Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Add Reply
> A word from 4kids about future dubs, Got a message...
Rating 5 V
Another Morning
post Apr 1 2009, 12:00 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Alright, so a few days ago, I emailed 4kids about the future of their Winx dub. Here's most of what I wrote.

Is 4kids still actually involved with Winx Club? I notice
that it has been removed from your Saturday morning block (at least in my
area), but there is still a section for it on your website.

If you are still involved, are there any plans to make a dub of the
movie, the Winx In Concert DVD, or the recently announced fourth season?

Aaaand I got a response. Which was this.

Thanks for your interest in 4Kids and our shows. We have no new details
about the Winx movie or fourth season coming to the U.S.

Remember that you can watch all your favorite episodes of Winx anytime at:
http://www.4kidstv.com/winx-club

We appreciate your comments and will take them into consideration.

Best,

The 4Kids.tv Webmaster
http://www.4Kids.tv

Which means...nothing, basically .____.; But for anybody wondering if there was a difinite plan for 4kid's Winx dub...well, now you know. There is not difinite plan.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page
humbu111
post Apr 1 2009, 12:03 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

[Edit: typo]

This post has been edited by humbu111: Apr 1 2009, 12:03 AM

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

humbu111
post Apr 1 2009, 12:08 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

Another Morning
post Apr 1 2009, 12:16 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

I emailed [email protected]

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
humbu111
post Apr 1 2009, 12:27 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

Tiny Dragon
post Apr 1 2009, 12:56 AM
Post #6

Mythix Fairy

Group: Members

I got the same answer a couple months back. I mentioned it at LJ as well. ^^

What might be happening is whatever company is answering the emails might have a template that they copy and paste into the reply. I once worked at a call center that answer emails for about 5 different companies and that is what we had to do as we knew very little of the going ons at the actual companies.

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Apr 1 2009, 1:23 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

*nod* It's a cookie cutter answer. If you mention Season 4 or the movie they've already got someone to reply with a pre-made email. Basically it looks like they have no interest in getting the rights to dub either the season or the movie, or they are not being allowed. My hopes are on the Rai dub now v_v.
Boo
post Apr 1 2009, 2:00 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ Apr 1 2009, 01:23 AM) *
*nod* It's a cookie cutter answer. If you mention Season 4 or the movie they've already got someone to reply with a pre-made email. Basically it looks like they have no interest in getting the rights to dub either the season or the movie, or they are not being allowed. My hopes are on the Rai dub now v_v.

Ditto.

*sigh* the Rai dub... I'd even take the Italian version (which I don't understand) verus the Rai english if I just wanted to get the general idea of what is happening in the season... The voices for Rai english... they just are so different from what I'm used to... It would take me a long while to adjust... ah well... I suppose if it comes to that, I'll just have to deal with it.

If they're not able to get the rights to it, they probably don't want to admit that to fans, thus why they may be pretending to not know about it... :/

My thoughts; I highly doubt that they aren't well aware of it. I mean, we're just fans and we know about it (season 4 and the movie), yet, they are a company that dealt with Winx for three seasons and they claim that they have nothing to do with it or don't know anything about it? Yeah right...

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
winxclubrox23
post Apr 1 2009, 3:43 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

We have to remember that 4kids dubs TV not movies. That doesn't explain season 4 though. But I don't see why they wouldn't have the rights after they did dub the other seasons. Grr! Copyright is just too complex.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
wkw427
post Apr 1 2009, 1:35 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Anyone get the sick feeling that they will use the actors that were used for the movie?

That would seriously butcher the show then...

If they don't use the season 1-3 cast, the show is dead to me

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
P-girl
post Apr 1 2009, 1:43 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

That mindset sure leaves you with very few shows to enjoy.
Zhanneel
post Apr 1 2009, 2:32 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

*sigh* I have to agree. As much as I'd like the same cast, in cartoon business things are going to change and there is nothing we can do about it. At least the show is still going to be dubbed in English at all. I don't know how many shows have changed voice actors on me, and every time I grin and bear it. It's really not going to be that bad and I think after a few episodes everyone will become adjusted to new voice actors. No, it won't be the voice actors you first loved, but I think it's things like character development and plot that are the most important anyway.
humbu111
post Apr 1 2009, 9:14 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

Boo
post Apr 1 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (humbu111 @ Apr 1 2009, 10:14 PM) *

Eh, I never got used to that...
(In fact, I don't believe I ever watched season 3 in full for that very reason.)

It just bothers me terribly when voice actors are changed. To me, it's like you're changing the very character if you change the voice. I suppose that makes some sense, going over it again, because voices never completely change (referring to actual people), so if you're looking at a show from a standpoint such as that, voices shouldn't change if they want the characters to feel human to the viewers.

Though, unfortunately, with money and time conflicts, it happens, and there's nothing that can be done about it. It's just a pity that it does...

Is it just me, or is there a lack of distinction among voices in the Rai english version? (That's one of the main reasons why I don't like it, personally...)

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
wkw427
post Apr 1 2009, 10:39 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

The voices are fine in rai eng if you watch it enough. they seem more real..

I mean, they are supposed to be real. not

OMG IM BLOND SO I TALK LOOOOOOOUD
i like plants so i talk soft and calm so people can't hear me
Im modern yo so i use slang yo yo YO!!!!
I enjoy being right so I talk with no errors at all, just like a computer.
Muhaha! I'm evil so I talk EVIL!
I, am EVIL! And being EVIL I must repeat my name over and over, because, I, EVIL, will conquer all!

Rai-eng sounds more human

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
humbu111
post Apr 1 2009, 10:43 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

winxclubrox23
post Apr 1 2009, 11:42 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ Apr 1 2009, 07:32 AM) *
No, it won't be the voice actors you first loved, but I think it's things like character development and plot that are the most important anyway.

*sniff sniff* But...but...*sniff* Mike Sinterniklaas is like the best possible Riven anywhere! It just won't be the same!

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Zhanneel
post Apr 2 2009, 2:52 AM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Lol, I completely understand you guys. There's two main differences between the 4kids and Rai dub, and actually, I respect both of them.

4kids: They have the over-the-top obvious voices, which I believe they chose for the younger kids so they'd better associate personalities to each person. In a way (no offense) it's the um...hate to say dumbed-down version, so let's just call it the extremely obvious version ^^. It's helpful in learning personalities right away. (But I do miss Musa's voice when compared to the Rai dub. It was unique and different. Had they left out the slang it would still have been great.)

Rai: At first I thought I'd hate it, and for the same reasons as everyone else. I thought the voices were not distinctive enough. That they didn't match the person's character. But then I realized my voice doesn't necessarily match my own character in real life, and nor does anyone else's for that matter. We come to associate voices to characters/people after we get to know someone. So what I'm saying is, the voices won't match to your ears when you first watch the Rai dub. But that's the beauty of it. It's realistic. You have to watch many episodes to come to realize each person's voice has little distinctions that separate them, and eventually you come to associate the voices with the character themselves. I will say though that I'm not too fond of Riven and Musa's voice actors. But Timmy's was a nice change icon_wink.gif. No stereotypical geeky sounding voice anymore!
Abdu 6b
post Apr 2 2009, 2:57 AM
Post #19

Tynix Fairy

Well that's just weird! I did some research on the internet 2 weeks ago and I found a 4kids preview of the movie! I guess they must have cancelled that. Oh, by the way... 4kids for some reason is no longer even on here in HWD in Ontario! Which made me sad icon_sad.gif

--------------------
Thank you Shaylo for the awesome signature.
Another Morning
post Apr 2 2009, 3:37 AM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

I haven't watched too much Rai, but I know I've said before that the similar voices confused me. To be honest, I think the main reason I prefer the 4kids is because that's what I saw first. I'm actually mostly okay with the Rai.

Except Sky sounds like a 10-year-old. He's the only one of the guys that I've heard, but I wasn't impressed.

--------------------

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:49 PM