Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> American teenagers try to "recreate" Project X in $500,000 home.
Teh_Exorcist
post Mar 15 2012, 12:36 AM
Post #1

A True Fairy

Group: Members

http://www.khou.com/home/Police-arrest-tee...-142422235.html

Really? I mean, what goes through your mind when you first think of doing this?

The answer is simple: nothing and drugs.

Not only is Project X a horrible movie, it also tries far too hard to market itself towards a teenage crowd - which has obviously proved successful.
Why is this, you wonder? Well, there are many things that may contribute to the stupidity of the modern, American, teenagers. One being drugs and two being the lack of education, mixed with the drugs.
Everyone does stupid things in his or her lifetime, but this just takes the cake; and to think you won't get caught after you post stuff like this all over Facebook and not even hold it as a private event. The worst part is that they'll never learn and will probably stay this way for the rest of their lives.
I've seen the effects of that lifestyle and its not pretty.

I remember a time when I used to rat out women in their 20's who still collected dolls. Now, I'm begging for girls in their mid teens to try and find a doll-collecting hobby instead of abusing drugs and partying their lives away.

--------------------
Call me Ishmael, for my name is all but dust.
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Mar 15 2012, 9:00 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

The thing is this is not a surprise. It seems these incidents are getting more common. With some teens their is complete lack of respect for the law and people in general.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
P-girl
post Mar 15 2012, 4:04 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Teens are stupid.
That is all.

Heh, this reminds me of a conversation that started with the fact that Cosplayers are seen as immature, but Binge Drinkers and throwing wild parties? Totally mature.
It's not what you do, it's how you do it.
Emi
post Mar 16 2012, 10:58 AM
Post #4

Pixie

I haven't seen the film & I doubt I'll see it until it's released on DVD. But, the whole concept of the movie reminds me of a series called 'Skins' over here in the UK (they did a U.S version, but it was cancelled after just one season).

The whole idea of partying, drugs, sex & rebellion - Skins does exactly the same. And in the UK it was popular among teens-young teens. Plus, they didn't use real, trained actors, they used people just starting out, like Skins does.

I know a lot of people like these kind of shows (there's more than those two), but it annoys me because they put so much influence on teens and how they feel they should act. Obviously though, it has worked perfectly, as shown in the article linked above.

--------------------

If you would like me to make something for you, just ask
Teh_Exorcist
post Mar 26 2012, 9:51 PM
Post #5

A True Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Mar 15 2012, 12:04 PM) *
Teens are stupid.
That is all.

Heh, this reminds me of a conversation that started with the fact that Cosplayers are seen as immature, but Binge Drinkers and throwing wild parties? Totally mature.
It's not what you do, it's how you do it.

This is true to the extent that I can vouch for it.

For instance, I wear a collar around in public due to how I am a furry (not the hormonally-charged kind). I constantly get ridiculed for being an attention needing, immature adult.

I have a job, I pay bills, I go to college, and I buy everything I need with my own money. Not to mention that I am fully dressed, not exposing any parts of my body besides my arms, neck and head. Though, because I'm wearing a collar in order to see if any other furs exist in my home town, I'm immature.

While all this is going on, the people who convict me of such things are the same individuals who only talk about Jersey Shore, still hold grudges against kids from high school, and believe its perfectly fine to get drunk and hit on underage girls every night.

--------------------
P-girl
post Mar 27 2012, 8:15 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I have the same problem.
I have the same issue with my Doll collecting. It's the butt of all jokes with whoever knows it, but damn if I make a crack at 'Normal' hobbies like soccer...
Teh_Exorcist
post Mar 27 2012, 1:36 PM
Post #7

A True Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Mar 27 2012, 04:15 AM) *
I have the same problem.
I have the same issue with my Doll collecting. It's the butt of all jokes with whoever knows it, but damn if I make a crack at 'Normal' hobbies like soccer...

Soccer is a sport, an interest. Same with doll collecting or wearing a collar, it's nothing but an interest.
If you like something, go ahead and like it. The high school mentality of being with the "in" crowd should end with graduation.

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Mar 27 2012, 3:55 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Its a good point it the same, wearing clothing with your teams badge on is no different. Its just seen as more 'normal' as sport is extremely popular.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Teh_Exorcist
post Mar 27 2012, 5:51 PM
Post #9

A True Fairy

QUOTE (mightymarty2 @ Mar 27 2012, 11:55 AM) *
Its a good point it the same, wearing clothing with your teams badge on is no different. Its just seen as more 'normal' as sport is extremely popular.

It's just considered "socially acceptable" in that the majority favors it. I'm not saying I don't like sports, because I very much do to the point of spending nearly 30% of my income on team merchandise, but I don't think that I should be a carbon copy of everyone else for the sake of fitting in.

--------------------
Abby
post Mar 29 2012, 11:59 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I feel like no one is actually like this in high school. I just graduated it about a year ago and I wasn't in the "popular crowd" I guess because I was too busy with my school work and trying to get into college. Anyways, yes I am sure that the "popular people" (if you want to call them that, they weren't that popular with anyone though as typically depicted in these types of movies) did drink and have some parties, but they were definitely not these wild ragers that are shown in Superbad, Project X, or any other movie about teenagers.

It's just a dumb expectation of society to think that every young adult just wants to go out and get drunk. I have never been drunk before and I don't have a problem with drinking alcoholic beverages at all, but it's when people over do it just for the sole purpose to get drunk and 'have a good time', like all of my former friends from high school are now doing in college, meanwhile I am up till 3 every night doing school work.

Main point: I just like to ignore these expectations since I feel like at any place they are not real and it's just adults thinking everyone wants to go out and party when they are teenagers.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:37 PM