Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Why no Tecna/Musa Harmonix dolls, Now finally explained
SpiderBraids
post Feb 14 2014, 10:06 AM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

Michael's Favorites reported on their Winx Club news page about a bunch of new lines from Jakks coming out this year (including Mythix), but more relevant to the discussion is that we finally have an explanation for why, after the previous announcement of Tecna and Musa Harmonix dolls being retailer exclusives and said dolls even being featured as part of the TV ad for the line, said dolls ended up never being released (at least in the US and Canada), in the form of an official response from Jakks:

"Musa and Tecna will not be released in Harmonix. Due to product wave strategies and high inventory levels prohibited the release of those two characters for the Harmonix collection. Once the retailers finally got through their high inventory they moved on to the next wave." (Source)

blink.gif

(Meanwhile, Witty Toys did make Harmonix dolls of those characters... Here's a vid review of a Tecna Harmonix.)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
Kendall112
post Feb 15 2014, 6:13 AM
Post #2

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

I must admit I don't fully understand what they mean by this.

--------------------
P-girl
post Feb 15 2014, 9:21 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

QUOTE (Kendall112 @ Feb 15 2014, 07:13 AM) *
I must admit I don't fully understand what they mean by this.

I THINK it's something along the lines of them being part of the 'Second Wave' of Harmonix. (That happens with Monster High. There's a first wave of a line and later on, they switch a few (But not all) dolls with other dolls in kind of like a second wave of said line), but Harmonix sold too bad so once they sold out, they decided to go for Sirenix immediately.

I think.... This is pure Speculation.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:03 PM