Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Summer Tips!
Veronica
post Jun 9 2007, 8:05 PM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

I guess in the summer you wanna look and feel good?
Well, if your shadow is shorter than you are, it means that UV is quite high. When it is, don't put on a miniskirt, a short top or flip-flops! You will burn! But if you want to, use sun lotion.
TIP: Sprayable sun lotion is easier to put on and usually is not so expensive! And if you go on the beach, remember always sun lotion, you don't want to be pink rolleyes.gif

Try new hairstyles, like letting your hair down once! Wear flip-flops and sandals, they are stylish this summer icon_biggrin.gif
And in Finland, Gray is the summer fashion color.

Try wearing the summer fashion color one day. If people like it, you could wear it more ofter happy.gif
And watch out for nasty bugs! Don't get stinged by a mosquito! Mosquitos like areas with bushes and water, so avoid them, especially when it's hot.

Don't wear flip-flops on a long walking trip. Your feet will feel hurt and they usually get quite red.
Yup and visit a waterpark! If you don't have enough money, go to the beach icon_biggrin.gif

You got any cool summer tips for skin, clothing, ect? Post them here tongue.gif

--------------------

Once there was a realm, different from all the others.
It was believed that once someone would become the new protector and save this realm.

Will she suffer?
"THE PROTECTOR OF DIYA" By Veronica

plz don't try to interrupt me. i've got my own life too. xD
Go to the top of the page
Abby
post Jun 29 2007, 5:53 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I agree about not wearing flip flops for a long time! its not that your feet get red its just that for me I get blisters between my toes from wearing them for long walks! I have done that twice now! but just wear tank tops to keep cool and also be sure to use something when you go outside if you don't want to burn! Because I got badly burnt a couple weeks ago and now i have ugly tan lines!

~Wear tank tops and shorts and no socks because that leaves ugly farmers tans (a farmers tan is when where your t-shirt is the skin is pale but your skin on the rest of your arm is tan or your feet are white and your legs are tan, i have one and its gross because i go outside and do sports all the time in tennis shoes) so if you have one take a book out and just site outside to try and even it out

~DON'T SPRAY TAN! if you want to tan the best way is natural it is healthier than tanning beds and you don't end up with orange skin or your hands are oddly colored because of your spray tan!
Connie
post Jun 29 2007, 7:05 PM
Post #3

Tynix Fairy

I want a tan, I need to go to the beach soemtime
My cousin got the biggest tan from playing handball and she is sooo dark now

--------------------

Screenshot Credits to WinxMedia But I made this

thanks to Stellaksjuta
Abby
post Jun 30 2007, 4:23 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

i'm a little tan. yesterday i met my friends at the park and my one friend was like "are you tanner?" because i saw her only less than a week ago from that. it made me feel good.
WinxFairyAlianne
post Apr 3 2008, 6:59 PM
Post #5

Sirenix Fairy

I am tanned, but I dont use tanning cream or sunbeds! Just sun cream and sun! icon_smile.gif

--------------------
bloom_daphne
post Jul 17 2008, 12:02 AM
Post #6

Bloomix Fairy

I usually scoff when people think flip flops are bad for you, I've never gotten blisters, or anything else, but once I tried running and I almost twisted my ankle.
Abby
post Jul 17 2008, 4:22 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Whenever I wear flip flops for a long time I get blisters (like walking around for more than a half an hour) so I rarely wear them. Plus I always get tan lines on my feet from them, I already have some this summer.
StellaRocks
post Jul 17 2008, 4:37 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

i have never once gotting blisters form flips flops and i waer them a lots so i know how to run and stuff in them with out hurting myself

--------------------

"Don't ever forget that with each step a person is able to take on their own, they have become that much stronger." ~Tamahome
Riiana
post Jul 30 2008, 2:24 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

I once wore Flip-Flops when I was on holiday and I wore them for a long time. And then later on in between my toe and my little toe next to it, it started to hurt. And I checked it, and I saw that the flip flop rubbed of a huge amount of skin in between the two toes. >.<

And I get tanned pretty easy too, and I don't burn so I never really have to use Sun Cream cause my skin isnt sensitive, thank God.

Well I would say just wear whatever clothes make you feel comfortable, and suitable for the weather.
I would most probably wear shorts, leggings and mini skirts. And short tops icon_smile.gif

--------------------
humbu111
post Jul 30 2008, 3:34 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

I only wear jeans and t-shirt in the summer and long-sleeve shirt and jeans in colder weather lol
And my skin is dark enough for me to want to avoid tanning

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Natasha
post Aug 2 2008, 8:29 PM
Post #11

Enchantix Fairy

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend wearing flipflops for a long walk I have gotten a few blisters from flip-flops
and airwalks. I don't get tanned easily, I am from Jamaica so I guess my skin is used to the sun's hot rays lol.

--------------------
Riiana
post Aug 14 2008, 9:01 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

You're Jamaican? Cool, I'm a quarter Jamaican icon_smile.gif
I get tanned a little bit easily, but my skin never burns so I never wear sun cream icon_smile.gif

--------------------
Jahnavi
post Aug 15 2008, 9:10 AM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Yup, same here. I have slightly dark skin, so exposure to the sun isn't a problem for me (although, by Indian standards I'm considered to be pretty fair-skinned). Most people from tropical countries don't have that whole tanning problem, because of the high melanin content in their skin.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Riiana
post Aug 15 2008, 9:30 AM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah I guess it's cause they're used to the heat as it was the environment in which they were born in.

--------------------
Jahnavi
post Aug 15 2008, 9:40 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

It's because of a chemical called Melanin. People from hotter climates have more of it in their bodies, so they handle the heat better.

--------------------
Riiana
post Aug 15 2008, 10:01 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Lol thanks for that fact, if it wasnt for you I don't think I'd have ever known that icon_neutral.gif

--------------------
Jahnavi
post Aug 15 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Lol, you're welcome! I'm always happy to pass on random useful info. ^^

--------------------
rano0oma
post Oct 29 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #18

Butterflix Fairy

i'm egyptian but live in KSA and it's really hot here in the summer so i'm a bit dark but all my friends like my tan like this cause they are all so pale white!!

--------------------
{§hani}
post Nov 25 2009, 9:44 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

i have a random really odd good tip for getting rid of bad pimples in a hurry!

TiP! Dap on some toothepaste (any sort will do) onto the pimple or even like a facemask and at first you'll feel slight stining, it might even irritate your eyes a bit. But i find that if i apply it before i go to bed it doesnt irritate that much. In the morning you'll find the pimples have gone down! its not something i suggest doing all the time since toothepaste has chemicals and may irritate your skin if you're sensative but in a hurry it works really well!

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
~Roshna~
post Feb 5 2012, 7:32 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

wow nice tips

Add Reply
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 9:31 AM