Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Add Reply
> Shows That Need To End!, which shows do you think time is up?
musaenchantixthe...
post Jul 21 2008, 11:11 PM
Post #21

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

me too. i just don't watch it at all. i don't really like reality show. its just really stupid. no offense.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
Jahnavi
post Jul 27 2008, 9:22 AM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

They call them "reality" shows, but there's nothing even remotely real about them.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
P-girl
post Jul 27 2008, 10:12 AM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy

The only 'reality'-show (I don't know if I should call it that.) is the Dutch 'Herrie in the Keuken' (Which roughly translates to 'Trouble in the kitchen'. Yup, it's like that show with that chef, but the Dutch one (Herman ten Blijker) is much more sympathetic, yet has that certain type of no-nonsense attitude.)

About 'My Super Sweet Sixteen'.... I think my stance is best proclaimed by something my mother said when she watched the show: 'They got all that, yet YOU (Me) throw the better parties.' (In context: I invite my best buds over for some Super Smash Bros. Brawl, as means of a party.)
darkar
post Jul 27 2008, 3:37 PM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy

Hmmm well what you people say about digimon?
that one series i am tired of hearing that they have a new season or something etc

--------------------

P-girl
post Jul 27 2008, 3:38 PM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

For me, Digimon ended after season 1. It was great, but it didn't need a following season in my taste.
darkar
post Jul 27 2008, 3:45 PM
Post #26

Cosmix Fairy

yeah same wth me...

--------------------

MorriganAensland
post Jul 27 2008, 4:33 PM
Post #27

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Eh, I think seasons 1 was good, season 2 fell tragically short, but season 3 was amazing. An interesting cast, it introduced each of the protagonists to us gradually, and a lot of sacrifice and development of the characters. I don't rank it as high up as Saint Seiya or JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, my favorite two manga/anime, but it's still a season I'd love to get some DVDs of and watch again.

Everything after that, though, can't hold a candle to season 3.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Lady Serenity
post Aug 1 2008, 6:08 PM
Post #28

Charmix Fairy

I think...pokemon needs to end!!(no offence to any pokemon fans)and i mean the show not the games..they are losing alot of fans right now and well,i guess they are kinda repeating things over(example:pokemon contests...) but itz just my opinion...

--------------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..
it's about learning to dance in the rain.

mightymarty2
post Aug 9 2008, 2:01 PM
Post #29

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I aggree as well with digimon the first one was good seconds ok to poor and after that rubbish

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
humbu111
post Aug 9 2008, 3:31 PM
Post #30

Cosmix Fairy

Ok, in my opinion, for Digimon, season one ROCKED, season 2 ROCKED but the first was still better, and after that i didnt like it much
In season one, tho, i wish they showed the mega digimon of all of the 8, not only Tai and Matt's digimon.

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

PinkSugar
post Aug 9 2008, 7:59 PM
Post #31

Enchantix Fairy

Agreeing with Digimon here. Man, I used to be addicted to that show. I loved the first season, and I liked the second a lot. However, I really didn't like the third, and I hated the fourth (aka. I didn't bother watching more than 1 maybe 2 episodes.)

And Pokemon needs to end already, as well. Hmm... I think that the Simpsons should end. It's been a good run, but really, it's just repetitive now. I can think of several shows, but not off the top of my head. I don't watch much television at all.

--------------------

signature by saruvi of AF // suiitsunohime is a name I go by on other boards
MorriganAensland
post Aug 10 2008, 11:59 AM
Post #32

Cosmix Fairy

... I do not understand how people could not enjoy the third season.

1. It arguably was the most mature of the seasons. A cast regular, Leomon, actually DIED. His Tamer was emotionally and mentally wrecked after that for the duration of the series. They were not dealing with a Digimon per-se, but a computer program gone crazy, willing to kill everyone. Not to mention that one point where the main character when completely crazy to try to avenge Leomon... which really didn't end that well.
2. Tamers actually had a bigger purpose in fights, what with equipping their partners.
3. For a large and diverse cast, very few of the people they fought were genuinely evil. Essentially, D-Reaper was the only true villain. And even that is debateable, since D-Reaper did its actions with no malice, it just did them.
4. For the very first time in the damn series, they subverted the whole "Vaccine/Data types = Good, Virus = Evil." Guillomon was a Virus type, as was Impmon, IIRC. And they were arguably the most emotionally deep of the 'mons in the cast. This is not just a manner of alignment in the grand scale of Good and Evil, this is in personality as well. Black Wargreymon was an angsty loser, and Wormmon's partner was, well, a total jerk at first.

Season one was interesting because, well, they were setting the groundwork for the entire franchise. We got to see lots of absurdly bizarre creatures, with even more bizarre abilities. Season two, on the other hand... just dragged on and on...

And involved the ultimate villain being killed by the kids essentially doing a reverse Peter Pan and saying "I wanna grow up!" Which, if that is not one of the biggest disappointments in anime history, I do not know what is.

Season three had everything, between subverting ideas the previous two had established, having a smaller cast and introducing us to the other tamers gradually, a very mature and respectable storyline, an ending so bittersweet you could use it to replace the chocolate chips in your cookies, and a genuine sense of effort on the part of the heroes.

Season four was more of a tokusatsu show, and everything after that I do not know about, nor do I care about it. Season three tied everything up nicely, and that's where I say the series has ended.

--------------------

AnnieBelle
post Aug 12 2008, 1:16 AM
Post #33

Cosmix Fairy

Agree on the Pokemon thing. The first season or two was OK, but that was about..9+ years ago? And once May got in, I stopped. ...Didn't they get rid of her, too? And yeah, seriously, what's up with the Pikachu-never-being-stronger-than-the-others thing? It logically would be level 1000 or something now...xP
Digimon, too. I think I throw up a little every time they announce another season. Seasons 1 and 3 were OK, but the rest...Didn't like.

--------------------
humbu111
post Aug 12 2008, 1:39 AM
Post #34

Cosmix Fairy

how many digimon seasons are there anyways? like 5 atleast i think...

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Boo
post Feb 7 2009, 10:09 PM
Post #35

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Abby @ Jul 21 2008, 10:58 PM) *
I hate most of the mtv shows (except a few like Legally Blond search for the next Elle Woods) like Laguna Beach and the Hills. It is just so fake, and I hate it when people are obsessed with that show, "Oh lauren is so cool!" uggg

Out with the Hills! xD From what I hear and see on TMZ (a paparazzi show of some sort), the actresses from the Hills are really (or really appear to be) ignorant. :/ I don't see how they can be so popular either...

I think Survivor needs to go: I mean, the first couple seasons were alright, I used to like it... but now it's just getting old.

There are a couple popular shows like ER and Hannah Montana that I personally would like to see taken off the air, but that's just my opinion due to my distaste for them.
Wait, what's that? Oooh... ER is ending....
I just think 15 seasons is quite enough. icon_mrgreen.gif The reason I don't like it is because after 5 minutes of watching it, I got sick... So no offense to any fans, but I personally dislike it....

I've never really seen a Pokemon episode in whole, but I do know that it's been around since I was little. I would imagine it has just gone downhill. It was extremely popular around here several years ago... but recently I haven't seen much of it.
Bleh, in my opinion, there are enough copies of it on TV nowadays to keep the fans entertained, I suppose.

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
MorriganAensland
post Feb 7 2009, 11:57 PM
Post #36

Cosmix Fairy

I hate VH1 and all things related to it.

Along with the live-action sitcoms on Disney.

There is nothing intellectual or even amusing about them. At all.

--------------------

Boo
post Feb 8 2009, 3:01 AM
Post #37

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (MorriganAensland @ Feb 8 2009, 12:57 AM) *
I hate VH1 and all things related to it.

Along with the live-action sitcoms on Disney.

There is nothing intellectual or even amusing about them. At all.

Eh... I pretty much relied on music videos on VH1 in the early hours of the morning for entertainment when babysitting during one summer, so I wouldn't diss it. Any channel that plays music videos created with music by some of my favorite bands is alright in my book. As for the shows: I haven't seen any... but I have seen some pretty pointless shows on MTV...

Disney shows nowadays... *shudders* What is all the hype about, really?

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
Tom273
post Feb 20 2009, 4:44 PM
Post #38

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Banned

Pokemon is starting to repeat itself ecpecially the team rocket stuff. Team rocket's blasting off again and again again and again XD

--------------------

Thank you Jah-Jah for the awesome new forum set ^^

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself"
fullmoon
post Feb 21 2009, 4:39 AM
Post #39

Cosmix Fairy

Pokemon....wow. It is hard for me to imagine when it wasn't there. Maybe it is older than me. When you said Pokemon, it immediately reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh. Though the main show has already ended, how many spin-offs are they going to make? O_O

I don't really watch Reality Shows. I actually find them boring and superficial. But that is just what I think. On the other hand, I love anime, manga, and asian dramas. icon_smile.gif

--------------------

I am not WEIRDhopefullyI think

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
Crystal_Girl
post Feb 22 2009, 10:20 AM
Post #40

Harmonix Fairy

I never really watched it, but I think, Scrubs. It seems like such a non-purpose show and it basically has no meaning. If I in any way am wrong then go ahead and tell me.

I never really watched it, but I think, Scrubs. It seems like such a non-purpose show and it basically has no meaning. If I in any way am wrong then go ahead and tell me.

--------------------
Join the Winx Princess Forum @ WinxPrincess.6x.to and click on Forum!

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:59 PM