Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Persona 3, Great game, I reccomend it.
P-girl
post Jul 27 2008, 2:06 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

A few friends gave me this game for my birthday, and I am hooked.
It's an RPG set in modern-day Japan, you're a nameless student who attends a new school. So far so normal.... however, in this world, at midnight, there's a special, lost hour, the 'Dark hour'. Most people just go into some sort of sleep in a coffin-like box, oblivious to all of this. But some people have 'the potential' to be awake at this hour. There also are people who have so-called 'Persona's' in them, creatures that can be summoned and used in battle. You (The player) become part of a group called SEES, and will battle so-called 'Shadows', creatures who hunt in this Dark Hour, and explore Tartarus, a maze-like castle, filled with Shadows and somehow connected to the Dark Hour. The cool thing is, you can evolve and strengthen your persona by obtaining 'Social Links', which means making friends and other contacts. Which means by day you should go to school, hang out with pals, join sports clubs and a whole lot else.

What really strikes me as awesome, is that despite some heavy elements. (For example, the personas have to be summoned by (Only read if you're over twelve) Shooting yourself in the head with some sort of magic bullet.), it's a nice, light-hearted game (at the moment, I'm still not that far....I just joined the student council), with a cool fighting system and great music and humor. If you like your anime dark and bizarre, I would seriously reccomend it. (And if you don't.... I reccomend it to.)
Go to the top of the page
PinkSugar
post Jul 27 2008, 3:16 PM
Post #2

Enchantix Fairy

Group: Members

I keep hearing great things about this game. I need to definitely check it out. I've had three different friends tell me to place it because I love RPG games. Of course, they never told me what it was about. "Persona" made me thing of aliens for some reason. I never bothered to even look into it.

The fact that there is fighting and social stuff, it sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for the write up!

--------------------

signature by saruvi of AF // suiitsunohime is a name I go by on other boards
darkar
post Jul 27 2008, 3:50 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Rpg GAmes *peeks*
Cool...so which console is it on?

--------------------

P-girl
post Jul 27 2008, 4:14 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

It's for the Playstation 2.
darkar
post Jul 27 2008, 4:31 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

awesome i will give it a try
and have u played resident evil 4? on ps2?

--------------------

P-girl
post Jul 27 2008, 4:43 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Nah, those games aren't my thing. I like things.... surreal creepy, not realistic creepy.
darkar
post Jul 27 2008, 6:13 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Hmmmm nice...
for example???????

--------------------

P-girl
post Jul 27 2008, 6:20 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Well.... I think Persona's a pretty good example icon_mrgreen.gif the Persona designs reign from the cute (Like a snowman and a Pixie) to the bizarre. (Like Io: I think she looks friggin amazing.)
StellaRocks
post Jul 27 2008, 6:23 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

haha nice

--------------------

"Don't ever forget that with each step a person is able to take on their own, they have become that much stronger." ~Tamahome
Asher Omega
post Jul 28 2008, 12:12 AM
Post #10

Butterflix Fairy

WooHoo! a convert. so which copy of Persona 3 is it? is it the normal P3 or is it P3 Fes? and since you just got it, you (probably) haven't gotten far. it gets really um disturbing later on. and the Evokers are actually explained, its not bullets. on staying on topic. http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/persona-4/

yes persona 4 is coming out (at least to american shores) just in time for christmas. its been confirmed that it takes place in the same universe as P3. and no more evokers, replaced by glasses.

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
P-girl
post Jul 28 2008, 7:57 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

I think it's just P3.... is there a difference?
Asher Omega
post Jul 28 2008, 8:17 AM
Post #12

Butterflix Fairy

P3 Fes (short for Festival) has an added segment (its not a side quest) that takes place after the original ending of P3 (the true ending, since there are two of them). it removes the compendium (I love the feature to death, and the loss of it really sucks), its stuck in Hard mode (which really sucks), but it adds a few more fusions, brings some closure that some fans felt was needed. the original game in fes is referred to as "The Journey" while the special segment in Fes is referred to as "The Answer".

http://cgi.ebay.com/Persona-3-Trading-Card...6QQcmdZViewItem

MUST GET! but sadly I don't have the money for it. it was available as part of a reservation package but I didn't know about it at the time and now I feel jipt.

This post has been edited by Asher Omega: Jul 28 2008, 8:21 AM

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
P-girl
post Jul 28 2008, 8:20 AM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Ah, I see..... *Sigh* Personally, I hate it when they do that with video games (Or movies, for that matter). It's probably not so, but it feels like it's a stunts to get more money from the players.
Asher Omega
post Jul 28 2008, 8:30 AM
Post #14

Butterflix Fairy

some of the games that I like *coughArmoredCorecough* constantly do this. so I am used to it, but I will say that yes I do own P3 but not Fes (I really need to pick up my copy of it). but I'd say stick to P3 cause Fes is more geared towards gamers of personality. I likes me some challenge. and Persona is part of the Megaten universe so there might be a little bit of "What the..." in some of the apperances. (Angels is what comes to my mind, followed by the Incubus urgh.) but if you find it rather enjoyable, I might suggest Devil Summoner: Raido Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army.

--------------------

blargblargblargblarg.
P-girl
post Jul 28 2008, 9:37 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Sorry if it sounds silly, but what does 'Gamers of Personality' mean? My first guess that it was something like a 'casual gamer', but I'm probably completely wrong.
darkar
post Jul 28 2008, 11:03 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

nice pic!
i might try it ^^

--------------------

Asher Omega
post Jul 28 2008, 8:09 PM
Post #17

Butterflix Fairy

ARGH! typo. its the complete opposite of casual gamers, well not quite, but people with a bit more passion for challenges.

--------------------

blargblargblargblarg.
PinkSugar
post Jul 30 2008, 2:49 PM
Post #18

Enchantix Fairy

So, I did pick this game up two days ago, and I just started playing it. I've gotten to level 10 in Tartarus and have joined student council and such.

Overall, I think it's a really fun game. I wouldn't mind seeing it get darker, either. The music is just creepy enough in some situation, I actually love how personas are summoned (in a very... morbid sense). I've been playing around with fusing them and using strong relationships to my advantage. Now I can finally take on requests from that woman in the velvet room. I'm actually about to start playing again and see what that's all about.

Anyways, I like how it combines the anime style into the video game, and it's still nicely done. Some games can't do that, but Persona managed to. Maybe it's because when you talk to people, their expressions come up in anime style that's very reminiscent of PC choice-based games in Japan. Which brings me to another point: I also love the fact you walk around during the day and build relationships/your stats and at night you get to fight the evil shadow creatures. I also like that the day-time isn't just... there, as I thought it was going to be int he beginning (when you have no free reign of what your character does after school.) It has a purpose which is to build up personas if you should decide to create them.

I think I'm done here, but I'd recommend this game to anyone who wouldn't be... hmm... I think like P-girl said, " If you like your anime dark and bizarre, I would seriously reccomend it. (And if you don't.... I reccomend it to.)" There are trailers on you-tube to check out if you're unsure if this game would be for you or not.

Of course, not like I bothered before buying. I had a lot of people (including P-girl in this post) say how amazing it was, and a few of my friends said it was amazing and that I'd like it. I'm really glad I listened now.

--------------------

signature by saruvi of AF // suiitsunohime is a name I go by on other boards

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 6:54 PM