Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Enter My Mind
Rating 0
entry Mar 21 2009, 2:46 AM
Because I wanted to.

OMG IT'S MEEEEE! icon_biggrin.gif WITH A REVIEW! BECAUSE I CAN! WOOOOOO!

Disney's TINKERBELL (2008) starring Mae Whitman, Kristin Chenowith, Raven-Symone, and a bunch of other famous people, is the famous fairy's first feature film! (THE DREADED FIVE "F" PHRASE!) It's about Tinkerbell, her arrival in Neverland's Pixie Hollow, and how she finds her place in a world that seems to have a job for everyone. When she learns that Tinkers (her talent) don't typically go off to the Mainland for the beginning of spring, Tink tries everything she can to help and somehow reach the Mainland. Along the way, she makes dear friends and learns that sometimes, doing what you love can make you special in ways that others aren't.

Film aspect review:
First off: CUUUUUUTTTEEEEE!!! A must-see for any Disney fanatic/Tinkerbell fanatic! GO WATCH IT!
-Acting: I give it a solid A.
The talent was all there, and they all did a fantastic job of lending their voices to the characters. My personal favorites were Lucy Liu as Silvermist and Raven-Symone as Iradessa. They BECAME their characters! That's good.
-Technical: I give it another A.
--Animation: the characters' animations were flawless, and in my opinion LOADS better than the WinX movie's. Queen Clarion's arrival sequences always took my breath away, and there was so much attention to detail that it almost seemed like it could be real.
--Film stuff: I didn't really pay attention to the angles and stuff, but there were some shots (like Tink throwing herself into the baby bird's face and scaring the crap out of it) that were SO perfect that it became obvious how much work went into the whole thing. It took a while to animate this movie, trust me. Also, for music, there was an obvious Irish/Celtic theme with the background music. It was pretty cool. Thumbs up!
-Plot: I give it a B.
I know Tink's backstory, and I can totally understand her need to fit in and be helpful. On the other hand, I kind of wish that the movie (despite being TITLED for her) focused less on Tink and more on the other pixies. Terrence deserved much more screen time (his VA notwithstanding). Otherwise, it was a pretty good story, with plenty of kid-friendly jokes and messages. Highly recommended.

Overall rating: A-

Let me reiterate this: IT IS SO CUTE!!! And since we love our fairies and pixies here at MagixClub, I figure y'all had better check this ultra-kawaii film out for yourselves. Men, you may watch it under your covers at night if you fear losing your Man Cards. Don't worry, it all can be arranged. ;-P In any case, keep watching after the final CG scene (with Tinkerbell doing her trademark Disney pose) because the first few credit cards have illustrations provided by the artists who illustrate the kids' book series Disney's Fairies, and they are made of awesome. Plus, the music is great.

Since I didn't see this film in theaters (it _wasn't_ in theaters) I can't give you the cinema review. But I can say that this movie is worth renting (and possibly buying). Fans of Tinkerbell rejoice. She's hit the silver screen again!

EDIT: This was posted a little late due to the fact that a virus ate the guts of my computer. All fixed! =D

~Sayonara, minna!

« Next Oldest · Enter My Mind · Next Newest »

SMTWTFS

Search My Blog

My Picture

0 user(s) viewing
0 guest(s)
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

My Gallery Albums