Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Footy vs. Football, australia for host of World cup 2018??
{§hani}
post Jul 4 2010, 7:10 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

argh im from australia as ya'll know and so we have this (in my opinion) crappy game called "Footy" of which has replaced the word "football" and forced actuall football to be called "Soccor". Lame really since were the only country other than U.S who does that.

Now that isnt the point of this topic my point is that Australia has been put up as a possible
host for the 2018 World Cup. That would be awsome since we've never hosted it before.
But because of footy we might not be able too. They reluctantly said "We have all stadiums
booked for the next 30 years" so the only real was Melbourne will be hosting is if they
pay millions for a stadium. THATS JUST WRONG!

i mean cant we swallow our pride for a second so we can host the most important universal
games for a year? aparently not. footy is evil in my yes and even stops music.
ACDC (a renound rock band) couldnt peform and had to change dates because aparently
they'd been booked for a stadium the same day. Cant footy rescedule?
this boils my kettle. since footy is just an australian sport and we could be benifiting alot of money
from the world games and tourism. aprently melbournes schedule is too full for that.

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Jul 4 2010, 7:48 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

(please avoid the C word)

I know what you mean about the confusion it causes by changes to the name. I think Australia's big problem will be its not the major sport and if they cannot uses stadiums which need to meet a certain conditions to meet FIFA requirements.

Also you are competing with Spain (with some great and famous stadiums:New Camp, Bernabou etc) and Russia. Then there is also England who I want to win for numerous reasons
1 thats where I live
2 Maybe Liverpool could use it to get a bigger stadium to replace Anfield
3 England are in the same position as Spain with Anfield, Old Trafford, Wembly

On a note I am biased towards England

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
{§hani}
post Jul 6 2010, 8:46 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

(sorry)

and yeah Football just really isnt that big here, especially how they lost this year... i guess they really like winning and when it comes to losing they lose interest? well thats what i believe it looks like.
i hope spain gets it lawl, and yeah baised opinion also because of my aunty living there. But um i really hope its not in australia. It wouldnt be as big as it should be, its in Brazil next year right?

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
mightymarty2
post Jul 6 2010, 9:06 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Yep in 4 years time its Brazil

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 8:49 AM