Sailormoon846212 [ 3 ]  [14.29%]
Total Votes: 21
Guests cannot vote 
humbu111
post Dec 7 2009, 6:55 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Hey everyone, as you might know the MCI 2009 singing competition is still going on within the member team. This time we decided to make the voting for this round public rather than within the member team though, so please vote on your favourite entry (:

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Go to the top of the page
sweetmusa
post Dec 7 2009, 7:44 PM
Post #2

Sirenix Fairy

Group: Members

wow we have some amazing singers at MC ^ ^

--------------------

thanks Ditta for the set
an angel's smile will turn even tears into rainbows,
rano0oma
post Dec 7 2009, 8:10 PM
Post #3

Butterflix Fairy

wow!! this is gonna be tough....you're all great!!

--------------------
Dark_Side_Master
post Dec 7 2009, 8:27 PM
Post #4

Mythix Fairy

voted. good luck, everyone!

--------------------
Glory to the Sin'doray!!!

Forum set by *Stella*. Thank you so much! Official image by Blizzard Co.

Userbar made by jah-jah. thank you so much :)
Oh, and the main thing, HERE AM I!
sailormoon846212
post Dec 7 2009, 10:26 PM
Post #5

Believix Fairy

Thanks to all who voted so far, but we still need a lot more votes. So please vote, it'll make this contest much more interesting. Thank you! icon_cool.gif

Good Luck to All!! icon_wink.gif

Please vote for me. Thank you!

This post has been edited by sailormoon846212: Dec 8 2009, 2:36 AM

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Dec 8 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

aim to vote today or tommorow depends on time i get back tonight. When is the deadline?

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
dominoprincess
post Dec 8 2009, 4:55 PM
Post #7

Believix Fairy

Just casted my vote! It was so difficult to choose, you guys are all absolutely amazing! Its so astounding to see how much talent we have in this community!!!

Good luck everyone!

--------------------
[
Hanna
post Dec 8 2009, 11:52 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

amazing singers ^^

--------------------

“You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.”
Forum set by Fa Fa thanks alot ^^
angel123
post Dec 9 2009, 5:53 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

i cast my vote...

(btw: Sailormoon's sounds fake >.> just an observation from some one who picks up on that stuff)

*edit*

oh, and unfortunatly i couldnt hear domino's song either V.v

This post has been edited by angel123: Dec 9 2009, 6:05 AM

--------------------
Thanx jah, i love it ^_^
sailormoon846212
post Dec 9 2009, 6:32 AM
Post #10

Believix Fairy

QUOTE (angel123 @ Dec 8 2009, 09:53 PM) *
(btw: Sailormoon's sounds fake >.> just an observation from some one who picks up on that stuff)

Excuse me for saying this, but what the HECK DO YOU KNOW? That is in fact my real voice. I happened to record it on my space but since it is restricted in some countries I had to record my version on a camcorder and post it on youtube. So before you accuse of someone being a fake, make sure you get the facts right! icon_mad.gif icon_mad.gif icon_mad.gif icon_mad.gif

This post has been edited by sailormoon846212: Dec 9 2009, 6:54 AM

--------------------
angel123
post Dec 9 2009, 7:06 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

well if you would let me finish... what i ment was that it sounds too professional to be real... you didnt have to freak out... besides... a contestent should be prepared to get critisized its part of the game... if you cant take just a little bit of critisizm you shouldnt get into a buisness involving people >.>

This post has been edited by angel123: Dec 9 2009, 7:07 AM

--------------------
Thanx jah, i love it ^_^
Zing
post Dec 9 2009, 7:44 AM
Post #12

Butterflix Fairy

WARNING DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT A CRITIQUE
(This is not meant to offend AT ALL, if I do I apologize beforehand. I just found this and thought that since my best friends are voice majors/musical theatre majors who give me tips on singing and that I have had a few voice lessons myself I could maybe help out.)
AGAIN YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TAKE MY ADVICE THIS IS ALL OPINION!! THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE OFFENSIVE I JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD BE INTERESTING AND FUN TO DO!!!

--Boo's--
Once you learn how to use your diaphragm then you can nail those rock and roll/punk rock songs. Also I feel like you are putting too much pressure on your voice if that makes sense. Your voice sounds cramped and stuck in your throat. You need to push it down and expand it into your diaphragm so that when you get to those high notes in a rock song you can nail them. Rock high notes are generally a lot lower than most high notes, but I think you can do it. I would like to recommend The Hush Sound (more specifically Medicine Man) for possible warm ups, and possible future performances. Their songs are the kind which only sound good when you are fully supported. You're on the right track with that song. Good job!

--Domino Princess--
Love the song choice. The musical is gorgeous. I do not know if it was the music or what, but it seemed way too fast to me. The good thing was though that you were very good at supporting your voice, however it was very breathy, especially at the end. You need to go through the song, find breaks (most of the time they will be marked) and breathe there. Also if you proceed to the next round I would suggest a song that's a little more low key. You missed a few high notes, and I think it would benefit you a lot more if you chose a song with not that high of notes. Your voice has good potential though and like I said earlier it has good support. Now you just have to learn how to train it, and eventually you can hit those "money notes" icon_wink.gif Good job!

--Jahnavi--
You're voice is so sweet it's adorable. However it's also very delicate. It could be because of the soft recording as you said, but your voice seemed kind of unsupported. Your voice is like mine kind of. If you do singing warm ups before you sing it will help a LOT!!! Also as I said to Domino Princess, a song with not that high notes is a good warm up. Once you nail those songs you can slowly work your way up to the top. Also speaking about working your way to the top, your voice is all in your throat it seems. To help with supporting your voice try singing from your lower register, known as the diaphragm. I'm not a big fan of Taylor Swift, but I think you did pretty good.

--Sailormoon846212--
This is all based on what I could hear, which was little because the recording wasn't the most amazing thing in quality ^^;
At the beginning I was confused because I couldn't identify your voice since the music you used had the choral parts in it, I'm guessing since I heard more than one voice....unless the voices in my head decided to go all caroling on me.....But yeah I suggest not using music in the future with a chorus part like this song because then it hides your talent =( Especially when the quality isn't as good. Anyway moving on from technicalities.....I couldn't hear your voice on the high notes because of the choral parts, except for the very last high note I thought you missed that one, but from what I could hear from your voice other than that is that it is very melodic which is good for this kind of song. From what I could hear I felt like you could nail a Regina Spektor song. You just need enough breath and support to hit the high notes because with your voice I feel that you can if you just warm it up properly. I think your song choice was perfect for your kind of voice, and I really think you should try Regina Spektor. No choral music in the music you use next time too ^^;

There's my opinion and advice. Take it if you want to, but you don't have to.
Good luck to all of you in the voting ^^

--------------------
sailormoon846212
post Dec 9 2009, 8:00 AM
Post #13

Believix Fairy

@zing Thank you for the critique. This is the kind of advice that I like to hear cause it's not so blunt. I don't knwo who the person you think I should do, but I will defiantly look her up. I agree with not using the choral parts it takes away from my talent :) I know the recording sounds bad and I'm sorry for that, it was re-recorded in a rush.

@Angel I apologize for over reacting. I just assumed the worst. I really had no idea you though I sounded professional. You do mean it, don't you?

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Dec 9 2009, 9:56 AM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Judges comments

Boo-good-good attempt, got better as it went on
-bad-i feel there needs to be more emotion and feeling,

Domino Princess-good-went with the rhythm, good variation of voice
-bad-some times it lacked depth

Jahnavi-good-good attempt,went with rhythm
-bad-variation attempted when did good however sometimes is lacking, could have done with background music being quieter

Sailormoon846212-good-good attempt, high notes were reached fairly well
-bad-background music needs to be turned down a bit, it is at times louder than you, needs more variation and depth

I hope these comments are taken as contstructive and no offense was meant. As everyone did well and did a lot better than I would have done.

Now voted

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
dominoprincess
post Dec 9 2009, 12:25 PM
Post #15

Believix Fairy

Thank you so much for the constructive criticism everyone! Your comments are much appriciated, I'll take them into account in the future!

@Zing - YES! I know what your talking about with the fast music, its a heck of a lot faster than its usually played on piano for me, but was the best I could find because I left it so late >_<, my bad!

--------------------
[
Boo
post Dec 10 2009, 1:34 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Thanks so much for the constructive criticism! It's greatly appreciated. ^_^
I know I have a lot to work on icon_mrgreen.gif. I haven't sung in years thanks to a certain chorus teacher; but I'm pretty glad that an opportunity arose around here to just let it out. icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck to everyone! (And great job to all). :)

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
humbu111
post Dec 13 2009, 3:26 AM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Two days left to vote, so if you havent already, please do so soon!

--------------------

humbu111
post Dec 14 2009, 8:31 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

Okay, voting is now closed. Two people are making it to the finals. Congratulations to Domino Princess and Jahnavi! I know there is a tie for second place, but Sailormoon has decided to drop out of the competition for personal reasons so she and Boo will get their consolation prizes within the member team forum. Good job to everyone who participated, thankyou to everyone who voted, and good luck to our finalists (:

--------------------

Jahnavi
post Dec 15 2009, 4:32 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

I made it to the finals...? =O

That's so cool~! Thanks so much to everyone who voted for me! And congrats, Domino! Your entry was amazing. ^^

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
W.I.N.X
post Dec 15 2009, 7:10 AM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

SOrry I didn't judge this time, I've not been feeling too well at all for the past couple of days, I had planned to do it on SUnday afternoon, when I had absolutely nothing else to do. Yesterday I still felt sick and didn't feel like staring at a computer. I just typed 3 of teh 4 review, then MC went funny and I lost it. So is it OK with evryone that I skipped judging this round? SOrry all!

This post has been edited by W.I.N.X: Dec 15 2009, 7:13 AM

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 8:07 AM