Group: Members

I can't wait to see this movie in April 2013
Go to the top of the page
RenaEnchantix
post Apr 21 2013, 1:15 AM
Post #943

Harmonix Fairy

So Nickelodeon will be airing the movie sometime next month. It's up for pre-order on iTunes right now. however, the movie is going to be heavily edited when it's released in America. Half of it is being edited out so the film can be run as a one hour long special on television, so the film itself will run at about 45 minutes long. In the preview on iTunes you can see that Daphne has been edited out of the movie, along with Peg's introduction and the first scene of the three attendants. Other serious plot points are going to have to be cut out as well, considering the movie we'll be seeing here in the US is only half as long as the original Italian edition.

lebang
post Apr 21 2013, 6:32 AM
Post #944

Charmix Fairy

QUOTE (RenaEnchantix @ Apr 21 2013, 03:15 AM) *
So Nickelodeon will be airing the movie sometime next month. It's up for pre-order on iTunes right now. however, the movie is going to be heavily edited when it's released in America. Half of it is being edited out so the film can be run as a one hour long special on television, so the film itself will run at about 45 minutes long. In the preview on iTunes you can see that Daphne has been edited out of the movie, along with Peg's introduction and the first scene of the three attendants. Other serious plot points are going to have to be cut out as well, considering the movie we'll be seeing here in the US is only half as long as the original Italian edition.

Why would they cut the movie??

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Apr 21 2013, 8:46 AM
Post #945

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I really don't know. It seems stupid to me. Cutting can ruin things especially 50% as that is going to take out some significant parts.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
P-girl
post Apr 21 2013, 8:48 AM
Post #946

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Not to mention, even if a part isn't significant to the story, sometimes it adds to the mood or emotion of the piece. For example, I get the feeling that the montage of Mike and Vanessa showing Oritel and Miriam clips of Bloom growing up will receive some trimming since it doesn't contribute to the overall story. But it will probably loose a significant amount of emotional weight.
RenaEnchantix
post Apr 21 2013, 1:42 PM
Post #947

Harmonix Fairy

I'm guessing a lot of the cuts are due to plot holes, either ones that season 5 won't fill or ones that season 5 will create. People have been speculating that Bloom will use her Sirenix Wish to bring Daphne back to life, and if that's true that could account for Daphne no longer being present in the movie. also, Aisha would have to use her Sirenix Wish to bring Nabu back to life, and if she doesn't do that then most of the second half of the movie will have to be cut. Musa said bringing her dead mother back would be wrong, so Aisha may not do that for Nabu either now.
P-girl
post Apr 21 2013, 2:00 PM
Post #948

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (RenaEnchantix @ Apr 21 2013, 02:42 PM) *
I'm guessing a lot of the cuts are due to plot holes, either ones that season 5 won't fill or ones that season 5 will create. People have been speculating that Bloom will use her Sirenix Wish to bring Daphne back to life, and if that's true that could account for Daphne no longer being present in the movie. also, Aisha would have to use her Sirenix Wish to bring Nabu back to life, and if she doesn't do that then most of the second half of the movie will have to be cut. Musa said bringing her dead mother back would be wrong, so Aisha may not do that for Nabu either now.

But if Daphne's back to life.... then why's she still transparent. And wasn't the reason she was in the palace was because they took water from the lake and placed it there so she could be around family? Y'know, like most ghosts do?
RenaEnchantix
post Apr 21 2013, 5:09 PM
Post #949

Harmonix Fairy

well that's why she'd have been cut out of the movie, so if she is brought back to life she's not suddenly a ghost again. as far as I know, season 5 has not ended anywhere yet. I know that the US is now further behind the rest of the world because Nickelodeon loves randomly not showing Winx Club, but I don't believe it's ended anywhere so nobody know's how it's ended. as it stands now, I believe only one winx has used her wish. maybe two.
P-girl
post Apr 21 2013, 5:25 PM
Post #950

Cosmix Fairy

Eh, we'll see what happens. I personally think the cuts were made in, like, the musical montages and such.
Kendall112
post Apr 21 2013, 6:29 PM
Post #951

Bloomix Fairy

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

Sigh.....i guess I'll just enjoy what they show.

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Apr 22 2013, 9:16 AM
Post #952

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

The movie takes place pre season 5 so what happens at the end is irrelevant to what happens in the movie. I also believe that the wishes of Aisha will be to do with rescuing the rest of the mutants from Tritannus. I think that the others will end up wishing to save the world from whatever Tritannus does towards the end of the season.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
RenaEnchantix
post Apr 22 2013, 8:34 PM
Post #953

Harmonix Fairy

I don't think the movie has a set place in the timeline. it can't be after season 4, as Nabu is present, but it can't be before season 4 because they have Believix. it would either have to take place somewhere between episodes 7 and 12 of season 4, since Roxy isn't with them, but that wouldn't even make sense since it starts with Bloom living on Domino instead of Earth.

I think that Nick is re-imagining the Winx Club timeline so that Magical Adventure will make sense when placed after season 5. once Tritannus is gone they'll have no need for Sirenix, so I bet they'll give it up and revert to Believix Fairies. Bloom is already spending more time on Domino, so that makes sense. if she uses her wish to bring back Daphne, that could explain why she's no longer in the movie (since she'd no longer be a spirit). I don't think Aisha needs her wish to bring her family back, since it's already been established that the sword of Neptune can do that, and I feel like once Tritannus is defeated his spell will break anyways. if she uses her wish to bring Nabu back to life, then there's another problem solved.

so far, no matter where you place it, Winx Club: Magical Adventure makes no sense in the Winx Club time line. it can only work as a completely separate universe movie using the same characters, which is a bit too complex for Nickelodeon's target audience. I honestly feel that Rainbow will make season 5 end in a way that will allow Nickelodeon to air their edited version of Magical Adventure and have it make sense.
dreamywinxgirl94
post Apr 23 2013, 11:23 PM
Post #954

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I agreed. Nick is well...trying to fit the timeline for Season 4 or 5 since Magical Adventure doesn't flow with the storyline of the series.

Let's just hope Nick didn't ruin it. I know it ruins for old fans...but again this is for the new fans just like they did for the Specials of Season 1 and 2. We have to get use to it. We can always go back to the original version.

For me, I will watch the Nick's version and then go back to the Rai-Eng (I hadn't watch it yet. xD I watched the whole thing in Italian)

I also heard from Facebook, I don't have the message copied because she removed her post. -_-" She mentioned she went to the LA Event in California where they showed Magical Adventure. They had good reviews about Nick's version. Let's hope so when we all watch on May for those who didn't see it yet.

--------------------

~Believe in Winx Dreams!~
DreamyWinx Will Always Be Remembered 2008-2015:

*Forum Set Made by Me.* xD

Abby
post Apr 26 2013, 3:43 AM
Post #955

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Sorry to sound behind, but when is the movie airing again?

Even though I usually don't like it when things are changed, I feel like it would be nice for nick to make this movie make sense in the timeline of the show. It never did when it first came out so it could be great to get some clarity even if it is not necessarily what was originally planned.
RenaEnchantix
post Apr 27 2013, 8:05 PM
Post #956

Harmonix Fairy

Michael's Winx Club is reporting "Winx Club: Magic Adventure" will air on Monday, May 20th. this means it'd air before season 5 ends here, so I guess Nickelodeon isn't really caring too much about the continuity after all. since Winx Club isn't scheduled to start back up again until May 5th, season 5 won't end in the US until June at this point.
Abby
post Apr 28 2013, 12:02 AM
Post #957

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

That's...interesting. Maybe they will end up changing it again. Nick seems to like to change their dates all the time.

48 Pages V  « < 46 47 48
Add Reply
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:23 AM