Add Reply
> WAR IS BAD
Rating 1 V
wkw427
post Apr 8 2010, 4:46 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

This is leaked footage of american soldiers mistakenly killing about 15 civilians in Iraq. Among them were two news reporters. They mistook a camera for a RPG..

It doesn't contain something that would make it be rated M, you can't see much and the quality is bad, but you can still see what happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0&aia=true

War is bad
If you disagree, you are an idiot. No good comes from killing. You may only think that it is good because the winners rewrite history..

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
Zydron
post Apr 8 2010, 7:01 PM
Post #2

Believix Fairy

I have seen that video on the local news here (NOS 8 uur journaal).

Only the news reader mistook the origens of the site (wikileaks | which is german and not american)
mightymarty2
post Apr 8 2010, 7:17 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Ok, war is bad bit the only ever way to eliminate is all real violence and people are not mistreated (TV/computer games. etc have no influence as long as it stays there) to be eliminated. Also I missed the video however if its been blocked to under 18's it makes me assume other wise, so please remove it

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Zydron
post Apr 8 2010, 7:24 PM
Post #4

Believix Fairy

I believe this will do it
Reason for edit: link inappropriate
mightymarty2
post Apr 8 2010, 7:37 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

i now understand why it was blocked there is swear word or more I am not sure contained in it. So link removed or you can link one without swears in as the rest seems ok as you cannot really see anything if you find one without swearing.
Reason for edit: change

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
wkw427
post Apr 8 2010, 10:01 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Why remove a link that goes to a page with swears? Just tell people that the page contains swears..

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Zydron
post Apr 8 2010, 10:34 PM
Post #7

Believix Fairy

We don't post the video here

just a link, if people want to see it they click on it.
If they don't want to see it, they ignore it.

it is the user his/her own choice!

so I agree with wkw, whats the big deal...
wkw427
post Apr 8 2010, 11:18 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Indeed. Some of the winx episodes have swear words in them, do you want me to remove those, too? icon_razz.gif

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

winxclubrox23
post Apr 9 2010, 3:43 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Well, duh war is bad. Innocent people shouldn't be getting killed randomly like that. It's ridiculous.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
mightymarty2
post Apr 9 2010, 9:03 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

the rules say no swearing and that contains swearing. The rules apply to links too.

I have never noticed any swearing in winx.

--------------------
wkw427
post Apr 9 2010, 10:33 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

They clearly say "damn" in the subtitled episodes, shall I remove them? icon_razz.gif

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

mightymarty2
post Apr 9 2010, 5:01 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I wouldn't have classed that as a swear word

--------------------
DeadInside
post Apr 9 2010, 5:21 PM
Post #13

Sirenix Fairy

Well.. yeah anything that involves Killing people is kinda bad, but... just saying "War is bad. If you disagree, you are an idiot" is kinda immature... i mean its complex than that, there is sometimes when war comes up as the only solution and there is some enemies that need to be stop, or you think that the world should not stand against the Nazi army in WWII for example? again I'm not saying that you were wrong, its just more complicated... mostly of wars are worthless and senseless killing, but sometimes some people go for a very wrong and must be stop, i know that it probably CAN be fix with no violence.. on an ideal world, but as long people is people there will be some with you just cant reason with.

"Trying to justify to ourselves the reasons to go
Should we live and let live, Forget or forgive

But how can we let them go on this way?
The reign of terror corruption must end
And we know deep down there's
no other way
No trust, no reasoning, no more to say

Afraid to shoot strangers
Afraid to shoot strangers!"

This post has been edited by DeadInside: Apr 9 2010, 5:22 PM

--------------------
P-girl
post Apr 9 2010, 5:24 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Same here. Most wars are very complicated. And there are many reasons. Conflicting ideals, a want for independance, natural resources..... and so on and so forth it's a touchy and broad subject. And most of the times these conflicts aren't black and white/good against bad type of deals, no matter WHAT they try to tell you.
Jahnavi
post Apr 10 2010, 9:12 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I agree. War is one of those situations where, unfortunately ('cause I'm just a black-and-white kind of person), you can't ever classify it as straightforward right or wrong.

Of course as Rox pointed out, it's generally considered bad because innocent people are almost always, unfairly, the worst hit. And yeah, the sensible thing to do is go the UN-route, and try to solve disagreements peacefully, but when you're dealing with problems on national or international scales, that's easier said than done. Like DeadInside said, do you think trying to talk it out with Hitler would've helped? It would've been the right way to try and solve the problem, but it wouldn't have been of much use.
For a war, you've got to look at the big picture, in my opinion. Look at uprisings like the French or Russian revolutions. Or, similarly, the Indian independence movement. Yes, people died. And yes, I totally agree with Gandhi, violence is wrong. But in the end, they did away with the French aristocracy and the Russian monarchy, and India now has its own government. So wouldn't you say that even though war itself is bad, in cases like these and so many others, it achieved something very good?

So yes, if it was solely up to me, I wouldn't resort to it; I very much believe in trying to talk problems out. But don't you think that you can't straight-out classify all wars as bad?

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
P-girl
post Apr 10 2010, 9:17 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

This kinda reminds me about a rant about a movie that did a waaaay to easy solution with Nuclear Weapons. (The topic is about war, it counts.) Namely having some guy destroy them all.

Yeah, it doesn't work that way. Mostly because while, yes, Nuclear Weapons are bad, sometimes they actually prevent a war. I mean, this guy (Linkara) brought out the cold war example. Yes, the Nuclear Arms race was wrong, but it also prevented the Cold War from becoming just that, an Actual war. Two sides of the coin, everyone.
Jahnavi
post Apr 10 2010, 9:20 AM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Honestly, I've always kind of thought of the Cold War as a semi-good thing. I mean, wasn't it one of the main causes for the formation of the Non-Aligned Movement? (Which was a very good idea, imo.)

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Boo
post May 1 2010, 1:58 AM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

Ooh, why can't we all just get along?

Why not drop our differences: our many colors, our numerous religions, our various political thoughts, and live in harmony on this Earth? Why can't we all just love one another for our uniqueness as human beings? Why not swallow our pride and our biases and just accept everyone?

It deeply saddens me when we, as humans, turn to such extreme violence such as war: something no human being should be exposed to. It ruins even the purest of hearts.

If only negotiations and treaties could heal the wounds of all clashing nations... If only we looked to an agreement as the one and only way to solve a problem...

If only...

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
P-girl
post May 3 2010, 12:06 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

Why can't we have hope with realism? Everywhere I go, it's always one or the other.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 5:34 AM