Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Darkstorm Desires Blog
Rating 0
entry Sep 13 2011, 9:36 AM
To the people who think same sex marriage is wrong I say this
You can say it’s not right, not normal but there is nothing more normal in this world then love anymore and everyone deserves the right to love no mater who its with so with that being said I’m going to take courage and say the one thing to you all I never could before I’m not entirely straight, I like both Woman and Men and I don’t care what anyone thinks, if one day I decide to marry and its a girl I’ve fallen in love with I want to be allowed to marry her.

To those who say Australia’s not ready for this kind of change

it’s not a case of being ready, everyone deserves equal rights and to be allowed to love and marry who ever they chose it doesn’t matter if some of the country doesn’t like it because its natural for someone to be against someone else’s need to be happy but that doesn’t mean it should be illegal

I may not be 100% gay and I know that one day if I do get married it more then likely will be to a guy but I don’t think that it should be up to us to tell someone they aren’t allowed to marry the guy/girl they truly love just because their of the same sex. Everyone should have equal rights no matter how they identify their sexuality, and I think referring to it as Gay marriage is wrong as well as a Marriage is a Marriage no matter the couple and as many people have said in reference to labeling we’re not cans of soup.

« Next Oldest · Darkstorm Desires Blog · Next Newest »

Comments

post Sep 13 2011, 2:51 PM
Comment #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Did anyone here disagree with you on this? Or was it in the shoutbox? I'm in the dark

Not that I disagree with you, I could care less if someone is or is not gay. What someone does in their free time is none of my business.

So whats up?

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
post Sep 13 2011, 3:32 PM
Comment #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I agree but these things sadly take time to change.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
post Sep 13 2011, 3:56 PM
Comment #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

Personally I think that same sex marriage goes against the definition of marriage.

the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.

Now, that being said, I don't really care if gay marriage is legalized. I just want to know why you'd want to get married in the first place. Marriage, in many cultures, was originally a religious event, in others it was a legal event, and others a political event. All of which supported the thought process of a man and woman getting together to create a family with children to carry on the family name and all that good stuff. However, you can technically NOT be married, still live together, and get all that stuff.

HOWEVER, I'm not going to sit on a soap box and say that same sex marriage is wrong yadda yadda yadda. If you want to marry another girl then who am I to say that you can't.

--------------------

« Next Oldest · Darkstorm Desires Blog · Next Newest »

SMTWTFS

Search My Blog