Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> OMG NASTY!, Do not view if you are under 12.
wkw427
post Feb 17 2009, 2:00 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Moderator edit: due to the content of this, I'm putting on a 12+ warning. Hope this action is understandable.
So;
If you're under twelve, I reccomend you don't click the link or read this topic.

Do not view if you are under 12.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/...e-computer-game

Video game about rape, raping and forcing women to abort?

"If you allow the child to be born then the woman will throw you in front of a train!"
Just like real life..

wow. Just Wow

This post has been edited by Administrator: Feb 18 2009, 8:36 AM
Reason for edit: spoilerbox

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
Jahnavi
post Feb 17 2009, 2:45 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Yuck.
What kind of perverted game-designers would make something like that?! And I'm so glad that they pulled the plug on it, but why the heck was Amazon selling it in the first place? That is just sick and totally wrong. How in the world could anyone even think of buying that?

Also, WK, since there are a lot of young members on this board, maybe you should edit your post and put a warning on it. Or maybe a moderator or administrator could put a warning in the topic title. Because this stuff is quite inappropriate for little kids to read.

Oh, and should this be in the 'Games' section?

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
wkw427
post Feb 17 2009, 9:44 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

I agree on the warning; thanks.

Over in Japan, R rated stuff and nudity is accepted as a part of life. They are "lol" about it just as much as Americans "lol" over drugs and violence. THAT's why they sell dirty books in vending machines in Japan and whatnot

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Chioku
post Feb 17 2009, 9:46 PM
Post #4

Bloomix Fairy

True, I can't watch an anime without some sexual reference or brief nudity.

--------------------

P-girl
post Feb 17 2009, 9:48 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Aren't we kinda stereotyping now?
Zhanneel
post Feb 18 2009, 4:00 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

It's this crap from Japan that really gives anime, and its related media, a horrible name. I have to say Japan has lost a lot of respect from me personally because they tend to accept things of this nature too much. A while back I looked into why some parts of Japanese culture get into this **** and accept it, and after reading it the general reason they consistently cling to is that it is a preventative measure for things like that happening in real life. Right...and the game designers who make the graphics and the voice actors who agree to this are respectful of all people...I do not buy that. I would hope for a backlash by the female population but they don't seem concerned in the slightest. Perhaps it doesn't affect them in real life...I hope not anyway. I think it's ridiculous that game companies are allowed to make things of this nature. And are almost always one-sided: exploiting women. Different culture. Different way of dealing with it (or not caring at all perhaps).

Okay...fine...so it *may* stop some of the bad people from acting out. However, it also screws up younger children, teens, and adults (namely males) who get into that stuff by accident (or on purpose) and can ruin many people's lives. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be around the people who get into this stuff, wondering what they are thinking when they look at me. And it's creepy since I probably won't know if someone is, so it just makes me more and more wary of any guy who looks at me. If the only way they can think about women and the intimacy that comes with relationships is through watching horrible anime and playing disgusting games, then why would I want them in society with the rest of us? I'll stop here because this topic makes my blood boil.
P-girl
post Feb 18 2009, 8:14 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Yeah.
And don't forget, while Japanese media might be more violent then say..... Western animation. (And don't think we're all about Disney and Children's animation, my Childhood trauma came from an American cartoon called 'Heavy Metal' (I'm not posting links, heavens no, the way the main character dresses is enough to make Ivy green with envy. Point: twisted minds are all over the world, Japan's just more open in it.), Japan has a lesser degree of violence then America.
Administrator
post Feb 18 2009, 8:38 AM
Post #8

Mythix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Site Admins

QUOTE (wkw427 @ Feb 17 2009, 10:00 PM) *
Moderator edit: due to the content of this, I'm putting on a 12+ warning. Hope this action is understandable.

Added spoilerbox.

QUOTE (wkw427 @ Feb 17 2009, 10:00 PM) *
wow. Just Wow

The wow starts now! [/heh]

--------------------
mcfo...@live.com

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 14th June 2024 - 11:28 PM