2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> Three Animes, One Disappointment, you know the feeling
Asher Omega
post Oct 7 2008, 8:44 PM
Post #1

Butterflix Fairy

Group: Members

Alright the first few episodes of the anime I was looking forward to have been fansubbed.

First up, Casshern Sins. Interesting twist on the plot, I may be a bit rusty on the characters, but so far it looks like something went wrong in the time line to go down a different path. the art style is very good, fight scenes are a bit jumbled but it at least keeps who's doing what strait. I'm definitely going to be keeping up with this series.

Gundam 00 S2, MOST AWESOME RE-INTRODUCTORY EVER! it takes place about 2 years after the first season. lots of things have changed, but Tieria is still a TRAP. they've introduced a new mecha called A-LAWS which if one watched the first season are basically GN-X upgrades. I doubt though they fixed that deadly radiation problem in that time. and Setsuna spend the entire time IN SPACE fighting with his one armed Exia. a couple of new comers were introduced. Mr. Bushido however isn't, for we all know who he is. if you haven't watched season one, I would heavily suggest you watch it first before you start on season 2, just like Code Geass.

Kurogane no Linebarrel (AKA Linebarrel of Iron). huge disappointment with this one. they did a huge re-write of the back story (read as cut out all of it). there were a good portion of inconsistencies that are still irking the hell out of me. one of which is the Main Character Koichi not noticing copious amounts of blood on his coat, button shirt, and his undershirt! for over half of the episode! how can one not notice that? about the only redeeming things were they definitely got some good staff on the CG Models of the mechas and possibly they might return to the original story line (one can only hope.)

so out of all the ones that I was looking forward to only one gets the "wait and see" treatment. I would recommend Casshern Sins but I'm still reserved on that one. definitely going to keep up with Double 0 S2.

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
Go to the top of the page
DeadInside
post Oct 8 2008, 8:53 AM
Post #2

Sirenix Fairy

..Sorry for my Ignorance... but is that "Casshern Sins" related to the Live action movie called "Casshern"? Because that is one of the best movies i've ever seen in years the effects and the plot was just amazing... in my opinion

--------------------
Asher Omega
post Oct 8 2008, 5:51 PM
Post #3

Butterflix Fairy

yes, but its like it relation ship between the original series and the ova. both use the same characters, but take place in different universes with different plot lines.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=1561

the original series.

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
MorriganAensland
post Oct 8 2008, 11:19 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah. Both were based on the old Casshern anime made by the same people that made Gatchaman and SoulTaker. The movie was meant to be a deconstruction of the Tokusatsu (Like Power Rangers, but one guy, and usually no giant robots) genre, and did a great job at it.

And best of all, Casshern's gonna being in Tatsunoko (sp?) vs. Capcom! Now if only Kyosuke and Komugi from SoulTaker were in there, and it'd be my dream come true. Ah... Kyosuke... and Shiro... and Vincent...

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Ranma
post Oct 14 2008, 1:33 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

Asher I thought the exact same thing! "Am I the ONLY one that notices the blood all over his shirt?!"
I was yelling that over and over and over again throughout the anime. Nightstorm, who wasn't watching the anime just looked at me with a confused expression on his face.

Anyway, Toradora is hilarious I thought, and so is Magic Index... but I wish they would sub Jigoku shoujo soon.

--------------------
Asher Omega
post Oct 14 2008, 2:08 AM
Post #6

Butterflix Fairy

wait till you get to see the next episode. admittedly I haven't watched it fully. I started up got about two scenes in and MPC crashed on me. also one of the animes I mentioned in SRW thread was Kemeko DX. the intro alone is just... a mind screw (i'd have used a stronger word, but this forum has children in it). I don't know how to describe the intro at all. the english language has failed me.

I'll check out Toradora. also G 00 ep. 2 has proven once again to keep up the action. Aeolia Schenberg is one hell of a dead guy.

and yes, HOW THE HELL DO YOU MISS BLOOD ON A WHITE COAT? he even took off the coat! how did he not notice then? it makes no sense.

--------------------

blargblargblargblarg.
Ranma
post Oct 14 2008, 2:24 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

It still bugs the hell out of me. SERIOUSLY! I THINK IT'S KIND OF IMPORTANT. HELP HELP I'M OUT OF BLOOD I NEED MORE BLOOD!!!

So far I'm not impressed with the anime line up. I think this season is a dud. There are a few good ones, but nothing too special. Nothing like Macross Frontier...

--------------------
Asher Omega
post Oct 14 2008, 2:32 AM
Post #8

Butterflix Fairy

well not all have started showing. so its not finished just yet. but isn't that the point of having a large selection? something for everyone. I like where Casshern Sins is going (watched ep 2, just didn't report it). Double 0 is bridging out into the political intrigue area, as well as keeping up the awesome fight scenes. Linebarrel could definitely use some work. I'm going to check out Ga-Rei, cause about half a year ago I stumbled upon the (and still) unfinished translated manga. it was very decent. and some people (despite the fact that its out for PSN) are doing Xamdo. the intro has a very catchy tune and looks like it could be something. I'm not going to pass judgment just yet. we've only got one or two episodes in.

--------------------

blargblargblargblarg.
Ranma
post Oct 14 2008, 2:42 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

A lot of new anime these days seem to be remakes of hentai games ... It seemes we have one or two...or three in every lineup.

--------------------
Asher Omega
post Oct 14 2008, 2:53 AM
Post #10

Butterflix Fairy

not surprised there. I've read a few things about how some of the H games have been remade with out Those scenes, to play like a text adventure. Kanon is one of the more (in)famous ones. I usually avoid them when ever possible. School Days *Shudder* is one to avoid at all costs. horrible mental scarring.

--------------------

blargblargblargblarg.
Ranma
post Oct 14 2008, 11:16 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

lol, I watched the final scene of that anime. I couldn't get it out of my mind for days. I have been playing fate/stay night and tsukihime though, those are awesome.

--------------------
Asher Omega
post Oct 15 2008, 12:23 AM
Post #12

Butterflix Fairy

I bet they are. I couldn't physically eat after the ending of School Days *shudder*.

Kemeko DX (after watching the rest of the ep.) seems to live in audacity. its riddled with otaku culture, seems to heavily rely on "Moe" *Shudder*, and is over all cliched. that doesn't mean it isn't funny. its pretty fun to watch but I'd only watch it once. cause after that, it'd probably get on my nerves too much.

Bounen no Xamdou (or Xam'd: Lost Memories) is really good. decent plot, great pace, art style is a good mix of styles, and over all its a good Finding one's self story. it does the transition between serious and dark tones to light hearted and carefree very well. I would recommend getting (if you have the money and a PS3) it.

I haven't watched Ga-Rei yet. I really should. stupid Captain Harlock box set. no no, I take that back, stupid me for finding the box set.

--------------------

blargblargblargblarg.
Ranma
post Oct 15 2008, 2:05 AM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Captain Harlock is filled with win and awesome. I want to rewatch the galaxy express 999 movies again T_T

--------------------
Asher Omega
post Oct 16 2008, 6:24 AM
Post #14

Butterflix Fairy

Galaxy Railways is part of the Harlock-verse but the best thing for Harlock is "My Youth in Arcadia" which (as of yet) I cannot find a decent copy on the internet (download or buy). I absolutely admire Harlock. sadly the one time I could have gotten a scale model of the Arcadia (yes I'm a model freak. I don't care. just as long as it isn't a PVC statuette.) I didn't have the cash for it. and now its a discontinued model.

anyway I watched Ga-Rei (finally). well from my perspective it takes place a few years after where I was in the manga. and how the episode ends isn't pretty. AT ALL. I'm putting it in the same category as Linebarrel. wait and see if it improves.

Linebarrel ep. 2, after I got it to work, was kinda "okay that fixes that, but that makes it even more screwed". they fix about half of what was wrong in the first episode then they add in about the same amount of mistakes they did, so I'm really pissed. if they don't get on track soon I'm just going to drop the series entirely.

Index, I'll agree, its hilarious. I'm not sure which group you got (I tend to get several to see which one I like the best) and the first one I watched was really good. especially the exploding Nun robes of Pope Class protection.

and if you're wondering what Harlock anime I'm watching its "Captain Herlock: Endless Odyssey Outside Legend". the reason its Herlock and not Harlock is because of some licensing between the original Owners of Harlock stateside and a different licensing company. its in the wikipedia article.

--------------------

blargblargblargblarg.
Ranma
post Oct 16 2008, 9:00 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Interesting on the Herlock/Harlock names. I agree with Linbarrel. It ticks me off every time I watch it! Well, the main character anyway.

"I'm a hero of justice!" *destroys town*
"I'm a hero of justice!" *beats up the good guys*
"I'm a hero of justice!" *acts like a jerk to his friends...then destroys another town...after calling his friend to watch...*

--------------------
Asher Omega
post Oct 17 2008, 2:47 AM
Post #16

Butterflix Fairy

actually thats pretty close to the manga. sadly, hearing it, is a different matter. it sounds so annoying. hopefully they'll follow what happened in the manga, which I bet will probably guess what happens.

whats currently irking me was that Koichi could summon Linebarrel with out Kizuki's help. that and it looks like they added a character (not sure yet).

--------------------

blargblargblargblarg.
Asher Omega
post Oct 21 2008, 2:56 AM
Post #17

Butterflix Fairy

(ARGH DOUBLE POST!!!)

Alright. watched the third ep of Linebarrel. FINALLY ON TRACK! I think the writers took too much liberty with the series. but they're finally getting on track. ep 4 should be a huge turning point. and I'm not going to reveal why. and I'm not damn sure that they've added a character (or two). the writers are trying to change my mecha anime into a fanservice one! NOES!

Ga-Rei. I was wrong. they decided to start the anime from a different perspective and then introduce the characters I read about. so I was wrong about what I was watching. that still doesn't change how the first episode ended.

Gundam 00. I'm just going to stop. if you haven't already started watching I'm not bothering anymore.

--------------------

blargblargblargblarg.
Ranma
post Oct 23 2008, 1:47 AM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

Lol, I have to watch the first season of Gundam 00 before I start on the second.

I agree with everyone about their views on Koichi. "He makes me sick."
I don't know why I keep watching it. I'm angry at the end of each episode.

Tora dora is still hilarious I think, and Index is still pretty good.

Jigoku Shoujo episode 1 was finally subbed! Yay!

--------------------
fullmoon
post Oct 23 2008, 3:36 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Toradora is awesome. ^.^ Finally I find an anime in which the two are not lovers. Index is good. It reminds me a lot of Shakugan no Shana. A loot. And a bit of Zero no Tsukaima.

--------------------

I am not WEIRDhopefullyI think

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
Ranma
post Oct 24 2008, 2:04 AM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

tora dora reminds me of zero no tsukaima... and just give it time. They'll fall in love by the end of Tora Dora.

Actually, I think the voice actress for Taiga is the same as the voice actress for the leading rolls in both Zero no Tsukaima and Shakugan no Shana.

--------------------

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 3:09 PM