Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Brothers And Sisters, advice on dealing with younger sibs
Jennygirl578
post Jun 5 2007, 9:23 PM
Post #1

Enchantix Fairy

Group: Members

My parents are recently divorced and I have a younger brother. He's the baby in the family and always gets his way. He acts really selfish and nasty towards me and i yell back, but my mother never listens to my side of the story. For example I needed to watch a tv show today to write a paper on for class. He has a TV in his room,for his video games, but he had his video game set up in the TV room. We argued because I needed to use the tv for homework and he wouldnt get off. My mom wouldnt listen to me when i told her i needed it for homework. She only listened to him, and i wasnt able to use the tv. He stood there with a huge smile on his face behind her while she told me that I couldnt use the tv. It wouldnt have taken him more than 3 mins to transfer his game to his bedroom. The paper is 15% of my grade and now i have to ask the teacher for an extention because of this. Stuff like this happens all the time, usually worse. Anyone have any advice on handling siblings? sad.gif
Go to the top of the page
*dops*
post Jun 6 2007, 9:04 AM
Post #2

Bloomix Fairy

I know somebody, she had the same problems. When you and your mother are alone then talk to her. But not when your brother is in the room. Or you go to your dad or maybe to a other person that talk to your mother. You only need patience and be cussed and then I think she listen to you. icon_smile.gif

--------------------

Senna your the best!!!

thanks to stellaksjuta for the userbar

Thanks to Meru for my beautiful avatar!
DuelMasterP
post Jun 11 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #3

A True Fairy

If there's a TV in his room you could use that one. Or is the channel you need not available in his room?

I agree with *dops*, just chat with your mum and she if she'll get him to move his console into his room. I'm assuming he's only in the TV room because the screen is bigger in that room.

--------------------

Jennygirl578
post Jun 12 2007, 9:42 PM
Post #4

Enchantix Fairy

thanks for the advice...anyone else have annoying sibs?
phychicdreamer
post Jun 23 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #5

A True Fairy

yes, actually its more scary than annoying since she thows ashtrays and siccors at me but I know what it's like my sister is the same and my parents act the same...I agree try talking t your mom and explain things when hesnot round.

--------------------
wanna know why we search so hard for love its beacause it's the closest thing we have to magic.
I'm just the shell of a person, a puppet with broken strings
always putting on a smile to fool the world
It looks like I'm losing this fight
sometimes a smile saves a dream from drowning in the darkness better than a word does
Everything I do is another mistake to you
you fade away like tears in the wind
Sticks and stones may break her bones...But names can make her starve to death
WHY I AM FIGHTING TO LIVE IF I AM JUST LIVING TO DIE
She is fallin apart right in front of your eyes...but you don't realize it. Wanna know why, cause you are to busy fighting with your husband
Griselda
post Oct 10 2007, 6:33 PM
Post #6

A True Fairy

I'm the eldest of four, with one little sister and two younger brothers. I've almost always enjoyed my brothers, but my little sister and I used to almost be mortal enemies. I was a tomboy who wore dresses, she was a femme fatale who wore jeans. Go figure. When I was five, I cut off her hair. She couldn't talk to defend herself. I made her think she did it.

I was such a sweet older sister. =P

Anyway, she was always my mother's favorite. I was always my mother's least favorite, because I supposedly inherited a neurological disorder from my father. (I say supposedly because I don't believe I really have the disorder, even though I have been diagnosed with it. I simply don't believe it. I'm too much of a success, in my honest opinion.) My mother always listened to my sister and never to me, because she thought I was the retarded one who didn't deserve to be heard. She thought I exaggerated on everything and that I basically had no faith in people whatsoever, so my opinions were never even considered with her. My younger sister realized that she was the favorite, so she began to bask in her glory. This made her grow up to be a general pain. She decided to join the police force, because in her mind, this somehow proved she was stronger than me. It obviously didn't, but in her mind, anyone that works in fields related to education is a complete nerd. She's not the most mature person ever born.

I still disagree with my sister on a number of things. We're alike in some respects, and yet we're as different as night and day. Though all the squabbles we had as kids were eventually resolved, and we do have mutual respect for each other, I think our mother ruined the friendship we could have had before it even started.

--------------------
musaenchantixthe...
post Oct 11 2007, 9:53 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

wow. I am sorry Griselda.
well i have 4 little sisters. so we have so much drama between us. my 3 year old sister is so spoiled. she gets away with anything and gets everything she wants.
i use to fight almost everyday with my dad cause i agrue with my sister to much. well it is their fault that they make me mad. i have a short temper around them. we would throw books, toys, the telephone, and other hard objects. one time i was so mad at my sister i push her down the stairs. she wasn't hurt but yet she puts on a drama scene.but me and my dad don't fight anymore. my sisters are annoying. but i love them to death. we also have good times. and the other good thing about having sister is that you can share cloths and their shoes and stuff. i wear my 9 years old sister cloths and shoe. i am small and short so i fit her stuff. its not fair. my sisters are all going to be taller than me. grrr.

--------------------
mimi_x3
post Oct 12 2007, 6:56 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Griselda, nice to hear your the eldest of 4 too, I have 3 brothers and 1 sister
I am the oldest of course and its pretty annoying have them as siblings, like one of my brother he has alot in common with me saying we're only seprated by 3years but we would get into fights where we would hit each other and all that stuff and like get into it BADLY and somehow we'd make up but we share intersect in wrestling,music, and other things but still he is just like URGHHH ; and my 2 little brothers they're really obixious like lets say i give them a bath and then i pick their clothes so they would wait till 1 minute b4 my parents come in or when they ring the doorbell and cry and then my parents walk in and ask what's wrong they answer this shirt they don't like and this shirt is dirty and all that stuff, and my little sisters is annoyinggggggg she goes to a sitter most of the time but when shes at home she hogs the computer consider shes only 4! she wants to play cartoonnetwork games and all that games and she crys to much!!! and everything my silbings are a pain a real pain, but i learn to deal with it, All i'm saying is just try and find something you guys have in common and it'll bring you closer, sure didn't work for me but hopefully it'll work for you!

--------------------

[ My Sisters : Fa, Anny, Becca, And Riliana ]

Nothin Matters When Your Broken , How Can My heart possibly break when it wasnt even whole to start with,

<33 Dis Quote
"Love Is Like The Wind. You Can't See It But You Can Feel It" - Landen Carter ( A walk To remember)
bloom_daphne
post Dec 3 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #9

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

well...... I would probably shun them or give the the silent treatment.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 6:47 PM