Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Add Reply
> Winx Club DS - Believix In You, New Season 4 DS Game! Coming in October!
Rating 5 V
dittadulla
post Sep 12 2009, 11:15 AM
Post #21

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

xD I didn't even know of a DSi, Lite is good enough for me =D

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
Dreaming_faerie
post Sep 12 2009, 4:52 PM
Post #22

Charmix Fairy

Group: Members

Oh man, the DSi isn't region free?

From I found (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/nintendo-dsi-software-region-locked and from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DSi), it looks like because you can use wifi on the DSi (and for the DS and DS lite, you need a certain 'game' to do so), it locks on whatever internet service for the region and that's why it isn't region-free.

Which really stinks. D: It being region free is why I love the DS and PSP.

--------------------
dreamywinxgirl94
post Sep 13 2009, 9:21 PM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy

Oh, hmm. I have region free from my older verison 1 DS too. I still can use it incase if the game doesn't have DSi. The problem is...I hope all the games won't be in DSi. 0.0

I also heard DSi also has internet too like viewing it from the computer. It has a voice recorder of course pictures and more, I forgot...^^"

DSi looks like Lite too as well, it just that they have other cool things too. =) But it sad that you can't play Game Boy Advance Games in it..-_-" Oh well..if I wanna playing Game Boy Advance Games, I play it in my first version. =)

--------------------

~Believe in Winx Dreams!~
DreamyWinx Will Always Be Remembered 2008-2015:

*Forum Set Made by Me.* xD

P-girl
post Sep 13 2009, 9:23 PM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

The big problem with No GBA port for me is.... the Guitar Hero On Tour grip. It goes in that slot. And I play those games near religiously.
dittadulla
post Sep 13 2009, 9:58 PM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

The GBA slot is a very magical thing for I have a few of these games since I was smaller. Especially Yoshi's Island. My favorite game. Ever.

--------------------
P-girl
post Sep 13 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #26

Cosmix Fairy

Not to mention some game franchises give bonusses for games in your GBA slot, Pokémon lets you transfer your mons, and Advance Wars gives you new maps and artwork.
mightymarty2
post Sep 14 2009, 7:50 AM
Post #27

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

thats the one of the things that annoys me with nintendo is the fact that once they upgrade normally the old game cartridges become useless within one generation

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
dreamywinxgirl94
post Sep 14 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #28

Cosmix Fairy

I guess like GameCube (As most of the games being transfer to Wii) Game Boy (Square Ones) Been gone forever, I still have those games I have to play it in the Game Boy Advance since it doesn't work in Nintendo DS anymore. I guess they drop the old ones because they aren't popular anymore. -_-" Cause they are more into improvements with technology fun, more improvements makes the company have more money for whoever invented the DS System.

--------------------

P-girl
post Sep 15 2009, 7:52 AM
Post #29

Cosmix Fairy

Not all of them. I can still play PS1 games on my PS3.... with a little help from my computer-savvy friends, but still. And who can forget the online shops of the Wii, where you can legally purchase N64, SNES and even NES games?

This post has been edited by P-girl: Sep 15 2009, 7:53 AM
dreamywinxgirl94
post Sep 15 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #30

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah heh, I still have PS1, PS2 and they work on my PS3 too. =D Yeah I can understand that.

--------------------

Лики
post Feb 21 2010, 5:41 PM
Post #31

Enchantix Fairy

from http://rai-dues.blogspot.com/download game
P-girl
post Feb 27 2010, 8:38 PM
Post #32

Cosmix Fairy

So, I played trough this one.... would anyone be interested in a tekst-based review?
Enchanted Adonis
post Mar 15 2010, 8:28 PM
Post #33

Earth Girl

Group: New Members

My little sister will love this game when it comes out.
wkw427
post Mar 19 2010, 5:30 PM
Post #34

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Feb 27 2010, 04:38 PM) *
So, I played trough this one.... would anyone be interested in a tekst-based review?

Yes please, I only played it for li,e, five mins total

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
P-girl
post Mar 19 2010, 6:03 PM
Post #35

Cosmix Fairy

All Right. Here goes.

Basically, you're playing trough a heavily simplified Season 4 (And I do mean HEAVILY, more on that, later) With mini-games. It's structured so that for each month, you have to gain either Money, boyfriend time, relaxation time and later on, Believix level in the city. The girls also have individual metres for relaxation, energy and Believix level, which you gotta keep in the green. Both this and a weekly horoscope will decide the difficulty level of the mini-games (Green for easy, yellow for mediocre, red for hard. Standard stuff). For both work and Believix, the girls have unique mini-games. Relaxation has four in total, boyfriend has two.

Now, I gotta admit, for a game driven by mini-games, this is fairly deep, and shows effort. However.... the mini-games, unsurprisingly, are too easy, and will get repetitive after a while. There's also a battle system, which is basically another mini-game.

Sound is.... mediocre, I admit to finding the battle tune kinda catchy, but the rest is bland girly theme songs.

Now, here are the things that irked me the most:

The battle system has NO different animations for other attacks. They either throw up a barrier or throw an orb at the enemy and vice versa. No different animation for super-attacks, no different COLORS, even. Just the same yellow orb. EVERY TIME. BO-RING. Especially since they make such a big deal out of getting new attacks, making you earn them and giving them very intricate descriptions once you obtain them. FAIL!

They follow the season 4 story, only simplified to the point it's basically Winx vs. Wizards battle. Latter, rinse, repeat. Now, I can understand that, for that, some characters had to go. I never expected Andy or Jason to show up, but they left out ROXY. COMPLETELY. Love her or hate her, that's just..... facepalm-worthy. Even worse, later, they use screenshots from later episodes in different context. One of them actually containing Roxy!FAIL!

And finally.... where's Gantlos' hat? Seriously. In the battle animations, he never wears his hat. Ever. Why? In the series, he has perhaps one single scene without his hat, and that scene is quickly followed with him retreiving it at the risk of his life. It's kind of a big part of his design. How can you miss that? EPIC FAIL.

Yeah.... it's fun for maybe five minutes, and for really young girls. But if you're an older Winx fan. Don't bother. Or if you're hard-core, wait for it to be at bargain-bin price or something (Or download). It's not worth the full price of a DS game.
wkw427
post Mar 24 2010, 5:06 PM
Post #36

Cosmix Fairy

Thanks for the review
Put it on gamefaqs icon_biggrin.gif

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Kendall112
post Jan 3 2011, 7:52 PM
Post #37

Bloomix Fairy

Does anyone know where I can buy this game. all I found was one on Amazon.de and I dont know if they ship to the U.S

--------------------
P-girl
post Jan 3 2011, 9:26 PM
Post #38

Cosmix Fairy

E-bay?
Kendall112
post Jan 3 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #39

Bloomix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Jan 3 2011, 04:26 PM) *
E-bay?

No they dont have it. It is the hardest game to find.

--------------------
Kendall112
post Feb 26 2011, 2:22 AM
Post #40

Bloomix Fairy

I don't know why but I LUV heart.gif This Game

--------------------

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 6:14 AM