> Winx Club Season 8 Episode 22 The Secret of Harmony, Spoilers
mightymarty2
post Mar 8 2020, 9:43 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Hi

Please discuss the twenty second episode of the new season. Warning spoilers process at your own risk

My thoughts on the episode

Spoiler!

Ok, maybe I was wrong (a bit of a cop out) but still it didn't make sense
I still don't like Musa and Riven as a couple

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Go to the top of the page
Zhanneel
post Apr 13 2020, 3:53 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

@Marty: I totally get your sentiment on Riven and Musa together. It's a tough relationship to rationalize... If they do keep them together, they had better 100% knock off the drama and just let them grow up once and for all.

Pros:
I really enjoyed the dance contest (surprisingly). When I first heard about this episode I cringed, but it was better than I imagined. I thought the outfits were outrageous but fun. Especially Icy and Stormy's. xD

I enjoyed seeing them fight off against each other without magic for once.

The contest was a nice idea (even if the whole thing with the star didn't make much sense).

I was so happy that Tecna was one of the biggest contenders of the contest! She should have good skills since she plays all of the virtual reality games. (Ahh, good times...I remember when Digit was around.)

I liked the harmony harp. It was a unique idea.

Overall, I really enjoyed the episode. It's so different from Season 5 episodes that had no heart, no character development, but the formula of the season was very much the same. Winx have new enemy, need to find multiple items to make super weapon/prevent from falling into the hands of the enemy, and the Trix keep getting in the way. The writers are doing MUCH better in Season 8 making it interesting.

Cons:

Ugh, Bloom can't be perfect at everything. x_x Why is she the second best dancer? It was incredibly NOT believable. Or at the least, let her not be perfect at everything... The order of dance ability should have been from worst to best: Flora, Stella/Bloom (tied), Tecna, Musa/Aisha (tied). Now, Aisha might have been better, it's true, but Musa has home court advantage. So I call it a tie. Flora is just...no, not a dancer, at least not in techno. Stella and Bloom might dance a little bit at school dances. Tecna plays lots of VR games, possibly even Dance Dance Revolution. icon_wink.gif And Musa and Aisha obviously have music skills.

Musa still should have come to the contest first. Or at least had a better reason for seperating her from the group.

The star situation didn't make much sense. By landing in the contest crown was it just trying to be a red herring, and lead all of the other characters away from the real mission?-- that Musa and Riven were supposed to be in harmony? It seemed very stretched. The writing could have tightened up that weird bait and switch I think.
mightymarty2
post Apr 14 2020, 6:55 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I agree with your rational of a logical order to who is the best dancer. Having said that I could see Flora being third in slower dances. Overall the plot with the star just does not work and ruins the episode for me

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 2:26 PM