2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Add Reply
> 2012 Summer Olympics
Abby
post Aug 4 2012, 1:04 AM
Post #21

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I'm not since China doesn't have a super strong track team and those events are starting so I just figured we would eventually pass them up.

My favorite athlete has been Ryan Lochte but now swimming is almost over icon_sad.gif
Go to the top of the page
dittadulla
post Aug 5 2012, 4:38 PM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I'm just really over the moon right now because Iceland beat France at handball last night!! (France was the team that we lost the gold medal to four years ago, and we lost to them in the world championship too) im excite

I love watching most of the sports though!! I just tend to watch whatever is on when I have spare time (like Abby said) but it's all just as exciting even if my country has a very small number of athletes at the games (and pretty mediocre ones too, save for handball). My favourite is when they beat world records!! It just makes me so happy for them omg

--------------------
Abby
post Aug 6 2012, 3:21 PM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy

Handball is intense, I was watching it the other day and it's crazy. It sucks that they are almost over, and also that they were in London this time. I might go to the next ones since I hope to have enough money to by then but I would rather have gone to London than to Rio.
dittadulla
post Aug 6 2012, 9:49 PM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

There's so much happening at once in handball! I found out that I really love watching it even when Iceland isn't playing!

I'm pretty bummed out by the fact that the olympics probably won't be closer to me than this for a really long time, double the effort if I'd ever want to go ): But I'd bet that Rio would be a great experience by itself, if not just for the olympics! With London you wouldnt get the exotic culture change or stuff like that? London seems pretty within a certain comfort zone (or maybe it's just me, even thought I've never been there), unless that's what you'd prefer, staying in the comfort zone.

--------------------
Abby
post Aug 9 2012, 7:46 PM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

I think Rio would be cooler to get a more different culture than my own firsthand, but I've always wanted to go to England it's like a dream of mine to move and live there permanently since I don't think that it is so different from American life (at least that is my impression, the only time I went there was when I was 3 so I don't remember much).

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 4:09 AM