Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> I could be making money.., From uploading the subs
wkw427
post Sep 9 2009, 11:17 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

404 part 1 with subtitles has become so popular that I have been asked to become a partner and make a profit.. Hah
But, alas..

* Do not monetize:
o A photograph...
o Any music...
o Any movie or TV visuals...
o Any artwork...
o Any play, theatrical work or concert...
o ...unless you created the contents of the entire video or have permission of the person who created or produced it.

So, I can't. Although it would of been funny, I don't think I would be able to share any profit with bub icon_razz.gif
I'm not even going to submit the application because if you submit it and it is not allowed, the video is removed. Just pointing out how popular they are! icon_razz.gif

This post has been edited by wkw427: Sep 9 2009, 11:17 PM

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
Boo
post Sep 9 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Congratulations! Even though you can't cash them in, so to speak. :/

I also received a notification like that for one of my videos just a while ago. It kind of bummed me out... icon_razz.gif How come my own videos can't be that popular? *pouts*

Ah well...

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
wkw427
post Sep 9 2009, 11:56 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

No, I'm not saying something like "OMG my vids are so popular im going to make money suckahs! HAHAHA!!!!"

On the contrary, I'm saying how popular our work is. though I'm confused when they picked 404p1 instead of the first or last one. They have many more views

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
mightymarty2
post Sep 10 2009, 8:06 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

as you mentioned there are legal issues with that

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
wkw427
post Sep 10 2009, 2:22 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

I got another request for 404p1 icon_sad.gif

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Boo
post Sep 11 2009, 1:59 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

QUOTE (wkw427 @ Sep 9 2009, 11:56 PM) *
No, I'm not saying something like "OMG my vids are so popular im going to make money suckahs! HAHAHA!!!!"

I think you misunderstood me. :/ I should have explained a bit more...
I was talking about my own personal videos in relation to my fan-made Winx ones. As in: I wish the videos that I made myself were as popular as the fan-made Winx videos I submit... But alas, it seems to happen that way for a great many things. Take my fansite for example: 100,000+ hits on the homepage. My photography website? 500.
x_x

QUOTE (wkw427 @ Sep 10 2009, 02:22 PM) *
I got another request for 404p1 icon_sad.gif

That is such a bummer! icon_sad.gif
Well, at least you are being acknowledged for your work? :/ Though it is kind of an inadvertently cruel acknowledgment...

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
wkw427
post Sep 11 2009, 8:48 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Yes, even though I can't act, the very fact of knowing this warms my heart

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

EnchantixEnergy
post Oct 16 2009, 9:24 PM
Post #8

Earth Girl

Group: New Members

lol don't accept money lol animation companies will burn fansub groups if they try to earn any money from their work XDD

But I do enjoy watching your subs ^^...

anyone know where I can download episode 14 season 4 decent quality cuz i forgot to set up my recorder T.T
DreamAngel
post Oct 18 2009, 2:37 PM
Post #9

Pixie

All the episodes are listed right here...

http://magixclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3088
wkw427
post Oct 18 2009, 5:37 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

ok...?

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Dreaming_faerie
post Nov 1 2009, 8:46 PM
Post #11

Charmix Fairy

So if you could, you'd make a profit off of them? Wow. Not even anime fansubbing groups think twice about that. They usually have notes advising that if you did pay for a fansub, it's totally illegal and the person can be put in a lot of hot water over it.

If anything, consider all the traffic good. Anime companies go for series with a lot of downloads and such. Sure, this isn't an anime, but if 4Kids or another company saw how much attention and possible profit that Winx Club brought up, there would be a possible revival of it in America. Of course it's then asked that the subbers stop subbing and releasing any bit of the series, but hey, release dates that aren't constantly changing for DVDs? Sign me up!

--------------------
wkw427
post Nov 7 2009, 10:27 AM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

overnight

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:11 PM