Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Add Reply
> Enchantix In 2d Or In 3d?, Which one do you prefer? The Enchantix from the show or the movie?
Enchantix transformations...
Enchantix transformations in 2D, or in 3D?
2D, as in the case of the show... [ 29 ]  [60.42%]
3D, as in the case of the movie... [ 19 ]  [39.58%]
Total Votes: 48
Guests cannot vote 
Zhanneel
post Aug 22 2008, 8:43 PM
Post #41

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Lol, why does that sound so cheesy to me? Oh well, I'll take it anyway, if I can just watch it in English already!!
Go to the top of the page
Abby
post Aug 23 2008, 10:41 PM
Post #42

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I always think the english lyrics to the winx songs translated from Italian sound really weird.
Jahnavi
post Aug 24 2008, 2:34 AM
Post #43

Cosmix Fairy

I think that's because they're trying to translate it into correct grammatical English, but they want to keep the translation as close to the Italian version as possible.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Hirondelle
post Aug 24 2008, 8:17 AM
Post #44

Harmonix Fairy

Group: Members

QUOTE (Jahnavi @ Aug 22 2008, 04:42 AM) *
Well, I once saw a video on YouTube which had the Enchantix song in English. (And I'm pretty sure it was the official dub.) Anyway, the lyrics went like this:

Enchantix,
Shining fairy powder falling on me,
Magic Enchantix,
My powers will be at the maximum,
I'm invincible,
I'm ready to go!
Magical Enchantix,
It makes me feel so beautiful and strong,
I'll raise my energy,
Finally I'll become a real fairy,
I'm invincible,
I'm ready to go!
Wow, the only Italian I know is FROM the show and knowing key words...I can pretend to understand it clearly! ;D
Haha, it may sound cheesy, but in the Italian language it sounds cool to me. I guess it's that mystery of it being another language that makes it that way. I find song they use in the movie is really cute, I think the singing is much better than the one used in the show, especially the RAI english, the singer sounds like she's tired with a sore throat. And they use the word Powerful too many times...guess I'm just nit-picky

--------------------

Faedust Charms
Manda4winx
post Aug 26 2008, 7:24 PM
Post #45

Charmix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ May 6 2008, 07:34 AM) *
Uhm, it's been all about Bloom for three seasons and a movie... she's the main character. So it's not really fair to shoot down the movie because of it.

I like the 2D version. That because the Winx movie didn't come out yet in the US...

--------------------
{Miley} A words, just a word. 'Til you mean, what you say.
{Nick} And love, isn't love. 'Til you give it away.
{Miley} We've all gotta gift.
{Nick} Yes somethin' to give. To make, a change.
{All} Send it on. On and on. Just one that can heal another.
{Miley} Be apart. Reach your heart. Just one spark starts a fire!
{Miley} With one little action. The chain reaction, will never stop! Make us strong! Shine a light and send it on.
{Demi} Just smile, and the world, will smile along with you....
- "Send it On" - Miley, Demi, Selena & JB -
Zhanneel
post Aug 26 2008, 8:27 PM
Post #46

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I think I don't like the English movie song so far because the lyrics sound so cutesy and girly and cliche =P. I wish they would have fixed up the lyrics a little bit to sound stronger? Don't know if that made sense =P.
Jahnavi
post Aug 27 2008, 10:00 AM
Post #47

Cosmix Fairy

Lol, it made sense. Unfortunately, these lyrics are pretty similar to the Italian ones, which means that this is the best you'll get from the show's songwriters.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
P-girl
post Aug 27 2008, 10:19 AM
Post #48

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Mmmmm, is sounds a whole lot better in Italian.... and Dutch. Comes to show that it DOES matter in what language you're singing it.
wkw427
post Feb 1 2009, 12:32 AM
Post #49

Cosmix Fairy

2d. The show was mainly in 2d with 3d backgrounds. I don't really like the general aesthetics of the movie because making a 2d character 3d usually ends up horribly wrong..

Now, if they started to do seasons in 3d, it would grow on me

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
humbu111
post Feb 1 2009, 12:35 AM
Post #50

Cosmix Fairy

Now, if they started to do seasons in 3d, it would grow on me

I'm not so sure about that... I'm glad season 4 is 2D

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

wkw427
post Feb 1 2009, 4:33 PM
Post #51

Cosmix Fairy

Yea, but why do the movie in 3d in the first place? It seems kind of gimicky if you ask me

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
P-girl
post Feb 1 2009, 4:38 PM
Post #52

Cosmix Fairy

I don't know why (Perhaps to branch out as an animation company), but it wasn't a gimmick. The animation is pretty high quality (Very high quality if you take away the juggernauts that are Pixar and Dreamworks), and definately the best 3D animation I've seen coming from Europe.
Zhanneel
post Feb 1 2009, 6:48 PM
Post #53

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

The Winx movie was done really well, even if I'm not a huge fan of 3D. I like 3D animation, but I definitely favor 2D more. The movie could have turned out really bad, but instead the animation was very seamless and well done.

As for the show itself, well, if it weren't for the fact that it was done in 2D I might never have been drawn to it in the first place. The colorful 2D animation hooked me and from there I liked the story and the characters.
P-girl
post Feb 1 2009, 6:53 PM
Post #54

Cosmix Fairy

I think the reason they choose to make the films 3D to differentiate [sic?] it from the 2D series, to make it a different experience, more special, worth your ticket-price, so to speak (I know I wouldn't go if the movie was just 2D.... but that might be me).
wkw427
post Feb 2 2009, 2:27 AM
Post #55

Cosmix Fairy

I agree, the animation was simply amazing, but when you put it in the movie and in the winx on ice/in concert, it seems, it feels like a gimick

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

P-girl
post Feb 2 2009, 10:15 AM
Post #56

Cosmix Fairy

To admit it, I don't really care. It's not the fact that it has a gimmick, but how you handle it. I mean, I think it was a brave step, getting out of their comfort zone like that.
wkw427
post Feb 2 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #57

Cosmix Fairy

Kind of like the wii?

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Boo
post Feb 3 2009, 12:14 AM
Post #58

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (wkw427 @ Feb 2 2009, 02:27 AM) *
I agree, the animation was simply amazing, but when you put it in the movie and in the winx on ice/in concert, it seems, it feels like a gimick

It's all about the dinero. (Money) >_<

I have held onto the thought that in making the Winx movie in 3D, Rainbow was exploring something unfamiliar to them... and the movie was a way to test this new skill, so to speak. After seeing the result, they decided to utilize the skill again in attempts to make even more money, which would explain the Winx on ice bit.

I personally like the series being in 2D, since that is what initially caught my attention. If the series ever made a transition from 2D to 3D, I'm sure it would take far too long for me to adjust to it, since I'm so used to the 2D style. The movie in 3D was fine, it was nicely done, but I just can't see myself liking the series if it were to ever switch animation styles. :/

And as for the question, both transformations had their faults and their high points, in my opinion. Some characters' transformations 'worked' more than others in a particular style. (Yes, that's vague, I'm aware...)

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
mightymarty2
post Feb 3 2009, 9:17 AM
Post #59

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I aggree with Boo on the transformations, some seemed to have more design and thought (stella,flora, musa, techna) and others did not (bloom and layla)

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Bloom girl
post Feb 3 2009, 8:44 PM
Post #60

Cosmix Fairy

2d , of course !

This post has been edited by Bloom girl: Feb 3 2009, 8:45 PM

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 4:33 AM