No, I love school [ 13 ]  [44.83%]
Total Votes: 29
Guests cannot vote 
stargazer
post Apr 7 2007, 9:26 PM
Post #21

Pixie

Group: New Members

well i like skool but i hate studies and hw. lol besides skool can be fun. think about gym and field trips, but u know my mom was a science teacher and she taught me science for 2 years!!!
Go to the top of the page
Firepower
post Apr 8 2007, 12:08 AM
Post #22

Pixie

I'm in Pre Calc right now I might be able to help you but no promises (I don't even know what some of those things you mentioned are because in my state they might be called something else). I'm also taking a physics/ chemistry class and have a 105% in the class so just ask if you need anything (hate math and science, too logical, but I do retain much information)

--------------------
I burn with the Fires of Life, and Love
DuelMasterP
post Apr 8 2007, 12:18 AM
Post #23

A True Fairy

Group: Members

I studied maths and physics for A level (That's what we do between 16 and 18 in the UK) so I might be able to help with maths and science.

What part of each of those topics are you struggling with? I'll try to give a summary of everything I remember about what you've listed so far... (Our syllabus is likely to be different from yours...) Feel free to shout at me if I'm writing at the wrong level. (I have no idea what the American levels are like...)

Bearings: Angle measured in degrees clockwise from due North. EG: 270 degrees would be due West.

Graphs:
*The X axis (horizontal) is normally the variable that you can change (eg. temperature of a room) and the Y axis (vertical) depends on the x axis (eg. how thirsty the people inside get)
*Use your ruler when plotting the points. You might get the wrong line on the paper without realising, making the graph shift in strange ways.
*Remember to put labels and units on the axis. In the example I used before, I'd probably use Celsius (or Fahrenheit) for the X axis (temperature) and "How many bottles of water each person drinks" for the Y axis.

Algebra: (The stuff you'll only use if you become a mathematician or a programmer.)
*When looking at equations and functions, see if you can get rid of anything. EG: in 3X + Y^2 = 3X + 9 (^2 is squared) you can remove the "3X" from both sides because they cancel out.
*Make sure you never divide by 0, or anything that might be 0. EG: XY = X does not mean that Y = 1... If X is 0, then Y can be any number you can dream of...

--------------------

winxclub-joy
post Apr 8 2007, 2:20 AM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

QUOTE (DuelMasterP)
I studied maths and physics for A level (That's what we do between 16 and 18 in the UK) so I might be able to help with maths and science.

What part of each of those topics are you struggling with? I'll try to give a summary of everything I remember about what you've listed so far... (Our syllabus is likely to be different from yours...) Feel free to shout at me if I'm writing at the wrong level. (I have no idea what the American levels are like...)

Bearings: Angle measured in degrees clockwise from due North. EG: 270 degrees would be due West.

Graphs:
*The X axis (horizontal) is normally the variable that you can change (eg. temperature of a room) and the Y axis (vertical) depends on the x axis (eg. how thirsty the people inside get)
*Use your ruler when plotting the points. You might get the wrong line on the paper without realising, making the graph shift in strange ways.
*Remember to put labels and units on the axis. In the example I used before, I'd probably use Celsius (or Fahrenheit) for the X axis (temperature) and "How many bottles of water each person drinks" for the Y axis.

Algebra: (The stuff you'll only use if you become a mathematician or a programmer.)  
*When looking at equations and functions, see if you can get rid of anything. EG: in 3X + Y^2 = 3X + 9 (^2 is squared) you can remove the "3X" from both sides because they cancel out.
*Make sure you never divide by 0, or anything that might be 0. EG: XY = X does not mean that Y = 1... If X is 0, then Y can be any number you can dream of...

Thank You! Grazie*

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Apr 13 2007, 6:50 PM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I do English courses but maybe able to help personal message me and if I am on I will try and reply with help if I can.
Cutecam
post Apr 14 2007, 6:55 PM
Post #26

Pixie

Math is just impossible!! ita the hardest subject in school !! but anyway wat grade are you guys?? im in grade 6
fullmoon
post Apr 14 2007, 9:33 PM
Post #27

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Math can be easy and hard for me. Matters what kind. I don't like dealing with geometry though it can be sometimes easy. One time I thought it was easy (WOW)! I like literature the best or reading. I'm not good at grammar though.

--------------------

I am not WEIRDhopefullyI think

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
mightymarty2
post Apr 16 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #28

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Maths is not the hardest it is easily a languages thank goodness I dropped them for this year
Selena
post Apr 22 2007, 10:55 AM
Post #29

Mythix Fairy

QUOTE (Cutecam @ Apr 15 2007, 02:55 AM) *
Math is just impossible!! ita the hardest subject in school !! but anyway wat grade are you guys?? im in grade 6

I am in Year 12.
When I was in grade 6 I hated maths. I was always last to finish.
But I was prity good at high school.
However I dropped maths last year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
PE is NOT fun. To who ever said that. It is evil and must die!!!
I dropped that as so as I could. but mind you I never brought my gear to school for like 3 years prior. We have mean people at our school. GSSC sux

--------------------

My toys were my friends
Until you taught them all how to bite
99RedBalloons
post Apr 22 2007, 1:20 PM
Post #30

Tynix Fairy

I was very good at maths in middle school, but in high school I started having some troubles with PreCalc. I was great at Geometry and okay at Statistics, but those Algebra-based maths...not so much. However now, I'm taking Probability and Statistics and it's quite easy. I'm doing rather well.

--------------------
winxclub-joy
post Apr 25 2007, 9:03 AM
Post #31

Cosmix Fairy

You can kill me on my maths. I am okay with my English but I don't know why these few days, teachers said that my English Oral is getting worser as I use too much American slang. So I am trying to get used on british English but it was like....... Never mind.
My chinese i don't even give a damm as I hate that subject and know that I forever won't pass my chinese oral.
Elements of Office adminstration was very hard but managed to passed.
But Computer Appicaitions, i hate multimedia presentation, it sucks like hell >.<
Science, I have no problem with practical but sucks at Theory >.<

God are now touturing us..........

--------------------
B-loommy
post Apr 25 2007, 3:44 PM
Post #32

Mythix Fairy

I kan help you wis Math.. I am in the 6 grade and i get the 7 grade math book icon_razz.gif

5a+12,4+2,6+3,14+1,4a+0,4+2,4=

Soo whats the answer?LOL( i know).

This post has been edited by B-loommy: Apr 25 2007, 3:45 PM
winxclub-joy
post Apr 27 2007, 1:39 PM
Post #33

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (B-loommy @ Apr 25 2007, 03:44 PM) *
I kan help you wis Math.. I am in the 6 grade and i get the 7 grade math book icon_razz.gif

lol say the answer then

--------------------
99RedBalloons
post Apr 27 2007, 2:39 PM
Post #34

Tynix Fairy

QUOTE (B-loommy @ Apr 25 2007, 11:44 AM) *

That problem...doesn't look like it was written out quite right. What's with the commas?

--------------------
B-loommy
post Apr 28 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #35

Mythix Fairy

Okey.. i wanted you to find out....... The answer is 6,8a+20,54
99RedBalloons
post Apr 28 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #36

Tynix Fairy

But...what's with the commas?

--------------------
B-loommy
post Apr 28 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #37

Mythix Fairy

i really dont know blush.gif I was standing in the book.
winxclub-joy
post Apr 28 2007, 2:07 PM
Post #38

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (B-loommy @ Apr 28 2007, 12:18 PM) *
i really dont know blush.gif I was standing in the book.

lol you're funny XD

--------------------
B-loommy
post Apr 28 2007, 3:57 PM
Post #39

Mythix Fairy

QUOTE (winxclub-joy @ Apr 28 2007, 02:07 PM) *
lol you're funny XD

Why???? mellow.gif (i forgat the t in- it was standing in the book) LOL XD
99RedBalloons
post Apr 29 2007, 8:57 PM
Post #40

Tynix Fairy

Well, that makes no sense.

--------------------

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 6:57 AM