Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Monday Night Combat, A topic about Monday Night Combat.
CyberZero
post Sep 18 2010, 3:42 AM
Post #1

Charmix Fairy

Group: Members

It seems no one has posted a topic of Monday Night Combat so I think I'll start. It was released as one of the summer of arcade games and can be bought for 1200 Microsoft points for your xbox 360. It is a third person sports shooters that includes 6 different classes (some see this game as a TF2 clone).
Every class has different default stats and sponsor endorsements (endorsements increase or give different passive stats). Each class also has 3 active skills and a passive skill which can be upgraded. It costs $150 (ingame money) to upgrade a skill to level 2 and $400 to lvl 3, but the passive skill has little effect unless it's at level 2 and should be your first prioriy. Upgrading skills will also passively increase stats.
There are two modes of gameplay:
Blitz and Crossfire.
Blitz mode is a pros (players) vs bots where you have to fight waves of robot's whose goal is to destroy the moneyball by your spawn point. Protect the moneyball for the given number of rounds or as long as possible of sudden death blitz (infinate rounds). More bots are spawned in a wave if more players are participating (coop mode). Set up turrets to help fight these mobs and you can upgrade them to make them better.
Here's a link to what the turrets look like: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2010...MNC_turrets.jpg
From left to right is levels 1 to 3 (top left corner is a turret nub used to build turrets), and from top to bottom is Lazer Blazer (low cost, low armor, low damage but level 3 stops bots real good, quick build/upgrade time for immediate defenses), Shave Ice (moderately high cost, high armor, releases a slowing aura, upgrading increases radius and speed lost, targets slown down are covered with snow frost and snow flakes), Long Shot (moderate cost, weakest armor, high attack power, shoots high arc shots at distant opponents), and Rockit (high cost, high damage, high armor, splash damage). Players start with $600 in a blitz match.

Crossfire is where you test your skills against other players in online firefights. Yes, you still gotta fight bots while you you get your bots to the opposing team's moneyball. This is where the fun begins in one of four arenas: LaseRazor, Grenade III, Ammo Mule, and Steel Peel.
It's the Hot Shots vs the Icemen.
There are also 8 types of bots that spawn. Slim (weak bots, mostly 1 hit kill), Black Jack (the moderate bot enemy), Scramblers (emits a skill draining aura), Buzzers (tiny flankers that explode on contact), Gremlins (camouflaged, small bots), Bouncer (high-armored melee bot), Gap Shot (long range arc shots), Jackbot XL (highly armored boss bot that can only be grappled by Assassins or Snipers.
I will be posting a few things about each class later.

--------------------
Yeah, I play the sniper in Monday Night Combat. (I'm apparently hated for being cheap at times) ^.^
Go to the top of the page
wkw427
post Sep 18 2010, 6:30 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

I don't really bother about FPS games on console.. Because the PC requires more skill. You have 100+ keys to bind on the PC, only 16 on console

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
CyberZero
post Sep 20 2010, 12:27 AM
Post #3

Charmix Fairy

QUOTE (wkw427 @ Sep 18 2010, 02:30 PM) *
I don't really bother about FPS games on console.. Because the PC requires more skill. You have 100+ keys to bind on the PC, only 16 on console

Yeah, keyboards are very versatile and can be set to preference. And that's why I rarely use my pc controller.

The Assault. He is the one you do the tutorial part with and is very easy to use let alone powerful in the right hands. This suave, unofficial leader of his team, and football player styled man comes with a a fancy assault rifle, grenade launcher, remote bombs, and a jetpack to hover or to charge at his foes.
"It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look winning."
Weapons: Assault Rifle
This handy weapon has a fast rate of fire along with a great damage and a chance of critical shots when the Assault passive skill is upgraded. The alternat fire (Left Trigger) aims down his sights increasing accuracy but that reduces his speed. With this weapon, the Assault has the fastest reload time without endorsements, period.
Grenade Launcher
This weapon fires wall bouncing grenades at a slow rate that travel in an arc fashion while causing a high area damage. Grenades launched may also be affected as a critical shot causing more damage.

Skills:
Passive: At a Level 2 the assault can jump higher whil given a critical shot rate. Level 3 further increases the rate.
Bomb: The Assault can lay an remotely detonate bombs at any given moment (one at a time). Upgrading this skill will increase the damage and maximum radius. Bombs can be used to blow away targets (can ring out enemy pros), cause periodic burn damage to enemy pros, and most likely kill a pro if stuck to on (you still have to detonate it though).
Fly: While using his jetpack to hover the his accuracy decreases, but he can use all of his skills in mid-air and cannot be grappled while flying. If he charges during a flight, he'll dash straight foward. Upgrading the Fly skill increases the duration.
Charge: Like a bull rushing foward, the Assault will charge at his enemies with all his might, but it's not just for attacking, this skill is a useful retreat technique. Upgrading to Level 2 will increase the damage while Level 3 will grapple and attempt to ring out the first person he hits while charging. Unfortunately, this prevents mobbing and may ruin escape plans so upgrading is up to you.
Taunts: with assault rifle he says, "HA HA HA! *holds up assault rifle and looks at it* I LOOOOOVE what you do!"
With grenade launcher: "Stand aside, I take LARGE steps."
Endorsements: Every class has three default endorsements. Unlocking custom classes will allow you to use any class with endorsements that you prefer.
Assault default:
Level 3 (gold): (rate of fire +21%)
Level 2 (silver): (clip size +60%)
Level 1 (bronze): (skill recovery speed +20%).
Excuse the meta ads but that's Monday Night Combat for you, the lethal sport of the future.
Also note that gold endorsements are more powerful than silver and bronze ones.

--------------------
Yeah, I play the sniper in Monday Night Combat. (I'm apparently hated for being cheap at times) ^.^

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 3:37 PM