Add Reply
> A Complaint Has Been Sent...
Abby
post Nov 7 2007, 2:05 AM
Post #21

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

QUOTE (Boo @ Nov 6 2007, 06:59 PM) *
huh. I actually think America has too much crud on TV. Other then one other country, America is the only country that displays medicine commercials on TV. Commercials are horrible nowadays anyway. I watch NBC and some of the commercials are just overall; inappropriate in all ways. I feel awful that my little sister is being exposed to such adult concepts just by viewing a few seconds of a commercial.

Now for cartoons; when it comes down to it, we have a lot of awful cartoons. Booger picking and such and expressing bodily functions over and over again and making kids enjoy it... Of course, the American cartoons don't get edited to fit a 'childs needs', but foreign cartoons always seem to get chopped into pieces to make it more 'kid friendly'. I find that to be awful.

my brother watches so many shows that have so much violence, and he really likes bionicles which is mostly about people fighting and I don't think that is right.
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Nov 7 2007, 11:10 AM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

*I apoligize if this post is age-inapropriate for this forum, feel free to remove it if it is.*

What I don't like about American sensorship in general, is the violent/sexual content debacle. You can have all the violence you want, but if you show one sexual situation, the house is to small.
Boo
post Nov 8 2007, 12:18 AM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy

I think that they're is too much of violence and such on TV as it is anyway, at least there are ratings (with strong emphasis on 'at least'). Honestly, some of this is shown on TV commercials, which is totally un-called for and honestly, I don't think they should be able to show half the things they do on commercials...

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
Abby
post Nov 9 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy

I just have no idea anymore where all the tv shows are going these days. TV shows teach kids that it is funny to hit someone and get away with it etc.
Boo
post Nov 9 2007, 1:00 AM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

Yes, (thanks for bringing us back to a 'nicer' subject.)

I watched cartoons with a girl I babysat once, Cartoon Network I think it was, and it had some monkey or something, and they had food fights and let out bodily functions like crazy and made it look totally normal....horrible cartoon, just awful. There are also cartoons where there is hitting (like with pans and pots) and they just go "Ouch!". Thats all, nothing more. I'd sure hate for any kid to try that. o-O

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
P-girl
post Nov 9 2007, 7:19 AM
Post #26

Cosmix Fairy

I think I know what you mean..... I myself don't mind action-packed cartoons, as long as they have at least some depth to it, and that the violence is, in a way, sensible.
Boo
post Nov 10 2007, 1:01 AM
Post #27

Cosmix Fairy

I enjoy certain action packed cartoons as well, as long as its serious instead of comical and if the rating is appropriate (Y7 versus Y).

--------------------
P-girl
post Nov 10 2007, 8:18 AM
Post #28

Cosmix Fairy

Doesn't mean they can't be funny. Just as long as the humor is..... well, funny, and it doesn't feel like it's forced. That's why I like Avatar: The last Airbender so much. The storyline is deep, serious, but at times, the show can get incredibly silly.
Abby
post Nov 11 2007, 7:35 PM
Post #29

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Nov 10 2007, 05:18 AM) *
Doesn't mean they can't be funny. Just as long as the humor is..... well, funny, and it doesn't feel like it's forced. That's why I like Avatar: The last Airbender so much. The storyline is deep, serious, but at times, the show can get incredibly silly.

I like that show too, the main action scenes are meant to be "funny" they are meant to be serious and interesting.
P-girl
post Nov 11 2007, 8:11 PM
Post #30

Cosmix Fairy

Yes, but at the same time, some moments are laugh out loud funny. Remember the episode with the Hippie/nomads?

Katara: 'Say Sokka, how come your fore-head is so red?'
Nomad/Hippie: 'Don't look, but I think that kid (Points at Aang.) might be the Avatar.'
Sokka: *Facepalm*
Abby
post Nov 16 2007, 11:26 PM
Post #31

Cosmix Fairy

yeah thats true about the show also
Boo
post Nov 17 2007, 2:09 AM
Post #32

Cosmix Fairy

I agree. There are cartoons where its never serious though... I don't know why, but I enjoy a little drama or complication or two when I'm watching something. I understand that most of the comical shows are meant towards little kids, but usually, its the comical shows that aren't exactly the greatest for little kids to be watching. *sigh* I dunno how to explain it, here: Cartoon Network disgusts me.

--------------------
Abby
post Nov 17 2007, 4:19 AM
Post #33

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Boo @ Nov 16 2007, 11:09 PM) *
I agree. There are cartoons where its never serious though... I don't know why, but I enjoy a little drama or complication or two when I'm watching something. I understand that most of the comical shows are meant towards little kids, but usually, its the comical shows that aren't exactly the greatest for little kids to be watching. *sigh* I dunno how to explain it, here: Cartoon Network disgusts me.

me too. I used to watch totally spies on it, but they took it off. I don't think it was violent enough for them.
Boo
post Nov 17 2007, 4:36 PM
Post #34

Cosmix Fairy

I'm guessing it was too girly for them. I've noticed that most of the shows on Cartoon Network aren't targeted towards girls....

--------------------
Abby
post Nov 17 2007, 7:43 PM
Post #35

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Boo @ Nov 17 2007, 01:36 PM) *
I'm guessing it was too girly for them. I've noticed that most of the shows on Cartoon Network aren't targeted towards girls....

yeah probably. The only thing I watch on cartoon network is code lyoko sometimes, and when they show the scoobie doo movies (yes I still like scoobie doo.)
Boo
post Nov 18 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #36

Cosmix Fairy

I like Scooby Doo too. That's the only cartoon on cartoon network I enjoy, (unless they don't air it anymore, I'm not sure...) It seems that the rest are just pointless to me... That, and I don't like the simplicity of the drawing style of most of them.

--------------------
Abby
post Nov 20 2007, 11:20 PM
Post #37

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Boo @ Nov 18 2007, 07:19 PM) *
I like Scooby Doo too. That's the only cartoon on cartoon network I enjoy, (unless they don't air it anymore, I'm not sure...) It seems that the rest are just pointless to me... That, and I don't like the simplicity of the drawing style of most of them.

yeah true. I don't think they show the actual show "Scooby Doo" But sometimes they do show the movies (animated and non animated)
Boo
post Nov 21 2007, 8:49 PM
Post #38

Cosmix Fairy

awwww. They don't? I remember watching Scooby Doo all the time when my family had lots of TV channels lol.

My sister the other day said, "I wonder how 4kids is doing". I went on and on about how awful their edits were, untill I caught myself xD

--------------------
Abby
post Nov 23 2007, 12:59 AM
Post #39

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Boo @ Nov 21 2007, 05:49 PM) *
awwww. They don't? I remember watching Scooby Doo all the time when my family had lots of TV channels lol.

My sister the other day said, "I wonder how 4kids is doing". I went on and on about how awful their edits were, untill I caught myself xD

lol, I might watch it one morning, to see if they have their holiday song on like they always do, to see if winx club is in it or not this year. I bet it won't be. Oh well. The one weekend they did have a marathon of the cartoons from the 60's! I loved those when I was little, and I have most of them on VHS! yeah, my family still has plenty of VHS tapes, and players, but those are good movies that we have because they are older (most of our christmas movies are on VHS)
Boo
post Nov 24 2007, 9:56 PM
Post #40

Cosmix Fairy

Cool! My grandparents had a tape with an old cartoon called 'Speed Racer' on it. I loved it (I was like, 8?) They gave me the tape, I think I still have it even though my family's VHS player broke. >_< Most of our movies are on VHS, we only have a few DVDs.

--------------------

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 11:02 AM