Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> Hello again. ~, A long-overdue return.
Jahnavi
post Jan 26 2012, 3:12 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

{I wasn't sure where to put this topic, but I don't think I even posted a real introduction when I originally joined MC years ago, so this might as well serve as a substitute for that, lol. Anyway.}

I recently noticed that, excluding about three posts I made here in September, I haven't been active on MC for over six months. Which bothered me. I've had some incredibly fun times here and I consider so many of you close friends; I don't want to forget about this place and come back one day to find the forums gone. So...hi. Who's still active here, lol? And I know there's been a lull in the Winx world, but did I miss anything big? Fill me in, guys. I've been gone far too long. :)

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Jan 26 2012, 3:25 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Hi! Glad to have you back.

I'm still fairly active. And so is Winx again. With the specials and Season 3 airing in the U.S., not to mention the movie finally making it there. And the online game is seeing updates. Oh, and Season 5.
Jahnavi
post Jan 26 2012, 3:50 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Hey, P-girl! :)

Wait, is season 5 out already? Or is it coming up? And yeah, I heard that Nick was redoing it in the U.S. with new voice actresses. (Are the episode downloads that were posted here ages ago still valid? Because I need to catch up; I don't think I even finished season 4. *awkwardly twiddles thumbs*)

--------------------
P-girl
post Jan 26 2012, 4:07 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

It's coming up, there's some posters with Bloom in a new outfit and a Nickelodeon trailer that raised some hell. It showed a battle sequence with the Winx in new fairy forms fighting the Trix in full CGI (Not movie quality), together with some statements left and right claiming this will be the entire season.... and then some officials stating it wouldn't be like this. Or partly....
Yeah....
Jahnavi
post Jan 26 2012, 4:31 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

But if it's going to be "partly" like that, what is the season going to be like? A mix of 2D and CGI? Wouldn't that get a bit choppy? Doesn't sound like the best idea. Lol, suppose I should investigate further before passing judgement, though. x)

--------------------
humbu111
post Jan 26 2012, 4:41 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Hey Jah, good to see you again! :) I'm still active in that I come and check new posts most days, but to be honest I haven't been posting much cause there hasn't been much to reply to (N). Lets change that (Y)

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

P-girl
post Jan 26 2012, 4:51 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Jahnavi @ Jan 26 2012, 05:31 PM) *
But if it's going to be "partly" like that, what is the season going to be like? A mix of 2D and CGI? Wouldn't that get a bit choppy? Doesn't sound like the best idea. Lol, suppose I should investigate further before passing judgement, though. x)

I don't know. However, this format is used by one of my favorite Cartoons, Galactik Football (The football matches a.k.a the Action is done in Cell-shaded CGI and the rest, like the drama and character development, is done in 2D), so I've seen it done well. There just has to be a solid meta-explanation for it.
mightymarty2
post Jan 26 2012, 5:34 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Welcome back its always nice to see some of the original members back

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
dittadulla
post Jan 26 2012, 5:40 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I occasionally check here out of old habit but there are never things I really have a say in...

So I guess i've kind of left too but okay

Welcome back I have no idea about what happens in all the winx lately u_u

--------------------
Jahnavi
post Jan 26 2012, 5:51 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (humbu111 @ Jan 26 2012, 09:41 PM) *
Hey Jah, good to see you again! :) I'm still active in that I come and check new posts most days, but to be honest I haven't been posting much cause there hasn't been much to reply to (N). Lets change that (Y)

Bu-bro! Glad to see you're still here. And yes, we definitely need to change that, haha. :)

QUOTE (P-girl @ Jan 26 2012, 09:51 PM) *
I don't know. However, this format is used by one of my favorite Cartoons, Galactik Football (The football matches a.k.a the Action is done in Cell-shaded CGI and the rest, like the drama and character development, is done in 2D), so I've seen it done well. There just has to be a solid meta-explanation for it.

Well, then maybe Straffi's team can pull it off, too. I was just skeptical because I don't think I've seen a show done in two forms simulteaneously like that.

QUOTE (mightymarty2 @ Jan 26 2012, 10:34 PM) *
Welcome back its always nice to see some of the original members back

Hey, Marty! How've you been? :)

QUOTE (dittadulla @ Jan 26 2012, 10:40 PM) *
I occasionally check here out of old habit but there are never things I really have a say in...

So I guess i've kind of left too but okay

Welcome back I have no idea about what happens in all the winx lately u_u

I've found I often have nothing to contribute to the discussion, too. But I'm just going to make a conscious effort to post more, and hopefully that'll help, lol.

--------------------
P-girl
post Jan 26 2012, 6:02 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Jahnavi @ Jan 26 2012, 06:51 PM) *
Well, then maybe Straffi's team can pull it off, too. I was just skeptical because I don't think I've seen a show done in two forms simulteaneously like that.

Well, there's Code Lyoko, where it's used to show that they're in the virtual world. And like I said, Galactik Football, where it's used to show the soccer matches.
I think it should rely on clear rules on what can be 2D and what can be CGI.
dittadulla
post Jan 26 2012, 6:07 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Actually I've seen that trailer and I kind of got the impression that they might be using the CGI exclusively for battlescenes or underwater or something? Then again, been a while since I saw it.

--------------------
earth123
post Jan 26 2012, 7:44 PM
Post #13

A True Fairy

Group: Members

Still here too, observing...

--------------------

SIKOSETO, TO TIMIMENO, THEN BORO, THEN BORO NA PERIMENO
Ranma
post Jan 27 2012, 1:39 AM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

I'm still here! Still rp'ing when ever I get the chance. I've been updating "Dreamer." Chapters 1-4 have been proof read, and now I'm about to proof read chapters 1-8...9 was proof read a bit, but I forgot to change the chapter typo from 8 - 9.
Once the entire story is proofed I'm going to write chapter 10... I don't know if you ever read my story... but that's pretty much what my activity has been lately.

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Jan 27 2012, 8:39 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

@Jahnavi I have been doing ok, need to sort out a thing or two but thats it really. How have you been?

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Abby
post Jan 27 2012, 10:13 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Hi!!! Welcome back! I am also trying to reintegrate myself into the forums after having months of absence here and there due to the return of winx to the US. In other words, I'm still here when I have down time during the semester, but I probably won't be around much during midterms or finals, or during the week that much either.
winxclubrox23
post Jan 28 2012, 3:15 AM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Oh my goooosh, Jah! I missed you! I've mostly been...observing. Posting sometimes, I suppose. Other things have gotten me much more preoccupied.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Jahnavi
post Jan 31 2012, 12:19 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (earth123 @ Jan 27 2012, 12:44 AM) *
Still here too, observing...

Hey, Pan! It's been so long, haha. ^^

@Ranma: Of course I've read Dreamer. Don't you remember that Krystal fan-art I once did? (...Although I just looked through old posts, and discovered that was three and a half years ago, so I'm not surprised if you don't, lol.) Unless you redid the whole story?

@Marty: Hope things get sorted out soon. And I've been fine. School's been incredibly hectic, and I start college next year, so there's the added running around of admission tests, applications, etc., but things have been good. :)

@Abby: Sounds like what I'll probably be doing, too. Curse real life for being demanding. x)

@Tea: *tacklehug* TEA. I've missed you, too! And it saddens me that so many of us have become lurkers here, though.

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Jan 31 2012, 4:28 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Good luck with getting into college

--------------------
Jahnavi
post Jan 31 2012, 5:27 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

Thank you. ^^

--------------------

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 6:34 PM