Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Don't take anything for granted
wkw427
post Oct 12 2010, 4:16 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

You shouldn't take anything for granted. Not even computer storage. Why, might you ask? Well, here is why.

Over time of using a computer, you gather alot of data. Be they picture, movies, or games, you like to keep them. Though they may only be virtual, they exist in a physical location.

I'm sure those of you who are internet-savy have had to buy a bigger disk to store all of your stuff. Think of it as getting a new pair of shoes if you will. You have made you old pair of shoes old, worn out, and smelly, and you just need a bigger pair of shoes to fit in your feet.

If you're a smart person, you won't throw out your old shoes because something might happen to your new ones.

Like, you instance, what is your new shoes started to come alive and spit acid on your feet whenever you wore them, causing unbelievable pain and soon-to-be a lack of feet? You will get a new pair of new shoes of course!

But, for a time, you will be without shoes. What will you do? It isn't like you can just throw away your feet! You need to wear something! Thats why you have that old pair of shoes, the reliable ones, and still in working condition. Though you may not have enough space to put your feet in, you'll be able to use them. Sure you might have to chop off your toes and hold them in your hands for a while until you get a new pair of shoes, but it'll be worth it. No toes is better then no feet at all.

tf;dr, I had an old external hdd. Filled it up. Got a new external hdd. New one is going to fail. Need to store my feet in my old hdd, desktop's hdd, and laptop's hdd until I can get a new one. Good thing is that I will have enough space to backup everything, but it'll take me a few days to copy everything..

And yes, I know, I really like to compare computer parts with body parts and clothing. OS = pants, storage = feet

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
padr49904
post Oct 12 2010, 6:45 PM
Post #2

Pixie

QUOTE (wkw427 @ Oct 12 2010, 11:16 AM) *
You shouldn't take anything for granted. Not even computer storage. Why, might you ask? Well, here is why.

Over time of using a computer, you gather alot of data. Be they picture, movies, or games, you like to keep them. Though they may only be virtual, they exist in a physical location.

I'm sure those of you who are internet-savy have had to buy a bigger disk to store all of your stuff. Think of it as getting a new pair of shoes if you will. You have made you old pair of shoes old, worn out, and smelly, and you just need a bigger pair of shoes to fit in your feet.

If you're a smart person, you won't throw out your old shoes because something might happen to your new ones.

Like, you instance, what is your new shoes started to come alive and spit acid on your feet whenever you wore them, causing unbelievable pain and soon-to-be a lack of feet? You will get a new pair of new shoes of course!

But, for a time, you will be without shoes. What will you do? It isn't like you can just throw away your feet! You need to wear something! Thats why you have that old pair of shoes, the reliable ones, and still in working condition. Though you may not have enough space to put your feet in, you'll be able to use them. Sure you might have to chop off your toes and hold them in your hands for a while until you get a new pair of shoes, but it'll be worth it. No toes is better then no feet at all.

tf;dr, I had an old external hdd. Filled it up. Got a new external hdd. New one is going to fail. Need to store my feet in my old hdd, desktop's hdd, and laptop's hdd until I can get a new one. Good thing is that I will have enough space to backup everything, but it'll take me a few days to copy everything..

And yes, I know, I really like to compare computer parts with body parts and clothing. OS = pants, storage = feet

I thought you were going to say your old external was spewing acid everywhere and was about to take you out.

--------------------

Whovian since 2007
wkw427
post Oct 12 2010, 7:01 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

That too.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
humbu111
post Oct 13 2010, 1:16 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Please post topics like this (personal anecdotes; topics that dont directly give members something to reply to/initiate discussion) as a blog post instead in the future.

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:15 AM