: "I'm sure she'll make a great ally"
- Team Vicky spots Team Rose's dragons (and Hawk spots someone on the grounds below) Cyrus wants to hurry to encounter them, but Kira says: "Relax, Calypso has to be around here somewhere" Good news is she's right... but instead of coming out and teaming up with Team Vicky as expected by SQ, Calypso casts her magic from a bush and turns them into fishes (not unlike in 2x07) before sticking them in a bowl: "Sorry guys, but I'm the one who'll destroy the six great fairy tale families (cackles)" We pumpkin transition from Fish!Team Vicky's disbelief over to Team Rose surveying the temple grounds, while Rose sees Joy despondently doing the only thing she can do: "Collecting slug snarfer slime" (in a big flask to boot LOL) R: "I know you're sad for your grandpa, bjt we'll fix it all!" This doesn't make Joy feel any better but Rose adds "I don't know how, but together we'll make it!" This makes Joy smile for once, and Rose hugs her HEH. Astoria spots the fishes, and she tries to be playful with them... only to get a roar from the Vicky fish LOL. A: "Boy they look angry..."
- Calypso calls them from the temple and tells them to follow her voice... and so they do. J: "I have a frog gut feeling" (Would that be the same feeling that made you ignore Esq's warning about Von Frog in 2x07?) They encounter many cages of animals (elephants, monkeys, piglets, frogs etc.)... no prizes for guessing what they are. Calypso shows up (accompanied with a bit of a jazzy music cue) and decides to sic some birds on Team Rose. Travis tries to attack them, but Joy tackles him: "You can't hurt them! They're innocent people turned into animals" (So... like Tritannus and his family, or the enchanted forest creatures in 2x08, then)
- Hawk decides they'll have to defend themselves, such as with an igloo from his Snow Magic. Calypso sends in piglets to smash the igloo (with comical bounce sounds LOL) Hawk decides they need to keep the animals busy, while Astoria and Joy decide to take on Calypso. Things get pretty chaotic with Astoria trying to brush aside (get it? brush? laugh.gif) the birds attacking her and her hair, and monkeys riding piglets. LL fans away the pigs from under the monkeys... Travis dodges bats by jumping around... only to be felled by getting rammed in the hind by a piglet LOL. Astoria flings her Fire Bangles at Calypso, who jumps out of the way to another cage, where she gets tackled by Joy's Frog Fu and loses possession of her wand... Not that it matters anyway, since Calypso morphs back into her real form of a cat (!) This is actually her familiar, and she says that the real Calypso is "Off completing her evil plan of course! Challenging a shapeshifting witch is no use!" Astoria hairflings aside the cat, and tries to destroy the wand with the bangles, to no avail...
- Rose points out they're going to need a shapeshifting expert to help, and Joy has an idea of who... as we cut to Merlin Ac, where Merlin is busy looking through books trying to find a way to stop Calypso. (You'd think that having been "cheated" out of him earlier, Astoria would gawk at the notion of actually meeting him) Joy gives Merlin the wand and he reveals that Calypso studied here at Merlin Ac, and was an excellent student (H: "The evil ones always are") She was obsessed with power and got herself expelled (how Trix-like) Merlin gets rid of the wand but explains Calypso has a more powerful magic item that contains all of her shapeshifting magic power, which Rose promises to find. Merlin: "Bring it to me and I'll destroy it... or the LeFrog curse will never be broken!" How ominous...
- J: "Would help if we had any clue where Calypso is" Outside Merlin Ac, Team Rose spots Merlin's grandchildren carrying a box of stuff and Travis is disgusted... Astoria would rather they passed by unnoticed, but Rose gawks at them and asks them about Calypso. Melvin thinks she's a knockout (a real beauty), but Merlina is disgusted that he fell for a shapeshifting witch. Anyways, they also explain that they were supposed to teach shapeshifting at RegAc, and Astoria points out that Merlin sent his familiar the owl... and Melvin explains that Merlin doesn't have an owl familiar (replete with many reasons why LOL) Doesn't take a genius to realize what that means (also, how Avalon-ish)
- Back to RegAc, where Team Rose confronts SibilCalypso (and her jazz music cue LOL), and again finds themselves dealing with a bunch of innocents (their fellow students in this case) having been turned into a menagerie of caged animals, providing a "human" shield for her (they would never dare attack their own friends, and she knows this) Team Rose spends much time scrambling to avoid getting hit by her magic, and Joy notices that she is using her amulet to cast her spells, as she manages to pick off Travis and Astoria (turning them into a bird and a monkey respectively) Rose hides behind a column... Thankfully, Merlin's grandkids have come here as well, and offer to put up a magic barrier, which is akin to the Griselda bubble from Winx S2...
Calypso notices Melvin behind the barrier and says "Didn't you have a crush on me?" Calypso offers to make Melvin her right hand man... and Melvin instantly accepts and puts down the barrier (!) R: "Seriously Melvin, just like that?" On top of that, he even blasts away his little sister... LL: "You are the worst brother ever!"
- Melvin uses a Binding Magic spell he learned from Grandpa Merlin to bind up Team Rose (Bird!Travis and Monkey!Astoria included) and tries to kiss Calypso, who dodges out of the way LOL before turning Hawk and LL into piglets, leaving just Rose and Joy... As this is happening, Gigi and Doc are freeing the menagerie Calypso has collected... Calypso also intends to turn Rose and Joy into pigs: "They were Granny Circe's favorite pet" (pretty sure there's an ep of the original Ducktales involving a sorceror named Circe turning characters into pigs, too) Gigi sics the freed piglets on Calypso (as if to say, "Let's see how you like pigs now") and all sort of animals on Melvin (!)
- This thankful distraction gives time for Joy to get out a secret weapon... that isn't her wand: "Slug snarfer slime... It's extra slippery" She uses it to free herself, then Rose from their binds, as the animals continue attacking Calypso and Melvin, with the pets also ganging up on Melvin LOL! Rose brings out her glass slippers before kicking Melvin in the face (!)
- Over to Joy and Calypso now... J: "I'm here to save my family" C: "Ah, what a brave little girl" Calypso decides to sic the animals on Joy, so Joy brings out her other secret weapon... rather, her other other one: The Frog Ball and its insects, with spiders weaving a shield to block the animals, followed by a few more spit bugs covering Calypso's mouth ("This part of being a hero is pretty fun smile.gif") allowing Rose to run in and punt Calypso's amulet out of her possession (yay!)
- After a compliment from Joy on their teamwork, back to the main classroom at RegAc, where Merlin zaps the amulet and restores everyone... including their classmates, and more importantly Grandpa LeFrog, and Joy jumps straight into his lap LOL... to which Grandpa has an "Alfred in Batman and Robin" response: "Shouldn't you be in class?" Merlin gives Rose the zapped amulet for her collection... As for Melvin and Calypso's punishment, Beast is suggesting the usual banishment on Earth when Joy does "what she does best" on them smile.gif Merlina plans to put them in her dollhouse and play with them everyday... She manages to make that sound menacing, and seems like Froglypso would actually prefer the banishment LOL
- As for Team Vicky... SQ decides to head to the temple island to check on Kira, expecting her and Calypso to get along famously (her words) and is shocked to see Team Vicky with their heads stuck in a giant fishbowl... Kira: "Don't ask, mother" LOL!

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Nov 4 2018, 12:33 PM
Post #47

Bloomix Fairy

Episode 19: Ruby Returns (and there's a clear disdain in Rose's voice reading the title LOL)

Spoiler!
- Not!Gardenia, where Ruby (last seen briefly at the end of "Princely Competition") is spying on Rose going through the RegAc portal. Ruby is determined to get back to RegAc: "I'm not made for the Earth. I want my revenge... and Hawk!" LOL! A portal suddenly opens besides the usual RegAc portal wall and sucks Ruby in... to the Snow Queen's palace, where SQ wants to reunite Ruby with an old friend of hers (ooh!)
- RegAc dancing class... Cinderella: "Great job students! Any better and you might pass dancing class with an A!" (Beauty is also in the class, but she doesn't have any lines) Rose and Hawk are great, Travis keeps stepping on Lingling's feet, Gigi is dancing with Vidal, Doc is dancing with King, and of course there are Pompoms (one of which gets spun like a top by its partner LOL) Nut hands Travis a flower, which he gives to LL... T: "There's more where that came from" Nut is bringing another flower when he gets bumped by a Pompom carrying a smelly sock on a stick, with the expected result: "These smell as sweet as you" "Are you saying I smell like a dirty sock?" LOL!
- As Travis glares at the Pompom as it runs away, Alicia notices that her partner Sean seems distracted. Turns out Sean would rather dance with Astoria, but Alicia points out that students have to dance with members of their own team, so Astoria's partner is Joy... as she belches out a butterfly, leading to the obvious "butterflies in my stomach" pun HEH! Hawk is talking about how much he enjoys dancing witb Rose in class, when he ends up giving Rose a bit excessive of a twirl, knocking over a group of Pompoms, sending one flying up to the chandelier LOL (R: "Oh my pumpkins") Cinderella announces the next class will be the Dance of Reflection, a dance amongst magical floating gems that reflect light and colors (insert a "That is so cool!" from Rose here) So Cinderella gives the students a new assignment, to gather the brightest and purest Dawn Gems to make the dance really sparkle: "Whichever team can gather the most Dawn Gems will get the best grade" And Hawk knows where to find some: There's a gem mine near his granny's castle... and Team Vicky overhears this (uh-oh)
- Team Vicky's room, where Vicky is telling SQ about their great new lead on destroying Team Rose, but Kira asks what's the point in telling her because "she never makes her big move" SQ: "That's not true Kira" K: "That's SO true" Well, this time SQ has a new second-in-command coming their way, and SQ claims she's "so much more... motivated, than the three of you" K: "Ugh, I AM motivated" Ruby: "I'm more than you" Ruby comes in, now with Doc Ock-like ice appendages from the back... She's not here to ask for Vicky's help against Team Rose, "not with my new powers and the Snow Queen's allies at my command" Instead, she just wants helpers for her wedding to you-know-who... and Team Vicky has a bit of a "Seriously?" look on their faces...
- Pumpkin transition to Team Rose arriving at the dragon arena, soon followed with those long-winded transformations (just got me a new phone that allows me to just swipe past that bit more easily LOL) A: "Time to get that A!" Gang lands near the mine, with Pompoms and their pets in tow. Hawk provides plenty of exposition about gems, and his use of the word "common crystal gems" reminds me of Steven Universe LOL. H: "Would you like to come back together... after school?" R: "Uh, yes... I'm sure the others would love it" H: "Actually... I meant... you and I" Rose and Hawk see their reflection in a heart shaped gem near the mine entrance... and then Astoria hairshoves Hawk out of the way LOL
- Time to look for some gems... A Pompom nudges Vidal down the staircase with a magnifying glass LOL... Hawk reveals that Dawn Gems naturally glow and reflect light, so it's never dark in the mine...and turns out that they're not even the first team to use the mine, because Hawk bumps up against Alicia, and we soon see that her teammates Chad (surfer-dude) and Sean are also here. Chad gets ambushed by Pompoms, while Sean briefly stops to talk to Astoria before Alicia gets Sean to leave along with Chad...
- Travis being Travis, he holds a ginormous gem above his head, and brags he could carry twice the gems that Alicia's team carried... Hawk and Travis decide to hold a contest to see who can carry more gems (Travis being Travis, the ginormous gem ends up accidentally hitting his foot when he tosses it down LOL) While the boys are busy with their little contest, the girls talk about their respective boys: LL thinks Travis keeps acting strange (J: "Or some kind of Beast bad luck happens") Rose also thinks Hawk has been acting strange around her lately, while Astoria adds "At least you get to talk... Sean and I can barely say hi" (From being on different teams, or just plain shy? Hmmm...) Joy, the only girl without one, says: "Boys... We don't need them; no matter what happens, we'll always have each other" Team Rose, plus pets and Pompoms, leave the mine...
- Here comes Ruby... and she's got a gaggle of little miners (with hammers that double as wands) to attack the boys, but Ruby asks them to leave Hawk to her: "If you smash him, I can't marry him" Outside the mine, the boys' crystal gems have been piled up as Astoria yells into the mine that they have more than enough... The boys are bringing out one last haul, and Travis says (not for the first time, even just in this episode) "Today is going to be my lucky day" And then the little miners start using Stone Magic to conjure up boulders to chase the boys a la Indiana Jones (H: "You just had to go and open your mouth Travis")
- After escaping the first two boulders, Travis uses Fury Magic to blow away another set of boulders... The little miners decide to really show the boys what they can do, and at this point we begin to get an inkling of who these miners are supposed to be as two of them are named Stocky and Gloopy...
- More boulders coming their way... H: "You think what I'm thinking?" T: "I dunno. Are you thinking we're doomed?" LOL! What Hawk has in mind is doing a slalom, and he ices up the cave floor, and just casually skates around the boulders, while Travis ends up punching through one boulder and being knocked down by another LOL... Hawk follows the skating up with rolling boulder hopscotch, and Travis manages to catch up despite his setback
- Miner Stocky notes the boys aren't taking their magic seriously, so fellow miner Brushy conjures up some giant stone gnomes to surround them (shades of Winx 7x14?) but here comes Astoria's ivy hair to pull them out... T: "That was scary" H: "I carried out one more gem than you. I won!" As Hawk puts down his gem on his pile, Rose asks: "Hawk, is this really the time to think about your contest?" Astoria's more interested in what happened downstairs... and here come the miners: "We're here for our revenge!" Hawk introduces them: Other than the already named Stocky, Gloopy, and Brushy, there's also Stinky, Fibby, Twirly, and Puppy... the last of whom looks cute but then starts chasing Team Rose with a rotten fish LOL. Rose figures out, like we already have, that they're the seven dwarves, but Gloopy clarifies they're actually their granddaughters...
- They're furious that the Snow White family forgot about them after she became famous, but Hawk claims: "That's not even close to true" Hawk wants to find another solution, but Joy adds: "Be careful, she's got a week-old haddock. Stand back, let me handle this" Joy and Puppy have a gross out contest, beginning with Joy eating a butterfly frog-style, then followed by Puppy eating her fish, whole and raw to boot (with a great reaction from Travis LOL)
- Joy counters with a ginormous bug burger, which startles Puppy (seriously, the patty alone looks to be twice as wide as Joy's height ohmy.gif) and Joy finishes it quickly (uh...) Puppy retches and retreats behind Stocky. R: "Winner: Joy LeFrog" J: "And that was just my lunch" Hawk tells the dwarves to give up and split, but Stocky says "Never" and has them spread out for an ambush. LL literally says "They're preparing to ambush us"... well, you'd think surprise was the main element of an ambush icon_confused.gif
- Anyways, the dwarves use their magic to have the stone gnomes come out of the mine... Hawk ices one up, while LL fans over a boulder to Travis, who manages to take out three in one throw... Travis being Travis though, he gets beaned by a piece of gnome debris LOL! Astoria manages to take down two gnomes with vines, and Hawk takes care of the last one. Hawk brags "We can take anything you throw at us" and Stocky threatens that they have one more trick up their sleeve... You'd think that the threat would then be followed through, but Rose has had enough and takes out a flashlight (nice touch with the animators making it look lightsaber-like smile.gif) and then shining it at the various crystal gems, reflecting the light right back at the dwarves and blinding them or something, causing them to fall back into the mine, before Travis rolls a boulder to seal the entrance
- Now comes the most important part of the ep, as Ruby makes her entrance... Team Rose scatters and Hawk jumps to dodge one of her ice appendages and ends up losing his wand, and Ruby snatches Hawk before ice cubing most of his body using another ice appendage (leaving just his head) Hawk: "I'm not going anywhere with you!" Ruby: "Oh honey, is that any way to talk to your future wife?" Hawk: ohmy.gif Team Rose attacks but gets iced in quick succession, as their pets run off
- Ruby brags above SQ's powerful gift to her... H: "You won't win Ruby" Ruby: "You're right honey, I won't win... because I already did!" The pets find the mission dragons and somehow relay their friends' situation to them, so they fly off and encounter Ruby as she's asking Hawk if he'd like to have their honeymoon in the Snow Kingdom LOL. One guess what dragons are known for and how they're using it here icon_wink.gif
- After defrosting, Rose gets going with her glass slippers, kicking Ruby back, and smashing Hawk's ice cube before sparring with Ruby some more... but while this is going on, the dwarves break out of the mine and converge on Hawk (!) LL takes aim with her Moonbow at the dwarves (or rather the sky above them) and the resulting barrage quickly disarms them of their hammer wands, while Joy uses her Frog Ball's spitbugs to affix the dwarves' feet in place (a la Aisha fighting the prisoners on Omega, 3x16)
- Ruby heads over to Hawk and takes him again as Blizzard makes his entrance... Blizzard blasts the mission dragons away before grabbing Ruby, while the dwarves free themselves from their spitbug bonds (using their hammers even though LL pointedly disarmed them earlier icon_confused.gif) and jump on Blizzard's tail... As Blizzard flies off, Ruby explains that once she marries Hawk, she'll inherit his family's magic... Ruby: "The Snow White family is finished!... and I'm gonna marry Hawk!" Rose is crying in utter disbelief: "Did my fairy tale finally fail me?" A: "Cheer up Rose, everybody has a bad hair day" Then Rose spots Hawk's wand (in a completely different place from where we saw it land icon_confused.gif) R: "No way this is over! Our fairy tale has just begun! We're not giving up! Who wants to be a fairy tale hero?" A: "We're ready!" R: "Then let's go and save Hawk!"

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Nov 14 2018, 1:18 AM
Post #48

Bloomix Fairy

Episode 20: Wedding Time
Spoiler!
- We open in some sort of fairy tale city, where Hawk is waking up... and he's had all but his head and arms encased in an ice cube, as Ruby explains again the deal with marrying Hawk... "You have no choice Hawk. I'll be a Snow White and I'll ruin your family forever" Over to Not!Gardenia, where Rose explains to her mom that she needs to be in Fairy Tale land rescuing Hawk (whose wand she's brought back home with her), but mom says: "Your Granny wants you here to keep you safe" and adds they have to wait until the teachers come up with a plan to rescue him... and of course Dave comes in asking about the rescue... Clara: "Dave, a true fairy tale princess doesn't wait for her prince to be saved... but saves him" This just confuses Dave even more LOL.
- The doorbell rings and Clara has Dave go get it... and Snow White is at the front door (!) Dave: "What, is this like a second Halloween or something?" (and ironically, I started typing this up the day after Halloween LOL) Snow White demands to see Rose and Dave asks rather flippantly: "Aren't the seven dwarves with you?" SW: "No, they're all at home obviously. Now where's Rose?" Dave: "Listen lady, I've got one thing to say..." Clara whispers stuff to Dave and he changes his tune somewhat: "Welcome to our house Snow White. You want a slice of apple pie?" (SW is not amused) "Never mind" LOL!
- SW enters Rose's room and Rose is giddy since she's never had a teacher in her room before. Rose offers to show SW her collection, but SW wants Rose's help, because "The other teachers haven't come up with a plan for rescuing my grandson yet... We're wasting time" R: "I'm totally in... but why does Ruby want to marry Hawk so bad?" (Uh, she already kinda told you her motive last ep, hello?)
- Back to Hawk and Ruby, and Ruby explains what we already know (TLDR: so she can inherit his family's powers), adding (of the Snow White family) "This way, it will be easier for the Snow Queen to destroy it" Meanwhile, the dwarves are helping to prep her wedding, and Ruby makes a point to tells two of the dwarves Stocky and Gloopy not to drop the wedding cake... The wicked stepsisters show up, making their S2 debut, and Ruby runs excitedly to them... and one of her appendages knocks the cake off the tray LOL. We learn that the Snow Queen broke them out of banishment to celebrate her big day, and Ruby decides to introduce them to Hawk...
- ...but first, there's the matter of Ruby's cake splattering against the ground (rather than her head LOL) Ruby: "What did you to do my cake? Fix it right now!" Stocky and Gloopy glare at her as if to say, "Uh, excuse me???" The stepsisters meet Hawk and amidst Hawk's protests, they think of marrying him as a good call, and even give Ruby her wedding rings... to which Hawk sticks his tongue out in disgust LOL. Blonde stepsister slaps Hawk: "What a nice hubby"
- Cyrus is sleeping on a chair, while Vicky and Kira are putting up chairs. K: "I cannot believe that Ruby put us on chair duty" V: "And I can't believe he gets to sleep while we do all the work!" Vicky kicks over Cyrus' chair to get him out of his seat, but it ends up knocking over a whole row of seats LOL
Ruby rushes in demanding them to fix it... Vicky tries to blame Cyrus, but Ruby adds:"I didn't ask whose fault it was. Fix it! My wedding has to be perfect!" (shades of Amentia waaaay back in Winx S2 perhaps?) While putting the chairs back up... K: "This is so not fun. She's worse than my mom" V: "Ruby is bad news. We have to get rid of her"
- RegAc, where the rest of Team Rose (and a couple random extra students) is in the lecture hall trying to come up with a plan to rescue Hawk when Rose comes in... and this surprises the teachers quite a bit... R: "Yep, now let's go save Hawk" Lingling: "I love challenges" Beauty points out no one knows where Hawk is, but SW reveals that Hawk is in the 1001 Nights kingdom and only six heroes can go... A: "How do you know all this?" Turns out RegAc has received six invites, and she has no idea who sent them... "Maybe we have a secret ally who decided to help us save my grandson" Cinderella explains that due to security, they'll have to go undercover, so SW decides to lead them, even wearing a cloak and everything: "I'm still an expert in undercover missions"
- Team Rose plus SW (and pets and Pompoms) take off from the dragon arena and have to fly low, as in, directly through the forest, to avoid detection. After landing in a clearing (nice pose from LL after the dismount), they then have to go on foot, so Travis passes some cloaks to put on. During the walk... R: "I hope Hawk doesn't hope think I've abandoned him" T: "He would never think that. We're his best friends" A: "We always support each other" R: "We'll never let Ruby marry Hawk!" SW: "All very touching, but shut up now"
- Team Rose arrives at the 1001 Nights kingdom... and immediately see Blizzard sleeping on a bridge. LL tells everyone to tiptoe, before glaring at Rose along with everyone else HEH! R: "Why does everyone think I'll be the clumsy one who wakes the dragon? It could just as easily be Travis" T: "...Eh, you're probably right" Regal Armor boots don't exactly lend well to tiptoeing, but the humans pass Blizzard without incident, and the pets follow without incident as well... However, the Pompoms make their usual noises running past Blizzard, with a raspberry thrown in for good measure, waking him up, so SW throws up a Mirror Magic "mirror" that hides them from Blizzard's plain view (a la X-Men First Class) Blizzard goes back to sleep... J: "Now all we have to do sneak into the wedding, defeat our enemies, and rescue Hawk"
- Speaking of, Hawk sees that the wedding is being attended by a who's who of fairy tale villain-kind, and he notices Puppy helping the Sea Witch to her seat... The BG music here is much more "breezy" than RegAc's usual underscore... stock library music perhaps? H: "This is much worse than a nightmare" Blonde stepsister: "Calm down dearie, it'a only natural to get nervous on your wedding day" The stepsisters are here mainly to show off the rings again...
- Team Rose arrives at the wedding, and Stocky doesn't recognize Team Rose in their cloaks LOL, even when their arms are poking out to hand her the invites... You'd also think that they're from the groom's side might tip her off slightly... Stocky: "I have just one thing to say to that... Have fun at the wedding!"
- Other than the Sea Witch we also see Sandra from Merlin Ac 2x13, the Big Bad Wolf 1x11, the Shortbread Witch, the Evil Queen, the Snow Queen herself, the puppet guy and Candlewick the donkey guy from 2x06. Ruby walks past the seated guests (including Team Rose)... J: "This is the first bride I've seen with six arms" LOL Ruby: "Hello hubby! Aren't I everything you hoped for?" H: "No, you're everything I've ever hated" Ruby seems almost smug to get that answer LOL
- The stepsisters introduce the wedding of most evil proportions (their words), and when it comes time for anyone to object, naturally Ruby tries to keep Hawk from objecting, but Rose has got plenty to say, as she decloaks, with the rest soon following... Ruby sees Team Rose and orders the dwarves to deal with them... J: "I think everyone misses Hawk saying, 'Attack!'" LOL, and even Rose is laughing... LL takes out Stinky by bouncing her back with Fan Magic, while Astoria uses vines to grab Twirly and send her in to a spin LOL. Blonde stepsister has Ruby take one of the rings (this will be important)... Puppy throws a fish at Travis, which he simply catches and flings right back into her head LOLx2
SW has Rose use Mirror Magic she's taught her by luring the dwarves towards her, and sending them into a mirror portal that dumps them in the sea... Stinky: "I've never been clean before. What'll happen to me?" LOL
Back to the wedding, and Ruby puts on one of the rings from the stepsisters, with the other already on Hawk's hand... Just like with Morgana in Winx S4, it has very bad consequences, in this case allowing Ruby to steal the right to Hawk's magic, plus his wand, which flies straight to Ruby (in ball form) Ruby tries to freeze LL but Travis tackles her out of the way...
- The blonde stepsister gloats to Joy: "There's nothing you can do now girly" J: "You need to quit your croaking. Frog Magic" Blonde gets frogged and hops away, and while Joy's trying to remove the ring from Hawk's hand, the brunette stepsister is busy chasing the frog when Astoria vines her up... Back to Ruby, who's making a ginormous ice ball not unlike what she's encased Hawk in to toss at them, but LL says "Even a breeze can become a whirlwind"... and slams the ball right back at Ruby, instantly knocking her out (well, temporarily anyway) We finally find out who wrote the invites, as Cyrus congratulates Vicky on her plan, and Vicky adds "Just writing the invitations for Rose's team made me feel icky"
- Despite being tied up, brunette uses Cauldron Magic to multiply the big cauldron next to Hawk into bunch of tiny cauldrons to conk Travis LOL before Astoria finally brings her down... Ruby is back up, and Astoria brings out her fire bangles and flings them at Ruby, but she makes an ice curb to turn them back at her and LL, knocking them over too (ouch!) With Travis, Astoria and LL out of commission, and Joy busy with Hawk's ring, that leaves... Rose and her glass slippers getting into a rather physical fight with Ruby, and as an aside, this wedding crash is much more interesting and physical than the Winx crashing Cassandra's wedding... Gigi points out Joy still busy with Hawk's ring, and Rose tries jumping over Ruby to run over to Hawk, but Ruby's appendages grab her at the legs: "Looks like your fairy tale won't be coming true honey" And then she gets splattered with cake by the Pompoms LOL! "Get off my cake you horrible little creatures! This is my big daaaaay!" And bam, right in her mouth LOLx2!
- The now-free Rose delivers a nice kick to her back to get rid of the ice appendages... Ruby: "My armor!" Rose: "That won't be the only thing I'm taking from you today" But Ruby still has Hawk's wand, and as Rose is sprinting towards Hawk, Ruby knocks her over with a blast of Snow Magic (!) and gloats she still has Hawk's wand, adding "Bye-bye Rose!" Hawk is horrified as we get flashbacks to the dance class and looking at the heart stone in the last ep... and Hawk somehow manages to burst out of the ice cube... Ruby is shocked, but Hawk soon collapses, apparently weakened by his extended time in the ice... Ruby: "You need to rest hubby"
- Hawk looks at his hand mirror (which Ruby randomly discarded next to him during the wedding) to get some support from Mirror Hawk, and we see that MH is also Regal Armor-clad: "Hawk, you can't give up now, you have to fight and help Rose" Hawk tries to get the ring off his hand, and Ruby sees this and dismisses it as impossible... Rose is somehow back up again: "Nothing's impossible in my fairy tale" Rose delivers a kick straight to Ruby's hand or something to shatter her ring, allowing Hawk to free his ring, sending a shockwave that sends Ruby flying back... SW puts up a mirror to stop her flight, and for good measure, MH appears in the mirror and restrains Ruby... The wand returns to Hawk and he creates an igloo with his Snow Magic, and MH releases Ruby to be caught by the igloo (with her feet sticking out the front entrance LOL) H: "Thank you so apple dear, but no wedding for today" (Methinks this flowed better in Italian perhaps?) Team Vicky is celebrating... V: "For once, I'm happy for them"
- Back to RegAc, where Snow White is banishing Ruby and her grandmas in a pumpkin jalopy... Ruby: "You're a tough one Snow White" SW: "I know, especially when someone tries to marry my grandson and doesn't even invite me to the wedding" LOL H: "Wow, this has been an intense day" You got that right, Hawk icon_wink.gif "I can't imagine what inspired you to fight like that" There's quite some ship-teasing right here... R: "Well, Hawk, I guess it was..." Come on now, Rose... R: "It was nothing. Nothing special at all" Ruby sees Hawk and Rose hugging and storms off in a huff... H: "Is that so?" R: "I guess I'm just a super motivated kind of girl" rolleyes.gif Considering they're supposed to be RegAc's Bloom/Sky, I'm not so sure on having them be more like Florelia... The pumpkin jalopy heads off and SW announces that the ballroom is ready and the Dance of Reflection, teased since last ep, will begin in 5 minutes...
- The Dance of Reflection starts off with more of a casual feel than one might expect, with music that would fit more at a classic sock hop... The music then gives way to more elegant music as the Dawn Gems change from a normal glow to rainbow hues, leading into a nice Hawk/Rose duet (there's a nice shot of the Pompoms enjoying the song as well HEH) Towards the end, their pets nudge them towards each other (though in Gigi's it's more of a kick HEHx2) It's pretty cute, and ends with a nice romantic moment... which doesn't linger too long before Cinderella breaks it up by popping in and saying: "Good work everyone" LOL

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Nov 20 2018, 4:23 PM
Post #49

Bloomix Fairy

Episode 21: The Midnight Effect
Spoiler!
- RegAc... Astoria is normally tense before class, but "something about today just feels right" Joy had a double bug burger for breakfast, and the writers recycle the "butterflies in my stomach" gag from just two eps ago LOL. Lingling: "It is really such a quiet peaceful morning" R: "GUYYYYYYS!!" LOL! Rose is here with big news: "My mom and Granny Cinderella have been acting mysterious lately. But this morning they told me a surprise is on the way!" T: "A surprise? What is it?" Rose actually explains what it is: "We're getting A GUEST TEACHER!!! who has a special lesson! But please, don't tell anyone" A: "Sure it's still a surprise?" Sure enough, we're shown various students (and birds) gossiping about the guest teacher LOL.
- Over to the lecture hall... R: "Sorry, I couldn't help myself" LOL. Cinderella reveals that today's very special guest teacher is The Fairy Godmother (who has more than a passing semblance to another certain Rainbow-created fairy godmother) and Rose's reaction has her eyes and mouth set to maximum LOL! I half-expected Rose to say "Oh my fairy godmother" rather than "pumpkins", until I remembered that's from that other fairy tale children franchise
- R: "I have so many questions. What was Granny Cinderella like before she was a princess? Are you anyone else's godmother? What did you think of the stepsisters? Can I have a souvenir?" She delivers these questions at Moschita speed LOL. FG reveals she has heard a lot about Rose both Granny and Clara... and of course Rose has to say "Best fairy tale ever!" According to Granny and Clara, FG "creates the most magical shoes in Fairy Tale Land", and created the glass slippers smile.gif and also taught Clara Ballgown Magic... Clara reveals they're heading to Cinderella Castle's shoe museum, and this makes Rose faint in excitement, and Hawk swoops in (ooh, pun) to catch her... Over to the shoe museum, where FG prides herself in her favorite shoes, including Dorothy's "red shoes" (rather than ruby slippers) and Puss In Boots' boots. She notices an unfamiliar pair of shoes in the collection... and it turns out to be Rose standing on one of the displays LOL
- R: "I just thought, since you're here, maybe you can make me some amazing new shoes?" FG: "Not today, but, you can make your own, because we're doing Shoe Magic" Rose is giddy at this, and rejoins her class as FG has them ready their wands... and the release of Shoe Magic leads to a reprise of Here on My Feet (1x06) and a scene of students and shoes... Highlights: Finn gets rollerblades, Vicky's boots are too heavy for her to lift, Joy chases springy shoes while King rides a winged shoe, and the Pompoms scramble to avoid being stepped on by a boot LOL. FG depowers the shoes and notes it to be a good first try. LL: "I guess Shoe Magic will be extremely difficult to master" H: "Maybe not, look at Rose" Rose makes easy work of replacing her usual shoes before doing a tap dance in her new footwear smile.gif FG: "That was some nifty magic. Shoe magic just runs in your family" A: "Rose did the best? The shoe is on the other foot" LOL Anyways, today's special task is to come up with a wonderful original outfit (Clara: "That means shoes and a dress") to be showcased at the Grand Midnight Ball, being held tonight right here in honor of their guest. Cinderella: "And past midnight at the end of the ball, I'll choose the best outfit that will get the best grade" Travis and LL exchange a look, but first, Cinderella wants to chat with Rose in private...
- We finally learn what the title refers to: The Cinderella family magic disappears for one minute at midnight every day, leaving their castle defenseless, a potential issue if the Snow Queen were to attack, so they have to make sure everything is well protected. R: "I know we can do it. This is going to be the best day ever!" Over to Rapunzel castle and Team Rose dealing with the task at hand... Pretty sure they're looking at the canine fashion mag from the Enchanted Forest ep LOL. Joy points out they have shoes covered thanks to Rose, but LL points out "Making the dress is going to take all of us" T: "Nope, not me. I couldn't even do simple Shoe Magic without causing a disaster. Don't let me near needles and thread" LL: laugh.gif A: "When it comes to good grades, I always wanna win, and I think I know how..." Astoria hair-pulls down a book showing pictures of elves, and it seems like there's some explanation missing as they're discussing their game plan, as LL says: "If we can get some and use it on our gown, then we can't lose"... except we don't know what she's talking about, but anyways, the Night Elves live in the Star Mill, and Hawk assures Rose "You are going to love this"
- Meanwhile, Kira rants to her mom about having to make their own clothes, but SQ has other things on her mind, like the ball being held at midnight tonight. K: "Yes, but can't someone else make my dress? I'm a princess" LOL! SQ goes over what we already learned from Granny Cinderella. K: "Stop laughing mom, what's one minute gonna get us?" SQ: "Not much. So that is why your team must find a way to stop time at exactly midnight" Cyrus: "*yawn* Too much work for me"
- Meanwhile, Team Rose (with Pompoms in tow) is riding their dragons to the Star Mill, a windmill on a cloud, or in Rose's words: "A real stardust factory!" Rose almost runs herself off the cloud but Hawk stops her... They approach the Night Elves to buy a bottle of their finest stardust, but it turns out "We haven't had customers in years. But now you need a good grade, so you come running eh?" A: "Pretty much. That's how shopping works. Supply and demand will always match" Elf: "No ones buys our stardust anymore... Gowns are out of fashion these days. We're pretty much retired" They're refusing to make a bottle for Rose, to which LL reacts: "I will not be defeated!" Looks like she's threatening violence on the elves LOL. Elf: "Gimme one good reason to start the production of stardust again" Meanwhile, the Pompoms doddle over to play with a golden stream, and one of them falls in (This will be important)
- Rose convinces them with a little Shoe Magic: "Forget gowns!" Elf tries sprinkling some dust on the shoes: "We could produce a new line of sparkling shoes" A: "These shoes are perfect for princesses" T: "And party girls!" LL: "Hey! What party girls do you know?" Good news is they think the idea has merit and decide to restart the windmill. Bad news is that there'll only be new dust in a few weeks, but Rose does get one bottle of old stock gratis for their troubles... Hawk realizes the Pompoms are missing, and Hawk and Rose find them as the Pompom who fell into the golden stream drags the other two in, gaining a nice sparkly glow of their own smile.gif H: "We can't take the Pompoms anywhere"
- Cinderella Castle, nighttime... Astoria, Hawk and LL are making the dress, Rose is making the shoes (J: "This pair is even better than the last 6 pairs") and as for Travis, Astoria says "Cheer us on, and keep your beast strength and luck away from the fabric" LOL. The sparkly Pompoms are playing with Rose's other pairs of shoes... Rose asks when they should add the stardust, and LL answers, "Let's do it just before the Fairy Godmother sees it" A: "Stardust tends to lose its brilliance pretty fast" This will be a fateful decision as we'll see later... (and given the Pompoms are still sparkly, why is the loss of brightness for non-fresh stardust even a concern?)
- Time to head to the ball! The Cinderellas are excited to see the outfits after midnight, but first, dancing... We get to see Sean smiling at Astoria, who blushes, Bao dancing with Gigi, Doc sleeping, and a sparkly Pompom hanging out with the other pets... Rose asks Granny Cinderella and Clara about the midnight issue, and they reassure her that they've increased defenses around the castle. Cinderella: "You just have fun. Let us worry about the Snow Queen" So that's what Rose does icon_smile.gif
- Team Vicky... Part one of their plan is to lure Rose outside so SQ can grab her. For this, Vicky turns Cyrus into Hawk with a potion... C: "So I have to act like Hawk? Like a good guy? I get all of the hard work" The other part involves (not making this up) an "eating time bunny" (with a clock face on its belly and everything): "If he gets on the castle's clock, he'll stop time itself" V: "And then we can make it permanent midnight! Evil!" But the bunny gets a headstart on hopping, so Kira and Vicky have to rush to herd him towards the clock, while they have Fake Hawk lure Rose outside. Cyrus: "Being bad is getting to be too much work!"
- Rose is dancing with the sparkly Pompoms. H: "May I have this dance Rose?" R: "I think you'll have to ask my dance partners first" H: "Oh, I think they're okay with it" HEH! So Hawk and Rose are dancing at the ball, and Rose notes that "Balls have always been important to my family" H: "There's something I've been meaning to ask you" Sounds important, but just then Travis butts in so this better be more important... "Hawk, have you seen the refreshments table? They have apple pie! C'mon!" And we all know how much Hawk loves apples rolleyes.gif H: "That sounds amazing! But... I'm dancing with Rose" But Rose decides to let Hawk go get some pie: "I know how much you love apples. I'll still be here, go get some apple pie!" Hawk promises he'll only be a minute... R: "I've waited a long time for Hawk... what's a little longer?" Her expression after the line does seem that she doesn't like to be left hanging, however...
- Fake Hawk enters the ballroom and sees Rose alone and approaches. Naturally Rose asks about the apple pie... FH's clumsy response: "Pie... pie... There's pie? Where?" Presumably remembering his scheme, FH then suggests going outside with him and watching the moon, and of course Rose would love to... Meanwhile, the real Hawk is busy looking for Rose with a plate full of cake (uh, what about the pie?)
- Outside, FH is trying to complement Rose: "I think you're... what is it I say? Cool as snow! Oh wait, cool as ice!" Rose doesn't twig at Hawk acting a bit off since he went to get some pie, but does notice the bunny running around... FH is rather on the nose about not looking at the bunny but rather the sky... As the clock strikes midnight, Granny Cinderella makes a point to wait one minute, and tells the teams to get their outifts ready. Outside, Rose seems bewildered as the bunny pulls a pin out of the castle clock right after it strikes midnight, and inside, Granny Cinderella is bewildered that her wand isn't working, Clara notices the clock stuck at midnight, and Hawk is still looking for Rose... Outside, Rose tries to chase the bunny while FH goes back inside... and Rose runs into SQ and Blizzard. R: "So you're behind this! I just need my wand" It's still in its ball form... "What's wrong, why isn't this working?" SQ: "Because everything is working right as I planned" Blizzard grabs Rose and flies off (!)
- SQ: "The Cinderella family will never have their powers back Rose, never!" R: "You can't stop time everywhere" SQ reveals that "The Cinderella Castle clock controls time for all of Fairy Tale Land. So it's permanent midnight everywhere!" (As she swoops away, you can see that the clock reads 2 o'clock, which is the time it usually shows for some reason) Hawk notices this while running outside with a teacup (how random) H: "Come on guys, let's transform" Now there's something I'd never expect them to carry over from Winx icon_wink.gif The Cinderellas' magic doesn't work, but FG's still does. J: "Not sure how that's gonna help us Fairy Godmother" The dragons take off, amd meanwhile Clara notes that the Pompoms are busy trying to catch the bunny as it enters the pumpkin patch near the castle...
- SQ: "Sorry, Rose has a date with a snow globe" SQ picks off LL, Travis and Joy in quick succession before Hawk and Astoria take out their respective items to deflect her shots, but SQ is getting further away SQ: "There's nothing you can do!" R: "No! I'll never lose, and I'll never give up!" Rose throws the bottle of stardust (huh, she stashed it in her ballgown dress? LOL) into Blizzard's face and he gets into a sneezing fit, eventually dropping Rose, and Hawk swoops in to make the catch, while Blizzard accidentally sneezes into his own tail, ice cubing himself and SQ LOL.
- Astoria defrosts the other members of the team... Joy is shivering: "I always forget that frogs are cold blooded" Meanwhile, the Pompoms have chased down the bunny and recovered the clock part (huh, thought FG's Shoe Magic would play some role in it somehow) so Hawk takes the part and flies his dragon over to the castle to reinstall it, by tossing it at the clock LOL. The clock starts running again, and after the next minute ticks over, Hawk returns to Rose, and Rose uses her magic to launch pumpkins into the air and turn them into fireworks (is her Pumpkin Magic supposed to work like that?) "Never felt better!" H: "Then let's get back to the ball" And we oddly see Hawk extending his hand twice (HUH.)
- Quick pumpkin transition from Rose taking Hawk's hand back to the ball, where the Cinderellas and FG are looking at Pinocchia's mini-outfit HEH. LL: "Our dress looks good, but we're missing the stardust finish" A: "It's okay Lingling. Rose being safe is the important thing" But Rose has an idea, and shakes the sparkly stardust off the Pompoms on to the dress (told ya it was important icon_wink.gif) Somehow, there is no dirt or grass included LOL (even though one of them tripped and fell on the grass during the bunny chase) and it's still sparkly after who knows how long... FG's review: "Shiny, shimmering, and it doesn't even disappear at midnight" Team Rose: laugh.gif FG gives Team Rose the best grade, as Team Vicky roll their collective eyes...
FG gives her something for her collection (one guess icon_wink.gif) and Rose makes her "Best fairy tale ever" comment again HEH. As for the bunny, the Cinderellas decide to keep him in the pumpkin patch as a mascot..and Rose's Pumpkin Magic gives him a pumpkin carrot LOL

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Dec 9 2018, 11:54 AM
Post #50

Bloomix Fairy

Episode 22: Christmas in the Fairy Tale Land (huh, perfect timing)
Spoiler!
- RegAc portal, where Rose and Gigi are coming through with a Santa hat and boxes of presents, as Rose proudly tells Gigi: "This is going to be our first Christmas at Regal Academy" She's bewildered that no one's there to meet her, until the Pompoms show up with similar hats and tackle Rose, sending Gigi scrambling to avoid the falling boxes, but ends up being clobbered by one anyway LOL. After telling the Pompoms not to spoil her surprise, Rose decides to go look for the others...
- After showing Rose walking past the dog guards with her boxes, time for potions with LeFrog, where today we're learning that "Exact dosage is essential in every magic potion" So of course while Astoria is carefully pouring in the next ingredient, Rose barges right in and distracts her and makes her pour in too much, making the potion explode LOL. It doesn't stop there, as Sean, Alicia, Finn and Gerald all end up getting victimized by her ill-timed intrusion. LeFrog: "Rose! That's quite enough!"
- Cut to outside the tower, and Rose shrieking "What?!" R: "Christmas is like any other day here?" A: "Rose, look what passes for a normal day here, we live in the Fairy Tale Land remember?" The three little pigs are running around a cart filled with food while this is going on LOL. Rose is bewildered that no one celebrates Christmas with their families. J: "My family said they're too busy" LL: "Granny thinks that Christmas does not suit a family of warriors" You'd think with all the personal changes she's made since coming over from Shan last season, Granny would be a bit more chill about that... R: "Pumpkin panic!" H: "Look on the bright side Rose" R: "How could there possibly be a bright side?" H: "We don't really celebrate Christmas here, but at least Santa Claus is real. If you want we can take you to meet him, we know where he lives" Rose is giddy at this, and we pumpkin transition to a rare appearance for Team Rose in their casuals...
- While they're chatting, Rose tells the Pompoms that what her friends really want is a party (channeling her inner Pinkie Pie perhaps?) and has them invite the families of Team Rose to a party at Santa's house ("I'm sure he won't mind") and even makes a set of biplanes for them: "We have to save the magic of Christmas!" Cyrus overhears this and discusses it with Vicky and Kira a la A Magix Christmas... Kira decides to tell her mom about it, and turns out she's decorating her Christmas tree with snow globes: "Original isn't it?" (gets conked in back of head by one LOL) SQ has invited the witches and trolls for Christmas dinner and expects Kira to come... V: "A truly wicked Christmas! What I've always longed for" Kira tells mom about Rose and Christmas magic, and SQ says "It's that blowhard Santa Claus' power. Been trying to steal it for ages" And then SQ falls off her ladder, knocking the globes off the tree and prompting a Kira facepalm LOL. We learn that Santa moved his toy factory to a secret location after SQ's last battle with him, so Vicky offers to track it down as a Christmas present (Kira seems disgusted at the notion)
- Forest! Team Vicky is spying on Team Rose making their way through the forest, whe Rose is asking her friends about the usual Santa tropes, much to their consternation (magic beard, talking reindeer, delivering presents in one night), and as she considers asking him for (what else?) shoes, Astoria hair grabs her mouth LOL. Anyways, they arrive at Santa's cottage, and of course there's his sleigh, a reindeer pen and elves maintaining the grounds... and then Santa shows up, looking pretty much like your typical image of Santa, except with a candy cane wand, using Christmas Magic to conjure up presents from thin air (look at Joy and Rose's synchronized wide smiles LOL) That's right, unlike in Winx, Christmas Magic is an actual non-metaphorical thing...
- As the elves are bagging Santa's presents, SQ shows up (already!) SC: "How did you find me Snow Queen?" SQ: "You stink of goodness and kindness. I smelled you a mile away" LOL! SQ starts firing away and after the elves and reindeer scramble to avoid her attacks, eventually manages to total his sleigh. Santa gives an awesome one-liner: "You've made the naughty list again this year" Then follows it up with a cube of coal right to her face LOL, and then of course a "Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas"... SQ: "What's Christmas without a touch of snow?" SQ ices up the ground and then has Blizzard freeze his legs after he slips... Time for Team Rose to take action, opening with a Travis tornado, followed by a Rose pumpkin torpedo to SQ's face LOL, but neither of those stop Blizzard from swooping in and taking the candy cane wand as SQ smugly says: "I just ruined Christmas for everyone" After an elf pickaxes away the ice around Santa's legs, we learn that Santa created his magic cane years ago to keep up with making the presents, and an elf shows off a bag of coal (all cubed up BTW): "All the presents turned into coal the second the queen snagged the cane" We see Gigi surprised at the coal cubes... Rose offers to make new presents and tells her friends "Let's have a Christmas hero team up" Everyone agrees, and for some reason, Travis is standing next to the reindeer pen, just so we can have a reindeer give him a nice hindleg kick LOL Astoria points out that they only have a few hours until Christmas, but LL loves challenges (of course) Rose asks an elf for the gift list, and we get the expected "unfurling super-long scroll" gag HEH.
- Hawk carries a bushel load of apples out of Santa's house, and we see that Santa has living gingerbread men as well... Hawk is wearing a Santa hat (and we'll see the others wearing hats as well) He sets the pile on a table next to some baking equipment, as Hawk sets out to make 250 apple pies. A gingerbread man pulls an apple out from the bottom of the pile, causing the other apples to collapse in a heap LOL! Joy and King go to a lake to get help from, what else, a bunch of frogs: "Who wants to play elves? Whoever makes the most flower necklaces wins" Over at Rapunzel's castle, Astoria is on a ladder, looking for a book on how to wrap the perfect gift, and ends up falling off her ladder with the book beaning Vidal LOL.
- Fairy Tale Town, and Puss in Boots is commenting on a rocking horse Travis has apparently just made: "Wonderful! Reminds me of the rocking mouse I had when I was a kitten" Travis has Nut pass him the brush... and Nut dips it into glue (based on the label, for shoe soles) before handing it over, and the brush somehow instantly gets stuck to the rocking horse LOL. Nut laughs as Travis tries to pull it off... and winds up getting the brush in Nut's mouth LOLx2 Over at a castle, LL and Bao are doing origami of animals (might come off a tad like Interchangeable Asian Cultures, tm TVTropes icon_confused.gif), and LL adds a touch of magic (animation goof: her wand goes right through a table corner as she's lifting it up) to make them fly a la Helia's cranes (eg 2x26)
- Back to Santa's cottage, where Rose and Gigi are adding ribbons to gift boxes, and helping the elves pile them up. Rose makes a whirlwind of the gift box work smile.gif SC: "You'd make a great Christmas elf little Cinderella" R: "I've always dreamt of becoming an elf... a shoe elf of course" But Santa nevertheless bemoans that their effort is of no use, because he won't be able to deliver all the gifts in a single trip without his Christmas Magic: "I'm nothing without my cane" R: "That's not true! Try to remember how you delivered the presents before creating the cane" SC: "By hand, of course. But it will take too long" R: "Not if we all do it together" At this point she's joined by the others (even though Hawk is the only one who has any reason to be here), with Joy wearing her frog hairclip or whatever on her hat and grinning really wide LOL.
- We finally see Hawk and the gingerbread men start making pies, slicing apples, putting them in the filling, rolling out the dough, adding the thatched face... and a snoozing Doc plopping face first into a pie LOL. Hawk counts up to 204 pies, and puts an apple under his hat HEH. Joy's frogs continue making their flower necklaces under Joy and King's supervision... Joy has her frogclip back on her hair as normal as she makes a special request: "I know I said no bugs in the presents, but... could we make a teeny exception? I need three special necklaces"
In the 1001 Nights Kingdom, Astoria finds the 1001 book from... well, way back in early season 1 (no word about whether it's missing a page) Cut to Travis' hand applying his paintbrush to all sorts of toys, and Puss in Boots is even using his tail to help with the painting HEH. Lastly, LL's origami animals steal the Mad Hatter kid's hat LOL
- Back at SQ's castle (with no trace of the tree she was decorating earlier), SQ returns with the cane and decides to give herself the best gift of all: "I'll finally get the six great fairy tale families!" She tries to wield the cane around to no effect: "That old windbag tricked me!" So she brings Blizzard over again: "As tacky as it is to return a gift, we're going back"
- Back at Santa's cottage, everyone is getting ready: Astoria takes a spill along with ther stack of books (so she thinks books are important for Christmas, huh) Hawk is carrying pies stacked on top of each other (doesn't look very stable eh), Travis gets another reindeer hind leg kick while inspecting his handiwork on the toys LOL, and Joy puts some of her necklaces on the reindeer, one of which gets into a sneezing fit... Santa notes his sleigh is in no shape to fly (such an understatement LOL) so Rose uses her wand (even though it's already in the ready position, they throw in a Christmas version of Rose summoning her wand from ball form, huh) to create a "super Christmassy" (Santa's words) pumpkin sled, so all they have to do now is get those presents delivered... and that's when SQ shows up (uh-oh)
- SQ is really teed that Santa tried to trick him with the candy cane, and promptly puts Travis on, or rather under ice... This is then followed by a more proper icing for the rest (!) SQ is readying a snow globe when a Pompom in a biplane snatches the globe and buzzes Blizzard a couple times, and then SQ gets beaned with an apple: "An apple a day keeps the villains away" It's Hawk's dad, accompanied with mom plus Astoria and Joy's parents... SQ: "What are you doing here?" Astoria's mom holds up one of Rose's invites: "We were invited" SQ: "Invited eh? Join the party, then" SQ starts firing at Astoria's mom, and after managing to evade a few hits, mom's dragon finally gets hit (!) Good news is that her hair unfurls into an umbrella for a safe landing, but bad news is of course that Astoria is iced... SQ keeps going but finds her attacks being countered by Granny Ironfan, using her fan like a racket to lob spells at her: "Is this how you celebrate Christmas? Turning people into icecubes?" Granny lobs her spells at Hawk, LL and Rose to deice them (Rose trips over after getting deiced before getting up and grinning wide LOL) SQ thinks she's finally gotten the candy cane wand working and fires it at Team Rose... and it ends up producing a load of candy canes LOL. SQ: "What's the meaning of this?!" Joy and Hawk's parents gang up on SQ, and Hawk's parent sideswipe Blizzard causing SQ to drop the cane and Santa makes the catch, before adding: "My cane only works when it feels the magic of Christmas, and it's strong when surrounded by people who care about each other" Joy and Hawk go off to hug their respective parents, before firing off their wands at SQ and sending her scurrying (SQ: "I hate Christmas!")
Dave and Clara have shown up (as well as Travis' parents): "Sorry for being late, did we miss anything?"
- Now that that distraction's been dealt with, time for Santa (and Team Rose) to start delivering the presents smile.gif Santa uses his cane wand to make the sleigh all sparkly as the students toss the gift boxes off the sleigh, as Santa's magic leads them to a safe landing... The gifts even reach under the sea to both the Little Mermaid and the Sea Witch ("I hope it's a new hair curling eel") Two forest trolls get clubs to bash each other with HEH! Meanwhile in her palace, SQ still swears she will have her revenge... when even she gets a gift ("A miserable gift won't make me give up") In her case, a snowglobe with a Christmas tree in it... "It's beautiful"
- Back at RegAc, there's a Christmas party (huh, thought they said Christmas is like any other day here icon_confused.gif) with the students plus the invited parents (the Pompoms give Dave a hat and start playing with him LOL) Santa thanks Rose everything she's done, to which she responds with her usual wide grin, and Cinderella comes in and announces that this year's Christmas tree is dedicated to Team Rose... H: "Really? We must be doing better in class than I thought" LOL (and look at Cinderella's initial look of disapproval at Hawk's comment) Anyways, of course it's because they saved Christmas... Everyone gathers into a circle and dances, and a tree forms in the middle of the circle, as Santa explains that the true magic of Christmas is "borne from the affection and warmth that binds people" Some decorations also appear, and two Pompoms get a Santa hat and a reindeer hat... while the third finds himself pushed up high into the sky by a giant tower of presents LOL.
- Santa decides to take his leave, and Rose asks why, since they've already delivered the presents. Santa answers that Earth is still waiting, before giving her something special for her collection: "It's your grandma's first letter to Santa. She wanted a pair of glass slippers for her doll... and a happily ever after" R: "I think we've got that one covered" Santa boards his sleigh and leaves with a trail of sparkles...
- ...as Rose and Hawk lead into a nice Christmas-themed musical number where we get payoff for some of the more offbeat elements: Grandma Rapunzel gets the 1001 book from Astoria, while Joy's family gets the three "special" bug-filled flower necklaces... Travis gives his family a painted family portrait, and of course LL gets a qipao from her grandma icon_wink.gif before launching her cranes into the air... Hawk takes out the apples from under his hat and gives them to his family (and Doc), and he's saved one very special one for Rose... which turns into a single rose bouquet (huh, well played) for her to give to her family. Dawww... A: "Thank you for helping us rediscover Christmas, Rose" R: "And thank you for giving me the best... Christmas... ever" (somewhat surprisingly showing a bit of restraint on that last word there) And we end with Santa's sleigh flying through the sky with its sparkly trail smile.gif

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Dec 21 2018, 3:58 PM
Post #51

Bloomix Fairy

Episode 23: Rainbow Magic (reminds me of this icon_confused.gif)
Spoiler!
- Rose's house, where Dave (with Gigi perched on his shoulder) is looking for his Fairy Tale Land guide when he spots an urn on the shelf: "What is this then? Yeah, guess I'll just open it" Gigi frantically gestures not to open it, and you'd think that he'd get the hint immediately and stop, but he still keeps going at it, so Gigi tries to pry Dave's hand off the cork and ends up getting thrown to the table, and Gigi still continues his frantic gestures... Upstairs to Rose, where she's packing for school, as Clara comes in to ask her about what she's gotten for her collection. R: "It's so cool mom, I got a banshee jar, with a real banshee scream inside" But it's nowhere to be found in her backpack: "Now where did I leave it?" You can see where this is heading, right?
- A loud scream emanates from the urn downstairs, and Gigi, after hanging from the lip of the urn, puts the cork on the urn, but it and Gigi quickly get blown out over to Rose, who promptly corks it properly... (Raises the question of how it got left on the shelf without at least a warning not to open it) Clara tells Rose they're super late and have to go, and Dave's all too happy about this: "I think I need some tranquility... and silence" Rose decides to bring her urn over, but Gigi has a look of disapproval... R: "Don't worry Gigi, it'll be safe at school"
- Over at RegAc, Joy and King are decorating a cake with assorted insects and earthworm cream... Joy reveals she woke up extra early to make their favorite lunch, as someone sneaks into the kitchen under a cauldron and steals the cake while Joy is making the cream and replaces it with a jenga tower LOL, which of course falls over the moment Joy dabs it with the cream... Similarly, Travis is making an abstract painting of Lingling when his brush gets swiped for a banana (a la Sir George's amulet from last season), and Astoria is holding her favorite book while dusting the shelves when it gets swiped for a gossip magazine... Hawk is carrying a bowl of apples when they're swiped to balls of yarn, while during LL's archery practice, one of her arrows gets swiped to fishbones (between being fired from her bow to hitting the target LOL)
- Rose arrives at the RegAc classroom with her banshee jar and an intent to show it off, only to be bewildered at everyone noticing that things of theirs have gone missing (and some are even accusing other students of the theft) Odette has lost her ballet slippers and Pinocchia's sand paper is missing (Cyrus gets a splinter wiping her nose) while Violet Ogre is looking for her ogre princess doll, prompting Leena to laugh at her... Violet clarifies: "It's for a friend!" Vicky: "It's almost like someone's up to no good!" Granny Cinderella threatens to plant the students in her pumpkin patch (HEH) and Rose tries to get everyone to calm down, but when she notices that her jar's been swiped for jam, decides that it's perfectly okay to panic LOL!
- Time to put Sheriff Riding Hood and her canine companions on the case, as they race to RegAc in turn of the last century style police cars, and after entering the classroom, proceed to chase down the students for quite a bit of time, until RH finally decides to do an introduction, replete with her relentless team of dogs appearing from behind her hood... and then the shaggy one spots Rose and runs circles around her... RH: "Why do you always have to spoil my entrance?" Anyways, Cinderella meets up with RH and she urges the students to cooperate with the cops... Rose decides to help: "Our things are too precious to leave them in the hands of whatever crook! After all, I've always dreamt of becoming a detective" Me: "Since when?"
- There's a montage of officers doing their job (badly LOL), interspersed with Rose and the Pompoms looking for clues... Leena gets interrogated with a rapidfire barrage of questions, and her interrogator concludes that she stutters suspiciously (well, considering that she's given a second if even that to answer...) The shaggy dog cop insists on starting the investigation where Joy was making her lunch, and hands a bunch of paper to Joy for cataloging the evidence, while another tries to draw the criminal based on Finn's description (using Travis' palette for color) Rose finds out that Gerald hasn't had anything taken from him, and he still has his prized possession: a teddy bear (LOL) so naturally she decides to borrow the teddy, using the Pompoms to tickle him and help her get it, before promising to get it back to him...
- The lady cop tells LL and Astoria to catalog every corner of the crime scene with a camera... and she keeps waltzing into LL's shot LOL: "Sorry, I'm a bit photo-centered" Rose has the Pompoms and Gigi spread out corn flour all over a courtyard before placing Gerald's teddy on the well-starched ground, while Leena keeps getting bombarded with even more irrelevant questions like her favorite ice cream flavor, her grandma's eye color or her 3rd grade cousin's address and the shaggy dog cop is shown to have eaten the bowls of Joy's ingredients before bothering to place the bog standard crime scene number placards LOL
- Sure enough, the thief takes the teddy and leaves his prints for Rose to measure and investigate hard (and the Pompoms give her what look like diagrams for cutting cloth to make clothes), while the dog cops continue to be more Keystone than competent: The cop questioning Finn manages to draw up Granny Cinderella, while the photo-centered lady dog keeps turning LL's attempts to take crime scene photos into her own personal photoshoot (with a couple students in the shot under the guise of being a team photo LOL!) Looks like Rose is doing some paper cutting work as part of her investigation...
- Back to the classroom, where Hawk is consoling Leena, still traumatized by the questioning, the shaggy dog cop is sleeping in a wheelbarrow, Granny Cinderella is being arrested, and lady dog is looking at the results of her photoshoot. RH rightly calls them washouts for their incompetence, but Rose arrives, with a recreation of the thief's shoe based on the shoe print... RH: "You really are a Cinderella you know that? (at the cops) And the only one with some common sense" HEH! So anyways, based on the shoe, the thief is a leprechaun... R: "Best fairy tale ever" RH: "Most wanted fairy tale ever. We'll have to raid his hideout" R: "You mean" RH: "That's right, the end of the rainbow" Rose lets out a very big YAY!
- Team Vicky is talking to the Snow Queen, and not surprisingly, they have something to do with the leprechaun... SQ: "I got you a great ally this time, did I not?" Kira: "Eh, he hasn't betrayed us or ruined everything, so that's new" Kira tells Vicky that leprechauns are mean and spiteful by nature, but Vicky replies: "That's just why this plan is so awesome" SQ says it's time to spring the trap, whatever that means...
- We finally get our justification for the title about halfway through, as Astoria finds a book with a rainbow on its cover at the potions lab, and Joy asks for some ingredients and a cauldron from her grandpa, who asks for a piece of leprechaun gold in return for his experiments... because in order to find the end of the rainbow, they're going to need a rainbow (H: "...obviously")
- Team Vicky spies on Team Rose as they meet up with RH and the cops, with Travis carrying the cauldron, and Travis being Travis, he trips on a Pompom and gets himself conked in the head with it LOL Joy hands out various colored bottles of potion from her little frog-design bag to each of the team members (how do they even fit in the bag? icon_confused.gif) Astoria reads off what each color represents (blue for loyalty and violet for wisdom... MLP fans on the writing staff perhaps? icon_wink.gif) before having everyone pour their bottles in, releasing an explosion of sparks and creating a rainbow emanating from the cauldron (giving us a rare smile from RH) R: "So cool! We made a rainbow! And... it's solid" A: "Of course rainbows are solid, and super safe. How else would you walk to the end of the rainbow?" T: "Oh, I hate travelling by rainbow" Rose hugs the solid rainbow for a couple seconds, before following the others on the rainbow road, running in an overjoyed manner to catch up (conveniently skirting the issue of how to get on the rainbow to begin with... also, notice how Joy is skipping down the rainbow) RH has her cops guard their end of the rainbow ("And try not to deceive me this time") before following them, as Vicky has an evil grin on her face...
- Song, and it's a recycled one, "Take a Ride" from the previous season's finale, albeit rather shortened from the original, and featuring a gag of Travis slipping and sliding down the rainbow... The number ends with Rose falling off the rainbow, but she gets saved by a human chain, anchored by (who else?) Travis: "This is why I hate travelling by rainbow!"
- And he's about to have another reason, as back at RegAc, Vicky decides to toss a stick to distract the cops with a game of fetch. Even though the pets are also there, they're simply powerless to stop the cops from this bald-faced diversion, as Vicky pours in a potion to get rid of the rainbow... The Pompoms see the rainbow fading from the cauldron and (again ignoring the issue of getting on the rainbow, especially now that it's fading away) race towards Rose to tell her about it, and despite sprinting like mad to keep ahead since they're so high in the air, the rainbow eventually goes out from under them, and Rose's Hail Mary suggestion to call the dragons is a nonstarter because they're too far... so that leaves hoping for a favorable landing on the island below them (!)
- Their fall gets broken by, get this, large mushrooms on the island (Travis being Travis, LL lands right on top of him LOL) Rose spots the missing items, and a rainbow's end, which doesn't make much sense but whatever, and RH offers to make her a deputy after they get back, but first, time to deal with the leprechaun, who's being played akin to Rumple from Winx's Music Cafe storyline (same accent even) Of course his magic is Rainbow Magic (CinemaSins guy: "Roll credits" *ding* icon_wink.gif) and the fight is mainly him using it to block Team Rose's attacks (A: "Did he just cut my ivy with... a rainbow?") including LL's Moonbow even, and Travis being Travis, he gets blasted into a little mountain LOL
- Eventually, Rose uses her glass slipper running to distract the leprechaun while LL fires her bow again, and this time manages to disarm him of his wand, before Rose punts a pot on to his head LOL! Hawk goes off to get Travis, and since Rose's jar isn't here, Joy has her Frog Ball bugs look for it... RH goes in to arrest the leprechaun, but of course, the leprechaun has his ulterior motives for his thievery, and here they come now: SQ and Blizzard (so why steal the other RegAc students' stuff?) Blizzard immediately takes out LL and Astoria (we see the boys noticing this, but not Joy, hmm...), and the leprechaun gets his wand back
- RH somehow has protected Rose and herself from the Blizzard blast, and threatens to put her under arrest for her countless crimes (her words) SQ: "Are you sure?" SQ fires her spell at RH, and RH jumps up to dodge it and tosses the cuffs at SQ who bats them away with her wand, before blowing RH with wind from her wand... but Rose is still in her slippers, so she outraces SQ's spells for a bit before throwing stuff at her, eventually conking her in the head, but the errant shot she produces still ends up freezing Rose's right foot in place (!) SQ takes out her snowglobe to imprison Rose: "No one escapes my collection!" But RH sprints in between Rose and SQ, and RH ends up in her snowglobe instead... SQ: "Unexpected, but still one less do-gooder"
- The leprechaun demands his reward, and SQ replies: "Your reward is that I won't turn you into a popsicle... for now" Leprechaun: "I'll trade it... for your snowglobe" He pulls out from behind his back the snowglobe we just saw SQ holding, and sure enough, she's not holding it anymore, leaving her flabbergasted... As Joy watches this distraction, her bugs have found the jar ("Thank frog") R: "Time to be a fairy tale hero!" Rose kicks away the ice restraint with her free foot (and by this point SQ has gotten the RH snowglobe back) before kicking the jar (nicely tossed by Joy) straight at SQ... SQ catches the jar, but the cork comes off and you know what that means... The scream tosses her back on to Blizzard, and they decide to retreat. But that still leaves yet another outstanding issue, of RH being globed, left unresolved for now (alongside Brad, Fala, Twinnie Ironfan, and that other student who got globed back in the season premiere)
- Potion lab, where LeFrog and Cinderella see the students reunited with their stuff (we see Alicia has been reunited with her yarn) Team Rose is back, and Cinderella asks the obvious question of how they got back without the rainbow, to which Hawk answers "We had help" before pointing to the leprechaun... LeFrog chats with the leprechaun, and besides leprechaun gold, the rarest of all potion ingredients (LeFrog's words) he can get him anything smile.gif "Really? How would you like a job?" We close on a rare solemn scene (with appropriate music to match), in which the canine cop that questioned Leena won't eat the dog food a Pompom is pushing on him, and Cinderella promises Rose they'll rescue everyone trapped in SQ's snowglobes, before sharing a hug (DAWW...)

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Dec 28 2018, 4:09 PM
Post #52

Bloomix Fairy

Episode 24: The Snow Queen's Trap
Spoiler!
- We open at the Snow Queen's castle, with Team Vicky (!) Vicky fangirls about getting to see the throne and the windows from which SQ's planned her past countless misdeeds, while Kira is kinda indifferent about it all, since this is her mother they're talking about here. SQ makes her dramatic entrance (dramatic spotlights included) and Vicky has a really wide grin, while Kira says: "I hate my life" But anyways, SQ called for an in-person meeting with Team Vicky, because it's an important one (Kira flashes a very brief grin upon hearing this) SQ's finally getting serious, and she's giving Kira the power of her snowglobes (!) SQ tells Vicky: "By the end of today, you'll be headmistress of Regal Academy" and Vicky has another wide grin at this before collapsing in a heap... SQ also decides to make Cyrus the vice-director, which makes him excited, until Vicky gets up and suggests "Butler would work" SQ: "Fine then" LOL
- Now to the real meat of the plot, as SQ reveals who will make it all possible... Hawk's older sister, as in Fala, as in the girl Hawk was looking for back in 2x08... SQ says "It's time for Fala to go home" as she embeds her with some sort of ice crystal while she's in her snowglobe, and that makes SQ a more faithful adaptation of the character than Frozen LOL
- We head to Snow White's castle, where Hawk is (what else?) thinking about Fala. It's the 10th anniversary of her disappearance, and we learn that she made him a fairy princess doll whe he was 3... H: "It's made of ice, but since then it has never melted" SW reassures him that Fala's magic is stronger than even hers, and adds: "I'm sure wherever she is, she'll find her way back home" You do know a) it's been 10 years, and b) Hawk found out just recently she was traded to the Snow Queen, right? Pretty sure that Hawk ought to have brought that up since then...
- Just then, Hawk hears Rose excitedly running up the stairs before tripping over herself as she runs in to the room LOL Rose asks Hawk to help her at the pumpkin patch... where Granny Cinderella announces that the theme of RegAc's big end of year ball is Pumpkin Fantasy. This does not amuse Astoria and Travis, because the theme is Pumpkin Fantasy every single year, as Granny Cinderella always gets to pick it (R: "What's wrong with it? It sounds fun") Their job is to pick the biggest brightest pumpkins to make decorations... Travis shows Rose a small pumpkin (R: "That's a C at best") Travis being Travis, he gets run over by the Pompoms' ginormous pumpkin LOL while Astoria magically rolls her pumpkins (without a wand, hmm) Naturally, Rose gathers the most pumpkins, and the Pompoms help her move her pile, much to Hawk's chagrin...
- Next morning, Team Rose is riding their dragons (who are all carrying pumpkins LOL) R: "It's the perfect day. Pumpkins and dragons, two of my favorite things" They hear a scream from afar, and decide to check it out... Turns out two trolls are chasing a girl. Astoria is surprised because trolls rarely ever get close to the school, but anyways, they decide to save the damsel... A third troll shows up to surround her, as Team Rose arrives to deal with the trolls by fanning away their clubs, turning one of them into a frog, and putting up a wall of ice to obstruct the last remaining troll before putting him under a vine cage... Of course the girl turns out to be Fala, and after the initial stunned reactions, we learn that Fala woke up in the forest alone before being chased by the trolls, and all she remembers of where she's been all these years is a cold hostile place... Lingling correctly assumes she was imprisoned in SQ's palace, and wonders why she's free, and Astoria suspects if it could be a trap... R: "No way! Fala is Hawk's sister! She would never hurt him!" Hawk decides to take her to Granny...
- RegAc students are preparing for the ball in the outside courtyard... SW: "Just because this is for a party, students, doesn't mean you should have unnecessary fun" Just then she hears Hawk, and tries to fob him off, until she sees that he's with Fala... SW is in disbelief at her return as she hugs Fala, and Rose adds: "See that? It can't be a trap, even Granny Snow White recognized her own granddaughter" And how does that make a difference? Anyways, Astoria and LL nod in agreement, which will make the inevitable reveal all the worse... SW decides to change the theme to Apple Delight in honor of Fala smile.gif
- Astoria has found a book on making apple garlands, and Rose decides to go help Hawk (this will be important) Astoria's first attempt ends up getting laughed at... granted, by the Pompoms, but Vidal got caught in her garland LOL. Fala comes in with a pile of books, and offers to help Astoria with her garland. Astoria notes her pile of books and Fala answers: "I missed like a dozen years of books. Gotta catch up"
- The Pompoms are rolling a giant pumpkin around the courtyard, knocking Gerald into a pond, and sideswiping Travis while he's painting an apple on an easel, splattering paint all over his work, and naturally he's incensed about it. Fala shows up and asks if the splatter-sprayed apple is modern art HEH! "It's so intense" T: "It's kinda good... but Granny Cinderella told me to paint an apple" F: "You're an artist. They can tell you what to paint, but not how to do it" T: "(really long pause) Good point" We see one of the Pompoms tasting paint LOL when they notice Travis and Fala adding a few more splatters of blue to the painting (huh, thought it looked better when it was just red and yellow splatters)
- So basically, Fala is acting all helpful to Team Rose, i.e., the "Cozy Glow" tactic... We continue with a trip to the cafeteria, where Joy has laid out a spread of buggy snack foods, and a couple of students are grossed out by the creepy crawlies (for example, a burger crawling around with spider legs, upside down ladybugs with frosting, cupcakes with spiders on top, a whole fish wrapped up in a crepe) Joy eats a fish crepe: "I knew bug cookies wouldn't be a good idea" So why make them in the first place then? icon_confused.gif Fala is the only one who dares to try one of her snacks (a spider cupcake), and she finds it delicious... J: "But if no one wants to eat them, then we get a bad grade, and Astoria hates me forever" LOL Fala offers to swap out Joy's "pioneering" ingredients, and Joy is grateful...
- Hawk shows off using his snow magic to make a couple of ice statues: "Me being heroic or... me being resolute" Sean dismisses them as being more or less the same, but here's Fala using her wand to make a bunch of more varied ice statues, much to everyone's amazement (Chad is briefly heard saying "Poor Brad, I miss him" amidst the chatter, hmm) as Hawk declares her "a prodigy, the strongest Snow White ever" Rose is not pleased: "I wanted to be the one helping Hawk"
- Dressmaking room, and when it comes to dressmaking, LL is at her wit's end: "Princess gowns are not made for me! They are too feminine!" Guess who's there helping Clara? Fala playfully mocks the great LL for surrendering, before taking up the scissors herself on LL's shambles: "I think femininity and strength are beautiful together" Fala shows off the end result to LL (kinda reminds me of Blondie Lockes) and of course she loves it smile.gif
- Rose is decorating the main ballroom with apple decorations, with Pompoms flying around in biplanes dragging some apple banners behind them... Fala comes in to help Rose, much to her surprise since she was expecting Hawk... While Fala is holding Rose's ladder, Gigi does his best North by Northwest impersonation as he's chased by a biplane, though in this case, the biplane crashes against a column LOL. Now on separate ladders, Fala asks Rose if Hawk usually works with her and Rose says "Kind of" before explaining it's because T/LL work together and Joy always needs Astoria's help. Fala asks "So you're going to the dance with him?" Rose falls into the decorations and gets tangled in them, and still answers: "Every girl in school is stressing Hawk go to the dance with him. I won't do it like them" Though she then mentions that they dance at school dances as friends... F: "I would love to see the two of you dance" R: "But... I think he'd rather hang out with you tonight" The Pompoms jump on top of Rose a few times to snap the decorations to free her... F: "I want him to dance with you. And if he doesn't, I'll give him a little push" Rose is grateful for the offer and adds: "I'm glad you're here. It's like, well, a fairy tale come true, and that's my favorite thing" Fala and Rose hold hands, DAWW...
- Team Vicky is snooping on Fala and Rose... V: "Everyone loves Fala, so sweet the air tastes like cotton candy" Kira calls her mom: "Looks like your plan is working... for once" Now, time for SQ to put her plan into action... Fala and Rose are putting up decorations outside when it looks like Fala gets herself a wicked case of heartburn... F: "I just remembered" R: "About the Snow Queen?" Fala goes off to talk to the teachers, much to Rose's bewilderment...
- Dragon arena, where Hawk reacts to Rose's story with suspicion and decides to split off from the rest of the team (who are supposed to head to town) to ask her something, and promises to be just a minute (probably takes more than that just to find her) Hawk tracks down Fala as she's heading to the main hall to ask if she's okay, and Fala tries to fob him off by saying that the teachers are waiting for her to give them a report. Hawk tries to follow... and Fala ices Hawk up with her wand (!) Kira sees this and says: "I like her" HEH! Vicky and Cyrus have put the dog guards to sleep (in the literal sense, not the veterinary sense) allowing this misdeed (and her next) to go unchecked... As Vicky zaps a guard again for good measure, it's almost time for Kira's part, as Doc spots the frozen Hawk and flies off to tell the others...
- At RegAc's main hall, all the teachers, plus Granny Ironfan, Clara, and that wolf teacher we hardly ever see (still more than Alfea's DuFour, zing icon_wink.gif) have gathered to meet Fala (that big of a deal huh?) Cinderella asks if she's recovered her memories... and Fala gains a purple aura as her eyes glow purple, before putting all the teachers on ice (!)
- As Astoria uses her Fire Bangles to melt the Hawk ice cube, a bunch of random students run into the area, panicking about an attack, and notice the sleeping dogs near the main hall. Gerald: "Who could do this?" LL has a bad feeling about this... Astoria finishes thawing Hawk and he immediately implicates Fala, as the main hall door opens and Fala comes out riding the Snow White ice cube and starts trying to zap the students in the area, as the rest of the teacher ice cubes are brought out, much to Team Rose's horror...
- Team Rose lines up in formation... H: "Fala, what are you doing?" F: "Destroying you all, obviously" T: "Good thing she's the strongest Snow White in history" The sky gets dark as Fala flings her spells first, and Hawk uses his mirror shield to block... Hawk blindly accuses Fala of tricking her and being fake before sending the magic back at her which she avoids, but Rose rightfully suggests that she is Fala, just under an evil spell... Astoria flings her bangles in Fala's general direction and Fala strikes them back at her with a mirror shield... LL: "She used a mirror shield defense with normal snow magic" H: "I told you, she's a prodigy" Fala responds by icing Travis and LL, and Joy tries using her Frog Magic and gets it bounced back at her (!)
- Hawk and Rose see Kira riding in on her dragon and Rose desperately asks for her help (quantifying her plea with "I know we're not besties or anything") but not only does her dragon knock them aside, they finally find out that Kira is SQ's daughter (!) Rose is in disbelief at this revelation, while Hawk is in disbelief at Kira putting the teachers into her snowglobes... Seems like they're going for a Dark Bloom thing here, except that Fala doesn't have a season plus's worth of attachment to provide the same impact it did with Bloom...
- Anyways, Kira's dragon leaves as the ice cubes shatter to make it rain ice on Rose and Hawk, requiring them to avoid it, and Fala next threatens to shatter Travis and LL, and obviously Hawk can't attack his own sis, but Hawk has an idea... He runs towards Fala and tells her "We need to talk"... and of course gets frozen from the chest down (and bizarrely, the ice debris is confined to two orderly areas) but he's holding something up: "Do you remember this?" "This" being the fairy princess ice doll from earlier, and we learn why she made the doll: "You made it for me, so I would no longer be afraid to stay alone. That day in the woods, you promised me you'd always be by my side, whatever happened" This makes Fala start to cry, and as with the original fairy tale, it stops the snow and the darkened sky... Rose explains that "Your heart is reminding you of your love for Hawk" F: "I can't remember anything" R: "Look at Hawk, Fala" Hawk is still holding up the doll (not like he has any choice): "Don't let anything, anybody, get between you and me Fala"
- Fala is overwhelmed with emotion and the ice crystal leaves its host, and drops to the ground sounding like a shovel on cement upon impact, and she drops to the ground weakly... The ice evaporates from everyone, and Hawk reassures Fala: "Everything will be okay, I promise" She's probably going to feel real bad about herself once she realizes she was an unwitting pawn in SQ's plan...
- Speaking of, Kira is riding home on her dragon, and calls out her mom for losing Fala (since she flew out long before that, how would she know?) "But it doesn't matter: we won!" Kira cackles while brandishing her snowglobes... Back at RegAc, Team Rose is helping the weakened Fala back, with Frog!Joy riding Travis' head LOL. T: "Well, it can't get much worse right?" Right on cue, Vicky announces that in light of the kidnapping of the professors, as representative of the students, she's proclaimed herself headmistress of RegAc... Cyrus cheers, everyone else gasps, and Astoria faints at the news, punctuating the episode with a big CLUNK!

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Jan 5 2019, 7:44 AM
Post #53

Bloomix Fairy

Episode 25: Rose in Wonderland (You'd think a title like this would be filler like the Merlin Ac ep...)

Spoiler!
- RegAc main hall, where the student body is shocked and in utter disbelief over the missing professors. Pinocchia: "Now who's going to take care of us?" Vicky offers her services, but no one seems to be listening.Cyrus explains: "Everyone's too scared to pay attention to you right now Vicky" V: "Then make them pay attention! You do want to stay my vice principal... don't you Cyrus?" C: "Of course, of course" Cyrus hands her a megaphone... Astoria is just now getting back on her feet, when Vicky makes her announcement through the megaphone. A: "Please tell me this is just a dream"
- Cyrus tries to make a cheerleader style name spelling cheer, but a) it doesn't work well with his voice and b) V: "You forgot the C" A: "This isn't a dream. It's a nightmare" (Faints again LOL) The Pompoms razz at her as well LOL Vicky gives lip service at the notion of finding the missing teachers, but Rose points out that Cinderella would never have left Vicky in charge; however, Vicky has Cyrus holds up a declaration making Vicky headmistress in Cinderella's absence, yet another Cozy Glow tactic... A: "This is the worst day in the history of fairy tales!" Astoria demands to see the scroll, and this leads to a bit of a brawl...
- Hawk tells Fala that the kidnapping of the teachers shouldn't be considered her fault since she was under the Snow Queen's spell, and Lingling adds: "And we couldn't know Kira was her daughter" Yeah, because she had pretty much no direct interaction with anyone outside of Team Vicky, the better to prevent any goody goodies sniffing out the secret of her fake background... Incidentally, an ice-themed villain lying about her background to get into school as part of her scheme... sounds familiar icon_wink.gif Hawk: "We need to go after her right now!" However, the dog guards stop Hawk and the rest from going off to rescue their families, and to add insult to injury, Vicky decides to have Team Rose rake the leaves at the dragon arena under Cyrus' supervision (V: "We have to keep a special eye on our heroes, vice-principal")
- So Team Rose, plus their pets, are raking leaves at the dragon arena, and Cyrus is keeping an eye on them. One of the dragons flies in, knocking away a pile of leaves, and chats with other dragons about a ban on them from leaving RegAc... An instrumental of This is How It Goes plays out as we see them going about their task, not helped by the Pompoms jumping into other piles... Of course, Rose, the Cinderella, has her pile well-made, but Cyrus kicks the leaves around. Travis calls him out and uses his Fury Magic, and then LL her Fan Magic, to gather up the leaves in tidy piles thumbsup.gif, but Cyrus, not one to be frustrated, has the family dragons fly around to spread them out again thumbsdown.gif
- This really angers Travis, and Hawk is frustrated: "Cyrus is stalling us. We need a plan to get out of here and beat the Snow Queen" A: "Yeah! Too bad we have no idea how to do any of it" Fala points out they have to "combine the powers of the great fairy tale families" LL says they have them (how convenient, tm Dana Carvey) but that still leaves how to get to SQ... and Fala says that they need a special key that she knows someone named Alice has kept for years... And of course Rose figures out what Alice she's talking about and is so giddy about going to Wonderland that she shakes Joy LOL. Of course they need to get out of here, and they'll need their dragon riding armor for this mission as well...
- Rose sees the three little pigs carrying trays of burritos (and once again, the animators are still drawing the wrong kind of tortilla) and has an idea... and has a gaggle of Pompoms attack them, causing them to throw their burrito trays in the air, whereupon the Pompoms catch the burritos and toss them at Cyrus ("I don't even like burritos" LOL), allowing them to sneak off to the dragons. R: "Guys, we know about the ban on dragons, but could you at least summon our armor?" After a short beat, the dragons nod in agreement, and we're spared those lengthy transforms smile.gif Team Rose runs off in their outfits and the dragons high-five HEH!
- Vicky rides in on a dragon and Cyrus tells her about the escape... her reaction: "Cyrus, you fool! You're demoted to vice... vice-principal!"
As Team Rose are running, with pets and Pompoms in tow, Cyrus sends the dog guards after them: "They're escaping!... I mean, stop and protect them for their own good!" Team Rose sees the dogs gaining on them, and Fala decides to stay behind along with the pets to fend them off. Understandably, Hawk would rather stay by her sister's side, but she insists on him going off to beat SQ and leaving this part to her (even adding a thumbs up for good measure) so Hawk shares a quick hug before running off... F: "Alright guys, let's see how the guard dogs like these apples" Huh, a pop reference in RegAc... In this case, the pets pelt apples at the guard dogs LOL, while another one gets tripped by a rope...
Team Rose (plus Pompoms) gets to the portal and activates it to leave Fairy Tale Land and Vicky sees this, so she gets Shire Cat to follow them. Cat: "I know exactly who can help out..."
- Back in Not!Gardenia, Team Rose emerges from the portal, and Rose reveals how they're going to get to Wonderland: "I read that if you turn the Fairy Tale Key counter clockwise, you can get to Wonderland!" She does just that, opening the portal again to Wonderland... As Travis approaches though, he gets burned (just another case of Travis being Travis LOL) Astoria decides they need to disable the trap with a magic formula, and she happens to have just learned a new one (Always trust Astoria to know these things icon_wink.gif)
- Team Rose falls through the sky, and Rose is absolutely chill about it: "Any moment now a dragon will save us!" H: "Rose, there are no dragons in Wonderland!" R: "Pumpkin seeds! Aaah!" Cut to a table, where Hattie, grandson of the Mad Hatter, Humpty and a caterpillar named Crocolegs are having their tea... And guess where should most of Team Rose land but the seats around the table (with the Pompoms landing in a vat of soup, apparently?) Rose and LL manage to land sideways, and armor or no, those wooden armrests can't have done Rose any favors... Travis being Travis, he gets a nasty landing against the ground LOL
- So anyways, Rose runs around all giddy and decides to take a muffin for her collection (dunno how well that would keep, but then again she had a cookie in her collection during Shire Cat's S1 ep) Croc tells Rose to wait her turn since they're waiting for a guest. Rose recognizes both Humpty and Hattie, though Croc is new to me AFAIK... Astoria quickly asks about Alice's whereabouts, and it turns out Hattie and crew are wondering that themselves: "She should have been here ages ago" (and I suppose the same goes for a certain white rabbit, right?) "Yes, it's quite strange, Alice is never late for her unbirthday party" Humpty calls the Pompoms foul creatures, and Travis gives Humpty a nice slap on the back, to which Humpty does not take kindly LOL.
- Here comes Shire Cat (A: "What are you doing here?" Cat: "I live here darling") telling them that Alice has been captured by the Queen of Hearts, and everyone is shocked at the news... well, except maybe Croc: "Well, I guess she's gone for good then. Tea's on, we can start" Team Rose is stunned and Rose adds: "That's not the way to behave! Guys! Alice is your friend!" H: "Well, I find that new friends can be found all the time" Humpty: "Take it from me. It's best not to be fragile hearts" (?) Nevertheless, Shire Cat convinces them that they can't leave Alice alone, which dovetails perfectly with Hawk's purview. Shire Cat offers to be their guide through Wonderland, and it's obvious he's going to bamboozle them... speaking of, why would Rose and Travis ever trust the Shire Cat again considering he did that last time they interacted with him? Incidentally, he's wearing the usual RegAc uniform, even though he's not in Fairy Tale Land...
- So anyways, Shire Cat takes them to the Queen's castle, which of course looks made of cards (there's also a playing field in front as well) LL: "Wow, it's really very pretty here" Cat: "What were you expecting, something evil and foreboding?" A: "Um, yes actually" They hear Alice in a plant cage, and from a distance one might visually mistake her for a younger Bloom, between the blue dress and the red hair (yeah, she has red hair, rather than the blonde of the somewhat iconic Disney version... hmm, maybe Winx got their S8 design cues from here?)
- Rose tells Alice that they need her to take them to the Snow Kingdom, and Alice answers: "That sounds fun. Maybe it will get a little cold" LOL. Travis discovers Alice's cage is covered in thorns, because it's a cage of roses... Anyways, here comes the Queen of Hearts and her card guard entourage, and Shire Cat proceeds to present them as her new captives (!) Hawk is teed at Shire for setting them up, and Rose takes out her wand to attack, and it doesn't work (only releasing a small flurry of hearts) because according to the Queen: "This castle and my garden are immune to your magic weapons" On top of that, Shire throws in an extra charge of trying to attack the Queen, so just like that.. "It's off to my prisons with this lot... forever!"
- Rose is familiar with the Alice story, and knows the Queen has one weakness... A: "Now would be a really good time to use it then!" So Rose approaches the Queen and proposes a croquet challenge... except that the Queen tells Rose "You're way behind the times cutie" It turns out these days instead of croquet, she prefers... American football. HUH (and yes, they include the qualifier, I suppose as an artifact of being Europe made) Travis shares our sentiment: "American football? Huh, you gotta be kidding me" Rose's offer still stands, and the Queen has the card guards repaint the playing field...
- Pretty interesting considering the gender make-up of her team... and all Rose knows about the game is that there are two teams, a field and a ball (yeah well so does soccer) A: "You don't look so sure about it either, Rose" R: "It doesn't matter, Alice will help us" Uh, how about the guy who actually also lives on Earth? Indeed, Alice reveals: "I'm not good at it (Me: No kidding) and that's why I'm here" A: "Oh my grade, we're doomed! We'll end up in jail..." Rose ducks off to talk to the Pompoms, as the real idea behind this is for the Pompoms to help free Alice while they're playing football... To quote a certain famous spoof of sports films: "Bold strategy Cotton, let's see how it works out for them"
The cards bring out a football and place it midfield, and the tall Pompom punts away the actual ball into the trees, and lies down to pretend to be the ball, somehow not getting noticed... and this has literally no bearing on the game that follows (LOL!) Rose tell the other two to watch their hands on the thorns...
- And away we go! Right from the word go, the Queen has no respect for playing by the rules, as the card guards directly pick up the ball from midfield instead of kicking off (R: "No fair, the game hasn't even started! She's cheating" Alice: "First of all, never say that") and then pass the ball straight to the queen in the end zone for an instant TD... T: "I'll show you how to really play" Travis takes the ball and starts running and gets quickly tripped by a card guard and fumbles the football right to the Queen, and takes it to the house for another TD T: "Oh come on, I've never seen American football played like this" The Queen is gloating ("Can you smell the damp of my prisons already?") when Rose grabs the ball out of the Queen's hands and passes it to Hawk, and as he's getting tackled he laterals to Joy, Joy turns into a frog and Travis takes the ball and gives her a kiss in one fluid motion LOL Travis laterals to Astoria's hair, and Astoria makes a(n illegal forward) pass (which bounces off the pitch I might add) to LL, who darts past the Queen to take it to the house... and the Queen calls on the guards to "Get the cheater!" LL says she didn't do anything wrong, but the Queen calls her out not for the forward pass, but for just plain scoring (Sore much? Then again, wouldn't put it past her to not know laterals are a thing...)
- By this point, the other two Pompoms have freed Alice, so Team Rose decides to run off with their prize, as the Queen sends the card guards after them, and for good measure, conjure up some more with Heart Magic... During the chase, Rose tells them they need the key to the Snow Kingdom, and Alice holds up a loop of keys, full of keys to other locations in Wonderland...
- While she's looking, the card guards manage to catch up, but they're far enough from the castle to use their magic, so Rose makes a minibus and has the team plus Alice ride in it... Alice is still looking through the keys when Shire jumps on front of the windshield and sends it crashing, allowing the card guards to catch up: "It's time to give up" R: "Never, not in my fairy tale!" The other students use their magic on the guards, blowing them away, trapping them in vines, or turning them into frogs, but after a bit of fighting, Travis seems to think they're making more cards, and LL adds "Every time we stop one card, three more show up!"
- Alice keeps searching through her keys, as Hawk blocks some more guards with an ice wall (A: "Thanks Hawk! Oh wait, now I remember") and Rose uses Pumpkin Magic skates to avoid another guard... There's still a lot of them to deal with and Hawk says "We'll keep fighting until we can't anymore" ...And here comes Humpty taking out some more guards in a rolling maneuver (with Astoria putting up vines to catch him) Hattie and his crew have come to help them in the fight... H: "I thought about what Rose said... true friends are rare indeed" Croc threatens to turn the cards into origami, and a few more cards get frogged... Alice finally finds the ice key ("Hawk's magic made me remember what key it was") and tosses it, a pretty risky proposition, but we get a first-person view of Rose skating past some guards before then showing her jump in her skates to nab the key... R: "You didn't remember the key to the Snow Kingdom is made of ice?" Next step is to find a tree with a keyhole to use the key, and Rose skates off to look for it, as Hattie uses his hat to slice off a corner from one of the guards... After a pretty short search, Rose quickly finds the tree and opens it with the key to create a portal, and the rest of Team Rose sprint through the tree portal, while the Pompoms, who have been absent since the bus crash, jump out from a bush to join them (even getting a lift from Hawk zooming by courtesy of his Snow Magic)
- Alice and friends show up wave Rose goodbye... Rose doesn't want to leave Alice behind, but Alice tells Rose she knows how to face the card guards and the queen... R: "Are you sure?... You're my hero!" Alice: "You have to save all the Fairy Tale Land from the Snow Queen. YOU are my hero" Rose and Alice share a hug, and when Rose holds out the key to return it to Alice, of course Alice has Rose keep the key for her collection... you'd think she'd be a bit more clingy about it... A card is about to tackle the two, so Alice quickly pushes Rose into the portal, where on the other side, the gang is shivering as they discover that there's a labyrinth between them and SQ's castle... R: "Pumpkin seeds!"

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Jan 19 2019, 4:45 PM
Post #54

Bloomix Fairy

Time to close out Season 2...

Episode 26: The Snow Kingdom
Spoiler!
- Welcome to the Snow Kingdom, where Team Rose now finds themselves at the entrance of an ice maze, the the Snow Queen's castle on the other side. Astoria is like "Seriously?" but Rose runs in all "It's just a teeny ice maze!" with a cackle like laugh, and Travis just shrugs as the rest of the team follows... Hawk tries one path at random, and it gets them nowhere. Lingling relishes the challenge of navigating a labyrinth, and Rose has an idea of how to pick their next path... tossing a Pompom (yes, they're still following the team) up into the air to point the next direction LOL. Meanwhile at the palace, Kira spots Team Rose but SQ reassures her: "What a shame they don't know... they've already lost" We'll find out why in just a bit...
- Back to Team Rose, Rose tosses up the Pompoms to find a path again, and comes up empty with the first two, and gets beaned by the third who, however, does have a route... As they're walking around, Rose says this maze is "wall to wall super crazy bad stuff" and asks "Why not summon our family items now?" A: "Rose! We don't have time for... Wait! That's a really good idea actually!" Rose and Joy flash synchronized wide grins LOL. So anyways, the gang decides to bring out their magical items, in sequences styled like their transformations, even using the usual transformation music in the background...
- Rose recommends Joy to use her item, using fireflies to scout out the path ahead to look for traps (looks like there's been a last second change to Rose's dialog, changing it to typical Rose laughter) Sure enough, they find a trap, and Travis being Travis, he takes a look and promptly gets blasted by wind into a pile of snow LOL Hawk goes ahead with his shield, and deflects the wind blast to shatter one of the walls to clear a new path... Joy's bugs fly ahead to an ice wall and return to her, and Joy reveals that there's no way around the wall...
- After an interlude of Pompoms looking at their reflections in ice, Astoria decides to use her fire bangles on the ice wall to reveal a new room, where there's a spinning rock pillar floating over a chasm (similar to Winx 7x15) with the symbols of the families on it, but Hawk notices there are 7 symbols, while there are just 6 of them (the extraneous symbol is a snowflake in a globe, and just in case you haven't figured it out, they've made a point of showing that symbol during Kira and SQ's little chat; this will be important) Blizzard shows up to attack, and after some shielding with Hawk's mirror shield and Astoria's fire bangles, Astoria disables him temporarily by tossing the fire bangles right into Blizzard's mouth, before even making a one-liner: "His throat is a bit singed" Somehow, he gets a boost from his family's symbol and coughs the bangles back at Astoria, leading to a bit of action on the precarious web of narrow paths overlooking the chasm... LL and Astoria realize that this is the Snow Queen's guardian dragon, and like their dragons can use their family's magic (this will be important) Travis knocks him with a tornado into the floating stone thing, before Joy affixes him to the paths with sticky bugs... Astoria rushes in to continue attacking Blizzard, but Rose stops her, and points out the Blizzard is "just helping the Snow Queen, the way our dragons help us" A: "Rose is right, it's not his fault" Blizzard eventually breaks free and flies out, and a wall comes down to reveal what looks to be the entrance to the castle (the effect makes it look like the wall is an illusion or something, but otherwise it just looks chintzy)
- Throne room... Team Rose enters and spots the snow globes. Astoria exposits that they'll need to combine their family magic to open the globes, but the Pompoms are warning them about something... Enter SQ: "You didn't think it would be so easy, did you?" SQ attacks and Hawk covers with his shield, and the gang hides behind an ice wall... R: "She must be worried. She knows we can beat her if we combine all our magic" A: "That would explain why she's always trying to destroy our families" As Kira quietly sneaks into the room, Hawk decides they need a distraction... Kira and SQ silently attempt to gang up on Team Rose with their respective magic, but by then they've gotten away from behind the ice wall...
- Team Rose stands at the snowglobe shelf and decides to use their family items and combine their powers on the shelf... to no avail (!) SQ: "Sorry, your combo magic won't stop me after all!" SQ starts attacking Team Rose and Rose realizes that there are 7 great fairy tale families, just like the symbols on the stone pillar; no prizes for guessing who's #7... SQ continues trying to pick off Team Rose as she exposits: "That's right, my family was once part of your little group, but I think your grandparents were jealous of me" A: "Or, maybe you felt the families should dominate the Fairy Tale Land" SQ answers by freezing Astoria's legs in place, and incredibly, the motivation exposition keeps going during the fight... LL: "And rule with an iron fist" SQ freezes her feet as well, leaving her in an awkward position R: "So you got kicked out" SQ: "Something like that" Travis is next to get his feet frozen but still adds: "That's why you hate our families so much" And that's also why they can't combine the great families' powers... "because one of them is us" Kira: "So you lose!" SQ and daughter pick off Joy and Hawk, leaving Rose as the last one remaining... Desperately thinking of anything she can do about the situation, she sees SQ approaching her as Kira's about to collect her in her snowglobe... and quickly grabs SQ so they both end up in the snowglobe (!)
- Team Rose is shocked at this, as the ice cubes on half the team's feet evaporate... Astoria stops Hawk from throttling Kira or whatever to reassure that Rose can handle SQ on her own, and LL adds: "And escape the globe... We have to trust her" H: "Either way, we've got our fight" Kira looks nervous as we zoom into her snowglobe... Inside the snowglobe, Rose discovers her slippers are gone and she landed on her wand, and Rose tries to summon her slippers again to no avail as SQ shows up: "Foolish Cinderella, your family magic can't help you inside my snowglobe" R: "But I still have Pumpkin Magic, and it's all mine!" Rose conjures up a drag car (SQ: "How cute, she thinks she can challenge me") but it doesn't start in the cold and it gets zapped by SQ, so Rose has to quickly abandon it before she gets encased in ice along with it... After being chased for a bit (not much room to run in a snowglobe, after all) Rose trips and stumbles and SQ ice cubes most of her body (the "sky" remains static as we're panning around the ice cube) SQ: "You have no chance little Cinderella, you're alone" R: "If I'm stuck, then the teachers, and my mom, are stuck too... forever" SQ gets ready to ice her even more when Rose looks at her damaged wand... R: "You forget, Snow Queen, that I am never alone... I've got my Pompoms!" Rose starts shaking her wand again and breaks out of the ice, and just like last time her wand got damaged, her magic coalesces into Pompoms (huh, didn't expect they'd remember that) who proceed to tackle SQ into losing her wand, which then gets punted away...
- Looks like Rose is filling the globe with the Pompoms, and Rose hears a telltale groan: "Uh, what was that?" SQ: "I designed these snowglobes to hold my prisoners, but there's definitely too many of us in here" The Pompoms continue filling the snowglobe, as we cut back outside, where Kira is hanging upside down from a vine, and Travis is looking at the snowglobe when he starts noticing it glowing: "Hey, do the snowglobes always glow like this?" Then he starts noticing it fill up with Pompoms, and Hawk tells everyone to hit the deck... Travis tosses the snowglobe up as it explodes, releasing a ton of Pompoms... so yeah, Rose blows up the snowglobe by flooding it with Pompoms, and she's standing on top of SQ... R: "Did you see that? That was crazy!" And so is the way Rose is waving her arms LOL. Astoria ensnares SQ in another vine... K: "Bravo, but you still lose"
- Back to the issue at hand: Team Rose being stuck without SQ's family magic, a fact that SQ reminds us of again... Of course Kira tries to use it as a bribe to get Rose to free her and SQ, and of course Hawk says it's obviously a trap... R: "Maybe, but you're right, who else could help us?" Kira whistles to call in Blizzard, who roars at some of the newly-released Pompoms... K: "Blizzard, free us. Let's squish these would-be heroes" T: "Things were going so well for a second there"
- Blizzard is clearly conflicted about this, as he walks over to Team Rose and SQ asks: "What are you waiting for?" Blizzard ends up siding with Rose, stunning both SQ and Kira, as Kira falls from the vine LOL. H: "Looks like you made a friend Rose" R: "I think he wants to help us" Astoria points out that maybe he can, as she reminds us that Blizzard can use SQ's family magic. SQ incredulously says "What?!?" and hops over in her vines to try to forbid it, but ends up quickly hopping back LOL. Team Rose lines up to try again, this time with Blizzard behind them, and this time, Blizzard helps them succeed as the snowglobes release their prisoners, not just the teachers, but also Clara, Sheriff Riding Hood, and a bunch of students (pretty sure she only picked off a grand total of three) The tied-up evil mother and daughter are left to scream "Argh!" as Rose gets cheek kisses from both her mom and granny...
- Back to RegAc, where Vicky and Cyrus are still holding down the fort... Vicky is standing on top of Finn: "So glad I decided everyone would take the essay test while at a dead sprint" Cyrus is hugging Vicky's leg: "You're the headmistress of my dreams" Students: *ew* Gerald comes in to tell everyone the good news, and Finn gets up, throwing Vicky aside LOL. Vicky to Gerald: "What's going on? Headmistress Vicky did not dismiss you!" Looks like Rose and gang got a ride from Blizzard coming home (along with Grannies Cinderella and Snow White), and the students cheer, as Rose has Blizzard go get the campus dragons to help with the task. Vicky seems incredulous at their return, but even more incredulously, Cinderella and Snow White give Vicky praise for taking care of the school in their absence. T: "So of course that happens" A: facepalm plus fainting...
- Side note: when S2 began, at least one fan was hoping that the season would end with Vicky getting encased in a snowglobe... Instead, she's completely detached from the climactic action, and just like last season, the RegAc TPTB have no reason to deal with her the way they should (which really can put a damper on one's enjoyment of a story) At least with the Winx, there's always been this sense that the Trix get what's coming to them...
- Quick pumpkin transition takes us to the grand ball, with an instrumental of Best of Me (1x13) playing. Grandpa LeFrog to Joy: "When I wasn't looking, you've become a real fairy tale hero" J: "Grandpa, you're embarrassing me" Meanwhile, Clara and Cinderella are dragging Rose to the ball (a la this timely GIF LOL) and Fala is sharing stories on Hawk's childhood with him (including a frozen diaper LOL) Snow White comes in to officially start the ball... and Hawk is really ticked off that Fala is accepting dances from other randos instead of her own brother...
- Alicia is chatting with Sean and Odette: "So Gerald can't dance... who better to teach him?" Astoria approaches Sean: "Excuse me, but speaking of dancing..." Sean: "Are you asking me to dance?" A: "I sure am, and I'm not afraid to admit it" Astoria dances with Sean, leading to a Rapunzel fist pump (wonder if the Disney version has ever done that icon_wink.gif) The two students who got snowglobed back in 2x01 are chatting with LL, and the pink-haired one asks what's been going on between her and Travis while they were away... LL: "I... don't know, he was supposed to be here" The other one, with the duck beak (LOL): "Oh yeah, I haven't seen him yet" LL: "And I looked everywhere" LL hears Travis calls out to her, as he changes form, because it happens to be a full moon as well, and we all know what that means: Travis turns into that Sirenix Stormy lookalike we saw back when they studied at Ironfan's palace (so they're remembering this and leaving Twinnie Ironfan, from the same episode even, on the table? Okayyyy...)
- At this point a new song starts up, and the other students (even Gerald) join in the dancing... Chad and Brad are dancing with each other (HEH) while Violet Ogre bumps Leena to the ground LOL. Fala spots Rose and Hawk, and you can probably guess what she does: Pair them up to dance icon_smile.gif As they're all dancing away, Fala walks over to a balcony, hair blowing in the wind: "And they'll live happily ever after!" We pan up to the moon as fireworks go off and we fade to black... Except that we still have about another half minute left: At her mom's palace, Kira swears to destroy Rose Cinderella, and SQ threatens to turn Fairy Tale Land into a "frozen wasteland devoid of life" (her words) SQ swears "We'll have our revenge!"... as we pull out from her castle to show that it's encased within a snowglobe in Rose's collection in her room, before we end with a pull out from Rose's house (replete with the usual Not!Gardenia establishing shot music)

So, that's another season in the books... final thoughts:
The good:
- Improved animation style
- Interesting main villains (though it makes no sense that the daughter of one of the great family matriarchs should be going to school with the grandchildren of the others)
- Nice amounts of humor, and good songs
The not so good:
- The Pompoms, reminding me a bit too much of the Minions (though not as in your face)
- Completely sidelining Vicky from the climax and keeping her from being punished
- Though minor, setting up Twinnie Ironfan as a threat and then completely ignoring her
The in between:
- Trying to Winx-ify Team Rose, with their new outfits and all (random thought: the boys' outfits are blue and red like the Specialists and Paladins, probably not a coincidence)
- The family items concept
- Trying to pair off all the girls (though Sean looks okay enough)

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Aug 17 2022, 2:18 PM
Post #55

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Hooo boy. I wanted to like this show so much, but it's not happening. I am about halfway through Season 1 currently, and I want to punch Rose everytime I see her. (Was that too harsh? 😅)

It's hard for me to watch this series and it's 99% due to Rose alone. Her excessively overactive "enthusiasm" is obnoxious, disrespectful, and sometimes downright dangerous. Can no one put this girl in time out?! Can she have an arc to become less annoying? Why hasn't she been dismissed by her classmates or teachers yet for causing a nuisance every day, yet never seeming to learn from her mistakes? Like ever... Main characters like this are practically villains for me.

The other issues I have with show pale in comparison, but they are there. For the English version specifically the jokes fall flat half of the time and the dialogue is uninteresting. Sometimes a clever thing is said, but it's the exception.

Surprisingly the voice acting is okay. Not great, but not bad. The show has distinctive differences between character voices which I appreciate. But the show still suffers from bad dialogue.

Actually, one voice is super grating. The Stella/Rose character is over the top constantly. It's okay to have Stella outbursts once in a while, but not ALL the time. Killing a good thing there.

The consistency is lacking in the show. Too many times the show bible says one thing regarding a magical item or creature, only to change it in another episode.

Overall this is one of those shows I watch for the small entertainment and fairy tale aspects.

Astoria, Hawk, and Travis are interesting. Joy is okay at times? But sometimes she falls into the Rose category of randomness.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 5:38 PM