11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >  
Add Reply
> Which Fairy Is More Powerful!
Hirondelle
post Aug 27 2008, 4:02 AM
Post #161

Harmonix Fairy

Group: Members

Yeah, I think they did extremely well with Avatar, I really wish more Western cartoons were like it. I still can't think of many western shows that are that deep with a good storyline. While it did have asian animators, it's much more respectable than those shows that just use the culture as the main point. Nick has a horrible show out on the Nicktoon's channel, and it's call Three Delivery. Before they even decide to put out a show, they better work on refining the animation first. Flash is more efficient, but not the best alternative if the overall product looks cheap and slapped together quickly. I don't tolerate shows like those.

This post has been edited by Hirondelle: Aug 27 2008, 4:06 AM

--------------------

Faedust Charms
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Aug 27 2008, 6:18 AM
Post #162

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Galactik football, a French animated series, might look shallow at first (Not to mention WAY to many CGI shots being re-used over and over again....) But the storyline and character designs are top-notch. Characters are very deep and layered for a western show.
Zhanneel
post Aug 27 2008, 3:24 PM
Post #163

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I'd even be lenient on the whole "has to have good animation" if only I could find some cartoons with good plots. They are getting very rare to find these days. If I was into football I'd probably look into that show =P. But I'm glad they did the right thing and worried about the plot instead.

In that past 10 years I've been hard pressed to find many cartoons that actually catch my attention for more than 2 seconds. That's why I go back to the 80's and watch all of the classics (and most of them also have Asian animators, lol, especially Rankin and Bass): i.e. Thundercats, G.I.Joe, Jem and the Holograms, and I even love the kiddie shows of Care Bears and My Little Pony (since they have the animation style I love). I've been latching onto European shows though, namely Winx and W.I.T.C.H., but I wish I had more to go on than those two shows. The French Code Lyoko wasn't too bad either. There is Huntik which is coming out soon too...
Hirondelle
post Aug 27 2008, 4:02 PM
Post #164

Harmonix Fairy

Eh, maybe it just irks me because I want to do animation ^^; I also prefer shows to have a really good overall appeal, like a judge I automatically rate them in different categories. xD Picky I know, but maybe that'll help with my future career options...
I find it increasingly difficult to find good cartoons, what I do is learn about the people involved. How this works for me is because I don't exactly look for epic cartoons, just good ones that aren't annoying or stupidly childish. Then unknowingly, I always choose shows that have people from other shows that I already know of. It's practically about who you know, it's strange.

--------------------

Faedust Charms
MorriganAensland
post Aug 27 2008, 5:13 PM
Post #165

Cosmix Fairy

Weird.

I got into G Gundam for the quality of music, its voice acting that's made of awesomenessity, and the overall plot of it. I mean, how can you not like it when it's got a sequence like this?

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

And save for changing the names of various Gundams (which Sunrise themselves did to avoid cultural backlashes) the English dub is almost word-for-word identical to the Japanese version.

The fact that the director took a series that was meant soley to sell toys and took it in a way that makes it the most original and unique of all the Gundam anime, and the most-quoted to boot, is what truly amazes me.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Tecna 01
post Aug 29 2008, 4:07 PM
Post #166

Mythix Fairy

I think bloom is the strongest. *sob* I wished tecna to be the strongest.

--------------------

Thanks ditta for making this awesome signature!
P-girl
post Aug 29 2008, 4:52 PM
Post #167

Cosmix Fairy

No offence, but didn't we just went trough this whole ' Uncontrollable Raw power vs. Well-used controlled powers debate?
MorriganAensland
post Aug 29 2008, 8:54 PM
Post #168

Cosmix Fairy

*shakes head sadly*

Indeed we did.

And really, Bloom really can only do one thing with her abilities: burn things. Well, that and do whatever the plot demands.

Overall, however, fire just isn't an interesting ability, to me, when it comes to the elements. Stella, Musa, Tecna, and Flora, arguably could go Final Dynamic Special on everyone in a attack that's all but borderline-hax.

1. Tecna traps them all in an enclosed area with their opponent via barriers.
2. Flora makes a bunch of plants outside the barrier. Ones that don't need much water or nutrients, but they're arranged so that any oxygen gas produced by photosynthesis is dumped into the area.
3. Stella uses lights to speed up the plants photosynthesis rate. In the process, the ever-growing plants flood the environment, making the air extremely dense.
4. Condensed air lets sonic waves travel faster, letting Musa's attacks have more of a punch to them. Depending on how much oxygen is dumped into the area, we could hit up to 4, 5, even 10 times its initial strength. And the opponent has *nowhere* to run.

... Feel free to have whoever's turn it is not to add to the sequence to whale on the opponents.

Versatility will always trump strength. That's how it goes in war.

--------------------

P-girl
post Aug 29 2008, 8:59 PM
Post #169

Cosmix Fairy

*Movie Spoiler*

Y'know, they did something like that to Mandragora in the movie (Okay, so Tecna's spell wasn't a 'barrier', but it was a containment spell. And it wasn't that.... detailed overall, but there were big similarities.)
MorriganAensland
post Aug 29 2008, 9:24 PM
Post #170

Cosmix Fairy

... And I've never seen the movie, nor read up about it.

--------------------

P-girl
post Aug 29 2008, 9:30 PM
Post #171

Cosmix Fairy

Well, it was a so called 'convergance spell'. First Flora uses her vines, upsetting the ground so several pieces of rock/soil surround Mandragora. Then Tecna uses said pieces of rock/soil to create a cage of green electricity (Pardon me, but when I noticed that, all I could think about was how brilliant that was.) Mandragora changes into a swarm bugs and tries to escape, but Layla traps her in one of her pink bubbles, forcing her to change back, as Stella and Musa combine their powers (Musa actually shouts out her attack.) and hit her..... end then it all ends with Bloom using her Dragon and Faragonda using this screen-filling white flash.... but that was less interesting.

Okay, so less similar then I taught....... sorry, my bad, I just taught it was a brilliant and well-taught out attack.
MorriganAensland
post Aug 29 2008, 10:43 PM
Post #172

Cosmix Fairy

As you should. Although the "make a technological barrier out of rock and soil" when your powers are technology-based is a little weird.

Then again, I won't call them on it.

Straffi probably got inspiration for that sequence from the previously-mentioned Final Dynamic Special from one of the Go Nagai crossover movie. To kill the absurdly giant monster in it, two of the guys threw massive containers filled with oil into it's mouth while the third cut a hole into its stomach. Afterwards, Ryoma had Getter Robo G deliver a Shine Spark to it, igniting the oil inside its stomach and blowing it apart.

Considering Grendizer's absurd popularity in Europe, and Italy and France specifically, I wouldn't be surprised or think little of him for it. The Dynamic Special's been copied enough in Japanese culture enough as it is.

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Aug 29 2008, 10:44 PM
Post #173

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Not much to add here, but I love it when they use all of their powers together, thought the cheap burst of fire at the end kind of ruined it a smidgen =P. And I would agree: creativity and versatility is the way to go. Blasting away can get tiresome and is used too much like a cheat card.
MorriganAensland
post Aug 29 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #174

Cosmix Fairy

Well, if you make it look cool, a beam/blast of energy is still very easy to watch.

Case in point: Stoner Sunshine.

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

And yes, that's its name. Stoner Sunshine.

--------------------

Manda4winx
post Sep 2 2008, 2:00 AM
Post #175

Charmix Fairy

All of them are so strong! Although Bloom is the strongest. I wish everyone was, then I wouldn't have to choose! Lolz!

--------------------
{Miley} A words, just a word. 'Til you mean, what you say.
{Nick} And love, isn't love. 'Til you give it away.
{Miley} We've all gotta gift.
{Nick} Yes somethin' to give. To make, a change.
{All} Send it on. On and on. Just one that can heal another.
{Miley} Be apart. Reach your heart. Just one spark starts a fire!
{Miley} With one little action. The chain reaction, will never stop! Make us strong! Shine a light and send it on.
{Demi} Just smile, and the world, will smile along with you....
- "Send it On" - Miley, Demi, Selena & JB -
Jahnavi
post Sep 2 2008, 10:24 AM
Post #176

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

QUOTE (P-girl @ Aug 29 2008, 09:52 PM) *
No offence, but didn't we just went trough this whole ' Uncontrollable Raw power vs. Well-used controlled powers debate?

*Points at P-girl's post* Yeah, didn't we just go through how each of their powers are different, which makes them all strong in different environments or situations?

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Dark_Side_Master
post Apr 12 2009, 7:16 PM
Post #177

Mythix Fairy

all of them are as powerful as another one of them.

--------------------
Glory to the Sin'doray!!!

Forum set by *Stella*. Thank you so much! Official image by Blizzard Co.

Userbar made by jah-jah. thank you so much :)
Oh, and the main thing, HERE AM I!
Anna Maria
post Apr 22 2009, 8:40 AM
Post #178

Cosmix Fairy

I believe that Bloom is not so much stronger than the others. Of course she has the dragonfire which makes her strong but she needs the rest of the fairies to cope, each one of them needs the rest of the Winx Club to cope.
And apart from that, each one of them is the strongest in different sections, we can't compare different things.

--------------------

Liva siggie by Terri...
Zhanneel
post Apr 22 2009, 11:49 AM
Post #179

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Nicely put Anna Maria. It gives each of the girls their own strengths. icon_wink.gif
Anna Maria
post Apr 23 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #180

Cosmix Fairy

Thanks Zhanneel. :)
I philosophized a lot before as it comes to who's the strongest, lol icon_razz.gif

--------------------

Liva siggie by Terri...

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 3:07 PM