Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> 2010 Winter Olympics, Has anyone been watching it?
Boo
post Feb 28 2010, 3:21 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

So, I'm not an Olympics-buff or anything; definitely not a genius when it comes to the events, but I have really been enjoying the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. I want to say I enjoyed the winter games far better than the summer games, as they just seem more, well, extreme (I would never, ever even attempt some of the sports.)

So I was wondering if anyone else has been watching it? I personally love the figure skating (how about that Evan Lysacek?); both the mens' and the womens'. :) Some of the stories this year have also been quite memorable and discussion-worthy (such as that of Joannie Rochette, from Canada).

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
Go to the top of the page
Abdu 6b
post Feb 28 2010, 3:52 AM
Post #2

Tynix Fairy

Group: Members

I have 66 (looks like I have long eyebrows 66)

--------------------
Thank you Shaylo for the awesome signature.
{§hani}
post Feb 28 2010, 8:20 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

i don t really like the olympics and such but ive been watching the iceskating and i really like it actually icon_biggrin.gif its so delicate and smooth.

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
fullmoon
post Feb 28 2010, 8:28 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Usually I watch the olympics online. I have to say that Kim Yuna's performance was beautiful though. All of the figure skaters were great. If only I was that flexible. ^^

--------------------

I am not WEIRDhopefullyI think

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
winxclubrox23
post Mar 1 2010, 1:12 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Woo, I've been basically been doing nothing but watch them as I've been pretty sick.

But yeah, some very exciting stuff. Like today, that Gold Medal game? Holy bananas.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
humbu111
post Mar 1 2010, 2:01 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

I watched a bit here and there. And yeah wow Tea that game was intense ! Tied up and sent to overtime with 24 seconds left in the game.

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

winxclubrox23
post Mar 1 2010, 4:26 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

I know! Intense stuff.

The closing ceremonies was highly entertaining. They like, went though every Canadian artist and band there is. Well...not everyone, but close to it. I have to admit I was surprised they didn't have Celine Dion perform. She seems to always perform at every Canadian special event.

--------------------

Boo
post Mar 3 2010, 2:51 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Awww, I hope you get better soon, Tea. icon_sad.gif

QUOTE (humbu111 @ Mar 1 2010, 02:01 AM) *
I watched a bit here and there. And yeah wow Tea that game was intense ! Tied up and sent to overtime with 24 seconds left in the game.

... hockey?
I have heard it was a great game. ^_^

QUOTE (fullmoon @ Feb 28 2010, 08:28 PM) *
Usually I watch the olympics online. I have to say that Kim Yuna's performance was beautiful though. All of the figure skaters were great. If only I was that flexible. ^^

I totally agree: it was a program completely devoid of flaws (both the long and short program). Definitely deserved the gold. ^_^

After watching both the opening and closing ceremonies, I have an urge to either go to or move to Canada. icon_mrgreen.gif The poet (another talent found on Youtube) during the opening ceremony particularly persuaded me. He was just so very passionate when he spoke of his country. :)

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
winxclubrox23
post Mar 3 2010, 4:49 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Indeed. 'Twas an amazing game. My dad got this stat off of I think the official Olympic website, and it said that 80% of all of Canada watched at least part of that game.

Aw, I never saw the opening ceremonies! I went to go see Percy Jackson instead, though according to my family, it was much better than the closing.

--------------------

Oscarbak
post Mar 20 2015, 12:57 AM
Post #10

Earth Girl

Group: New Members

I actually do like the winter olympics, though I know most people don't get into them.

I also enjoy watching olympic curling. I know, I'm awful, but I'm being serious. It's not the most exciting sure but I'll watch it when it's on. Seriously have you ever seen German curling? They get really intense it's actually pretty funny.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:10 AM