Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Add Reply
> Discuss Harry Potter 7 Here!, no spoiler warnings or boxes given fans enter at own risk!
Musa : The Rocks...
post Jul 26 2007, 3:42 PM
Post #1

Enchantix Fairy

Group: Members

Hey! I just thought that the book was amazing and i wanted to discuss it with ppl who have read it . soo anyone wanna discuss? we'll only put spoiler warnings in first 2 or 3 posts just so if anyone who hasn't read comes along! icon_wink.gif

--------------------
Temari and Gaara and the anime Naruto rule! YEAH!!! Sasuke and Orochimaru and Kabuto suck! S-U-C-K SUCK!!!!!
Go to the top of the page
melgirl1778
post Jul 26 2007, 3:54 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

i would love to discuss it!!!!!

I saw a interview with jkr! and she said that she might be planning to write a nother epilogue!!! explaining harry and ron becoming aurors and about the professors at hogworts!!!

--------------------

Made by Jah

post Jul 26 2007, 4:00 PM
Post #3

Enchantix Fairy

so whos death did u hate most i hated freds lupins and tonks

--------------------
Temari and Gaara and the anime Naruto rule! YEAH!!! Sasuke and Orochimaru and Kabuto suck! S-U-C-K SUCK!!!!!
melgirl1778
post Jul 26 2007, 4:04 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

i tink only lupin should have died, leaving teddy wit a mother. and i was soooo sad when fred died!!! poor george, he must have been so lonely!!!but im glad ginny lived because i thought she would have died.

--------------------

Made by Jah

bloom-enchantix-...
post Jul 26 2007, 5:35 PM
Post #5

Sirenix Fairy

guys, this is for the ones who havnt read the book yet or who havnt bought it.
u can read the whole book online this is the original copy which u can download as pdf format and read in adobe reader or just read it online:

http://static.scribd.com/docs/eaol7fo9roxvh.pdf

i hated freds death i think the same of poor george how alone he will feel , and does anyone hav any idea what will happen of Weasley's Wizard Wheezez?

--------------------
melgirl1778
post Jul 26 2007, 5:37 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

no, but hopefully it will be in the other epilogue jkr says she might write.

Mr. Weasley was supposed to die, i think i would rather have had him die then fred or tonks.

--------------------

Made by Jah

P-girl
post Jul 26 2007, 6:30 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Call me morbid, but I didn't hate any of the deaths. Of course, I was sad about them (Especially Mad-eye..... he was my fave. Snape's..... well, could've seen that one coming.) but they pointed out that this was a war; and Voldemort or the Death Eaters don't give mercy to their victims just because they have children or because they're 'the least likely to go'.
melgirl1778
post Jul 26 2007, 6:35 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

i know, but i still would have rather mr. weasly die then fred or tonks. so sad, but not as sad as dumbledore dying i was crying so hard when that happened.

--------------------

Made by Jah

Abby
post Jul 27 2007, 4:13 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

QUOTE (Musa : The Rockstar @ Jul 26 2007, 12:00 PM) *

i hated lupin and tonks death as well, they are my favorite "non main" characters and especially because they just had a baby and were just married only like for a year before they died, why did she have to kill them both? fred was pretty sad too, I mean it must be hard loosing a twin because now george can't switch with fred like they usually would etc. I would like another epilouge just to explain how ginny and harry became seriously involved (and ron and hermione, think about it, ginny still had another year at hogwarts after book seven, so what did harry do during that time??) I didn't cry over any of the deaths at all because I just didn't but I still was sad about lupin and tonks since I was so excited as I read about them having the baby and stuff...
post Jul 28 2007, 10:45 AM
Post #10

Enchantix Fairy

No offense melgirl1778 but i think ur a lil' bit harsh coz u talk like u don't care if anyone else dies as long as ur fav. charcters live

This post has been edited by Musa : The Rockstar: Jul 29 2007, 4:40 PM

--------------------
Zimi~of~Statix
post Jul 28 2007, 11:23 AM
Post #11

Enchantix Fairy

Killing off Tonks and Lupin broke me. I just hate the idea of a child growing up without parents, but anyway the damage is done and I guess its kind of bittersweet.
I hope she does write another epilogue explaining everything in more detail. I hated it how they didn't explain anything about their jobs, or who the new headmaster of hogwarts was. But I have to say I'm happy with the pairings.
Before I go here's a funfact:
The deathly hallows was set in 1997
bloom-enchantix-...
post Jul 28 2007, 5:39 PM
Post #12

Sirenix Fairy

hey guys, visit mugglenet.com there is an explanation jkr gave of the characters and explained a little about the epilogue!

--------------------
melgirl1778
post Jul 29 2007, 4:25 AM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

i never said anything about not killing my fa characters. i love ginny, but i think he should hav died and i think lupin should have died but tonks live. i love mr. weasley also, but i would have rather him dead then fred.

--------------------

Made by Jah

Another Morning
post Jul 29 2007, 7:54 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

Fred and George were my favorite characters, so I was really sad when Fred died. ;__; Lupin and Tonks and Dobby made me pretty sad, too.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
post Jul 30 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #15

Enchantix Fairy

Fred and George were my fav. characters too Why Fred*holds back tears*

--------------------
Jennygirl578
post Jul 30 2007, 3:50 PM
Post #16

Enchantix Fairy

QUOTE (Musa : The Rockstar @ Jul 26 2007, 12:00 PM) *

I was so upset that everyone basicly died...in addition to Fred,Lupin,Tonks...colin creevey,dobby,hedwig,madeye and many other characters that we've read from book one either died or were implied to have died. I mean I understand that it was a war and that because war isnt pretty some main characters had to die...I just wish that Fred hadnt.

As for the "19 years later"...I hated that I felt that it took from the story...I would have prefered one more chapter that summerized the clean up...or maybe something 2 years later. I think what would be really good would be a harry potter christmas book that takes place a few years after. That would be a really good way to show an epiloge, or make another book for fans. I really wanted to know what happened to the Dursleys, and some other characters.
Another Morning
post Jul 30 2007, 5:23 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

I was kind of disappointed with the epoluge, too. I really wanted to know what George did without Fred, and about all the other characters that weren't mentioned. However, I have read that JKR is planning on writting a sort of encyclopedia about the Harry Potter world that will include a lot of backstory and stuff that she couldn't fit into the books.

Also, she gave an interview that expanded on the epoluge a little.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
SolarfireWinx
post Jul 30 2007, 5:52 PM
Post #18

Sirenix Fairy

God, I can't imagine George without Fred. Can you imagine seeing a corpse that looks exactly like you? That's gotta leave some damage or something.

Lupin, Tonks and Dobby left me crying as well.

As for the epilogue, I liked it, I just wish we knew more about the others but It did answer a lot of questions about the main three.

Ron and Hermione getting together was sooooooooooooooooo cute. I squealed. icon_razz.gif

--------------------

Uber goregeous sig by Fullmoon & kudos to dragonFire for the amazing userbar!!
~*The Magic's In You.*~
Jennygirl578
post Jul 30 2007, 6:31 PM
Post #19

Enchantix Fairy

I just finished reading the interview with JK, it did explain alot more, still I hope that she writes another story...even if its a few years from now and just a small book
Another Morning
post Jul 31 2007, 6:44 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, I've been reading a lot of interviews where she expands on characters' futures and stuff. She said what happens to George, so I was satisfied.

This post has been edited by Another Morning: Jul 31 2007, 6:45 PM

--------------------

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 4:15 PM