--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Go to the top of the page
Abby
post May 7 2012, 2:00 AM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I really like the coloring in the most recent musa one!
empire_c2
post May 7 2012, 10:34 PM
Post #23

Enchantix Fairy

Group: Members

That looks sweet. I like all the colours.

--------------------

The dark raven lingers in the shadows and awaits its moment.
dreamywinxgirl94
post May 9 2012, 11:44 PM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I seen your newest recent of Musa's Enchantix. I love it as well as your other drawings! ^_^

--------------------

~Believe in Winx Dreams!~
DreamyWinx Will Always Be Remembered 2008-2015:

*Forum Set Made by Me.* xD

winxclubrox23
post Jul 8 2012, 11:12 PM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

This is a really silly and rather messy doodle of Jack Black in School of Rock.

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Jul 10 2012, 3:17 AM
Post #26

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Nice colors! I knew exactly who it was before I even read your description, which means you have some great drawing skills. I like the funky dissected background too. Flames? Cool. (Well, that's an oxymoron but oh well.)
winxclubrox23
post Jul 10 2012, 11:32 PM
Post #27

Cosmix Fairy

Thanks, Zhan! The flames were entirely my sister's idea. I cannot take the credit there. :)

I don't know if this is relevant to anyone here, but here's a doodle of Natara Williams from te iPod/iPhone game, Cause of Death.

--------------------

dittadulla
post Jul 10 2012, 11:45 PM
Post #28

Cosmix Fairy

You're really good at capturing different face shapes and likeness omg *_* I can't do that!! You just keep on improving you know!

--------------------
winxclubrox23
post Jul 12 2012, 5:12 AM
Post #29

Cosmix Fairy

Thank you Ditty! You don't even know you probably do, actually how fantastic it feels to hear you're improving, so yes. Thank you. :)

--------------------

dittadulla
post Jul 12 2012, 2:07 PM
Post #30

Cosmix Fairy

I know, it's a great feeling, isn't it? haha! It's just that I see so much change since a few years ago!

--------------------
winxclubrox23
post Oct 25 2012, 6:03 AM
Post #31

Cosmix Fairy

I wanted to share this here mostly because you guys have been supporting me since I first started sharing my art online. <3

This is one of the pieces I'm going to be adding to my portfolio so hopefully I can get into art school.

--------------------

humbu111
post Oct 25 2012, 9:49 PM
Post #32

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Woo Tea, amazing as usual! I really love your drawing style lol.

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

empire_c2
post Oct 27 2012, 5:43 PM
Post #33

Enchantix Fairy

That is very beautiful. I love the faint lines going through the hair for the detail. Good luck with getting into art school. I know it can be really tough

--------------------

dittadulla
post Oct 28 2012, 1:41 PM
Post #34

Cosmix Fairy

I think it's going pretty good, Tea! But a little protip, you might want to start focusing on making your art a little clearer and more crisp, and experiment with different ways of coloring and light source and stuff like that! Because you are trying to get into art school, I think you should do the best you can to show that you can be versatile in your portfolio. You're good at drawing different face shapes and creating likenesses though!

I would basically look up loads of digital painting tutorials around the net and speedpainting videos on youtube. Especially now that you've attained photoshop, you can experiment with a lot of things you couldn't have in GIMP, for example! Also consider trying to get your hands on Paint Tool Sai, it's a really streamlined and easy-to-use art program, specifically for digital art, in contrast to all the confusing features of photoshop meant for a bunch of other things getting in your way!

--------------------
winxclubrox23
post Oct 29 2012, 5:29 AM
Post #35

Cosmix Fairy

Thank you Humbu and Empire!

And thank you Miss Ditty! Critiques are so helpful. I'm sure you know that so much of the time when you share your art, people continuously say it's good, it's pretty, but there are rarely any critiques! And critiques are so helpful in improving things. :)

That being said, I've actually had Photoshop Elements for like. 2 years. xD I've only just acquired Photoshop CS6, and am getting used to using that. Hence this. I've considered Paint Tool SAI, but the actual art program I'm looking to get into is going to be doing quite a bit of work in Adobe programs. I suppose I could get it for my own amusement, though. Do you, personally, have a Mac or a PC? Because from my understanding, SAI to Mac is a bit of a pain to get.

But yes. I know that digital art is not my strong point. Smudging graphite around is what I do best. In the next few pieces I do (because I definitely need a couple more to call my portfolio complete) I'll really work on light sources, which are the bane of my existence when it comes to digital art.

This post has been edited by winxclubrox23: Oct 29 2012, 5:44 AM

--------------------

dittadulla
post Oct 29 2012, 2:10 PM
Post #36

Cosmix Fairy

yeah, I forgot you had a mac, I think sai is practically nonexistant for it, haha.... mine is a PC! photoshop elements isn't really the same, though! it's just the basics of the basics, so i dont know!! I just recently got ps cs5 myself but I've been working with SAI a lot and I just find it really comfortable overall.

Just remember that you shouldn't focus on making one finished piece after another, remember to doodle and scribble too! and practice coloring on stuff that you're not going to show people anyway too! If it's taking too long, drop it, start a new one. Remember the whole picture, don't get caught up in details

I'm getting really lazy with digital art myself though these are basically values that i've picked out of the internet and promised myself id use to keep drawing (i didnt) (you should)

also remember that you shouldn't just stop working on your portfolio, keep drawing better and better pieces so you could replace them with any lesser ones in it, it's not about quantity, but quality! Your portfolio is never complete, it should always be a thing you're working to improve

also move out of your comfort zone! struggling with backgrounds? great! let's not draw anything but backgrounds for like two weeks (man are you going to hate backgrounds)

also you dont have to listen to me i am 16 years old vs you are an adult

i am basically a baby compared to you (but ive had my tablet longer ha)

--------------------
empire_c2
post Oct 29 2012, 4:59 PM
Post #37

Enchantix Fairy

Actually it is possible to get Sai for mac. I forget where I found it, but I was able to download it from someone's DA. I hardly use it because I use Elements and I can't figure out how to get my tablets sensitivity to register in Sai, but it is possible to get for the mac. Also I'd be happy to critique work any time I'm always stuck doing it with my own portfolio lol.

--------------------

winxclubrox23
post Oct 30 2012, 5:39 AM
Post #38

Cosmix Fairy

First off, Ditty, yes. I should listen to you. Regardless of our age difference, you give good advice. :)

My biggest problem is actually the fact that I never finish anything. xD I have way too many unfinished scribble things and not enough finished pieces. Colouring them though. Colouring I seriously need to work on. I have this thing where I think everything looks sweet in black and white. The world is not so. It needs to cease.

Oh, my portfolio definitely won't stop expanding. Just the one I need to present to said art school. They have a specific list you have to follow. Like this many portraits, this many still lifes. Etc. Which is what I'm working on. I think the hardest thing to do when you're working on it is to try and challenge yourself. Because you want to present your est work, you revert to things of familiarity, but as you said: challenge yourself!

Again, you're only two years younger than me, Ditty. Do not short change your knowledge for that reason. Your art is awesome. :)

@Empire: Really? I should definitely look into this.

--------------------

winxclubrox23
post Jun 14 2013, 7:47 AM
Post #39

Cosmix Fairy

I haven't posted in here for awhile, but I really like this, so I wanted to share. Also, as some of you might know, I got into the art school I applied for and will be attending in the fall. So as always, thanks everyone for being so supportive of my art, especially when I first joined and was only just beginning to share my art online. :)

--------------------

winxclubrox23
post Nov 25 2013, 1:57 AM
Post #40

Cosmix Fairy

Anyone ever play Dragon Age? You should. It's pretty good. Anyways, I know I haven't posted anything in awhile, but I wanted to share this because I feel like I've improved some since the last thing I posted.

This is Morrigan from the aforementioned Dragon Age franchise by Bioware. :)

--------------------

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 9:40 PM