Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Impressions Of The "improved" 360 Dashboard, wait you got Nintendo/Sony in my xbox!
Asher Omega
post Nov 19 2008, 11:41 PM
Post #1

Butterflix Fairy

Group: Members

Yes people I own a 360. I just don't have a lot of games for it. I probably have more if I actually had money for things like Infinite Undiscovery, Dead Rising (I really want to own it), and a few others I can't remember. not Halo thought, I have Half Life 2 and Bioshock for my FPS fix.

Today was the dashboard overhaul, which I thought was going to take five hours to do, and I can say its a bit more fluid, but its still a bit clunky. the up-down is now for used for the Tabs (in the old style of the system) while the left right is used for specific areas of that Tab. so a lot of movements and really screw things up. but thats what the D-pad is for. I haven't checked out Live yet (since I only have a Silver account, and if you want it Pm me unless you're Treeghost. I'm banning you!).

Avatars. what can I say? Nintendo has the Miis. Playstation has Home, so Xbox had to do something to keep their players interested (not that they care, given that they only play Halo 3 death matches {I have a friend that can attest to this}). the Avatars are more realistic than Miis because they actually have hands and clothing styles. but they're more cartoonish than PS3 home because well Microsoft doesn't want to be too much. so its in between the two. I do however like the ability to actually give a lot more choices than nintendo, but i have a feeling that xbox is going to follow ps3 in the ability to download more content for its Avatar selections.

for the most part, I'm liking the new look, but I'm still a bit worried about it. given that this was a complete Overhaul of the 360's own customized OS, it kinda makes me worried. I'll wait and see.

and yes the new dashboard looks like someone took the menu system from the PS3/PSP and mashed in Nintendo's Channel Menu.

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
Go to the top of the page
MorriganAensland
post Nov 20 2008, 1:44 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Oh, aesthetics are good and all, so that's nice. Hope you enjoy your XBOX... I keep putting back buying a Wii even though there's plenty of games I want to play, like No More Heroes. V_V

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Ranma
post Nov 20 2008, 3:25 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

I have a wii, but I don't have No More Heroes... I want it but I'm poor.

I'm not connected to live so I don't have the 360 upgrade yet. I'm kind of worried about it.

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Nov 20 2008, 4:43 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I too have a Wii, though I make almost no use out of it. I would like to try out the new Wii Music game however.
Asher Omega
post Nov 20 2008, 7:48 AM
Post #5

Butterflix Fairy

I've messed around with it a bit more. so far I like it a lot more than the old way. you rarely leave the dashboard when checking things on XBLA. I can't test anything like playing online since I only have a silver account. but its a vast improvement over the old system.

on the install it took about five minutes to download and five to install. (it might take more for a slower connection. I've got cable). the only thing I dislike is that the OS now uses a Vista kernal instead of a XP one.

for the record I do own a Wii (if you want the friend code for it PM me). I'd also like a few games for it, like No More Heroes (since Suda 51 is starting on a SEQUEL!) and a few others. the only game system I don't have is the PS3. but its menu system is basically an upgraded PSP menu system I can compare the two.

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
Zhanneel
post Nov 20 2008, 2:38 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Heh heh, if I ever get onto my Wii to make a Mii and find my friend code I'll let you know =P. One other catchy feature I like about the Wii is the ability to download old tried and true snes/nes games. Sure I've got emulators, but it's so nostalgic to play them on an actual console.

I'm glad you're finding the improved 360 menu system to your tastes Asher ^^. Perhaps one of these days in the future I will have a 360 of my own. The far far future.
Zhanneel
post Dec 4 2008, 4:37 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I fear I shall be kicked out of the thread for this kawaii sacrilege xD

MorriganAensland
post Dec 4 2008, 5:11 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

No, you'll be kicked out for skinning Hello Kitty.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Zhanneel
post Dec 4 2008, 5:16 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Oo, that was a gruesome image. x_x

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 5:52 PM