Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Hair Help
Abby
post Jun 11 2012, 2:00 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

So I really want to grow my hair out since I haven't had it longer than right below my shoulders for almost 4 years now. It has been growing and is getting longer, but I feel like my hair grows at a snails pace compared to every other girl I know. Anyone know of any natural tips that can help my hair grow a bit faster?
Go to the top of the page
Zhanneel
post Jun 11 2012, 5:16 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

There are a few supplements I know of that can encourage better hair growth, not exactly in magical Winx powers methods ha, but they are beneficial for the hair. If you take a daily vitamin it probably already has some of these supplements in them: biotin and niacin for sure. There are definitely other nutrients your hair needs to keep it healthy and encourage growth, but those two I always see when promoting hair growth.

I take a multivitamin every day, and sometimes a biotin tablet too on the side (along with calcium, fish oil, vitamin C etc). I don't think they necessarily speed up the growth of hair, but I take a few vitamins (because I know my body does not get everything I need from my diet) and it keeps my hair growing healthy. I'm fairly sure if I didn't have the right supplements it would grow poor, possibly even slowly.

I went through the exact thing you are going through right now, trying to grow my hair out. I started with my hair above my shoulders about 2 years ago and I've only gone in for trims every 3 or 4 months since. My hair is now about to the middle of my back which is pretty substantial. At first it felt like it was never going to get longer! But it finally hit me one day "Wow, it's getting longer!"

Some other natural (and probably obvious) tips are seen here:

http://www.ehow.com/info_8210067_tips-stim...air-growth.html

Eat well (protein-- hair needs protein!), make sure you have all of your vitamins, no harsh chemical treatments, and trimming every so often.

Sometimes it's the trimming that holds my hair back from being as long as it could have been (usually I get an inch taken off), but at least the split ends aren't causing me to pull out my hair.

Good luck, though I think for the most part it is a waiting game. : )
Abby
post Jun 11 2012, 9:20 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Thanks for the tips! I'll have to look into some of them, hopefully it starts growing faster soon.
dittadulla
post Jun 13 2012, 8:58 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I just want to stress trimming it regularly, because it grows better (and faster because you won't have to chop as much off everytime!) when you cut off the split ends and really open the strands, if that makes sense!

--------------------
Kaylin
post Jun 13 2012, 9:48 PM
Post #5

Believix Fairy

Group: Members

QUOTE (dittadulla @ Jun 13 2012, 02:58 PM) *
I just want to stress trimming it regularly, because it grows better (and faster because you won't have to chop as much off everytime!) when you cut off the split ends and really open the strands, if that makes sense!

I've heard the same thing. I have a friend who trims her hair often. It grows insanely fast and it's gorgeous!
PrincessNoor
post Jun 14 2012, 11:28 AM
Post #6

Pixie

Group: Members

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ Jun 11 2012, 06:16 AM) *
There are a few supplements I know of that can encourage better hair growth, not exactly in magical Winx powers methods ha, but they are beneficial for the hair. If you take a daily vitamin it probably already has some of these supplements in them: biotin and niacin for sure. There are definitely other nutrients your hair needs to keep it healthy and encourage growth, but those two I always see when promoting hair growth.

I take a multivitamin every day, and sometimes a biotin tablet too on the side (along with calcium, fish oil, vitamin C etc). I don't think they necessarily speed up the growth of hair, but I take a few vitamins (because I know my body does not get everything I need from my diet) and it keeps my hair growing healthy. I'm fairly sure if I didn't have the right supplements it would grow poor, possibly even slowly.

I went through the exact thing you are going through right now, trying to grow my hair out. I started with my hair above my shoulders about 2 years ago and I've only gone in for trims every 3 or 4 months since. My hair is now about to the middle of my back which is pretty substantial. At first it felt like it was never going to get longer! But it finally hit me one day "Wow, it's getting longer!"

Some other natural (and probably obvious) tips are seen here:

http://www.ehow.com/info_8210067_tips-stim...air-growth.html

Eat well (protein-- hair needs protein!), make sure you have all of your vitamins, no harsh chemical treatments, and trimming every so often.

Sometimes it's the trimming that holds my hair back from being as long as it could have been (usually I get an inch taken off), but at least the split ends aren't causing me to pull out my hair.

Good luck, though I think for the most part it is a waiting game. : )

thankyou for this my friend also needed help i will tell it to her

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Jul 2 2012, 8:33 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Glad it helped you too PrincessNoor. I continue to do those tips right now and hope I get get my hair to grow another foot in a year. Woot!

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:54 AM