Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Add Reply
> Fairy Dust, Discuss this mystical and mysterious power here.
Rating 5 V
Another Morning
post Jul 25 2009, 12:36 AM
Post #41

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Like I said, I haven't seen the last half of S3 and forgot most of what I did see, but from the sounds of it, I'd go with what P-girl is saying. I like it when they have to actually think of a solution to their problems. If the whole things is just WANG BANG FAIRY DUST, that would be boring :/

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Jul 25 2009, 11:16 AM
Post #42

Cosmix Fairy

I..... *Beat*
Winxhorse
post Jul 26 2009, 1:32 AM
Post #43

Pixie

Group: New Members

I agree with P-girl. The Fairy Dust is far too powerful (and I didn't think it was explained well either) and overused. The stock footage for it isn't even that great. I was so happy when 4kids cut it out.
winxclubrox23
post Jul 26 2009, 4:06 AM
Post #44

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I think 4kids shouldn't have cut out Bloom beating B(V)altor with her fairydust. It made so much more sense than the random Pyros spell she used.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
P-girl
post Jul 26 2009, 8:04 AM
Post #45

Cosmix Fairy

I just hoped they'd (Meaning ALL the Winx girls) would beat Valtor together.
mightymarty2
post Jul 26 2009, 10:52 AM
Post #46

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

i also hoped the winx would beat valtor together

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
P-girl
post Jul 26 2009, 10:54 AM
Post #47

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah. I wouldn't even mind Fairy Dust in that scene that much (I would find it annoying), there it's just the fact that it's just Bloom. I know I'm all for cutting her a break, but this was so bad..... and Valtor deserved a decent send-off!
wkw427
post Jul 26 2009, 6:37 PM
Post #48

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Fairy dust is a cure-all trick. They can save the world with it. It would be better if using it used up some of your life force, so that you coudn't use it for everything or you pass out or die

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Tiny Dragon
post Jul 26 2009, 7:34 PM
Post #49

Mythix Fairy

It isn't so much that the Fairy Dust is the most powerful thing going in Season 3. It is more that Season 3 was very poorly written. VERY poorly written.

--------------------
wkw427
post Jul 26 2009, 8:17 PM
Post #50

Cosmix Fairy

It was.. First they say the dust is an end-all dark magic weapon, then they say Valtor was created through dark magic. Shouldn't he be dark magic? Nope, he is the dark dragon fire. Wait, wasn't Darkar the opposite of the dragon fire? He was. valtor is just the dargon fire turned bad. So they need the polar opposite of the dragon fire, water stars, but they can't kill them. So then bloom uses her dragon fire to put out his dragon fire.

WTF?

A monkey, or at least a few dozen commenters form youtube must of wrote season 3

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
P-girl
post Jul 26 2009, 8:57 PM
Post #51

Cosmix Fairy

Y'know what could've made this cool? Making Valtor's life linked to Bloom's because of the Dragonfire. That Valtor cannot die unless Bloom does, and the other way around. That would've been a fun dillema.
P-girl
post Jul 26 2009, 9:03 PM
Post #52

Cosmix Fairy

They just added to much instead of going for an easy to follow, compact story that give opportunities for things and characters to evolve.
wkw427
post Jul 26 2009, 9:46 PM
Post #53

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Jul 26 2009, 04:57 PM) *
Y'know what could've made this cool? Making Valtor's life linked to Bloom's because of the Dragonfire. That Valtor cannot die unless Bloom does, and the other way around. That would've been a fun dillema.

That would be amazing. Really

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

P-girl
post Jul 26 2009, 9:48 PM
Post #54

Cosmix Fairy

Same here.

Knowing Iginio, he'd have Bloom selflessly sacrifice herself, before being brought back by...... Friggin' Fairy Dust is my guess...... But still, it would've been better then the half-*ssed ending we got.
winxclubrox23
post Jul 26 2009, 9:50 PM
Post #55

Cosmix Fairy

I like that idea actually. That would've been epic, and added some extra drama, and who doesn't love drama?

--------------------

P-girl
post Jul 26 2009, 9:51 PM
Post #56

Cosmix Fairy

And think of the speeches Valtor could give! I love me some hammy speeches.
winxclubrox23
post Jul 26 2009, 9:59 PM
Post #57

Cosmix Fairy

Omg! Lol, I can just picture like, the Trix or something standing around B(V)altor yelling "Speech! Speech!"

That'd be amazing.

--------------------

Boo
post Jul 26 2009, 9:59 PM
Post #58

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

QUOTE (P-girl @ Jul 26 2009, 09:57 PM) *

Like the general response around here... I think that would have been an amazing twist.
If only.. That would have made for an exciting season. icon_smile.gif
Drama!

I also agree on the note that the whole club should have taken care of Baltor and not just Bloom. I don't know if it is just me, or was he kind of portrayed as the "worst" villain they had faced yet? If that is true, then how could just one of the girls rid of him?
I mean, I know that Bloom is the keeper of this oh-so-powerful-force-that-created-the-whole-dimension, but honestly... just her? No help? None??? She's only known she had powers for what, 3 years at that time, if not less? And the rest, I'm assuming, have used it and/or known for their whole lives... at least, that was the impression I received.

Ah well. It's Bloom's series anyway. dry.gif (No offense to Bloom fans; that's simply my opinion.)

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
wkw427
post Jul 27 2009, 2:34 AM
Post #59

Cosmix Fairy

Bloom beat him because he was her opposite, only her power was strong enough to combat him.

Think of trying to put a round peg into a square hole.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Another Morning
post Jul 27 2009, 5:08 AM
Post #60

Cosmix Fairy

...Somebody hire P-girl to write for S5 o__o If that was the actual story for the third season I probably would have watched it by now.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 7:13 AM