Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Add Reply
> Avatar The Last Airbender, DO U WATCH IT>>??
Fortress Guy
post May 8 2009, 3:42 AM
Post #181

Harmonix Fairy

Group: Members

But movies are such a visual medium. We really "see" the characters more than anything else on a two story screen.

I think they have to attend to the look more than the sound, but I agree that trying to match the sound and feel of the voices that defined these characters is important.

--------------------

Fortress Guy's fortress of solitude.

Jem Huntik Korra season 1 Winx SE4 part II
Go to the top of the page
Meru
post May 8 2009, 5:50 PM
Post #182

A True Fairy

QUOTE (Fortress Guy @ May 8 2009, 12:42 AM) *
But movies are such a visual medium. We really "see" the characters more than anything else on a two story screen.

I think they have to attend to the look more than the sound, but I agree that trying to match the sound and feel of the voices that defined these characters is important.

Well in the end it's all going to come down to personal preference I guess; I like voices ( as weird as it may sound =___=) I might watch something and comment on an actors voice =___= whether or not its a good one or not. And if I like said voice actor I might look for other things they are in to watch... .___.

i dunno <<;;;

If you hate live actions of good cartoons and work yourself up for disappointment then... or if you enjoy them and enjoy the subtle changes made.

As pleased as I would be if they used the original cast for the live action, I'm more than likely not going to mind the new cast, as they may bring in their own versions of their characters instead of trying to mimic the originals. or they will jsut try too hard to be like the cartoon actors and screw it up. XD

--------------------
P-girl
post May 8 2009, 6:16 PM
Post #183

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

You're probably right.... It's just, they screwed over my favorite gaming character in a live-action movie (Street Fighter's Vega, a personal heart-throb.) TWO FF-ING TIMES!
Fortress Guy
post May 10 2009, 6:41 PM
Post #184

Harmonix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ May 8 2009, 02:16 PM) *
You're probably right.... It's just, they screwed over my favorite gaming character in a live-action movie (Street Fighter's Vega, a personal heart-throb.) TWO FF-ING TIMES!

To quote Vega from Street Fighter II SNES, a game in which I am quite familiar, "Yaaaaaaa!"

--------------------

AndYouAreTheOne
post Jun 27 2009, 3:23 AM
Post #185

Charmix Fairy

Avatar is awesome! I've seen every episode except for a few from Book 3...my favorite character is Katara!
melgirl1778
post Nov 23 2009, 4:47 AM
Post #186

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

i Dressed as katara for holloween and youmacon!

--------------------

Made by Jah

Zhanneel
post Nov 23 2009, 4:27 PM
Post #187

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Ha, I saw that on FB. I wish I could have gone to that. You guys looked awesome dressed up. You even had Avatar "sleep" attire. LOL.
melgirl1778
post Nov 23 2009, 5:04 PM
Post #188

Cosmix Fairy

Did you see the pic of tuxedo mask? his costume was awesome, and as my friend said "made me swoon." lol, You should come to ohayocon! its not too far away from you is it? or is there a convention in indiana that you would go to? cause i may just be there!

--------------------

Made by Jah

Fortress Guy
post Nov 23 2009, 5:37 PM
Post #189

Harmonix Fairy

I can go dressed as a "strange visitor from another planet". Hmm, well, that is more or less how I dress every day...

--------------------

melgirl1778
post Nov 23 2009, 5:38 PM
Post #190

Cosmix Fairy

Like Chuck Norris?

--------------------

Made by Jah

melgirl1778
post Nov 23 2009, 8:02 PM
Post #191

Cosmix Fairy

here is the link to our whole avatar clan at the convention, there is a better one that im not taged in (cause i had class when they took it).

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9883...mp;id=514595606

--------------------

Made by Jah

Fortress Guy
post Nov 23 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #192

Harmonix Fairy

QUOTE (melgirl1778 @ Nov 23 2009, 03:02 PM) *
here is the link to our whole avatar clan at the convention, there is a better one that im not taged in (cause i had class when they took it).

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9883...mp;id=514595606

That is sweet. Especially the trick with the water! I will comment on FB.

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Nov 24 2009, 4:34 AM
Post #193

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

QUOTE (melgirl1778 @ Nov 23 2009, 12:04 PM) *
Did you see the pic of tuxedo mask? his costume was awesome, and as my friend said "made me swoon." lol, You should come to ohayocon! its not too far away from you is it? or is there a convention in indiana that you would go to? cause i may just be there!

I saw a lot of the pics linked from your friend's album. All awesome!

I would definitely attend, I think. Ha. If there was a convention in Indiana. I'm not toooo far, but it's something I'd have to ask work off for and blah blah work is full of cranky managers. Indiana isn't the most happen-est place for "cool" events. But if it's not too far from Kalamazoo I could do a day trip with my friend if I could ever get a day off in my life again. *cackles* (The Ren Fair near Flint was pretty awesome it turned out. Nothing like hard cider, lol.)
Zhanneel
post Nov 24 2009, 4:39 AM
Post #194

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fortress Guy @ Nov 23 2009, 12:37 PM) *
I can go dressed as a "strange visitor from another planet". Hmm, well, that is more or less how I dress every day...

Holy Nascar, I didn't know this whole time we were in the presence of the greatest man ever (aside from McGyver)! So Mr. Norris, have you sued NBC for stealing the names Law and Order, the trademarked names of your left and right legs?
melgirl1778
post Nov 24 2009, 4:40 AM
Post #195

Cosmix Fairy

im not too sure of any in kzoo, though i will be there dec 19th for hockey. theres always metrocon in may. i can look for whats in indiana!

--------------------

Made by Jah

Zhanneel
post Nov 24 2009, 4:41 AM
Post #196

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Sweet, if you find something I'm probably for it. I need to have more fun, lol. It's a necessity at this point.
melgirl1778
post Nov 25 2009, 5:24 PM
Post #197

Cosmix Fairy

There was one in Indianapolis in august, thats all i found...

Going back to avatar! Jackson Rathbone (Jasper) is playing sokka! i love him and am so excited. and after seeing him in interviews, i really think he will be able to pull it off.

--------------------

Made by Jah

wkw427
post Oct 12 2010, 12:24 AM
Post #198

Cosmix Fairy

I just finished all the episodes and the movie. Granted, I saw the movie first before the cartoon.

Its pretty darn good. Again, it was a very good show.. I want more of it. :)

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
padr49904
post Oct 12 2010, 8:56 AM
Post #199

Pixie

QUOTE (wkw427 @ Oct 11 2010, 07:24 PM) *
I just finished all the episodes and the movie. Granted, I saw the movie first before the cartoon.

Its pretty darn good. Again, it was a very good show.. I want more of it. :)

They are going to make a new mini series based on the adventures of a newer avatar, a southern water bender. She (I think it's a she) has learned all the elements except air and has to travel to Aang's son to learn it. I think it will only have like 10 episodes though.

Please add this to my first post.

The movie wasn't very good, the firebenders couldn't even make fire they had to get it from a torch or something. They changed a lot of names because Shamalamadon (do not know how to spell it) wanted it to have a more asian feel to it. Aang (or Aahng if you want to get movie technical) did not do any really cool air bending not even his scooter thing. They left out a lot of parts, such as them meeting their dad (I think that was in book 1) and the pirates were no where to be seen. But this is what you get when you try and squish down a season of a show into one movie and when you get Shamalamadon to direct a kids movie.

--------------------

Whovian since 2007
Kaylin
post Nov 10 2010, 1:30 AM
Post #200

Believix Fairy

Yeah, that post about sums the movie up. I was really excited to see it, especially after being an Avatar fan for several years. But it really disappointed me- they just changed too much. Plus, the acting sucked big time. D: I could go on forever on why I hated the movie, but I think Sokka can sum it up for me.

Heh. Anyways, a new series IS coming out. It's called the Legend of Korra, and it's like you said- she goes to find Aang's son to teach him waterbending. (which is weird, because technically she is Aang... So I guess he gets to see his father again? Hahah)

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 11:02 AM