2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> General Discussion on the winx relationships, How do they size up
aqua_pearl
post Oct 21 2009, 4:30 AM
Post #1

Sirenix Fairy

Group: Members

OK here Im just going to give my general ideas of how I feel the couples are together and why or why not they're a good match. Also Im going to say how long I think theyve been together up to season 4 , i know some people will view it different (I consider the movie a year since it was december at least ( blooms birthday) in the movie (half way through the school year) then season 4 started a new school year. Season 4 I guess we can say is half a year.

that also brings an off topic question of "Is December Bloom's real birthday?" Like how would her earth parents know what it is? Did they make it up or went by when they found her or something? She can ask her real parents now but ya....anyways.

Bloom and Sky: 2 1/2 years

In my opinion Sky and Bloom only went out for the past two years. In the first year they liked each other but they werent together. Im still not sure if they actually kissed at the end of season 1 or she was just imagining doing it. Season 2 they clearly liked each other but they didnt seem like a couple, especially since they were complaining about never getting time together. It seemed like when Sky finally manned up and kissed Bloom at the end of Season 2 that they actually started something. And apart from Diaspro, his parents, the bad guys and several fights between them, they seem to be a loving couple.

Do I think they make a good couple. No, not really, but she could do alot worse. Sky is bland, a little childish sometimes, but so is she, a bit goody goody sometimes, and often seems a little slow, at least to me. You dont really know much about him other then he likes bloom. You get more out of ophir with his first convo with aisha

But He has a lot of pressure on him, and he does seem to love bloom and his heart is in teh right place. And even though he doesnt exactly have many winning qualities about him, I guess Blooms just happy to have someone nice who loves her. He's not my type though.

Flora and Helia: 2 1/2 years

Meeting in season 2, Flora and Helia jumped right into their relationship after Flora got up the nerve to confess her feelings and have been inseperable ever since. With Flora being my unofficial favourite, I would have liked her to have the more rugged manly type that seems tough but is really a cuddly bear. She got Helia. I like Helia though, and Flora isnt really someone I suppose who's impressed by competivness or cockiness. Besides he has beefed up from his stick thin form of season 2 and become more social which win points for me ( i decided i like his hair cut) but at the same time is a little unpleasent because I dont want all the guys to be the same like the girls are more like this season, but I just pretend hes comfortable within his group of friends. Either way Flora while quite, seems like the type who doesnt need a man to take care of her, selfsuficient I suppose, and Helia's sweet gestures, consideration and offers of affection would appeal to her more in a partner then dashing good looks and the ability to life a truck faster then the other guy.

Stella and Brandon 3 1/2 years

Stella's more the type to like the guy who lifts the truck. Stella and Brandon I find are a more likeable couple and the oldest in my opinion. A couple since the end of season 1, even if the first couple years they were just dating and not steady, its hard to tell. I wasnt to happy about them in the beginning, the obvious beauty queen and pretty boy of the show were a likely pair, choosing each other for their looks seemed to be their only reason to be together at first (as stella later her voiced her fears in season 3) I could never tell if they were getting serious or not for one minute they'd declare their love, the next jot down phone numbers, declare love, Brandon trys to get other girls to kiss them. However towards the end of the season two they seemed much more affectionate to jsut each other, and in season 3 they both seemed more mature and their feelings of love seemed true. As people they immediatly come off as warm and reliable, always seeming to be the first to support what someone wants. While they still can come off as vain and ditzy, they are very likeable as people, and a couple.

Tecna and Timmy 3 1/2 years

Ok they tie for amount of time being together with Stella if you disregard her break from him in season 2, but then again stellas break in season 4...What to say about TEcna and Timmy. Love Tecna. Theres not much originality about timmy, but hes still likeable. A passive strategist, smart and good with tecnology who seems to prefer to avoid fighting if he has to. Him and tecna have a lot in common, and alot of people were upset that of course the nerd should be paired with the smart girl and she should have someone better. And maybe she should. But timmy is nice, and an advantage he has over other guys is he can actually follow a conversation with her. He might not be the most exciting boyfriend but its probably a comfort to Tecna to be able to have an intelligable conversation with someone on the same wave length as her instead of just giving her puzzled looks. And Timmy did make her less like a computer.

Aisha and Ophir 1 1/2 years

Despite they were in an arranged marriage both of them despised they ended up being perfect and fell in love. Aww. Thats actually not sarcism. if I had to pick one of these guys I would go with Ophir. I have a list. He's skilled, brave, funny, kind, sociable, affectionate, adventurous, inquisitve, friendly, mature aka. perfect. He'slike if sky grew up but was less cocky then brandon and riven, yet still a touch romantic and more knowledgeable. They really plastered him with the good qualities, and our little feminist Layla caught herself a good one. Despite liking her independence i cant blame her for snapping up a good guy since they're rare. Even though theyve only gone out a short time and despite Laylas sudden bubble of girlishness I actually like that theyre engaged, and dont think its a bad idea. If it was this soon with another guy *HaCk* CoUgH* *sNeEZe* sky *GaRgle* *CoUgH* I'd say it was a bad idea. Thats all I have to say. I think theyre one of the more interesting and better couples.

Musa and Riven 2 1/2 years

The pickle. Our problem couple. But I love em. Like Bloom and Sky while it was evident from the beginning they liked each other, it took a while to get the ball rolling, and official things didnt really happen until the end of season 2 apart from getting to understand each other. In my opinion Riven is the best looking of the guys. The bad boy i guess. What he wears at the fruity music bar makes me drool and wish that more men would use him as a role model and go to the gym. He had the whole troubled child hood like musa with trust issues and craving for control and to prove himself, but then you catch those really rare moments where hes all sweet, and affectionate and trying to do the right thing despite being a big screw up and you just want to cover him in kisses and give him a hug for being so innocent. That is until you remember he was the one who messed up in the first place from a savage attack of pms, acted retarded and can go jump his stupid butt off a cliff for all you care. I would not have patience for this guy and I admire Musa's attempt to be understanding, but I don't think he makes the best boyfriend material. Unless he can prove he's changed and can be supportive and hide his possesivness, I wouldnt take him back. What really scares me is Rainbow might try to get her to take him back by getting Riven to propose to her, since it currently seems the trendy thing to do with the winx, and Musa will be all touched and jump into his arms and tell him she loves him and cant believe he wants to marry her and commit to her

*EXPLOSION*

If that happens i will shave my head.

Hey kids! Got deep psycological and relationship issues and can't work them out? Foroget couples therapy, just get married! When you find your partner it willing to marry you who cares what probems remain unsolved between yoU! Forget deep underlying issues, Your getting married!

Opinions, disagreements, comments, views, etc, welcome

This post has been edited by aqua_pearl: Oct 21 2009, 4:33 AM
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Oct 21 2009, 5:41 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

It's quite some nice, deep notes....

Only, I'm the one hoping that at some point, Musa and Riven call it quits.
For Good.
They're just not right for each other, and the ultimate example of two people with the same personality flaws sometimes should stay FAR away from each other. They both need someone who isn't as possesive, actually supportive of their actions and someone who's mellow on them.

Someone like Jason.

Who is now married.

Class act, Rai. Way to keep the Status Quo. thumbsdown.gif *Still not over it*
Dark_Side_Master
post Oct 21 2009, 6:00 AM
Post #3

Mythix Fairy

You may be right in some things, but i don't agree with everything. As always, it's all about opinions of different people. I think, that you're wrong about Helia and Flora. She is not "selfsuficient" person, and i think that Helia is the best person for her. But again, it's all the matter of opinions and tastes of different people.

--------------------
Glory to the Sin'doray!!!

Forum set by *Stella*. Thank you so much! Official image by Blizzard Co.

Userbar made by jah-jah. thank you so much :)
Oh, and the main thing, HERE AM I!
mightymarty2
post Oct 21 2009, 7:11 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

@dark side master:I disagree i think flora could be self suficent

i think you have got it about right, now p-girl hastold me that i am suprised i thought musa may have got with jason, she should leave riven when he treats her like that

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
aqua_pearl
post Oct 23 2009, 3:49 AM
Post #5

Sirenix Fairy

Well P Girl thats why they have a little thing called divorce which in any situation would be depressing but in winx would make some of us happy.

But I think its good reality check for Musa anyway. When she was mad with Riven she started admiring Jason, and when she couldnt have Jason it leaves her two choices. Find someone that made her happy the way Jason did or return to Jason. I would hope Musa's feelings towards Jason would make her realise theres a big hole in terms of their relationship. Besides it would be nice to have a break up that lasts more then a few episodes. Maybe theyre trying to do the whole "theyre growing together thing" but im more fore decluttering what you dont need and going and finding the right fit. And if you look at statistics where 50% of relationships dont last long term, half the winx could be single

I think Flora's very self sufficient, she always takes care of herself and is responsible, she never expects others or some guy to do things for her , shes always keeping busy, and if anything she seems to be a bit of support for the winx as the motherly shoulder to cry on. Just because shes not as wild as some of the girls means shes helpless

This post has been edited by aqua_pearl: Oct 23 2009, 3:52 AM
P-girl
post Oct 23 2009, 5:44 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

I would've hoped having the affections of a man who's actually good for her, she'd stop this unhealthy one she has with Riven.
winxclubrox23
post Oct 23 2009, 7:16 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

QUOTE (aqua_pearl @ Oct 20 2009, 09:30 PM) *
What really scares me is Rainbow might try to get her to take him back by getting Riven to propose to her, since it currently seems the trendy thing to do with the winx, and Musa will be all touched and jump into his arms and tell him she loves him and cant believe he wants to marry her and commit to her

*EXPLOSION*

Hey kids! Got deep psycological and relationship issues and can't work them out? Foroget couples therapy, just get married! When you find your partner it willing to marry you who cares what probems remain unsolved between yoU! Forget deep underlying issues, Your getting married!

AHHH! SOMEONE BRING ME A PAPER BAG! I NEED TO HYPERVENTILATE! BADLY! *Hyperventilates*

Forget shaving my head! I'll call it quits! Give up my title, toss Riven into a dark alley somewhere. The whole works. Aaaaand, I'd shave my head. As well as LIVE in the paper bag I'm hyperventilating with as I type this.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
aqua_pearl
post Oct 24 2009, 3:49 AM
Post #8

Sirenix Fairy

But "they have to live happily ever after". It cant be "thats life. It can suck like that."

How they can handle this in a good way is they both meet different people who they can live with in a more friendly enviorment. Then they can have their happily ever after while saying things dont always work out.

I can see Musa find someone, but I think Riven would have a harder time. After the two years it takes for him to ask a girl out ( or like musa, to put the moves on him) she'll discover shes not allowed to talk to other men because hes her boyfriend. Ya. Thats the reason.

I think he's Bipolar.

This post has been edited by aqua_pearl: Oct 24 2009, 3:50 AM
winxclubrox23
post Oct 24 2009, 4:48 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

That's okay. I'll date him anyways. XD

But yeah, the poor guy seems so, so sad. Musa's entering the mean range in my opinion. Like, even after he groveled, she's still mad. All he did was say you can't sing Musa. Everyone knows your amazing. Get over it. Sheesh. icon_wink.gif

--------------------

aqua_pearl
post Oct 24 2009, 6:39 PM
Post #10

Sirenix Fairy

She is pretty sensitive, but still you can't take him anywhere it seems without him stirring up trouble. And while honesty is nice he seems almost spiteful, I guess because he's jealous.

winxclubrox23
post Oct 24 2009, 7:15 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah. Plus Jason's kinda of a creeper himself. He wouldn't have been good for Musa either. Like, he was hitting on Musa when he was engaged. That's a tad messed up.

--------------------

P-girl
post Oct 24 2009, 7:17 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

So... Brandon's a creeper, to? He once flirted with THREE girls, while engaged with Stella,when standing right next to her. Sorry, I don't see being a bit of a flirt as something that bad. And what did he do wrong besides that?

This post has been edited by P-girl: Oct 24 2009, 7:17 PM
winxclubrox23
post Oct 24 2009, 7:19 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Brandon's not engaged. And Stella was mad at him anyways.

Ooh, it's like Sky too. He was engaged to Diaspro his entire LIFE yet, decided to date Bloom on the side.

--------------------

P-girl
post Oct 24 2009, 7:21 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

So... we can agree that simply lifting up a drink to a girl, while smiling, isn't creepy? Maybe it was just a sign to wish her good luck with her performance, maybe he just sees her as a friend.
winxclubrox23
post Oct 24 2009, 7:24 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Mmmm, I still find something about Jason kinda shady. 'Tis just my personal opinion though.

--------------------

P-girl
post Oct 24 2009, 7:25 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Perhaps.... I just really like his character and hoped he'd be a genuine alternative to Riven.... maybe I was taking this to personally.
SuperChick
post Oct 30 2009, 12:26 AM
Post #17

Sirenix Fairy

well iam just in my opinion i say
bloom and sky well i think sky is a little to perfect but its a cartoon of corse sky's perfect for bloom they are how can i say it not realistic

Musa and Riven they look good together but Musa and Riven both need to stop fighting

Layla and Nabu Cute they are good together

Stella and Brandon Good they're fine

Flora and Helia as much as i don't like Helia they look good together they have alot in comman

sorry for my misspelling

--------------------
thanks bloomgirl^^
[/img]
Boo
post Oct 31 2009, 3:01 AM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

QUOTE (aqua_pearl @ Oct 21 2009, 05:30 AM) *
Unless he can prove he's changed and can be supportive and hide his possesivness, I wouldnt take him back. What really scares me is Rainbow might try to get her to take him back by getting Riven to propose to her, since it currently seems the trendy thing to do with the winx, and Musa will be all touched and jump into his arms and tell him she loves him and cant believe he wants to marry her and commit to her

*EXPLOSION*

No kidding! Because marrying into a situation like that will never end badly at all!
That would be terrible... really... Goodness I hope that they do not do that... Too... ugh... too many reasons why they shouldn't.
I honestly wouldn't go into it. I rant too much as it is. icon_mrgreen.gif

But anyway!
My *attempted to be* short opinions on the pairings:

Bloom and Sky:
Too perfect. Just too perfect. The drama that was brought in was only to make viewers feel sorry for the protagonist, if you ask me. This pair just seems too unrealistic and straight-out-of-a-fairy-tale (well, then again, it is Winx... a show about a group of fairies... I suppose anything is possible.)

Stella and Brandon:
Again, the perfect pair, (but then again, the writers have a habit of making the couples too perfectly matched.) Although, if I was Stella, I would not be very happy with Mr. Brandon: him and his flirtatiousness with other women... icon_mrgreen.gif Although, she wouldn't exactly be classified under the most loyal partner, either. I don't really mind the drama pulled into this relationship... I suppose it's because I would imagine that, in the real world, dramatic situations would come easily with a pair like Stella and Brandon.

Flora and Helia:
Eh? I suppose the general distaste for just giving Flora a boyfriend has kind of worn off, but there is still something that I do not like about this pair... They're both so quiet... so timid... They are cute together, but wouldn't communication be, I don't know, hard to manage and awkward? I could see it happening in the real world though... an artist and a "hippie" (for lack of a better word.) Personal experiences play into that one for me. *cough*

Tecna and Timmy:
I admit that they're almost copies of one another: just different in gender (there are minor differences, but the general character is the same: the smartest and most technical-savvy of their respective groups.) I do like, however, that the writers made their "could-be-an-absolute-perfect-relationship" a rocky one: the troubles brought out their distinct differences and also brought about significant changes in each of their personalities over the seasons.

Layla and Nabu:
Why? I think, with Nabu, any distinct features of Layla's character deteriorated... Nabu is a good character, but he just doesn't belong with the once-independent-and-loved-it Layla...

Musa and Riven:
Oh goodness, where to begin. I'll try to keep it short. I'd say they're the most realistic couple: with their arguments and disagreements which have been apparent throughout the series. At the same time, I just cannot see how they could truly be able to "work" if their relationship was bumped up to a higher level (like marriage.) If they're disagreeing so much while they're merely dating, maybe it's a sign that it wouldn't be able to work... But at the same time, when they are in agreement and are showing their more gentle sides, they are very... oh what's a word... sweet? No... too cute of a word... I don't know... it just works.
Kind of contradictory? Probably.

*sorry for the rant*

Overall, the couples really make Winx interesting... Maybe there will be a twist in the not-so-distant-future? icon_smile.gif

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
{§hani}
post Nov 9 2009, 9:44 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

eiick i agree boo, bloom & sky are to perfect its scary.

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
Dark_Side_Master
post Nov 9 2009, 9:57 AM
Post #20

Mythix Fairy

QUOTE (Boo @ Oct 31 2009, 06:01 AM) *
Overall, the couples really make Winx interesting... Maybe there will be a twist in the not-so-distant-future? icon_smile.gif

Nabu's death counts as a twist? (well, i mean he won't be dead forever, but still...)

--------------------
Glory to the Sin'doray!!!

Forum set by *Stella*. Thank you so much! Official image by Blizzard Co.

Userbar made by jah-jah. thank you so much :)
Oh, and the main thing, HERE AM I!

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:12 AM