Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Add Reply
> Which English Version Of Winx Club Is Better?
4kids or Rai?
Which one do you like better?
4kids English [ 20 ]  [33.33%]
Rai Englsh [ 40 ]  [66.67%]
Total Votes: 58
Guests cannot vote 
Music123
post Aug 3 2008, 11:35 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Hi! just thought I would make this poll to see which one is the most popular

4kids Rai English

This post has been edited by Music123: Aug 3 2008, 11:37 AM

--------------------

Credits to love and winx for siggy
Go to the top of the page
Jahnavi
post Aug 3 2008, 2:00 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

RAI English, no question.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
P-girl
post Aug 3 2008, 2:27 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Rai, they don't mess up the translation for no apperant reason.
Zentron
post Aug 3 2008, 3:00 PM
Post #4

Butterflix Fairy

Same again, Rai! The episodes aren't fragged!!

--------------------

- My Winx Club dedicated forum. Wallpapers, images, games, Rai English episode D/L, etc.
AnnieBelle
post Aug 3 2008, 3:04 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

...Eh, it's kinda a tie. RAI English is definitely more accurate in keeping to the Italian storyline and things, but the 4kids version is the one I saw first, and I like the voices just a teensy bit better in it.

--------------------
humbu111
post Aug 3 2008, 5:51 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

I like 4kids, the voices and music are way better

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Hirondelle
post Aug 3 2008, 5:59 PM
Post #7

Harmonix Fairy

HAH. No contest. RAI. The only problem I have with RAI, and it's really minor, it's Musa's voice. It sounds like she has a cold or her nose is stuffy. Something about it, I just don't like. But I'm also kinda used to her voice in 4kids, it just feels like it suits her better. I wouldn't expect her to have a really little feminine voice considering her personality.

--------------------

Faedust Charms
Zhanneel
post Aug 3 2008, 9:37 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Oh, I'm not sure I can choose...hmm

I wish I could combine the RAI dialogue with the 4kids voice actors. I really think the 4kids did a great job (maybe over doing it on some characters) with casting voice actors. The RAI dub voice actors just seem less emotional and less inspired.

My biggest beef is (while I'm used to her voice now) Tecna's voice. Now I come to associate Tecna's 4kids voice with a high British accent since that's how I was first introduced to Tecna, but in a way they didn't do her character justice in that choice. Mainly because many people find her stuck up and unemotional to begin with, and the voice only made it worse. However, after watching many of the RAI episodes I don't get the impression that Tecna is as introverted and "stuck up" as the 4kids dubs seem to make her. She actually seems very human and delivers some well aimed jokes and chides.

But then I love Musa's voice in the 4kids version, lol.

So, I'm at an impasse.
dittadulla
post Aug 3 2008, 9:57 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

QUOTE (Hirondelle @ Aug 3 2008, 03:59 PM) *
HAH. No contest. RAI. The only problem I have with RAI, and it's really minor, it's Musa's voice. It sounds like she has a cold or her nose is stuffy. Something about it, I just don't like. But I'm also kinda used to her voice in 4kids, it just feels like it suits her better. I wouldn't expect her to have a really little feminine voice considering her personality.

a cold? you should hear her voice in icelandic, she is on the highest level of cold. and probably her voice is totally ruined by the cold icon_sad.gif poor icelandic musa icon_sad.gif

urmm... Rai dub^^

--------------------
Hirondelle
post Aug 4 2008, 4:53 AM
Post #10

Harmonix Fairy

Oooh man, now I'm curious how her Icelandic voice sounds xD

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ Aug 3 2008, 01:37 PM) *
The RAI dub voice actors just seem less emotional and less inspired.
Now I definitely know what you mean. Amore's voice is much better in the 4kids version just in the fact there's more character to it. It sounds like the RAI voice actor is just talking rather than creating a voice for her.

But now seeing the RAI version with Darkar...I can actually look at the screen and take the scenes more seriously! His voice was a joke in the 4kids version, but I'm assuming they gave him such a silly voice to make him seem less scary to little kids...or they actually thought that'd be a good voice regardless. Either way sounds like them. <<;

--------------------

Faedust Charms
P-girl
post Aug 4 2008, 8:18 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Overall, I think they made Darkar a little less scary with the translations, which was a bit of a waste.
winxclub-joy
post Aug 4 2008, 12:09 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

ya XP

--------------------
P-girl
post Aug 4 2008, 2:13 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

One change I particularly regret, is a conversation he had with the Fake Avalon. There he called the real Avalon his 'favorite toy', probably one of the most disturbing sentences in Winx Club ever, placing it in context.
Abby
post Aug 5 2008, 7:25 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

It is a tie for me. I know I complain a lot about 4kids editing, but after watching some of the rai episodes, I am kinda glad they changed some of the dialog. Some of the rai english stuff to me sound really cheesy and I cringed after hearing some of it. Plus I am not too fond of some of the rai voices in english, a few sound like the same person to me. That may be me just because I'm so used to 4kids, but 4kids is the first version I saw and that will be one of my favorites always. However I do like how rai kept the opening and the songs in their version (like in Magic in my heart episode, I was furious with 4kids about that one
Zentron
post Aug 5 2008, 11:51 PM
Post #15

Butterflix Fairy

QUOTE (Abby @ Aug 5 2008, 08:25 PM) *
It is a tie for me. I know I complain a lot about 4kids editing, but after watching some of the rai episodes, I am kinda glad they changed some of the dialog. Some of the rai english stuff to me sound really cheesy and I cringed after hearing some of it. Plus I am not too fond of some of the rai voices in english, a few sound like the same person to me. That may be me just because I'm so used to 4kids, but 4kids is the first version I saw and that will be one of my favorites always. However I do like how rai kept the opening and the songs in their version (like in Magic in my heart episode, I was furious with 4kids about that one
Heh, you're emotionally attached to the 4Kids version... it'll pass!

As someone who actually HAS done voice acting, I know how tough it can be, especially as you don't get to see what you're working to until after... unless you're re-dubbing another production house's work. The VA's at 4Kids had that advantage, even so, they still weren't very convincing!

--------------------

- My Winx Club dedicated forum. Wallpapers, images, games, Rai English episode D/L, etc.
Hirondelle
post Aug 6 2008, 12:19 AM
Post #16

Harmonix Fairy

While I'm so glad that I have the RAI episodes, there are only few bits of dialogue that I find 4Kids changed for the better. But they are really small things like the third episode where Stella offers to pay for Bloom's dress. Flora stops her saying that it'll offend her, but 4kids had her say that she already maxed out her card. Even while I see it somehow possible to be offended in that situation, it's at least more understandable that she couldn't. There were some other things they've said that sounded better than the original, but little conversations are nothing compared to the bigger things like the heart of Cloud Tower not really being the heart and Tecna jumping to conclusions about it. And to me that's more important, I can't stand having a botched up storyline.
And yes, some of the voices do sound the same, but some are much better than the overly characterized voices provided in the 4kids version. In the 4kids version, Stella sounds like the only way she can talk is by yelling. Also in the RAI, Musa's voice sounds much better in season two than the first, so now I'm over it. icon_razz.gif

This post has been edited by Hirondelle: Aug 6 2008, 12:22 AM

--------------------

Faedust Charms
Zhanneel
post Aug 6 2008, 1:44 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

*is slowly being sucked into the Rai dub trap*

It's definitely growing on me. And after listening to the voice actors more and more, I think they are starting to feel a bit more emotional. But since I was so used to the boisterous, "over-acting" (so-to-speak) with the 4kids version I still like that too =P.
Abby
post Aug 6 2008, 8:23 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

No matter how much I watch the Rai version I will still always like the 4kids VA's better (most of them) like to me in the Rai version, the witches voices seem way to nice to me, they don't seem evil.
P-girl
post Aug 6 2008, 8:25 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

Because evil voice = evil. icon_mrgreen.gif
Sorry, but the creepiest voices are nice voices, in my opinion. They catch you of guard. A scary video game girl. (SC4's Amy) has a really cute and nice voice.
Hirondelle
post Aug 7 2008, 5:34 PM
Post #20

Harmonix Fairy

I'll say, the witches voices in the RAI version definitely caught me off guard because they weren't that stereotypical evil. There's something about Icy's voice, she said 'My dear' at one point, and it totally made me forget what she was trying to do. Hah!
I'm just sick of evil voices for evil characters, it makes me feel like their only purpose isn't just to be evil. Also I find it kinda cheesy.

This post has been edited by Hirondelle: Aug 7 2008, 5:36 PM

--------------------

Faedust Charms

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 9:00 PM