Add Reply
> They've Gone Too Far, 4kids...
mightymarty2
post Feb 28 2008, 5:21 PM
Post #41

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

about the same age we have a quick talk about it then we get to go through it more at about 14-15

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Go to the top of the page
Abby
post Mar 2 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #42

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Yeah I am aware you don't need to be married to have kids, but like mightymarty said, I would want my child to grow up in a family situation. I have considered if I am single my whole life (which lately I have been thinking I will end up that way, I mean I don't exactly want a boyfriend right now but no boy has ever asked me out when all these other girls at my school have gone out with all these people, even my younger brother has who is 10) having a child but I don't know how I would handle a job to support me and the child and be there for my child growing up etc. I do think most parents let their kids get spoiled really easily. I didn't have any gaming system in the house growing up at all (I wasn't really interested in the first place) and my brother didn't get a gba until like 2 years ago.
mightymarty2
post Mar 3 2008, 4:49 PM
Post #43

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I know what you mean single is the way it goes for some like for me its confidence and no one has asked me out

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Boo
post Mar 4 2008, 10:44 PM
Post #44

Cosmix Fairy

Believe it or not (jk): I don't have a boyfriend. Haven't had one in a LONG time. Too much stress really. Since when did dating become, "Oh, I have to be perfect and beautiful to impress him"... blah blah blah. No thank you, I've got plenty of stress already xD Plus, nobody has asked me out. lol

I think some parents let their television and gaming systems do the parenting. Kids shouldn't grow up that way. If video games and television are the only "good" influences they have from their home life as an older child or early teen, that's just sad. Some parents are just lazy. Like I said, if you don't want to take care of a kid, don't have one.

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
AnnieBelle
post Mar 5 2008, 12:00 AM
Post #45

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I heard there's no legal drinking age in Italy. My friend Cessa was in Italy in October of '06, and in all the restaurants, she kept getting offered the wine list.
Speaking of the whole 'don't have to be married to have kids', I have two examples, plus an example in the 'no lectures about this stuff until it was too late' category: My mother, who knows who her dad is but has never met him, and Victoria, who doesn't even know who her dad is, and I don't think her mom remembers, either. And then, my Aunt Colleen. She's about 34, and my cousin Clayton is 18. 34-18=16.

And jeez. Riley [my stepbrother] is 12 years old [same age as me]. He watches 'R' rated movies a lot, and his favorite show on TV is...I don't remember right now, but it's some show on adult swim.
I don't get it. They showed a couple of the adult swim cartoons DURING THE DAY today. DURING THE DAY. I seriously don't get it, either. Japanese cartoons=very very bad for American children, but American cartoons that deal with the same stuff=very very good for our children, they're educational, and you should watch them.

--------------------
P-girl
post Mar 5 2008, 8:31 AM
Post #46

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Boo @ Mar 4 2008, 11:44 PM) *
I think some parents let their television and gaming systems do the parenting. Kids shouldn't grow up that way. If video games and television are the only "good" influences they have from their home life as an older child or early teen, that's just sad. Some parents are just lazy. Like I said, if you don't want to take care of a kid, don't have one.

Hear hear. That's why I adore Charlie and the Chocolate factory (Burton version), especially the song for Mike Teevee. It's just so.... recognizable and needed.
MorriganAensland
post Mar 5 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #47

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Understand right now that what I'm about to say is not condoning what 4Kids does... but I do wish to put it in perspective.

Recently I've been watching, on youtube, all the old Kinnikuman episodes. If anyone remembers Ultimate Muscle all those years ago, Kinnikuman was the prequel series to that which was written in '79, where all those old guys like Robin Mask and Buffaloman actually fought instead of being trainers at t3h Hercules Factory. The series was pretty much a gag series at first, parodying Ultraman, but it eventually got into parodying wrestling too and serious moments.

Anyways, despite its humor, there were still some pretty violent and gory sequences in the manga. In the one of the first story arcs, one guy ends up getting ripped clean in half. In the anime rendition, he's turned into Ramen noodles and eaten. In another sequence, they edited an attack which involved pressurizing someone's blood and having it burst out of their head which then fell onto the ring and covered it into it just being water.

Fist of the North Star received a similar treatment too. Many times in the manga, children would end up dying, yet nine times out of ten in the anime, our hero Kenshiro would save them just in time. Also, the various "blood explosions" in that series were also edited to be white. It was still blood, there was no doubt about that, and other blood colorings were left the same. Yet you gotta wonder "why the heck would they bother with just that?"

It's not as if 4Kids is the only group that censors, and they aren't the worst. Don't believe me? The old '80s series Robotech was literally three seperate anime that were edited to pieces and crammed into one long epic cluster****. My only advice is to not watch the crap they present, and keep those you know/children from watching it.

Besides, if their beloved sponsors don't feel they're getting their money's worth because viewership is low, they'll pull funding. And no funding means no 4Kids.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Zentron
post Mar 13 2008, 3:21 PM
Post #48

Butterflix Fairy

QUOTE (MorriganAensland @ Mar 5 2008, 10:34 PM) *
Besides, if their beloved sponsors don't feel they're getting their money's worth because viewership is low, they'll pull funding. And no funding means no 4Kids.
No 4Kids? Well I know what to say to that, HUZZAHHH HUZZAHHH HUZZAHHHH.

I'm just glad I don't have to watch the 4Kids dubs of WC, seeing as those lovely 'Mondo Home Entertainment' have the English audio and being region 2 is also a bonus. So I'm sorta glad 4Smegs doesn't allow us limeys to see the show anymore. Anywayz, Al Kahn is an evil racist fool who really should not be left in charge of running a church feat, let alone a multi-million dollar business! Whilst they may not have been the worst of all time, they are one of the biggest offenders now, that's is what is of concern.

--------------------

- My Winx Club dedicated forum. Wallpapers, images, games, Rai English episode D/L, etc.
Candyiz789
post Mar 14 2008, 6:24 AM
Post #49

Butterflix Fairy

Well going back to alot of discussion in Page 1 & 2, Kids need limits from born baby to six years old, Then as soon as they start playing and going out on there own a little.. Why is it possible for America (across the Atlantic cause i live in UK) to dub disgustingly, I prefer the RAI English Season 3, 2 and 1 cause there are fewer cuts, original music, original script and its perfect.. you should watch it!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard that a RAI English Winx Movie is coming out!!
It might!

icon_smile.gif icon_biggrin.gif

--------------------

Thanks to Jahnavi for the sig and avvy =)

Candii..xxx
MorriganAensland
post Mar 14 2008, 1:12 PM
Post #50

Cosmix Fairy

I'll pass.

I usually opt for watching the Subtitled version of something. Very few times have I seen a dub carry off the same spirit and emotion that the original version.

Exceptions:
The Catalan version of Kinnikuman. Yeah, I have no idea what they're saying, but they kept all the old music and everything, and the dubbing itself was pretty good and carrying over Suguru's trait of being a loud-mouthed, lazy idiot for the first part of the series, only to grow into a more responsible, if still very silly, character later on who was arguably the smartest person on the show when it'd be funnier than making him the dumbest. Theyd didn't do that a lot... but when the did, it's like his IQ shot up 500 points.

The English version of Howl's Moving Castle. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. If not, go and see it. If you're read the book, know full well the movie differs from it in about a billion ways. The voice acting in the American dub, however, is spot-on with actual actors taking care of it... with the guy that just did Batman, for one, as the titular character Howl.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
P-girl
post Mar 14 2008, 1:18 PM
Post #51

Cosmix Fairy

Judging the fact that Holland has a 'Dub everything that's kiddy into Dutch'-policy, with only a few exceptions (Mostly Hollywood blockbusters like Shrek, then we get both versions), I got the feeling I'm forced to watch the Dutch movie. Not that Dutch voice-acting is THAT bad. (Especially for Winx), I just hold my breath and hope that they chance some of the more..... abysmal voices. (Gimme back season 2 Palladium's schmexy voice, damnit! (And the Season 1 voice of A.T.O.M.'s Mr Lee, oh, and Lioness to and please give their clones actual different voices? Thank you.))
DuelMasterP
post Mar 31 2008, 10:37 PM
Post #52

A True Fairy

I can understand some things being censored, like extreme violence, but 4kids change everything. Just compare the very first episode of winx. When Bloom gets woken up (which 4kids sent to the middle of the episode because they put all of the scenes into a bingo machine or something) they air brush out her mum and mirror the image (when the camera moves in front of her).

--------------------

WinxFairyAlianne
post Apr 3 2008, 7:44 PM
Post #53

Sirenix Fairy

It was really babish the last eposode! *spolier*I mean when sky, was like "Where's Bloom" *Spolier end* I mean you wouldnt do that!

--------------------
Unica-Musa
post May 7 2008, 4:40 PM
Post #54

Sirenix Fairy

May be spoilers in the following post:

I just watched the last two episodes of winx club season 3 in 4kids version....my gosh they made them act sooo babish. It was dreadful! They totally ruined those episodes in my opinion...everything the winx said was just...kiddish, and obviously dubbed very harshly.

Did anyone else notice?

I don't watch 4kids because of that....
4kids is sooooooooooooo boring that because the name of tv is "for kids"
isn it?

--------------------

Pics of Musa found on this forum! Forum set by me!

Thnx to wonderful Zhaaneel I have this cool animated siggy
Riiana
post Jul 17 2008, 9:25 PM
Post #55

Cosmix Fairy

We get it taught when w're in Year 9. Thats 13-14 year olds.
But we get taught about Puberty younger than tha, usually about 2 or 3 years younger than the Sex education.
Yeah same I know people that had kids BY the age of 15. Not a good idea, they wont really manage and it will ruin their life. Not saying having a kid is a bad thing, just getting one at a young age is.

Same, for us its legal to drink from the age of 5 if you are in you're own house with an adult present. And the law has changed now, we get our licenses when we are 21 or 18 I think. Alcohol its been changed to 21 now too. >.< Totally not fair but I understand their panic since a lot of Teens now drink.

--------------------
Music123
post Aug 21 2008, 7:50 AM
Post #56

Cosmix Fairy

4kids went too far with the editing I noiticed even the episodes are shorter.

--------------------

Credits to love and winx for siggy
Zentron
post Aug 21 2008, 10:55 AM
Post #57

Butterflix Fairy

QUOTE (Music123 @ Aug 21 2008, 08:50 AM) *
4kids went too far with the editing I noticed even the episodes are shorter.
Of course! Afterall, they have to cut it down to fit the adverts in somehow wink.gif

--------------------

- My Winx Club dedicated forum. Wallpapers, images, games, Rai English episode D/L, etc.
Abby
post Aug 21 2008, 4:29 PM
Post #58

Cosmix Fairy

I don't know so much about the babyish stuff anymore though. I have been watching some rai episodes and a lot of their stuff is babyish too, like the way bloom says "oh goodness" or "oh heavens" every time something goes wrong.
P-girl
post Aug 21 2008, 4:39 PM
Post #59

Cosmix Fairy

You rather have her say 'Damnit!' and 'Oh *Bleeeeeep!*? It's a show aimed at young girls.
Abby
post Aug 21 2008, 4:58 PM
Post #60

Cosmix Fairy

No I wouldn't, but kids don't say "oh heavens" all the time. In 4kids she doesn't say that, I'm not sure what she says but I know it isn't that.

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 1:51 PM