Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Holland's Greates Idea, Does this show exists anywhere else?
P-girl
post Nov 9 2010, 7:47 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

So, there's this show in Holland called 'Het Beste Idee van Nederland' or 'Holland's Greatest Idea' (loosely translated). It's basically an Idols-like show.... but for inventions! I like this idea. It's original and actually promotes open-mindedness and inginuity. This got me thinking.... does this show exists anywhere else? Is there an 'America's greatest idea' or a similar show in other countries? And if not, do you think it would or should catch on? What are your taughts?

This post has been edited by P-girl: Nov 9 2010, 7:48 PM
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Nov 9 2010, 8:01 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

there have been one of two on in england a while a go I think but none recently

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
dittadulla
post Nov 9 2010, 9:18 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

It was originally American I think. I saw one or two episodes of it years ago. ~.~

--------------------
W.I.N.X
post Nov 9 2010, 9:40 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Here, there's a show called New Inventors. May not follow the same format as yours, but same sort of premise. Ours isn't too Idol like in format.

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
Boo
post Nov 10 2010, 3:35 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

There was a show here which sounds a lot like the one you're talking about. It was called "American Inventor" and was co-produced by American Idol's Simon Cowell. It followed the same set-up as Idol, just with inventors, and in which one inventor was the winner. I don't think it's on the air anymore, though (at least, it is no longer on ABC). (Wikipedia: American Inventor)

There is also show, also on ABC, called "Shark Tank" which sounds slightly like the show you are speaking of as well.

Basically, there is a panel of investors and individuals come in and pitch their ideas to them (inventions, business ideas, and what have you.) The panel then decides if they will invest in their idea or not. It's pretty cruel, usually though. People leave the room crying; some have spent their life's earnings on making their idea "happen" and then these so-called "experts" tell them "no way, it just can't." I'm not fond of it, myself. This one seems to destroy hope rather than encourage new ideas. This show, as far as I know, may still be "alive." (Wikipedia: Shark Tank)

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
winxclubrox23
post Nov 10 2010, 4:07 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Canada has Dragon's Den. Which was the original Shark Tank. We had an idea first for once! xD

But it's pretty we exactly what Boo's describe, only titled different.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
mightymarty2
post Nov 10 2010, 8:11 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

the UK also has a dragon's den as well

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 7:38 PM