Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> The Musa and Tecna dolls issue
SpiderBraids
post Nov 23 2012, 1:40 AM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

A few weeks ago, Jakks unveiled their new Harmonix doll line. Notably, the initial announcement seemed to suggest that they weren't making dolls of Musa and Tecna, before Jakks later announced that they would be retailer exclusives. Of course, this isn't the first time those two girls have gotten the short shrift from the doll makers. Many of us remember that back in the 4Kids era, Mattel's doll releases often had the same issue, which must have been frustrating for fans of those characters (or doll collectors). What are your opinions on this issue?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Nov 23 2012, 6:18 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Not gonna lie, my first reaction was an expletive... however, then I remember someone saying this does have a silver lining.
Remember, most other lines Jakks has have this annoying 'It only has Layla OR Tecna OR Musa in their assortment' deal going on. With this exclusivity, it at least means that, for this store, these three girls are at least more widely available and decreases the hunting.
Abby
post Nov 24 2012, 5:21 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I think it's annoying since I'm sure every person who watches the show has a different favorite character that they would want to get the doll for.

I guess I understand how it might be costly to have to develop each girl for every line that they do, but I think that the costs would be worth it ultimately.
dreamywinxgirl94
post Nov 25 2012, 7:29 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

At first when I saw the release...I got disappointed why they are not making Tecna's and Musa's Harmonix Dolls, but then said they promised to release the Full Winx Club for Sirenix. -_-" Really? After that, I was relieve they will release Tecna's and Musa's Harmonix as exclusives....but this got me worried...I just hope it will not be release only in a specific area for a "special event". =(

I hope they will release in one of the stores. (I wonder if it's a pack? =S)

I was annoyed as well since I had stuggle with finding Musa's, Tecna's, and Aisha's Believix Dolls. (It probably will be the same when I look for Harmonix and Sirenix Dolls). -_-" I was wondering why can't they make the same number of packs for all stores instead of mainly Bloom, Stella, and Flora. =( All the fans wanted to collect them all since it's the Winx Club. Not a Bloom, Stella, and Flora Club. =/
Well...guess they focused too much on the popularity of selling Bloom, Stella, and Flora. =( That's why they had the most than Musa, Tecna, and Aisha. It's really sad.

Really? Mattel did the same? =S I seen all the Collection of Winx in stores? Is that true they did the same with Musa, Tecna, and Aisha? o.o I always thought they are much better than Jakks because Mattel always release the Winx Club dolls in the same amount instead of mainly Bloom, Stella, and Flora the most than Musa, Tecna, and Aisha as what Jakks is doing right now.

This post has been edited by dreamywinxgirl94: Nov 25 2012, 7:31 PM

--------------------

~Believe in Winx Dreams!~
DreamyWinx Will Always Be Remembered 2008-2015:

*Forum Set Made by Me.* xD

Zhanneel
post Nov 25 2012, 11:10 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Yeah, that is rather lame for the buyers. One might even think why does Straffi bother to make six main girl characters if he's only going to promote three of them anyway? Granted, it's most likely those three dolls (Bloom, Stella, and Flora) that bring the best profit in doll sales, and that's what their marketing analysis reflects-- the reality that younger girls appreciate the longest hair and cutest outfits. The typical princess look I suppose you'd say. As much as I do not care for companies playing favorites with a tv show, I do understand a tiny bit this particular case since there are six main characters to keep in production. What is the lost profit on less popular dolls that are not sold? Hmm. Most shows only have three and production is easy.

However, there is Monster High and MLP, both of which have a large cast of characters and the companies are able to keep most of those doll characters in supply. So I'd say it is possible for Jakk's Pacific to do likewise. Instead of being exclusive, why not just do what Mattel did years ago and make less of Musa, Tecna, and Layla but still market them with the other three girls? If I looked around enough I did find a Tecna and Musa on the shelves. Takes more hunting, but at least they made all six girls and sold them in all stores.
Abby
post Nov 29 2012, 4:38 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Yeah I did occasionally find a Tecna or Musa doll before but it wasn't often. I just hate that they put so much preference on only 3 girls.
Nebbia
post Nov 29 2012, 10:23 AM
Post #7

Charmix Fairy

Group: Members

I find the Jakks dolls really .. i dont know ugly? if thats the right world. i dont know i always though Simba was the only one that made the dolls even remotley like the cartoon, apart from Mattel who did i pretty good job also. It doesnt suprise me though, Mattel did the same thing the original Italian dolls are the only ones who really care for releasing the full line.
With that said its disapointing. I personally collect Musa dolls, i find it so hard to find her in anything but Simba.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:16 PM