Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Switching Places, >___>;;
Another Morning
post May 30 2007, 1:56 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Alright, in that Diaspro topic, people started talking about how Sky made a mistake by not just telling the truth about him and Brandon switching places. That reminded me that I just never really bought into the whole "Sky posed as a squire and Brandon posed as the prince" thing.
I mean, Sky is royalty. Royalty is always in the public eye. Do they mean to imply that nobody had ever seen Sky before? Because that's the only way that Brandon would be able to say that he was Sky. They look pretty different. One would think that people would notice if the prince suddenly had different colored hair and a different face and was a different person. o___o
The only way I could think that that plan would work was if they had been doing it since birth, but Sky's parents obviously didn't know that he and Brandon had switched places, so that wouldn't work either.
Was anybody else irritated by that plot point? Do you think it was a great idea and want to defend it? What do you think?

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post May 30 2007, 8:15 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

That was indeed an unnecesary plot point, and probably was just there to stress out both Bloom and Stella, so that Bloom had to go back to earth and have her powers for the taking, and Stella had to learn that being a prince wasn't everything in the world.
jenn
post May 30 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #3

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

perhaps they switched it when they went to red fountain?

--------------------

Another Morning
post May 30 2007, 6:06 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

That seems to be how it went, Jenn, but wouldn't people at RF, or even in Magix or something notice the prince's sudden change in appearance?

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
jenn
post May 31 2007, 5:47 AM
Post #5

Bloomix Fairy

maybe the people don't know how the prince of eraklyon look like. O.o

--------------------

darkar
post May 31 2007, 5:55 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

of course not. they know it

--------------------

Another Morning
post May 31 2007, 6:03 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Eh, it just seems to me that being royalty, people would recognize him...

--------------------

jenn
post May 31 2007, 6:13 AM
Post #8

Bloomix Fairy

rainbow probably thinks that many people wouldn't care about this plot so they didn't think about whats gonna happpen.if they didnt came up with this,the story couldnt continue.

--------------------

mightymarty2
post Jun 27 2007, 6:37 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Red fountain did know as that is how the winx found out why they did it.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Abby
post Jun 29 2007, 5:21 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

yeah i did notice that because the first season of winx club the boys are supposed to be in 10th grade so they have been going to red fountain for a year already! so does that mean they switched that year too or not? I mean that is weird that no one noticed at that school at all or even stella, you would think she would have known since she is loyalty too, at least know that the real prince sky was the blonde one.
winxclubrox23
post Feb 22 2009, 6:18 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

QUOTE (Another Morning @ May 29 2007, 05:56 PM) *
Alright, in that Diaspro topic, people started talking about how Sky made a mistake by not just telling the truth about him and Brandon switching places. That reminded me that I just never really bought into the whole "Sky posed as a squire and Brandon posed as the prince" thing.
I mean, Sky is royalty. Royalty is always in the public eye. Do they mean to imply that nobody had ever seen Sky before? Because that's the only way that Brandon would be able to say that he was Sky. They look pretty different. One would think that people would notice if the prince suddenly had different colored hair and a different face and was a different person. o___o
The only way I could think that that plan would work was if they had been doing it since birth, but Sky's parents obviously didn't know that he and Brandon had switched places, so that wouldn't work either.
Was anybody else irritated by that plot point? Do you think it was a great idea and want to defend it? What do you think?

Well maybe because the Magical Demention is so big that they didn't know about Eraklyon. It IS pretty hard to believe it worked. But it never said they pretended at home. Only at Red Fountain. So that's probably what they did.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Fortress Guy
post Apr 6 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #12

Harmonix Fairy

QUOTE (winxclubrox23 @ Feb 22 2009, 02:18 PM) *
Well maybe because the Magical Demention is so big that they didn't know about Eraklyon. It IS pretty hard to believe it worked. But it never said they pretended at home. Only at Red Fountain. So that's probably what they did.

That is my thinking too Teagan. I surmise the Winx universe is pretty big - certainly it felt bigger after season 1.

I am sure that Saladin at RF knew what the deal was. He probably went along with it for Sky's safety. I think it could be possible that the average RF student could not pick the Prince of Eraklyon out of a line-up.

Also, maybe Sky just wanted to be treated like one of the guys and not royalty at school. To get a rep for who he really was and his skills, not for his lineage.

--------------------

Fortress Guy's fortress of solitude.

Jem Huntik Korra season 1 Winx SE4 part II

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 9:02 PM