Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Fairy Ball gowns
DancingRainbows
post Feb 4 2010, 8:52 PM
Post #1

Pixie

Group: New Members

I'm posting this here because although it's about fashion, it's also about the characters.

They wear ball gowns in Save the First Dance, The Princess' Ball and Dark Sky. Let me know if I've missed any.
In "Save the First Dance" I loved all of the dresses. Especially Techna's, Musa's and Flora's. Now in "The Princess' Ball" is there anyone else apart from me who thought Bloom's dress was too babyish and Techna's dress didn't suit her at all? In my opinion; Musa's and Stella's dresses were beautiful and suited them. Stella though wore more orange in the beginning looks great in pink/dark pink with some sparkle. I have no comment on Flora's. In "Dark Sky" I personally thought they would wear something even more glamourous. Tecna's dress just seems too plain for that setting. Maybe it's just me.

What are your thoughts?

--------------------

Sig made for me by Mercynova and avatar made for me by SDS on MLP Arena
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Feb 4 2010, 8:55 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Personally, I'm not really into gowns.... and the gowns from Winx I like are kinda 1st AND 2nd movie spoilers. The gowns used in them are kick-*ss.
jsispitz
post Feb 4 2010, 10:53 PM
Post #3

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

Honestly? Hated Stella's 'Princess Ball' dress. While the colour looked nice, the top half was truly horrendous and looked like one of those ugly cut off 80's sweat shirts. The whole thing reminded me more of a sweat suit than a ball gown, it was just poorly cut. The whole thing could have been salvaged with a nicer fitting top half, like getting rid of that random sleeve for example. I do LIKE some asymmetry in designs, but I feel it helped to ruin the dress in this case.

Whatever, that's my 2 cents =/

--------------------

...Well isn't that...special...
{§hani}
post Feb 5 2010, 8:47 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

i dont know to be honest i really think alot of those dresses are horendouse but i mean the gowns they wore at the end of the movie wer even worse! Bloom's was lovely though.

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
rano0oma
post Feb 5 2010, 1:17 PM
Post #5

Butterflix Fairy

i think that most of the gowns the winx wore were..well..terrible, but they did have a few dresses that were good:
stella's in 'save the first dance'
bloom's at the end of the first movie
and musa's in 'dark sky'
that pretty much are the ones I like

--------------------
Another Morning
post Feb 5 2010, 11:09 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Every time I see Bloom's S3 gown, I'm confounded by how the top is supposed to work. It's like, halfway down her chest.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
DP053742
post Jun 15 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #7

Pixie

QUOTE (DancingRainbows @ Feb 4 2010, 02:52 PM) *
I'm posting this here because although it's about fashion, it's also about the characters.

They wear ball gowns in Save the First Dance, The Princess' Ball and Dark Sky. Let me know if I've missed any.
In "Save the First Dance" I loved all of the dresses. Especially Techna's, Musa's and Flora's. Now in "The Princess' Ball" is there anyone else apart from me who thought Bloom's dress was too babyish and Techna's dress didn't suit her at all? In my opinion; Musa's and Stella's dresses were beautiful and suited them. Stella though wore more orange in the beginning looks great in pink/dark pink with some sparkle. I have no comment on Flora's. In "Dark Sky" I personally thought they would wear something even more glamourous. Tecna's dress just seems too plain for that setting. Maybe it's just me.

What are your thoughts?

Dear DancingRainbows,

The Winx Club also wears ball gowns at the end of the 1st Winx Club movie when Bloom finally finds her birth parents. They also wear ball gowns in the 2nd Winx Club movie.

From,
DP053742
lightrain
post Jun 21 2010, 4:14 PM
Post #8

Pixie

well i really love their gowns
and yeah blooms gown in the series is a bit childish
though the one she wore in the last dance of the first movie was really pretty

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 1:22 PM