Add Reply
> Piercing
jsispitz
post Apr 27 2009, 3:46 PM
Post #21

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

QUOTE (terriordx32 @ Apr 27 2009, 08:47 AM) *
im thinking about gettin my lip pierce, but my family and friends are kinda against it...but idk...im still thinking

Well, as long as you're really sure that you want it before you get it :3

Maybe purchase a fake one first just to see what it's like?

--------------------

...Well isn't that...special...
Go to the top of the page
Another Morning
post Apr 27 2009, 10:09 PM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Hmm, so Jay (which I hope you don't mind if I call you because I'm terrible lazy and give nicknames to everyone), in your experience, how hard/easy is it to keep piercings from getting infected? Does the location make it harder? Like I said, I'd really like to get a lip, tongue, or nose piercing, but I'm worried that it would be too easy for them to get infected.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
jsispitz
post Apr 27 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #23

Bloomix Fairy

QUOTE (Another Morning @ Apr 27 2009, 04:09 PM) *
Hmm, so Jay (which I hope you don't mind if I call you because I'm terrible lazy and give nicknames to everyone), in your experience, how hard/easy is it to keep piercings from getting infected? Does the location make it harder? Like I said, I'd really like to get a lip, tongue, or nose piercing, but I'm worried that it would be too easy for them to get infected.

*does Jay mean me? xD*

Funny story. I got my labret pierced about a month after my eyebrow (which was still pussing a little at the time) but they both healed at around the same time. I guess it's different for everyone, but I've read that with a lot of people piercings in the mouth will heal faster than other ones. Wouldn't hold me to this though, cuz I could just be a freak of nature here ^^;

As long as you take the proper precautions and clean them on a daily basis (sea salt in water has worked well for me), they should heal just fine. But the big thing is making sure the person doing the work uses sterilized equipment and that they wear clean gloves. A lot of people with horror stories have had their work done by individuals who don't know what they're doing and use dirty equipment (like reusing needles. If a needle is brand new, it should be coming fresh right out of a package and once done with be properly disposed of in a bio hazard container).

Umm...I think that's all I have for now. Sorry if it just sounds like mindless rambling ^^;.

--------------------

Another Morning
post Apr 27 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, Jay is you XD

Naw, that all makes sense. I knew that maintenance would play a big part in infection prevention, and finding a trustworthy place to get it done. So how did you find a good place that you knew would be safe? And if you have a nose, eyebrow, cartilage, or lip piercing already, what are some of the side effects you dealt with?

Sorry if I'm bombarding you with questions XD I just like to gather as much information as I can from different people before making decisions...

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
jsispitz
post Apr 27 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #25

Bloomix Fairy

QUOTE (Another Morning @ Apr 27 2009, 04:50 PM) *
Yeah, Jay is you XD

Naw, that all makes sense. I knew that maintenance would play a big part in infection prevention, and finding a trustworthy place to get it done. So how did you find a good place that you knew would be safe? And if you have a nose, eyebrow, cartilage, or lip piercing already, what are some of the side effects you dealt with?

Sorry if I'm bombarding you with questions XD I just like to gather as much information as I can from different people before making decisions...

Hmm, that part could be harder.

The place in town where I get my work done I went in and asked questions first before I even considered it.

I'll be moving to a city nearby in the fall where there are more places to get work done. By word of mouth mainly I've been told to avoid a few places. But there is one where I went in just to check it out. The place was so clean, you had to take your shoes off at the door and wear little paper booties to walk around in. Plus, one of the tattoo artists is a guy who actually works the the health department.

Best thing to do is ask questions and check out the facilities.

With my nose I used to wear something like a little hook, not a straight bar like I do now, and I had a habit of playing with it. So I had pieces of dry skin peeling off my nose for a while...Plus, when I had a cold in the first few months after I was so paranoid about the hole disappearing that I was cleaning my nose out with a q-tip xD

My eyebrow has gotten caught on a few things, but never ripped out. I know a few people who have had them ripped though *but they have little children that like shiny objects!*

My ear cartilage was just sore for a few weeks, nothing major.

I don't have my lip done, but people who are worried about their teeth should probably avoid anything in the mouth area. I used to grind my teeth as a kid, now that it's healed at night I take the labret out so I don't play with it in my sleep. Some people with piercings in the mouth area can receive damage to their gums and teeth from playing with them too much. I can see it being a problem for anyone interested in medusa's, marylin's, or snake bites also.

Ha! I don't mind, asking questions is the smart thing to do!

--------------------

Another Morning
post Apr 27 2009, 11:32 PM
Post #26

Cosmix Fairy

Alright, thanks a lot! =D I know some people who have gotten some of the piercings I want, so I'll ask them about where they got them done.

--------------------

W.I.N.X
post Jun 26 2012, 3:25 AM
Post #27

Cosmix Fairy

Um reviving this just because I've turned into a piercing fan whoops, who's gotten more piercings (and it's honestly not that many) than her Catholic School technically allows and plans to get about a million more and IDK it's a fun topic yes. So basically so far I have firsts, seconds, helix and my nose pierced, so only six as of yet, but I'm planning to get more once I've finished school and made more money.

I plan to get my tragus pierced in October because my local piercer will do a basic piercing for free on your birthday. Then I plan to get thirds, but I've found the earlobes the hardest part to hide because my hair doesn't go that low when tied up for school. Like, with the nose, I got a clear stud, so it sort of looks like a pimple if you put a bit of bandaid over it, and the tragus should be the same. Thirds I'll probably get done in December or something, since at my school they only allow one lobe piercing in each ear and already get up at me for having two, and my first holes which I got when I was ten still close up if I leave them out too long, and I only got the seconds a few months ago, so they definitely would.

Then after school I plan to get a trilex helix piercing, which is three helix piercings measured out exactly so that you can put in special jewellery like spirals and stuff (think this: http://www.piercingplanet.com.au/sites/def...ges/trilex.jpg) but I already have enough trouble hiding my first helix, and I don't have enough hair to cover that low down the ear on that side (I have fringey bits that cover my tragus, so I'd be able to get that done no problem, but my fringey bits don't cover the back of the ear. Um yay for box fringes with the bits down the sides?).

I don't know about facial/oral piercings as my mother said definitely not while I'm still in school and not 18, but when I'm 18 I can get what I want so I'd want some kind of lip piercing but I can't decide. I like monroes, labrets or any other lower lip piercing. I'd only want one piercing on my lower lip though, I don't like snakebites, but maybe a monroe on one side and a lower lip piercing on the other or a monroe and a labret? Eeek Idk so many options I just like piercings okay tumblr did it and so did my friends.

I don't really like any other facial piercings, but I could always get the other side of my nose done but I don't think I would do that bc I prefer just one side being done. Septum I don't think I'd do because I like the feminine piercings, but I've seen some girls pull it off femininely so I'd still consider that one. As for other facial piercings like eyebrow, I'm too squeamish. I'd be too squeamish for a tongue piercing as well, and I'm not a huge fan of tongue piercings. Then belly button piercings aren't for me because I'm frankly not skinny enough to pull it off. Then you've got other weird body piercings, but I wouldn't leave the head in terms of piercings. I've heard horror stories about dermals/surface piercings.

The other facial piercings, as well as the trilex (and possibly even the thirds if school are a huge pain about it) obviously wouldn't come before I was out of school and 18 though whoops just a year and a half. Okay enough of my rambling I just revived this thread because I wanted to put all my thoughts on what piercings I want down somewhere whoops.

This post has been edited by W.I.N.X: Jun 26 2012, 3:33 AM

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
dittadulla
post Jun 26 2012, 5:39 PM
Post #28

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I used to be really prejudiced against piercings that are not on your ears, I just thought they looked a bit weird! But I think they actually look cool now, as long as it's not overdone, haha. I saw a woman once who had way too many piercings going on, it just stops looking good and starts getting really distracting and pretty unattractive!

I only have the standard earlobe piercings, one in each ear. But a LOT of my friends have gotten seconds and cartilage (spelling?) piercings too, and it looks really good so I really want too haha... plus there are really cool earrings available that go in a chain from your lobe to your cartilage piercing (also available with earcuffs, but the cuffs keep slipping even though i love them........) like these http://www.simplyyj.com/doublecartilagepiercingearrings

Anything away from the ear would definitely not be for me personally though! Tounge piercings have me shuddering, I've heard many horror stories regarding that one! Looks nice on other people though, haha.

--------------------

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 6:27 PM