Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Two of my oldest stories
wkw427
post Nov 10 2009, 1:12 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

I wrote these two stories a few years ao. The first one, well, was inspired by Banjo-Kazooie and POTC, the second one was my first attempt to write something dark and gruesome.

A Pirates Curse
Spoiler!
A Pirates Curse

I awoke suddenly last night with a scare. I just recalled me encounter with the tall sailor from my child hood. I looked up to him. He had a large chin, a blinding grin. His right eye was also covered with a leather patch, for reasons unknown to me at the time. What was his name? It was so long ago, I don’t remember. Righteye? Shiftyeye? No! It was Blackeye! He often told us children stories of hoe he discovered far away lands, fought powerful witches, and unlocked mystical powers.. Of course they were all stories, after all…

Part I
A Strange Sack…

Later that day, after having some eggs and bacon, with a swoosh of rum, I set out to the docks to do my daily work. My wife knows that I may be going away for a few months, but it isn’t anything new. After all, I am a sailor!

Down at the docks, I see my ship, the Trinity, awaiting to be loaded with cargo to sent to England. The crew knows it is a long and tough journey from the tropics to the homeland, but it always pays off. I see my first mate, Chad directing the loading of TNT into the main storage of the vessel.

“G’day, Chad. Gettin me ship loaded for the trip eh?” I say to him, still waking up with a bottle of rum in my hand.
“Aye cap’n. The crew is nothin today. They are as slow as a sailess ship, sir!” He says, looking over his charts. “We shoulda be finished last evenin is the guv didn’t interrupt us, sir!
“Rest easy, sailor.” I hand him my bottle of rum and he takes a swig of it and passes it back. “The guv stopped by me residence last night. He orders me to take a small sack sown south ‘for we go to England”
“What is in the sack?”
“Dunno. Forbidden to open it under threat of the gallows. That god damn crew is so slow! PICK UP THE PACE YE SCALLYWAGS!”

One person moans and drops a crate. It hops around for a few minutes and then explodes in the young boy’s face.

“Poor sap,” I say to myself “’e didn’t work. Disserved it.”
“Cap’n?” Chad asked to me as I turned around, heading for the pub.
“Ye?”
“How far south are we goin? Is it far?”
“Ney it will only take an hour, two at tops to get there. I just have to row ashore and pass the sack on”
“Aye, cap’n!”

Part II
Dream

“Aye boys! Sing it like ye’d pull a ladies skirt!” I yell, dancing with my pub buddies in a drunken haze.

Yo ho ho ‘an a bottle o rum! Ye cross me path I’ll blast yer bum! A Pirate a shipmate a cap’n I be! Don’t hold ye rum or Tee ye be! Harharhar!

“Sir? The Trinity is loaded. We are preparing to disembark.” One of the crewmembers say to me. I understood I was too drunk to navigate the ship.
“Aye tell Chad we go off in ye morning aye? Tis not the time to go asailing.” I say to the young lad. He was clearly scared to be in the pub.
“Yes sir.” And he hurries away our the door to the ship. Ah the days in my youth, listening to the stories of sea handed sailors and their adventures…

Now I donno if it was a drunkard’s dream or a revelation, but I had this dream once. Twas of something that man Black eye told me as a child. I fell asleep in the bar that night, in the same seat I sat at all me life and I remember that day.

June 17, 1503. I was just a small boy or nine or ten, but I spent most of my days working at the docks for coins that bought me bread and chocolate for the day. But that evenin that night, a tall pirate by the name of Blackeye was telling us young boys sea lore which he insisted was true.

“Arr me harties. Those whom have the eye of the witch ‘an go to sea, aye well ye won’t be seein em anymore!” The tall, robust pirate said to us boys sitting on the floor, passin a bottle of rum around.
“Cap’n? What would happen if someone went to sea with the eye?” A young boy of my age asked.
“Arr. Well the pets of Grunty attack their vessel! Some say they be giant anglerfish, or ghost ships. Or even Grunty ‘erself! Nobody knows..”
“Is it all true?” I ask.
“Ye bet me life on it! Tis the truth!” Blackeye says as he gets up, and nearly falls over. The thin, high voiced bartender beings him some seasick pills and he whispers something in Blackeyes ear.

“Wha?! She wants me ta go?! Now?! Oi! Fine fine tell ‘er I’m comin. Boys you remember this. Don’t go to sea with a severed eye, ye hear?” He says as he wobbles to the door. He passes a small sack to the bartender and says “The value of this here item will out weigh all the coins ya have from this hear establishment.”

Part III
The Encounter

The next morning I wake up with a blasting hangover. The old thin bartender with the high voice passes me some seasick pills and they seem to work. Anyway, I go out to my ship, the Trinity. She is the fastest ship of the Royal Fleet. The most well armed, also. Most merchant vessels aren’t well equipped to deal with the pirates, but with my wealth, I proved otherwise.

I board my ship, checking the decks, the cannons, and the crew. All is in fine order. The TNT boxes are stored properly—tied up to prevent a hopping escape.

“Prepare to set sail! Into the open waters boys! Time is money!” I holler from the wheel of the ship.

But just then the clouds on the horizon turn black. No, not the clouds. Tis smoke! A ship is on fire!
“Aye men we must get to the ship! Loot it all ye want, save the people on her aye!” I holler, trying to get a good look at the poor vessel. Tis it fire? Ney.. Looks more like… towers? Of what ship? What ship in the Royal Fleet has two towers…

After a few minutes of sailing, we get a closer view of the ship. Looking through my scope, I recognize a man on board. Tis Balckeye with a stout woman with only one eye. The ship is strange in color and shape. It has no sails, it is of a deep red tint with brown stains, and onboard are cannons. Atleast eighty. The ship turned and fired!

The men aboard panicked. The stupid boys! They are not fit for the sea if they can not withstand ship to ship combat!

“Fools! Do not run round the poop deck! Fire a broadside! Turn starboard! Now don’t just sit there and cry!!” I shout to no avail. They do not even know how to fire a cannon!!

We are taking on water! I am doing nothing but looking at that ship. Two towers, no sails, long in shape and hight.. I saw this vessel once before, but I do not remember where. I can not help but ponder about the eyeless woman. But then I understand!!

I run to my quarters, go through my clothes until I find it! The sack the guv requested me to transport! Before opening it I just think. Could this be.. the eye? No it was only a story..
But then I open it. More or less it falls to the floor and an eye the size of a mans fist rolls out and stairs at me! What to do!? I have the Eye of Grunty! The Trinity will be going down to Davy Jones Locker! What creatures lurk in the depths.. I pick it up and put it in the sack. I turn around and what on god’s green earth?! A short round woman in a pointed hat! She is eyeless. I can not speak for my life. I just hold out my hand with the sack in it, trembling. She takes it, opens it out and looks at the eye. Without hesitation, she wipes it on her dress and plops it back into her head!

“You have been spared. But your crew and this ship are not so lucky.” She says, vanishing in a puff of green smoke.

I run outside and jump into the small life boat. Dozens men jumping overboard, but to no avail! A loud WHOOSH and they are sucked into the depths! What is it?! A giant anglerfish, the size of a house eating my men! What am I to do?! That ship in the distance is wreaking havoc on my precious Trinity, and the port alike! It is no ordinary ship! Twas a ghost ship.

I wake up a few hours later. The barrages of cannonballs have stopped, but the ship is still in view. It appears to be leaving. As I fully come to, I hear the cackle of the eyeless woman.

“We will meet again, captain! You will not be left alone for the rest of your life!”

Lightning followed, and the ship vanished. But the damage taken to the port is extreme. It will take many weeks to repair it. But nothing can repair the lives lost that night to the metallic ship…

End

Cold Night
Spoiler!
Cold Night

Rain. Nothing but rain for the past week. The sewers are clogged, sidewalks soaked, but, as living in a city, one can’t own a car. Only subways and busses. As if they weren’t crowded.

Margaret’s father was a very pious man at the age of 94. Religion and superstition ruled his life. Maybe that is how he lived so long. But for the past 15 years, she has been taking care of him in her apartment in New York.

Rain. Her father said it was going to rain. He knew these things. His bones creaked, he knew it would get warm. He got a cough, and it was going to get warm. Most of the time he was right. Without him, Margaret would be lost.

The other night, her farther woke up screaming in the middle of the night. A heart attack? No. was he ill? He hasn’t been ill for years. No. it was simply a bad dream, or a vision, as he called it. He said the lord was on his side, but would not act on his accord. Margaret thought he just had too much soda.

Today is Wednesday. Shopping day. The shelves were bare, and food needed to be bought. Today, however, Margaret didn’t feel alright leaving her father alone. This time, of all. Her work at the office kept her away from him for long hours, days sometimes. But now it just didn’t feel right. But food needed to be bought or they both would go hungry.

It was raining. All day. For nearly a week. Water pouring, puddles splashing. Everything was gloomy and grey. But work needed to be work and food needed to be bought. So after work at 7 in the evening, Margaret went to shop.

Only two large bags, only what she could carry was bought. It lasted her and her father a week. They didn’t eat much. She eats out a lot and her father enjoys TV dinners. It was raining, and she had two large, unshielded bags of food in her arms. They were soaking wet. She was soaking wet. Everyone and everything around her was soaking wet.

It was dark already. Yet something didn’t feel right. She set the bags down to get her key into the apartment. The bags were soggy, it was a miracle that they didn’t fall apart. It didn’t matter, she was inside already. The gloomyness has an effect on everybody. On some it can’t be seen. It slows the body and makes everyone sluggish and miserable.

The elevator opened, and she got in. The only one in, she wanted to put the bags down, but didn’t. it wasn’t a long trip to her room. She kicked on the door to let her father know to open the door. Nothing. The TV was turned on louder then normal. Maybe he fell asleep?

She fiddled with her keys and finally got the door opened. The lights were out. The only light was the television, and her father in front of her. Something was not right.
P2

An eerie feeling overcame her. It just wasn’t natural. She approached her father, to see is he was asleep. But instead of finding her father, she finds a chopped up body with a short red.. Being there, gnawing on the bones of her father. Overcame with panic, she dropped the bags where she stood. The being looked at her. Its face was that of a baby, with ears as long as a finger, pointed. A tail with a spike on it, and black slits where eyes would have been, looking at her with not confusion, but anger and pure hatred. It made an evil grin, threw the bone it was chewing, and jumped down, ran between her legs and out the door, leaving a trail of blood and organs where it went.

Still not noticing her father, nor the blood stained shirt she was now wearing, she ran out of her apartment and followed the trail of blood… to a wall. There was no door, and the wall lead right out to the skyline.

Still, overcome with fear she sits down on the floor, right where she is and called the authorities. What has happened will never be known. Only that a higher power was at work.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
rano0oma
post Nov 16 2009, 7:47 AM
Post #2

Butterflix Fairy

Group: Members

great stories very creative icon_wink.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 9:02 PM