Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine, me and my adventure into the Online world of Megaten!
Asher Omega
post Jan 24 2009, 1:24 AM
Post #1

Butterflix Fairy

Group: Members

okay not a lot of people check out the games section. and the little that do vehemently dislike MMOs. well I found one that I've been wanting to for awhile because no one wanted to pick it up for the american/european markets because there technically no market for it. but now there is.

I now present Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine!

http://megaten.aeriagames.com/

once I've downloaded the installer and gotten some things straitened out, I'll start playing it to see how well it works.

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
Go to the top of the page
MorriganAensland
post Jan 24 2009, 1:25 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Sweet! Hope it goes well!

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
P-girl
post Jan 24 2009, 9:41 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Count me in!

If my brother stops whining about my downloads slowing down his...... hypocrit.....
Asher Omega
post Jan 24 2009, 6:02 PM
Post #4

Butterflix Fairy

okay after a couple of hours cleaning house (aka getting rid of games/programs I don't use now from my HDD) I installed Imagine, got a membership with the company licensing it, and (finally) started a character.

By tlyskae

(and note the subtle {NOT} hint at one of my works)

So far I've played mostly the intro levels and gotten the hang of the game mechanics fairly well. and I will state that it is a Megaten game. just a really weird one. and I wish that screen cap of me fighting chickens with turnip heads was gotten (I've forgotten their name, forgive me but for those who're going to be playing they're in the Training lvl 4 I think).

okay Plot for it is actually fairly simple. the game takes place after the events of Shin Megami Tensei 2. which is to say that Demons (which were summoned via a form of technology) have over taken over the planet, nuclear holocaust happens, humanity retreats to underground shelters, giant tsunami hits Japan which takes out most of japan's demon populous, they build a giant tower, and then three smaller obelisks pop up around the tower and now Japan is overridden with more demons than you can shake a dead irradiated cat at.

your character is a Demon buster, a person who's sworn to defeat demons and keep humanity safe. which gives you the right befriend demons and start your quest/mission to figure out whats going on.

on a side note, the Tower (which by the way is called Shinjuku Babel) is in Shinjuku. which immediately reminded me of an old anime called Demon City Shinjuku. which also had a giant tower.

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
P-girl
post Jan 24 2009, 6:06 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

I've played it. I'm still in an early stage (Just gotten out of that virtual training....thing (Yes, I've seen the Turnip-chickens, those things are weird.))
Asher Omega
post Jan 24 2009, 6:09 PM
Post #6

Butterflix Fairy

Hey P-girl what's your character's name by the way? newbies help each other out.

and yes the chicken-turnips or what ever are seriously creepy.

--------------------

blargblargblargblarg.
P-girl
post Jan 24 2009, 6:13 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

It's Xieress (Quelle Surprise, but hey, it's one of those names nobody else has, so you don't need to mess around with numbers.)
Asher Omega
post Jan 24 2009, 6:21 PM
Post #8

Butterflix Fairy

Cool. it should be blatantly apparent what my character's name is. I'll check to see if you're on when I sign in later today. or at least if I can forward a message to you.

oh, what do you think of the combat system, slightly weird no?

--------------------

blargblargblargblarg.
P-girl
post Jan 24 2009, 6:28 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

It's okay. Not that weird if you ask me.... but then again, I haven't gotten any Pers-er, demons yet.
Asher Omega
post Jan 24 2009, 8:28 PM
Post #10

Butterflix Fairy

Neither have I. currently having massive problems trying to complete a quest that requires I do so. urgh. stupid leader pixies.

and yea demons aren't personas. demons are like an extra party member. persona's are like a helping hand.

--------------------

blargblargblargblarg.
P-girl
post Jan 24 2009, 8:30 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, but given the name and using the same sort of sprites, it can be an honest mix-up.
Asher Omega
post Jan 24 2009, 8:36 PM
Post #12

Butterflix Fairy

yea. the models are really used practically with most of all the 3-d games.

also I found a picture of the chicken-turnip, which is incidently called an Onmoraki.

http://wiki.aeriagames.com/megaten/index.p...Raptor#Onmoraki

--------------------

blargblargblargblarg.
P-girl
post Jan 24 2009, 8:40 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Is it really wrong of me to wonder how it tastes?
Asher Omega
post Jan 24 2009, 8:46 PM
Post #14

Butterflix Fairy

Honestly? no clue. I'm still kinda wondering how I'm going to get the friggan leader pixie to follow me.

Nevermind figured it out. had to go get the compendium first. now to sell that little pixystick (Bug ger is banned?) into slavery or what ever they're going to use her/It for.

This post has been edited by Asher Omega: Jan 25 2009, 12:06 AM

--------------------

blargblargblargblarg.
Asher Omega
post Jan 25 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #15

Butterflix Fairy

and happy days have started! I've now got my first Jack Bro! an inexperienced Jack Frost (its a bit smaller and gets 1/4 less experience than a normal Jack frost) but I'm keeping him for a nice fusion when I finally reach the right level.

so how have things been going on your character P-girl?

--------------------

blargblargblargblarg.
P-girl
post Jan 25 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

One word: Gah! I just can't get the hang of this whole 'Contracting a demon'-thing.....
Asher Omega
post Jan 26 2009, 3:52 AM
Post #17

Butterflix Fairy

okay, here's what to do. you remember where the Virtual training room is? (of course) right outside the doorway is a guard. talk to him. he'll give you a quest about checking maps and such. talk to him until he asks for you to take a letter to a woman near the exit of Home III. take it to her. get the explanation of home points. go back to the guard, he'll then send you off to the Cathedral of Shadows to (Finally) pick up the Demon Compendium. which (for some strange reason) allows you to finally use the Greeting skill for demons. a note on the Pixie leader, even though it doesn't state it in the Bio/Demonic features, it gets 80% of all exp instead of 100%. one thing I did was I turned on the Expertise Talk on so I could get the 1000 Macca contract. its really helpful.

Edit: I finally figured out why the snapshot wasn't taking anything. I have to hold down the key for it to work. now for proof of my Jack Frost.

By tlyskae

isn't he so cute? also I messed up, he doesn't get 1/4 less, he gets 1/4 MORE exp. so yea I'm sticking with the little guy. and a comparison to a normal sized Jack Frost.

By tlyskae

This post has been edited by Asher Omega: Jan 26 2009, 6:52 AM

--------------------

blargblargblargblarg.
Asher Omega
post Jan 28 2009, 6:04 AM
Post #18

Butterflix Fairy

and I'm currently training up so I can get to my next Act quest. argh. P-girl, gotten the hang of talking to demons yet?

--------------------

blargblargblargblarg.
P-girl
post Jan 28 2009, 8:47 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

No.... and I'm sorry, but I don't think this is my kind of game.....
Asher Omega
post Jan 28 2009, 6:28 PM
Post #20

Butterflix Fairy

Actually, that makes me a bit happy. you're forming opinions about what you like, instead of blindly (and yes I know people who've done this) follow Named series. and believe me, there are a few games that I won't touch in the Megaten universe, mostly because of how hard they are.

--------------------

blargblargblargblarg.

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 8:31 AM